Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Trans States or Air Wisconsin?

Future Cpt Kirk
05-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Ok,

I know I am opening myself up to a large amount of criticisms and commentary by posting this thread. But hopefully I will gain some valuable insights....

As some of you may know from reading AWAC and TSA threads or my earlier thread "ERJ 145 vs. CRJ 200), I recently interviewed with and was offered positions at both AWAC and TSA. I am leaning towards TSA, but would like to get the insights of current regional (and any major pilots on here) as to what you might do if you were in MY situation. Hindsight is 20/20... Please keep that in mind. I'm a new hire; I am not experienced in the industry.

I am looking for solid, empirical information as to why one may be a better choice over the other for my situation.

About me: I live in Northern VA (driving distance to an IAD or DCA base). I have a family to help support and can't afford bottom of the barrel pay. AWAC is highest paying with TSA fairly close behind. They both have DC bases and as a result are my top two choices.

Things I know:

AWAC:

Pro's: Has the best contract, pay, and supposedly QOL.

Con's: No long term contract exists. The extension takes operations through the first quarter 2016 with little or no growth currently forecast unless a new contract is signed. Upgrade times = 3.5-4 years. Soooo... If things did not work out for AWAC, I could end up having to find a new job at another company as an FO after three years when the current contract extension expires. I'd be starting over. If a new contract is signed, that still leaves the factor of a longer upgrade on the table.

TSA:

Pro's: Seven year contract with UAL. Doubling in size this year. Hiring like wildfire and current upgrade times are 1.5 years. Above average pay and I hear QOL is pretty good. 10k sign on bonus.

Con's: Lower pay than AWAC and probably not quite as good QOL and work rules, but still good from what I hear. Also, if I don't get an IAD base (I have been told by most that I have spoken to that I probably will get an IAD base right out of or soon after training), the commute from the DC area would suck. I'm trying to find other cons for TSA.... But off the top of my head, I don't have any.

50 seater question: Any actual empirical data to show that I should completely stay away from the 50 seaters in general? For the most part guys are telling me not to worry about this, especially with TSA since their contract is good for seven years... But some keep brining it up to me and say I should look into Mesa or PSA (whose wages I would have a hard time with given my situation).

What I keep hearing is people telling me to go to AWAC (mostly current AWAC pilots, but not all) despite the recent failure to get a new long term contract going and the uncertainty of their long term future. "They will figure something out; they always do," is a common phrase I hear. I know the pay, work rules and QOL are great. I know the company treats its employees well. But I also know that it could be dicey for a current new hire if things don't work out for them long term. Anyone hired now will likely still be an FO when negotiations come back around in 2017-2018.

I appreciate any insight that is given. Let's please try to keep it civil.

Salukipilot4590
05-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Hulas vs. Guaranteed uncertainty.

DryMotorBoatin
05-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Pick one. Make it work for you. If you choose airline A and you're miserable/happy there, chances are you'd be just as miserable/happy at airline B.

Lvlng4Spd
05-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Neither, but my .02, maybe .03. Come to PDT...you can drive in short order to more than half of our current or proposed bases. If you ever have to commute with us, you will actually get on too (as will your whole family before any contract carrier employee). First year pay is good, 5k bonus, good contract, upgrade, flow...

IlliniPilot99
05-11-2015, 10:21 AM
ok fine I seemed harsh in my last post on the lost OP's post.

QOL, Base and then upgrade...you're going to make more when you're a Captain at TSA when you upgrade in 1.5-2 years (depending on how fast you can get the 1000 SIC) vs. ~4.5-5 years (someone correct that if it's wrong, not really sure)

billyho
05-11-2015, 10:21 AM
Neither, but my .02, maybe .03. Come to PDT...you can drive in short order to more than half of our current or proposed bases. If you ever have to commute with us, you will actually get on too (as will your whole family before any contract carrier employee). First year pay is good, 5k bonus, good contract, upgrade, flow...

Wait this is a Trans States/Air Wisconsin thread. How dare you try and sell Piedmont on here. :D

Lvlng4Spd
05-11-2015, 10:24 AM
Wait this is a Trans States/Air Wisconsin thread. How dare you try and sell Piedmont on here. :D

Screw it lol. I'm just trying to make some sense around here. DCA PHL CHO MDT ROA SBY all within reasonable driving distance. C'mon Man! 😜

billyho
05-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Screw it lol. I'm just trying to make some sense around here. DCA PHL CHO MDT ROA SBY all within reasonable driving distance. C'mon Man! 😜

You needed the Kermit the Frog Meme sipping Tea saying that. haha:D

Future Cpt Kirk
05-11-2015, 10:28 AM

CHO is the only base I could drive to. Everything else 3.5 hours or more driving distance.

nuball5
05-11-2015, 10:31 AM

I personally wouldn't pick a regional based on boarding priority of wholly owned vs. non-wholly owns. Your commute will either have seats open or be oversold with two mainline jump-seaters listed. I do agree that you should look at PDT for the other reasons listed above. TSA, PDT or somewhere else with some growth.

Lvlng4Spd
05-11-2015, 10:41 AM
I personally wouldn't pick a regional based on boarding priority of wholly owned vs. non-wholly owns. Your commute will either have seats open or be oversold with two mainline jump-seaters listed. I do agree that you should look at PDT for the other reasons listed above. TSA, PDT or somewhere else with some growth.

Hey if you are number 1 on the list and there is 1 seat that sure beats being 5 or 6 and fighting over a seat with my parents who checked in before you. Just sayin'

nuball5
05-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Hey if you are number 1 on the list and there is 1 seat that sure beats being 5 or 6 and fighting over a seat with my parents who checked in before you. Just sayin'

I'm a non-commuter, but most the guys I know who commute at Air Willy are either taking an Airbus back and forth with two j/s or commuting on an Awac flight....or when it gets bad, they'll get positive spaced. Rendering your parents obsolete. No Awac pilot I know is trying to commute into CHO, MDT or SBY on a Dash. All I'm saying is I wouldn't choose a regional based on that.....that's all.

billyho
05-11-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm a non-commuter, but most the guys I know who commute at Air Willy are either taking an Airbus back and forth with two j/s or commuting on an Awac flight....or when it gets bad, they'll get positive spaced. Rendering your parents obsolete. No Awac pilot I know is trying to commute into CHO, MDT or SBY on a Dash. All I'm saying is I wouldn't choose a regional based on that.....that's all.

If you are going to commute at a regional then you'll want the one with the fastest upgrade time. Screw commuting for 4-5 years as an FO if you don't have too. Suck up maybe a lower pay and upgrade in 2 years and you'll be making more then pretty much any FO at all the other regionals.

