Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Skywest Junior bases

Smoothf1
06-07-2015, 02:04 AM
Hello Forum,

First time poster! Be kind. I'm giving a hard look at interviewing for Skywest and would like some recent information concerning the junior bases. Months ago people were saying ORD and MSP, is this still true? If I get one of those bases, how soon do you think I'd be able to bid for a base closer to the West Coast? LAX, SFO, SEA. More specifically I'm looking for the easiest commute from HNL. Why I'm living in HNL? Long story.

In addition, any gouge on which junior bases have the least amount of reserve lines?

BeatNavy
06-07-2015, 02:26 AM
Hello Forum,

First time poster! Be kind. I'm giving a hard look at interviewing for Skywest and would like some recent information concerning the junior bases. Months ago people were saying ORD and MSP, is this still true? If I get one of those bases, how soon do you think I'd be able to bid for a base closer to the West Coast? LAX, SFO, SEA. More specifically I'm looking for the easiest commute from HNL. Why I'm living in HNL? Long story.

In addition, any gouge on which junior bases have the least amount of reserve lines?
C5 guy? Shouldn't you be be asking questions here Major - Airline Pilot Central Forums (http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/major/) ? What about Hawaiian or island air or even moku? That's gotta be an awful commute.

TheFly
06-07-2015, 03:50 AM
Hello Forum,

Welcome. SkyWest's junior bases are still ORD and MSP. The most junior FO in SFO was hired in Feb 2015.

Whatmeworry
06-07-2015, 04:51 AM
How long before getting iah?

IFLYPLANEZBRO
06-07-2015, 05:39 AM

2-6 months from the day you start class. Depending on your training schedule you could have it right out of training.

zondaracer
06-07-2015, 07:12 AM
CRJ junior bases: MSP, ORD, COS, FAT, DEN, IAH, SFO, PSP in that order. Houston is about 4 months to get. Some guys are getting DEN straight out of training.
EJet junior bases: ORD, SEA, SFO, PDX, DEN (opens in a few months). It might take about 4-6 months to get SEA.

AZFlyer
06-07-2015, 07:19 AM
How long for PHX, TUS, LAX?

Smoothf1
06-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Thanks everyone for the info, esp Zondaracer.

Yeah I'm a C-5 guy, but 9 years out of the cockpit due to staff work...still in the Guard. Just got my ATP the other month and have been advised to go JET, go GLASS, and go 121. My goal is to get to the Major's asap (like everyone's goal). The commuter options in Hawaii are non-existent for jet/glass. Tried to get Trans Air 737s w/ no luck. Island Air is laying off people and Hawaiian isn't hiring.

Besides, the regional jet/reserve experience will make for a "character building" experience. :cool:

zondaracer
06-07-2015, 10:41 AM
You might want to look at Compass as well. They have junior LAX and SEA bases, MSP is senior.

BeatNavy
06-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Yeah if you are looking for west coast I would hit up compass over SKW right now, especially with a probably short stint in the regional world. Both would probably be good but LAX is the junior base for compass I believe.

Snuffaluffagus
06-07-2015, 11:44 AM
Yeah if you are looking for west coast I would hit up compass over SKW right now, especially with a probably short stint in the regional world. Both would probably be good but LAX is the junior base for compass I believe.

New hires in training are holding both LAX and SEA at compass

Smoothf1
06-07-2015, 11:55 AM
I briefly looked at Compass, but I'm concerned that their relationship with Delta would hold me back from a quick interview with Delta. Delta is currently the #1 Major that I'd want to work for. I'll have to do more digging to see if that's a perceived or real issue.

saturn
06-07-2015, 12:47 PM
I briefly looked at Compass, but I'm concerned that their relationship with Delta would hold me back from a quick interview with Delta. Delta is currently the #1 Major that I'd want to work for. I'll have to do more digging to see if that's a perceived or real issue.

Perceived. In fact, that makes absolutely no sense. What is your thought process behind that skepticism? Skywest flies more aircraft for DL than Compass, so if you're thinking they don't want to take pilots from DL connection providers than SKW and CPZ are no different. If you're referring to the flow through, that's over and was a Northwest Airline pre 2010 thing and ended for new hires 5 years ago. Compass is not owned by DL. And Delta doesn't care what airline you build experience at. It would be very foolish make a move thinking that this matters. Guys are now and will in the future be hired off the street by DL.

