Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Tom Swift
05-17-2015, 12:30 PM
Hi all, I'm looking to start training for a private pilot license somewhere in the Boston area this summer. The few places that seem reputable from a basic Google search are Horizon Aviation and East Coast Aero Club. Could anyone provide info on these or suggest any others? Much thanks.

usmc-sgt
05-18-2015, 04:12 AM
Also Executive Flyers at KBED and KLWM. They are expensive but if that isn't a huge concern their fleet is 100% top notch and its a well run operation with good instructors.

SMACFUM
05-19-2015, 10:03 PM
+1 for Executive Flyers at BED or LWM. Top notch instructors, and management. Yes, they can be a bit more expensive, but you do get what you pay for.

Stay away from Horizon, the person running that place is a real first class a-hole. I speak from experience.

I would say I'm somewhat indifferent to East Coast Aero Club. I know some people there, and it's not a bad place, good management. The big drawback to there is that it's not a 141 accredited school, and the vast majority of the CFIs there only work on a part time basis.

usmc-sgt
05-20-2015, 04:20 AM
If the extra money wasn't a big deciding factor, id choose EFA. I taught there for a while and it really was top notch. I don't know much about East Coast but haven't heard anything bad either. EFA is a first class operation all the way around....but it is expensive.

Me personally...id find a school that fit my budget and an instructor I liked and go with that. The extra money for a 1 year old 172SP just isn't in the budget.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1