Cutting your time in half to get to a major is a good option. I'm not saying I wouldn't go to AWAC and if I lived within driving distance of there base it'd be a no brainer. However if you're going to commute on an airline then you'll want to minimize you time at that regional.

I've been blessed to have lived in base my whole time and while my flow number is fast approaching I'm not looking forward to commuting. That being said if you are going to commute then why not commute for a major making a ton more money. I'm still not excited about it however. :(

But hell that's just my opinion.

nuball5
05-11-2015, 11:10 AM
If you are going to commute at a regional then you'll want the one with the fastest upgrade time. Screw commuting for 4-5 years as an FO if you don't have too. Suck up maybe a lower pay and upgrade in 2 years and you'll be making more then pretty much any FO at all the other regionals.

Cutting your time in half to get to a major is a good option. I'm not saying I wouldn't go to AWAC and if I lived within driving distance of there base it'd be a no brainer. However if you're going to commute on an airline then you'll want to minimize you time at that regional.

I've been blessed to have lived in base my whole time and while my flow number is fast approaching I'm not looking forward to commuting. That being said if you are going to commute then why not commute for a major making a ton more money. I'm still not excited about it however. :(

But hell that's just my opinion.

Congrats on your upcoming flow. Good to see guys move on to greener pastures. Working at Air Wisconsin for almost five years has been great. Living in base makes it even better. Just hard to move on with American and Delta having flow-through agreements with their wholly-owns. Something to think about if you're considering Air Wisconsin as a new-hire.

TNDeltaFlyboy
05-11-2015, 11:10 AM
To the original poster, the extension announced a few weeks ago is until Q1 2018...not 2016. Not that it is a huge improvement but it is a full two years longer than you think. I spent 9 years at AWAC. Yes, times are different now but you will not regret it if you choose to go there. Finally, there's a reason it's been around for 50 years. They now how to run an airline. I personally don't believe they will shut down in 2018. Will the pilots have the same good contract? Not so sure. However, it will afford you plenty of time to move on to a major.

Good luck in your decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

billyho
05-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Congrats on your upcoming flow. Good to see guys move on to greener pastures. Working at Air Wisconsin for almost five years has been great. Living in base makes it even better. Just hard to move on with American and Delta having flow-through agreements with their wholly-owns. Something to think about if you're considering Air Wisconsin as a new-hire.

If you can live in base at a regional your life will be much better. It took me 5 years to upgrade at Piedmont. We will now see that drop really fast. The best thing for me about the flow is the speed at which I've moved up the Captains side and how my QOL has gotten better moving up into the Top 5 Captains in Base when I was like the bottom line holder not only 4 months ago.

Nice to know I only have to bid 4 lines now.

Living is base is a great advantage to have. If you can then I'd suggest do it. The money at the regionals makes it almost not worth the commute.

Get that PIC time and move on. Mainline pay is much more worth the commute.

DryMotorBoatin
05-11-2015, 01:29 PM
I honestly can't think of anything worse than commuting. 'Cept maybe nazis.

Lvlng4Spd
05-11-2015, 01:56 PM
I honestly can't think of anything worse than commuting. 'Cept maybe nazis.

Oh it's not that bad...of course if you have never experienced worse ways of living you wouldn't know. I'm a 3 year 2-3 leg commuter sometimes. No kids here and my wife loves to travel...on some trips we roll together. Tell me again about boarding priority... Life is good...turn down for what?

BaalsAdvocate
05-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Ok,

TSA:

Pro's: Seven year contract with UAL. Doubling in size this year. Hiring like wildfire and current upgrade times are 1.5 years. Above average pay and I hear QOL is pretty good. 10k sign on bonus.

This is the answer to your question. If you choose Whiskey, you will remember this post quite clearly in a few short years when you are furloughed and end up at TSA anyway.

Salukipilot4590
05-11-2015, 03:09 PM
This is the answer to your question. If you choose Whiskey, you will remember this post quite clearly in a few short years when you are furloughed and end up at TSA anyway.

Well if he goes to TSA he might end up furloughed anyway as well. They. do. not. give. a. crap. about. pilots.

TSA sounds like the better choice.....just like it did in November of 2007 when I made the choice as well.

CBreezy
05-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Well if he goes to TSA he might end up furloughed anyway as well. They. do. not. give. a. crap. about. pilots.

TSA sounds like the better choice.....just like it did in November of 2007 when I made the choice as well.

You mean when there were rumors of more flying when in fact there was none? Or like now when they still have 20 some airplanes yet to be delivered.

mpet
05-11-2015, 04:15 PM
I'm starting at AWAC in June. My thought process is that I wont hate my life working there while I gain 121 experience (My first 121 job) and I'm sort of betting on things being completely different 3 years from now. As the kids would say, "Yolo."

FlyPKP
05-11-2015, 05:15 PM
If things in the world go crazy and you end up being stuck at a regional longer than expected, which company would you rather be at in the long run?

flynavyj
05-11-2015, 06:22 PM
CHO is the only base I could drive to. Everything else 3.5 hours or more driving distance.

Dude, I was living in KC and driving to St. Louis when Southwest was booked up...a 3.5 Hr Commute is totally doable...so much so that I quit the airline biz. :p

BaalsAdvocate
05-11-2015, 06:55 PM

guess you haven't learned anything in 8 years. airlines don't give a crap about pilots. least of all you. it's a business with a bottom line. not a camp fire kumbaya. better to be at an airline that's growing than one that's shrinking... this year.

billyho
05-11-2015, 07:08 PM
If things in the world go crazy and you end up being stuck at a regional longer than expected, which company would you rather be at in the long run?

The one allows you to upgrade and one that allows you to live within driving distance of your base. Big difference being stuck at a regional in the Left seat compared to the Right Seat.

ArcherDvr
05-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Hands down Air Whiskey.

Systemized
05-12-2015, 03:12 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Air Wisconsin uses line bidding and Trans States has a preferential bidding system. In my experience, Line bidding can allow for more days off during a vacation month. Maybe someone at Wisconsin can post about their line bidding process.

TNDeltaFlyboy
05-12-2015, 03:32 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Air Wisconsin uses line bidding and Trans States has a preferential bidding system. In my experience, Line bidding can allow for more days off during a vacation month. Maybe someone at Wisconsin can post about their line bidding process.

Correct. ZW also has trip-touching for vacation. So, I bid two weeks of vacation in the middle of a month. I did this every year and on average I turned that 2 weeks into anywhere from 23-28 days off those months.