Smoothf1
06-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Perceived. In fact, that makes absolutely no sense. What is your thought process behind that skepticism? Skywest flies more aircraft for DL than Compass, so if you're thinking they don't want to take pilots from DL connection providers than SKW and CPZ are no different. If you're referring to the flow through, that's over and was a Northwest Airline pre 2010 thing and ended for new hires 5 years ago. Compass is not owned by DL. And Delta doesn't care what airline you build experience at. It would be very foolish make a move thinking that this matters. Guys are now and will in the future be hired off the street by DL.
Saturn, thanks for the clarification, it's exactly what I'm hoping to hear.

I'm pretty new to this industry and was concerned that Compass would still have folks in the Delta pipeline from that 2010 cutoff. That being said, I wasn't sure if Delta had any agreements with Compass to favor people in that pipeline vs the non-pipeline folks. For me, being prior military, thankfully it's mostly a recency of experience issue that I must fix. I'm trying to minimize any self-imposed disadvantages. Thanks again for the reply.

BeatNavy
06-07-2015, 01:35 PM
One issue with CPZ for someone like you to consider is the $12k training contract. I don't keep up with who has one and who doesn't (I do know CPZ and Mesa have one). Prorated each month, realistically after you get the necessary recency and go through the interview process and get a class date and all that, it will be negligible, and it will be dwarfed by the pay increase at DAL, so I personally wouldn't care much about it, but something else to think about nonetheless.

BeatNavy
06-07-2015, 02:06 PM
I was. Helo only though. Trying to get back in mil part time (ANG). Doing my time in the regionals like everyone else. I went to Mesa though because my family lives in Phoenix and I'm not uprooting them.

I'd at least apply to CPZ and have another option. See what their recruiters have to say at least.

doug_or
06-07-2015, 02:25 PM
I can't speak for Compass, but I wouldn't expect to be sitting around on reserve at SkyWest. If you're available, they'll be using you.

TheFly
06-07-2015, 05:39 PM
I was. Helo only though. Trying to get back in mil part time (ANG). Doing my time in the regionals like everyone else. I went to Mesa though because my family lives in Phoenix and I'm not uprooting them.

I'd at least apply to CPZ and have another option. See what their recruiters have to say at least.

So did you make it to PHX?

BeatNavy
06-07-2015, 08:26 PM
So did you make it to PHX?

Yeah after 1.5 months out of IOE. Got a line my 3rd month here. I got lucky.

disillusioned
06-07-2015, 09:09 PM
I can't speak for Compass, but I wouldn't expect to be sitting around on reserve at SkyWest. If you're available, they'll be using you.

If you go to SW I wouldn't expect to be sitting reserve either, but only because we don't have any reserves. The other day we had 1 reserve FO available system wide. Rumor is we have about 230 or so people waiting for IOE. Not sure if that is CA and FO. Sounds like we have lost a bunch of our LCA's to the majors. But we don't need more people, we just need to reflow the ones that are still here.

durrrr
06-08-2015, 07:45 AM
If you go to SW I wouldn't expect to be sitting reserve either, but only because we don't have any reserves. The other day we had 1 reserve FO available system wide. Rumor is we have about 230 or so people waiting for IOE. Not sure if that is CA and FO. Sounds like we have lost a bunch of our LCA's to the majors. But we don't need more people, we just need to reflow the ones that are still here.

What do you mean by them not needing people and only needing to reflow, because skywest is hiring for so many classes.

Why would they be hiring so many people if they do not need them?

disillusioned
06-08-2015, 08:11 AM
What do you mean by them not needing people and only needing to reflow?

The company has decided that instead of working with the pilot group on an acceptable reflow program for IROPS, that they will just hire a team of people that will make us contact SS to see what our new trip will be. If we had a compliment of reserve pilots that could be used, then our line pilots would be able to continue flying the trips their seniority allowed them to be awarded.

They are "trying" to hire. The only problem is that we are losing 40+ pilots per month, losing an average of 10 new hires each month before they complete training and have hundreds of pilots waiting around for IOE because LCA's are apparently desired by major airlines and keep hiring ours.

