Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Copa Airlines

av8n
05-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Long time 135/91 pilot and don't keep up with any airlines. So what do y'all know about Copa, they're hiring and I thought I might upgrade somewhat soon because of my experience after I got some 121 time and time with the company.

Thanks

NYGiantsFan
05-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Long time 135/91 pilot and don't keep up with any airlines. So what do y'all know about Copa, they're hiring and I thought I might upgrade somewhat soon because of my experience after I got some 121 time and time with the company.

Thanks

if you are a single guy and want to move to panama it might be a good move. The schedules arent great, you pretty much have to do whatever they say, no control over your own schedule or days off, they dont really honor senority down there. Pay isnt that great either. I recommend doing it for a few years to get some experience and then come back to the US because the hiring will only pickup here in the US in the coming years. So, again if your single, like panama, like the latin ladies then give it a try for a few years... just what i have heard from people i know there. If anyone else has anything else to add to that please chime in

badflaps
05-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Cost of living in Panama city has basically doubled in the last ten years. Very expensive housing, other than that, single guys paradise.

av8n
05-14-2015, 08:24 AM
Forget it, I own a house and a wife.

knobcrk
05-14-2015, 08:30 AM
I've been looking into owning a wife too.

AtlCSIP
05-14-2015, 09:18 PM
I've been looking into owning a wife too.

You would have to move. It's illegal in the States.

badflaps
05-15-2015, 04:23 AM
You would have to move. It's illegal in the States.

How about leasing?

Packrat
05-15-2015, 08:14 AM
Think you have that backwards...she owns you.

av8n
05-16-2015, 09:00 AM
Think you have that backwards...she owns you.:eek:

I was hoping some ppl would see the humor in my post. Ya your right she does.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1