I'm at Delta now and we use PBS. It seems to maximize time off during vacation months you have to bid reserve. We have no trip-touching, either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TeamRamRod
05-12-2015, 07:33 AM
Hands down Air Whiskey.

Says the guy that got fired from TSA for being a moron and isn't in the industry anymore. Make sure you present all the facts rather than your biased opinion because you got sh!t canned from one of the carriers in question for violating the contract.

ArcherDvr
05-12-2015, 07:56 AM
Says the guy that got fired from TSA for being a moron and isn't in the industry anymore. Make sure you present all the facts rather than your biased opinion because you got sh!t canned from one of the carriers in question for violating the contract.
TSA sucked before I was fired, why else does a company have to grossly misrepresent itself to attract pilots. I am still in the industry and doing ten times better than if I were still at TSA.Hands down, Air Whiskey.

Slim11
05-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Ok,

I know I am opening myself up to a large amount of criticisms and commentary by posting this thread. But hopefully I will gain some valuable insights....

As some of you may know from reading AWAC and TSA threads or my earlier thread "ERJ 145 vs. CRJ 200), I recently interviewed with and was offered positions at both AWAC and TSA. I am leaning towards TSA, but would like to get the insights of current regional (and any major pilots on here) as to what you might do if you were in MY situation. Hindsight is 20/20... Please keep that in mind. I'm a new hire; I am not experienced in the industry.

I am looking for solid, empirical information as to why one may be a better choice over the other for my situation.

About me: I live in Northern VA (driving distance to an IAD or DCA base). I have a family to help support and can't afford bottom of the barrel pay. AWAC is highest paying with TSA fairly close behind. They both have DC bases and as a result are my top two choices.

Things I know:

AWAC:

Pro's: Has the best contract, pay, and supposedly QOL.

Con's: No long term contract exists. The extension takes operations through the first quarter 2016 with little or no growth currently forecast unless a new contract is signed. Upgrade times = 3.5-4 years. Soooo... If things did not work out for AWAC, I could end up having to find a new job at another company as an FO after three years when the current contract extension expires. I'd be starting over. If a new contract is signed, that still leaves the factor of a longer upgrade on the table.

TSA:

Con's: Lower pay than AWAC and probably not quite as good QOL and work rules, but still good from what I hear. Also, if I don't get an IAD base (I have been told by most that I have spoken to that I probably will get an IAD base right out of or soon after training), the commute from the DC area would suck. I'm trying to find other cons for TSA.... But off the top of my head, I don't have any.

50 seater question: Any actual empirical data to show that I should completely stay away from the 50 seaters in general? For the most part guys are telling me not to worry about this, especially with TSA since their contract is good for seven years... But some keep brining it up to me and say I should look into Mesa or PSA (whose wages I would have a hard time with given my situation).

What I keep hearing is people telling me to go to AWAC (mostly current AWAC pilots, but not all) despite the recent failure to get a new long term contract going and the uncertainty of their long term future. "They will figure something out; they always do," is a common phrase I hear. I know the pay, work rules and QOL are great. I know the company treats its employees well. But I also know that it could be dicey for a current new hire if things don't work out for them long term. Anyone hired now will likely still be an FO when negotiations come back around in 2017-2018.

I appreciate any insight that is given. Let's please try to keep it civil.

Most of what I know about AWAC is based upon information coming from AWAC jumpseaters and this forum. My statements about TSA are based upon two years there.

AWAC...

There is concern that some of the older CRJs will parked due to the same reason Comair's older CRJs were parked. That was a 40,000 hour limit and I believe that's due to limitations on the landing gear system.

Their health insurance is pretty good and probably better than TSA's.

TSA...

Health insurance for a family is expensive. The pilot's share is over $500 monthly.

TSA is getting more 145s coming over at three per month. They also have the MRJs on order but there is some doubt about those arriving on the property. The current contract states the first 10 MRJs will go to TSA should TS Holdings actually start accepting deliveries. Scope is another concern regarding the MRJs.

I can't, and won't, speak for AWAC management. At TSA, the D.O. is a former Comair chief pilot, sim instructor and, IIRC, the last EMB-120 program manager there. He is well regarded by the TSA pilot group. The IAD chief pilot is also former Comair. I know him and he's a good man.

Overall, go to the carrier where you can live at your crew base. That makes QOL substantially better. Having said that, I used to live in Northern Virginia. Dealing with the traffic in that area might make you wish you were commuting! :D

CAirBear
05-12-2015, 08:28 AM
I have been at Whiskey for 2 years. I only applied at Whiskey and Horizon. Its of no coincidence that they both offer superior contracts and pay in comparison, to most, regionals.

In my opinion, your compensation, benefits and QOL of like should be the most important thing rather than an upgrade. The days of absolutely having to have TPIC are dwindling. None of the big 3 even have it has a requirement anymore. Now does it help? Of course. However, its not the absolute necessity that it once was.

Outside of getting hired as a street captain, no one truly has control over the left seat as it is. As hiring continues more and more senior FOs, who do network and make themselves stand out, are getting hired at the next level. We have had a quite a few leave Whiskey recently.

The fast moving regional today, is closed in 1 year. The place that everyone ragged on for not growing now is growing because it can staff others flying. I came into this sector of the career not particualarly worrying or caring what might happen at the end of 2015. I knew I was going to be at a great place, with a really good contract (which certainly contributes to a great QOL) and, for the most part, don't commute. I honestly can't complain much about where I work. That was what was important to me. I refused to be part of the problem and go to complete bottom feeder, garbage, operations.

I guess what I am saying is. There are 2.5 years until Feb 2018. I came here with exactly 2.5 years left on the contract. I did so not worrying about the future. I knew I was going to get great experience, while making the most money (as an FO assuming no upgrade) and have a decent life while doing this job. So far its worked as planned.

Currently I am less than 100 away from CA as of the last vacancy bid. I would guess it might be another 1 year + (maybe a couple months). That puts its at 3 years. The 4-5 year upgrades were in the past. Things are definitely moving here as they are everywhere.

FlyPKP
05-12-2015, 08:39 AM
Con's: No long term contract exists.

To anyone's knowledge outside of management. The company is still in contract negotiations with the pilot group, as much as they use it as a recruitment tool, they also wants cuts from the pilots. Scare tactics as always, to assume Feb '18 is it is naive.

CBreezy
05-12-2015, 09:56 AM
TSA sucked before I was fired, why else does a company have to grossly misrepresent itself to attract pilots. I am still in the industry and doing ten times better than if I were still at TSA.Hands down, Air Whiskey.

