Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ICAO to FAA

pilotr
05-27-2015, 02:09 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to help my ICAO licensed FO obtain his FAA ATP and I haven't seen this exact scenario. We'd appreciate your assistance.

He flies commercially with an ICAO certificate as an FO on a Global Express.

He passed the FAA ATP written last year before the new deadline. Otherwise he has no FAA Certs

He is scheduled for recurrent on the Global Express at CAE Dubai this Fall and CAE Dubai has FAA Designated Examiners available

Is it possible and what steps must he take,so that he can go to recurrent, take more training and then take an FAA Type ride on the Global so he walks out with a FAA ATP with a Global Type?

Must he go to the US and get Validated/Verified first?

Thank you

Twin Wasp
05-27-2015, 02:26 AM
Has he asked CAE? He's not the first person to do this. They'll have to make sure their DE does the ride. Plus there has to a record of ground and flight training and a signoff by a CFI. He can' thrust jump in the seat for the checkride. He'll have to have his CAA verify his license to the FAA but that's a paper shuffle. And there's TSA to deal with.

galaxy flyer
05-27-2015, 04:44 AM
There is no "ICAO" cert, just one issued by a signatory country. The country of issuance will play a role in the FAA issuing him a license.

GF

kingsnake2
05-27-2015, 05:41 AM
He will almost certainly need to get his license validated which can be done here. It takes a while so he'll want to get on it immediately:

Airmen Certification ? Verify the Authenticity of a Foreign License, Rating, or Medical Certification (http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/foreign_license_verification/)

http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Form/AC_Form_8060-71.pdf

pilotr
05-29-2015, 07:57 PM
Thank you all. I have passed all these messages to him. Part of the problem is the conflicting info between CAE and the FAA.....