Disheartening to listen to the call today and hear about how little the company cares about its workforce. Reneging on promises of reserve proffering, keeping pilots on duty for 20 hours since deadheads don't count, not wanting to work with us on solutions. It's official, there is no longer any company culture here that used to make SW what it once was. JMO.

durrrr
06-08-2015, 08:35 AM
The company has decided that instead of working with the pilot group on an acceptable reflow program for IROPS, that they will just hire a team of people that will make us contact SS to see what our new trip will be. If we had a compliment of reserve pilots that could be used, then our line pilots would be able to continue flying the trips their seniority allowed them to be awarded.

They are "trying" to hire. The only problem is that we are losing 40+ pilots per month, losing an average of 10 new hires each month before they complete training and have hundreds of pilots waiting around for IOE because LCA's are apparently desired by major airlines and keep hiring ours.

Disheartening to listen to the call today and hear about how little the company cares about its workforce. Reneging on promises of reserve proffering, keeping pilots on duty for 20 hours since deadheads don't count, not wanting to work with us on solutions. It's official, there is no longer any company culture here that used to make SW what it once was. JMO.

Wow that is very disheartening to hear. Thanks for the detailed response back.

NVUS
06-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Its so bad the company isn't even offering double time yet http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

ClickClickBoom
06-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Its so bad the company isn't even offering double time yet http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Psssst.....they won't get me to do anything extra for less than triple time or 3 times daily guarantee. So for me, a stand up is possible starting at 13ish credit. SGU summer is gonna look like a hot and sweaty yoga class.

ClickClickBoom
06-08-2015, 09:50 AM

Nailed it!!!!!

disillusioned
06-08-2015, 11:43 AM

Want me to let you in on a little secret?? The reason we haven't had to offer double time is because
Awarding 98 Hour lines - Lots of time can be awarded when you have a minimum of 90 hours and only 10 - 11 days off. Since we have no transparency with PBS, we can just get our schedules loaded to the max with no recourse.
CA waiting for IOE can pick up FO Open time - So all of you that have your month crammed with flying, since there are no reserves you can't post or trade with another crew member. But new CA's that are waiting for IOE can pick up all the time and a half trips in open time and get paid CA wages to fly as an FO. They can't pick up any crew posted pairings, because that would be a QOL improvement and we would have to give up something to the company to get any of those.

NVUS - I like you. I think you have a good perspective from the company side that some of us on the line may miss. But you and I had a conversation about 4 months ago where you said the company decided that they need to have more reserves. I'm still waiting for that day to come. In the meantime I get to hear about how MT and TG have decided to go back on promises that were made to this pilot group and how they feel it is okay to fly reserves over 18 hours. I know SS feels that reserves are not real people and don't deserve an ounce of respect. I was just surprised to hear that our Execs feel the same way.

AZFlyer
06-08-2015, 12:27 PM
How long for PHX, TUS, LAX?
Anyone have info on this?

Flightsoffusion
06-08-2015, 01:32 PM
One issue with CPZ for someone like you to consider is the $12k training contract. I don't keep up with who has one and who doesn't (I do know CPZ and Mesa have one). Prorated each month, realistically after you get the necessary recency and go through the interview process and get a class date and all that, it will be negligible, and it will be dwarfed by the pay increase at DAL, so I personally wouldn't care much about it, but something else to think about nonetheless.

What is SKW's training contract? Thanks.

MarcS08
06-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Has there been a vacancy bid/award for the Portland and Seattle bases on the 175 yet? DOH of the most junior in each?

zondaracer
06-08-2015, 03:28 PM
What is SKW's training contract? Thanks.

No training contract

TheStranger
09-13-2015, 01:16 PM
It was asked a few times but not answered; how long to hold LAX?

Electra
09-13-2015, 03:01 PM

The junior pilot in LAX was hired the last week of January this year. There are 119 FO's currently based in LAX, and 86 FO's who currently have a bid in for LAX (not all as a first choice). I would guess it could be awhile before a new hire finds their way to a base in LAX.

Is offline
09-13-2015, 06:09 PM

My magic 8 ball says 1 year 1 month 2 weeks 3 days 8 hours and 17 minutes.

Alex14
09-13-2015, 07:53 PM
Unless something changes, there is no plan for any new vacancies in LA for the rest of the year. With that said, there have been rumors of growth in LA in the beginning of next year. However, until it's announced, it's all speculation.
We'll just have to wait and see I guess. :rolleyes:

Whatmeworry
09-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Is it really that bad at Skywest?