How were you fired again? Gross negligence?

minimwage4
05-12-2015, 10:00 AM

You'd be a captain by now, at an airline.

Nevets
05-12-2015, 10:35 AM
TSA is getting more 145s coming over at three per month. They also have the MRJs on order but there is some doubt about those arriving on the property. The current contract states the first 10 MRJs will go to TSA should TS Holdings actually start accepting deliveries. Scope is another concern regarding the MRJs.

This is a good point and one that I hadn't thought of. TSH owns three airlines. So it looks like a setup for whipsaw if they are only guaranteeing the first 10 MRJs to TSA. Keep in mind that they own Gojet and Compass. So who is the cheapest operator? There is the whipsaw.

The only thing to prevent this is if the TSA MEC uses any and all negotiating capital to one list all three airlines.

ArcherDvr
05-12-2015, 01:52 PM
You'd be a captain by now, at an airline.

I'm still better off.

Coneydog
05-12-2015, 01:58 PM
I'm still better off.

Sure you are...

ArcherDvr
05-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Sure you are...

Yeah, I sure am. Hands down Air Whiskey.

CBreezy
05-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I sure am. Hands down Air Whiskey.

Says the guy who was fired. During a pilot shortage.

ArcherDvr
05-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Says the guy who was fired. During a pilot shortage.

Says the guy making more than you and not bending over.

Riverside
05-12-2015, 02:31 PM

Well if you're unemployed, then you are bending over.

CBreezy
05-12-2015, 02:34 PM

You make $70k a year?

ArcherDvr
05-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Well if you're unemployed, then you are bending over.

Uh no. And I was unemployed for a week, long enough to get a background check and doubled my salary. Nice try though

ArcherDvr
05-12-2015, 02:40 PM
You make $70k a year?

Almost, as an FO, and I don't work on my days off or count per diem.

CBreezy
05-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Almost, as an FO, and I don't work on my days off or count per diem.

That's cool. I was hired after you were fired and am already a Captain. How's that TPIC working for you?

I don't work on days off either. I travel the country and world for free.

ArcherDvr
05-12-2015, 03:02 PM
That's cool. I was hired after you were fired and am already a Captain. How's that TPIC working for you?

My ________ is bigger than yours, so there.

pitchtrim
05-12-2015, 05:40 PM

Cool story bro.

CBreezy
05-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Cool story bro.

I only brag when faced with ridiculous negativity. Of course, when the last response is a pee pee insult, I realize I'm arguing with a child.

ArcherDvr
05-12-2015, 06:06 PM
I only brag when faced with ridiculous negativity. Of course, when the last response is a pee pee insult, I realize I'm arguing with a child.

As opposed to the mature things you've said to me in the past. I was mocking what was turning into a "my job is better than yours" ****ing match. Look, all I said was hands down Air Whiskey, an opinion I'm entitled to. I didn't start bashing TSA until you and your forum buddies started bashing me. Apparently no one is entitled to give their opinion if it reflects negatively on TSA.

Sorry, sometimes I forget I'm arguing with the best stick in the forum. :rolleyes:

TBucket
05-12-2015, 06:44 PM
My ________ is bigger than yours, so there.
http://i.imgur.com/IONcZdT.gif

^ This guy

ArcherDvr
05-12-2015, 06:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IONcZdT.gif

^ This guy

Hmm...This guy

TheGoldenJet
05-12-2015, 07:20 PM

TSA flies overseas now? Cool.

CBreezy
05-12-2015, 07:22 PM
As opposed to the mature things you've said to me in the past. I was mocking what was turning into a "my job is better than yours" ****ing match. Look, all I said was hands down Air Whiskey, an opinion I'm entitled to. I didn't start bashing TSA until you and your forum buddies started bashing me. Apparently no one is entitled to give their opinion if it reflects negatively on TSA.

Sorry, sometimes I forget I'm arguing with the best stick in the forum. :rolleyes:

I think Air Wisconsin has a way better contract and work rules albeit a significantly longer upgrade and equally unfavorable 50-seaters. No one is saying you can't have an opinion but all opinions should be put in context. You find any forum to spout hate against TSA for a very misguided reason. I'm just making sure everyone knows that your hate is because you were fired during a pilot shortage. Fired.

CBreezy
05-12-2015, 07:27 PM
TSA flies overseas now? Cool.

Your 3rd grade reading level is adorable. Try re-reading what you quoted and think REALLY hard. You clearly spent as many brain bytes reading my post as you did choosing GoJetzzzz

TheGoldenJet
05-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Your 3rd grade reading level is adorable. Try re-reading what you quoted and think REALLY hard. You clearly spent as many brain bytes reading my post as you did choosing GoJetzzzz

Haha obviously your the slow one. You guys stick to IAD. You wouldn't last one minute flying overseas lol.

CBreezy
05-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Haha obviously your the slow one. You guys stick to IAD. You wouldn't last one minute flying overseas lol.

I think you meant you're. I said I don't fly on my days off. Then I wrote a second sentence which relates to the first like sentences in a paragraph normally do. I travel...(non-rev and jumpseat). I'm sorry you can't read.

TheGoldenJet
05-12-2015, 07:40 PM
I think you meant you're. I said I don't fly on my days off. Then I wrote a second sentence which relates to the first like sentences in a paragraph normally do. I travel...(non-rev and jumpseat). I'm sorry you can't read.

Thank you Mrs. Breezy. Please be easy on my midterm exam.....Go to bed son it's past your bedtime.

CBreezy
05-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Thank you Mrs. Breezy. Please be easy on my midterm exam.....Go to bed son it's past your bedtime.

Not the dreaded "you're smart and that's dumb" burn. Classic deflection. Point still stands. You can't read.

TheGoldenJet
05-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Not the dreaded "you're smart and that's dumb" burn. Classic deflection. Point still stands. You can't read.

Quick there is someone posting bad about TSA on another forum. Go get em boy!

ArcherDvr
05-12-2015, 07:48 PM
I think Air Wisconsin has a way better contract and work rules albeit a significantly longer upgrade and equally unfavorable 50-seaters. No one is saying you can't have an opinion but all opinions should be put in context. You find any forum to spout hate against TSA for a very misguided reason. I'm just making sure everyone knows that your hate is because you were fired during a pilot shortage. Fired.

My hate is for what happened there before I was fired. You're the one that takes it out of context, trying to pass it like I was fired because I can't hold a job or am in an incompetent pilot. The only mistake I made there was not quitting earlier. I'm not the only pilot that's visited another city on an overnight, a decision I probably would not have made if I weren't fed up with their b.s.

ArcherDvr
05-12-2015, 07:51 PM
All I'm saying is..........I would pick Air Whiskey.

CBreezy
05-12-2015, 07:52 PM

Your obsession with TSA is perplexing (big word, sorry). One could infer that it is laced in jealousy. How's that great contract I keep hearing about?

ArcherDvr
05-12-2015, 07:57 PM

"I'm sorry officer CBreezy. I didn't realize this was a TSA only zone."

"Well, Sir, maybe we can work something out."

TheGoldenJet
05-12-2015, 08:19 PM
Your obsession with TSA is perplexing (big word, sorry). One could infer that it is laced in jealousy. How's that great contract I keep hearing about?

Bro your pathetic. You think I give one rats ass about the regional airline I work for. I'm not a cheerleader like you homeboy. I feel sorry for you actually. Maybe one day you'll grow up and look back and realize how much of a fool you sound like. Go do your old lady or something. Stay off these forums for a day. I bet you can't do it.

Nevets
05-12-2015, 08:27 PM
AWAC has an industry leading pilot contract. TSA has an average pilot contract.

Riverside
05-13-2015, 03:05 AM
AWAC has an industry leading pilot contract. TSA has an average pilot contract.

Above average

Hou757
05-13-2015, 04:05 AM
Avoid Transtates. Do your research. AirWis much better place to be.

CBreezy
05-13-2015, 04:26 AM
Avoid Transtates. Do your research. AirWis much better place to be.

I would also avoid Transtates as well. Now Trans States, that's not so bad.

Air Wisconsin is a great company with a great contract. It'll be 5 years before you can upgrade though. TSA is a good airline to fly for and your upgrade will be less than 2 years even if you get hired now. It isn't as bad as the Expressjet pouters say. Definitely don't listen to anything someone who went to GoJet has to say. You wouldn't listen to a screaming hobo standing next to a burning dumpster fire would you?

Riverside
05-13-2015, 04:49 AM
Bro your pathetic. You think I give one rats ass about the regional airline I work for. I'm not a cheerleader like you homeboy. I feel sorry for you actually. Maybe one day you'll grow up and look back and realize how much of a fool you sound like. Go do your old lady or something. Stay off these forums for a day. I bet you can't do it.

Isn't there a gojet forum you should be on? Oh wait it never makes it past the first page.

TheGoldenJet
05-13-2015, 05:16 AM
Isn't there a gojet forum you should be on? Oh wait it never makes it past the first page.

That's fine with me. No news is good news.

ArcherDvr
05-13-2015, 05:21 AM
Ah good morning forum. I thought about it some more. Hands down, Air Whiskey.

wags3539
05-13-2015, 05:25 AM
I would also avoid Transtates as well. Now Trans States, that's not so bad.

Air Wisconsin is a great company with a great contract. It'll be 5 years before you can upgrade though. TSA is a good airline to fly for and your upgrade will be less than 2 years even if you get hired now. It isn't as bad as the Expressjet pouters say. Definitely don't listen to anything someone who went to GoJet has to say. You wouldn't listen to a screaming hobo standing next to a burning dumpster fire would you?

It's not a five year upgrade at AWAC anymore. Last I checked it was down to around 4 years and decreasing. Whether of not the parking of planes will have a significant affect on that is yet to be determined. I'd be surprised if they don't scrounge up replacement planes from somewhere as the flying for AA still needs to be done.

FlyingKat
05-13-2015, 05:49 AM

Of course he can't. Only people who are stupid, can't read, and fail to understand math end up at Gojezzz.

CBreezy
05-13-2015, 05:55 AM
It's not a five year upgrade at AWAC anymore. Last I checked it was down to around 4 years and decreasing. Whether of not the parking of planes will have a significant affect on that is yet to be determined. I'd be surprised if they don't scrounge up replacement planes from somewhere as the flying for AA still needs to be done.

Fair enough. APC has it at around 5.

TheGoldenJet
05-13-2015, 06:00 AM
Of course he can't. Only people who are stupid, can't read, and fail to understand math end up at Gojezzz.

Hahaha and you went to TSA when they were the ******* of the industry before they got a new contract. Obviously you can't read either homie. Btw you can't spell. You forgot the "t" in Gojezzz.

CBreezy
05-13-2015, 06:10 AM
Hahaha and you went to TSA when they were the ******* of the industry before they got a new contract. Obviously you can't read either homie. Btw you can't spell. You forgot the "t" in Gojezzz.

Calling someone out for spelling a fake word wrong? Hey pot, that doesn't mean a whole lot coming from someone who can't spell real words right consistently.

Riverside
05-13-2015, 06:21 AM
That's fine with me. No news is good news.

And yet TSA has all the good news. What does gojet have...nothing

Nevets
05-13-2015, 06:30 AM
Above average

Yes, AWAC's pilot contract is above average.

TheGoldenJet
05-13-2015, 06:39 AM
Calling someone out for spelling a fake word wrong? Hey pot, that doesn't mean a whole lot coming from someone who can't spell real words right consistently.

Ok grammar Nazi I'm sorry. Listen buckwheat this is a forum. I'm not writing a research paper. For someone who brags so much about his schedule and time off it kinda seems like you have no life judging by your post count. Go fly a kite, take a walk, do your old lady. Do something bro for the love of God.

TheGoldenJet
05-13-2015, 06:41 AM
And yet TSA has all the good news. What does gojet have...nothing

Perfectly fine with me. I'm crediting my 95 hours a month and still have a job. That's all I care about. You guys think I'm a cheerleader for my regional airline like you buckwheats. If this place went under tomorrow it would be doing me a favor. I just hope it takes TSA and Compass down with it.

nuball5
05-13-2015, 06:42 AM
Awac's upgrade time will never sink below 4 years if a long-term contract isn't announced. It'll hover around the 4-4.5 mark for the next couple years IMO. Now way can anyone say the upgrade time is decreasing.

CBreezy
05-13-2015, 06:50 AM
Ok grammar Nazi I'm sorry. Listen buckwheat this is a forum. I'm not writing a research paper. For someone who brags so much about his schedule and time off it kinda seems like you have no life judging by your post count. Go fly a kite, take a walk, do your old lady. Do something bro for the love of God.

You can't call someone out for their spelling and when someone does the same to you, be like "ahh bro grammar is for nerds." You're a walking contradiction.

wags3539
05-13-2015, 06:53 AM
Awac's upgrade time will never sink below 4 years if a long-term contract isn't announced. It'll hover around the 4-4.5 mark for the next couple years IMO. Now way can anyone say the upgrade time is decreasing.

Like I said, it's yet to be determined what affect this will have on upgrades. I'm basing this information on what was happening leading up to the announcement of the extension, and the upgrade time was decreasing.

LostInPA
05-13-2015, 07:02 AM
I just hope it takes TSA and Compass down with it.

Your well wishes toward us are duly noted. Typically, it's considered bad karma to wish job losses onto others.

And my apologies, this whole time I have been writing the name of your company as 'GoJetsss'. I will hereby switch the trailing letter 's' to the letter 'z' going forward.

nuball5
05-13-2015, 07:08 AM
Like I said, it's yet to be determined what affect this will have on upgrades. I'm basing this information on what was happening leading up to the announcement of the extension, and the upgrade time was decreasing.

What do you mean? They just delayed an upgrade class by two months or longer. I think we're seeing the affect as we speak.

TheGoldenJet
05-13-2015, 07:29 AM
Your well wishes toward us are duly noted. Typically, it's considered bad karma to wish job losses onto others.

And my apologies, this whole time I have been writing the name of your company as 'GoJetsss'. I will hereby switch the trailing letter 's' to the letter 'z' going forward.

Bro wake up. You really are Lost in PA aren't you. Maybe if every regional went under mainline would finally wake up. Regional jobs are a dime a dozen.

CBreezy
05-13-2015, 07:35 AM
Bro wake up. You really are Lost in PA aren't you.

TSSS Home run C.S! That was a good one!

FODhopper
05-13-2015, 08:24 AM
Fair enough. APC has it at around 5.

I'm going to updgrade at 3.5 years...plus minus a month or two.

wags3539
05-13-2015, 09:02 AM
What do you mean? They just delayed an upgrade class by two months or longer. I think we're seeing the affect as we speak.

They delayed half the class, and one upgrade class being delayed is hardly an indicator of long term stagnation at AWAC. Let's not forget this was for 24 captains, easily the biggest upgrade vacancy I've seen in almost 8 years. This means they're still upgrading 12 as scheduled, and then I'm sure the other 12 will follow close behind. These upgrades are based on attrition forecasts, if attrition slows down, they make adjustments. One adjustment isn't something to be concerned with.

FlyingKat
05-13-2015, 09:11 AM

Wrong again as usual. I loft the t out on purpose but then that is over your head.

TheGoldenJet
05-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Wrong again as usual. I loft the t out on purpose but then that is over your head.

You "loft" out the t? You speaking TSA again bro? Sounds like you need help.

Riverside
05-13-2015, 11:47 AM

Surprised you even know how to read. I'm glad Gojet hired you.

TheGoldenJet
05-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Surprised you even know how to read. I'm glad Gojet hired you.

Me too bro. Added a 4th type rating to my license :)

FODhopper
05-13-2015, 01:04 PM
They delayed half the class, and one upgrade class being delayed is hardly an indicator of long term stagnation at AWAC. Let's not forget this was for 24 captains, easily the biggest upgrade vacancy I've seen in almost 8 years. This means they're still upgrading 12 as scheduled, and then I'm sure the other 12 will follow close behind. These upgrades are based on attrition forecasts, if attrition slows down, they make adjustments. One adjustment isn't something to be concerned with.

I interact with the training department enough to know that the forecasts change month to month...it is better to look at trends rather than one change in a data point. I also heard that lots of people have interviewed lately at mainlines and if class dates are handed out as a result, that will change the forecast again.

FlyingKat
05-13-2015, 01:17 PM

Autofill strikes again...

pitchtrim
05-13-2015, 01:45 PM
Things change all the time. When I was interviewing at awac they told me I'd sit reserve a year. I sat reserve 2 weeks. Then I was seeing 6-7 year upgrades and upgraded at 4. You can bet on the quick upgrades when picking a company and it work out, or go where you know is the better company overall and see how that pans out.

Realtalk
05-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Me too bro. Added a 4th type rating to my license :)

4 type ratings and all you could muster was gojet? Eyycarumba

TheGoldenJet
05-13-2015, 04:55 PM
4 type ratings and all you could muster was gojet? Eyycarumba

Back then I was fresh out of a job...It was a Thursday and I was offered a class on Monday so I took it. I knew GoJet's history but I could careless. My first 121 job. I've flown Gulfstreams all over the world but even having that type and applying at open corporate jobs it seemed harder to get hired at one of those than at Delta. I needed to put food on the table and to stay current and they filled that void. I really can careless what the 1% of airline pilots on this stupid forum have to say. You guys don't pay my bills. I'm not staying at GoJet. In fact I'm due for upgrade at the end of the year but I won't even be around when that happens. PIC time is a dime a dozen now. It's not what it's used to be. But good luck to all of you desperate in chasing it.

DLAJ77
05-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Back then I was fresh out of a job...It was a Thursday and I was offered a class on Monday so I took it. I knew GoJet's history but I could careless. My first 121 job. I've flown Gulfstreams all over the world but even having that type and applying at open corporate jobs it seemed harder to get hired at one of those than at Delta. I needed to put food on the table and to stay current and they filled that void. I really can careless what the 1% of airline pilots on this stupid forum have to say. You guys don't pay my bills. I'm not staying at GoJet. In fact I'm due for upgrade at the end of the year but I won't even be around when that happens. PIC time is a dime a dozen now. It's not what it's used to be. But good luck to all of you desperate in chasing it.

Holy hell.. You got issues

knobcrk
05-13-2015, 09:09 PM

That's why nobody likes Gojets. Filled with weirdos who have no loyalty. How about trying to make your sweatshop a little better before you leave instead of leeching off of it for currency?

Realtalk
05-13-2015, 09:47 PM

Bro you fell into my trap man. G 5 and you still got to be g7 ? Everybody needs to get paid, but the only food you be getting is top of the ramen. The fact that you're counting on a future upgrade, and wishing/ hoping that something great happens without pic time means you have none. Seems like youre the one chasing it man. Best of luck brother. Let's get back to bashing on tsa/Awac

JAAB9TEEN
05-13-2015, 10:32 PM

The Scab of the Industry. "I don't care about anyone but me"

Future Cpt Kirk
05-14-2015, 04:41 AM
To the guys who have turned this thread into a back and forth argument about nothing... Create your own thread and take your beef there. It was mildly amusing at first, but now its page after page of guys shouting at each other. Thank you to those who have posted constructive information.

CBreezy
05-14-2015, 04:57 AM
To the guys who have turned this thread into a back and forth argument about nothing... Create your own thread and take your beef there. It was mildly amusing at first, but now its page after page of guys shouting at each other. Thank you to those who have posted constructive information.

Every APC thread is an argument about nothing. If there is an argument about something, it's nothing anyone can do anything about.

TheGoldenJet
05-14-2015, 05:07 AM
That's why nobody likes Gojets. Filled with weirdos who have no loyalty. How about trying to make your sweatshop a little better before you leave instead of leeching off of it for currency?

Make my sweatshop a little better? I've been here a year now so I'm not leaching off of it for currency. I come to work and do my job just as good as anyone else. I'm not just a seat fill. I never in my wildest dreams planned on ever having to come to this ********* regional world. Mainly because of the amount of tools and idiots primarily the ones on these forums who give regional guys a bad name. We all get paid crap there is no doubt about it and we all deserve much more. But that doesn't mean I need to continue to ***** myself out. I have TPIC but it's not 121 so idk how that fairs with what the majors want. Everyone is different I'm not knocking any of you for staying for PIC time. I'm just saying I've had my applications out and some other 121 carriers have called me. They aren't Delta or United or JetBlue but they do pay alot better and I'd rather sit there and make money and wait for a better airline job than sit at a crappy regional airline and wait.....and yup I have issues my wife tells me that all the time.

CBreezy
05-14-2015, 05:10 AM
Make my sweatshop a little better? I've been here a year now so I'm not leaching off of it for currency. I come to work and do my job just as good as anyone else. I'm not just a seat fill. I never in my wildest dreams planned on ever having to come to this ********* regional world. Mainly because of the amount of tools and idiots primarily the ones on these forums who give regional guys a bad name. We all get paid crap there is no doubt about it and we all deserve much more. But that doesn't mean I need to continue to ***** myself out. I have TPIC but it's not 121 so idk how that fairs with what the majors want. Everyone is different I'm not knocking any of you for staying for PIC time. I'm just saying I've had my applications out and some other 121 carriers have called me. They aren't Delta or United or JetBlue but they do pay alot better and I'd rather sit there and make money and wait for a better airline job than sit at a crappy regional airline and wait.....and yup I have issues my wife tells me that all the time.

So Allegiant called?

Coneydog
05-14-2015, 05:11 AM

You do realize this is APC right? Pilots bickering on every thread. Thats generally why I come on here...just for amusement...lol. Anyway, if you're still having trouble deciding, just go to Trans States. AWAC is a great company with the best contract, but their future is tenuous and upgrades are at least 4 years. Captains there can easily make 100k with all their soft pay, and consequently a lot of them are comfortable there. Trans States has an above average contract, which will improve this year. Three more aircraft are arriving every month for the next year. You'll upgrade in 2 years or less, and you live next to a base that you'll get right out of training. Get a class date and seniority number asap. End of discussion...end of thread.

TheGoldenJet
05-14-2015, 05:18 AM
So Allegiant called?

Haha no man yea right. Atlas Air. I'm sure you and most people on this forum have their app in there as well.

FlyingKat
05-14-2015, 10:54 AM

Says it all. Typical Blowjet douchebag.....

CBreezy
05-14-2015, 10:57 AM
Says it all. Typical Blowjet douchebag.....

That sentence he said makes zero sense. "I know their history but could careless." So, he's reckless? Even if he meant "care less," if he could care less it means that he does care about the GJ history. In one sentence he managed to significantly screw up twice. Well done sir. A real intelligent one.

FlyingKat
05-14-2015, 10:58 AM

Once again, says it all. Plenty of other places were hiring with better contracts, pay rates, and cancellation pay but you go to Gojetzz....bet you are one of the typical corporate Blowjet hires that didn't even bother to research what cancellation pay is, and how you are paid....

But then you do get to fly the CRJ Heavy for peanuts.....impressive...

TheGoldenJet
05-14-2015, 01:32 PM
Once again, says it all. Plenty of other places were hiring with better contracts, pay rates, and cancellation pay but you go to Gojetzz....bet you are one of the typical corporate Blowjet hires that didn't even bother to research what cancellation pay is, and how you are paid....

But then you do get to fly the CRJ Heavy for peanuts.....impressive...

Rather fly that with no cancellation pay then be caught dead in that piece of **** sorry excuse for an airplane you guys fly. The regional world will be so much better off when their gone. Just seeing all the passenger's faces when they have to fly on one is just priceless. And you really I care what you TSA scumbags have to say. You all look like such a miserable bunch every time I walk by one in the terminal. Iron your uniform and tuck in your shirt you all look like slobs. That is all. Carry on now juniors.

CBreezy
05-14-2015, 01:38 PM
Rather fly that with no cancellation pay then be caught dead in that piece of **** sorry excuse for an airplane you guys fly. The regional world will be so much better off when their gone. Just seeing all the passenger's faces when they have to fly on one is just priceless. And you really I care what you TSA scumbags have to say. You all look like such a miserable bunch every time I walk by one in the terminal. Iron your uniform and tuck in your shirt you all look like slobs. That is all. Carry on now juniors.

SHINY JETS! SHINY JETS!

Also, college would've done you well. "when THEY'RE gone." "all the passengers' faces"

Pot calling the kettle black. Some of the sloppiest uniforms I've ever seen have been flying GoJet airplanes.

TheGoldenJet
05-14-2015, 01:46 PM
SHINY JETS! SHINY JETS!

Also, college would've done you well. "when THEY'RE gone." "all the passengers' faces"

Pot calling the kettle black. Some of the sloppiest uniforms I've ever seen have been flying GoJet airplanes.

First of all our jets aren't shiny in case you haven't noticed. Other than the -900 sitting on the hangar ramp which btw makes your little 145 look so cute next to.

Ok grammar Nazi here we go again. I'm not writing a research paper and I'm pretty sure I've done more years in school than you have.

Please lose the pot and kettle reference it's getting kinda old now. Ok carry on scumbag.

Riverside
05-14-2015, 01:56 PM
First of all our jets aren't shiny in case you haven't noticed. Other than the -900 sitting on the hangar ramp which btw makes your little 145 look so cute next to.

Ok grammar Nazi here we go again. I'm not writing a research paper and I'm pretty sure I've done more years in school than you have.

Please lose the pot and kettle reference it's getting kinda old now. Ok carry on scumbag.

Obviously you don't realize that when passengers get on a crj they make the same comment. So get off your high horse. And know what else is cute? We fly smaller planes and we still make more than you.

CBreezy
05-14-2015, 02:13 PM

You have a PhD? Or a master's from an ivy league? That's the only way you win

TheGoldenJet
05-14-2015, 02:22 PM
You have a PhD? Or a master's from an ivy league? That's the only way you win

From now on you can call me Doctor.

Anyways there are good people at TSA. I have a few close friends who fly there and know exactly who you and your buddies on here are. Now I know why they say you all are a real "joy" to fly with. I can imagine why.

Well back on this topic. Choose AWI whoever you are. Don't come work for a Hulas owned operation. We all are gonna merge in the future anyways and you don't want to be around when that happens.

FlyingKat
05-14-2015, 06:05 PM

Once again. Says it all. Gojetzz genius more worried about how it looks that what is really important....the pay. Could care less about what I fly. What I care about is the paycheck.

FlyingKat
05-14-2015, 06:09 PM
From now on you can call me Doctor.

Anyways there are good people at TSA. I have a few close friends who fly there and know exactly who you and your buddies on here are. Now I know why they say you all are a real "joy" to fly with. I can imagine why.

Ooooh...I'm so scared.

Well back on this topic. Choose AWI whoever you are. Don't come work for a Hulas owned operation. We all are gonna merge in the future anyways and you don't want to be around when that happens.

Will be in good shape if he goes to TSA or Compass.....But if he goes to Blowjetzzzz then its a staple for you!

Coneydog
05-14-2015, 06:34 PM

Honestly, most guys at Trans States are real cool to fly with. I can think of maybe a handful that I really don't care to be on a 4 day with...only 2 or 3 that require a 'sick' call (and one of those is St. Louis based). By the way, that's where you see the sloppy uniforms at (St. Louis)...lol

BitterOHFO
05-14-2015, 06:50 PM

I guess you couldn't handle it either! Must have been the language barrier! How do you go from flying gulfstreams to the regionals? BTW I have farted and wiped boogers on the seats of all of Gojets 700's! Ever ask why they have CA tail numbers! Your DO can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned ! He never did us any favors at OH!

TheGoldenJet
05-14-2015, 07:42 PM
I guess you couldn't handle it either! Must have been the language barrier! How do you go from flying gulfstreams to the regionals? BTW I have farted and wiped boogers on the seats of all of Gojets 700's! Ever ask why they have CA tail numbers! Your DO can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned ! He never did us any favors at OH!

Haha it was alright. I've been to places most of you guys dream of. I agree with you regarding our DO though!

TheGoldenJet
05-14-2015, 07:45 PM
Honestly, most guys at Trans States are real cool to fly with. I can think of maybe a handful that I really don't care to be on a 4 day with...only 2 or 3 that require a 'sick' call (and one of those is St. Louis based). By the way, that's where you see the sloppy uniforms at (St. Louis)...lol

Lol that's exactly where I see them!

Future Cpt Kirk
05-15-2015, 06:58 AM
You do realize this is APC right? Pilots bickering on every thread. Thats generally why I come on here...just for amusement...lol. Anyway, if you're still having trouble deciding, just go to Trans States. AWAC is a great company with the best contract, but their future is tenuous and upgrades are at least 4 years. Captains there can easily make 100k with all their soft pay, and consequently a lot of them are comfortable there. Trans States has an above average contract, which will improve this year. Three more aircraft are arriving every month for the next year. You'll upgrade in 2 years or less, and you live next to a base that you'll get right out of training. Get a class date and seniority number asap. End of discussion...end of thread.

Amen. I've done all the research I can and talked a lot of pilots at both companies... probably too many at this point. My decision is pretty much made. TSA. I'm grateful for the opportunity at AWAC, but I don't think it is the best fit for myself and family right now. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out along the way. I really do appreciate it. I can't wait to start. A few more months of the CFI grind (hopefully 2.5 or less). Looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefully I'll see some of you out there!

Mike

TheGoldenJet
05-15-2015, 07:02 AM
Amen. I've done all the research I can and talked a lot of pilots at both companies... probably too many at this point. My decision is pretty much made. TSA. I'm grateful for the opportunity at AWAC, but I don't think it is the best fit for myself and family right now. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out along the way. I really do appreciate it. I can't wait to start. A few more months of the CFI grind (hopefully 2.5 or less). Looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefully I'll see some of you out there!

Mike

That's what it's all about right there. Good luck man hope everything goes well for you!

Future Cpt Kirk
05-15-2015, 07:03 AM
That's what it's all about right there. Good luck man hope everything goes well for you!

Thanks man! I appreciate it!

GojetLover
05-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Go to gojet!!!!!! Its so kewl!

TBucket
05-15-2015, 05:55 PM
Go to gojet!!!!!! Its so kewl!
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/3f/3fb63bfc84157f8f251a0be666cb2602c0831358c73c7ef8e2 e8cbbc6717d2b3.jpg

JT8D
05-15-2015, 09:45 PM

It would be a SHAME for posts such as this to end up in the hands of an Atlas recruiter. Like most companies, they can easily find better applicants than little snotty nosed pricks such as yourself.

TheGoldenJet
05-16-2015, 05:05 AM
It would be a SHAME for posts such as this to end up in the hands of an Atlas recruiter. Like most companies, they can easily find better applicants than little snotty nosed pricks such as yourself.

JT8's are a thing of the past bro. Just like you old man. Go dig your garden.

Fetzervalve
05-16-2015, 05:39 AM
How about we get back to the topic at hand? Nice thread drift... This isn't Flightinfo.

cruiseclimb
05-16-2015, 05:57 AM
Go Trans States.. They are opening a base in RDU as well.. Fast upgrade and seniority. You shouldn't be around long enough for most other factors to have a long term effect. There were 3-4 guys from other airlines in our hiring class. 50 seat market will always be there.. when it goes away, something will take it's place and TSH will be around to receive a different aircraft if it does.. They have lots of large aircraft on order to be delivered in the next 5 years.

CBreezy
05-16-2015, 05:59 AM
Go Trans States.. They are opening a base in RDU as well.. Fast upgrade and seniority. You shouldn't be around long enough for most other factors to have a long term effect. There were 3-4 guys from other airlines in our hiring class. 50 seat market will always be there.. when it goes away, something will take it's place and TSH will be around to receive a different aircraft if it does.. They have lots of large aircraft on order to be delivered in the next 5 years.

RDU is not confirmed. It is a rumor.

nuball5
05-16-2015, 06:55 AM
Rumor I've been hearing a few times now at AWAC is parking 11 airplanes, which is a significant amount for a 71 airplane company.

IlliniPilot99
05-16-2015, 07:04 AM
:DRDU is not confirmed. It is a rumor.

According to several higher up sources, RDU is confirmed...it will open as more planes come in to service. Expect a late summer/fall opening.