Turbosina
09-13-2015, 08:25 PM

I'm a CRJ FO and it was impossible to drop trips in the summer; it's still impossible now, even with the fall reduction in hours. All of us lineholders are being assigned 90+ credit hours every month, meaning only 11 days off per month. While you can post and trade trips, hardly anyone can pick them up since everyone is maxed out and wouldn't be legal to pick up the trip. I had 4 guys try to pick up a 2-day I posted and none of them could legally do it.

We do have reserves again, but that's kinda irrelevant since the company still won't let lineholders drop trips. Not even a single turn!

The situation may be different for CAs but right now, systemwide, life as an FO is harsh. That said, the planes usually aren't broken and they abandoned the plan to hire reflow people to chase you down in the terminal and reflow you. (For now...)

Electra
09-13-2015, 08:28 PM

Not exactly sure what you mean. If by bad you mean one of the lowest attrition rates out of all regionals while the number of pilots on property is at an all-time high, then yeah, it's awful. Could things be better, you betcha. SGU hasn't yet figured out that we don't all love 4-day trips and blames mainline for our horrible inefficient schedules. But if my domicile choices were JFK, PHL, or DFW, I'd quit in a heartbeat. SkyWest is still largely great people and great experience and if you want to find a long-term home here you can, and if you want to move on there's no reason why you can't learn something here in the process.

disillusioned
09-13-2015, 09:31 PM

Is what really that bad? Getting awarded 90+ hour lines while the trips you bid for go junior? Yep been happening for years and nobody is taking about doing anything to fix it. Not being able to drop any trips or parts of your trips? Yep been going on for over a year now. You could have a crappy trip awarded, really nice trip in open time, But denied because lack of crew coverage. Doesn't matter that both days are below min reserves. Doesn't matter that it would help you make a kids ball game or family dinner. Don't worry about the fact that the FA's have 30% reserve coverage and can modify their schedule all month long. Just pretend it's the old credit card commercials with David Spade. "NOPE!!" We have some starry eyed new Sapa reps that actually think they can make a difference but there is a reason that we only have 10% participation for our SAPA VP election. Because we all realize that the company gives SAPA no respect and just enough meeting time to keep us dragging along like we have some voice and representation. SGU gets feedback for months that pilots prefer shorter trips. And yet September had 83% trips that were 4 days in DEN. So either the mic isn't on, or they are wearing earplugs on the other side, because the message isn't getting heard down in Mecca. Hey St George!!! You're burning out your pilot group and ****ing off our families who still want to see us once in a awhile. The check that was just deposited doesn't helping after another summer helping SW fix their staffing problem since summer is the perfect time to run 0 reserves. Smh...

AZFlyn1
09-13-2015, 09:34 PM
Anyone have info on this?

I wouldn't count on LAX or PHX anytime soon until everything shakes out with the swaps. As for TUS, they aren't replacing anyone who has left in quite awhile.... Not sure what the plan is for that base

ClickClickBoom
09-13-2015, 10:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the info, esp Zondaracer.

Yeah I'm a C-5 guy, but 9 years out of the cockpit due to staff work...still in the Guard. Just got my ATP the other month and have been advised to go JET, go GLASS, and go 121. My goal is to get to the Major's asap (like everyone's goal). The commuter options in Hawaii are non-existent for jet/glass. Tried to get Trans Air 737s w/ no luck. Island Air is laying off people and Hawaiian isn't hiring.

Besides, the regional jet/reserve experience will make for a "character building" experience. :cool:

SKYW,
Get 121 box checked, you will be at DAL in less than a year. Very little character building at the regionals, it's just grinding it out one leg at a time. I wouldn't be surprised if you were hired at DAL or UAL or AA while still in training, it's happened.

ClickClickBoom
09-13-2015, 10:37 PM

Yup..........

IFLYPLANEZBRO
09-14-2015, 06:13 AM
Is what really that bad? Getting awarded 90+ hour lines while the trips you bid for go junior? Yep been happening for years and nobody is taking about doing anything to fix it. Not being able to drop any trips or parts of your trips? Yep been going on for over a year now. You could have a crappy trip awarded, really nice trip in open time, But denied because lack of crew coverage. Doesn't matter that both days are below min reserves. Doesn't matter that it would help you make a kids ball game or family dinner. Don't worry about the fact that the FA's have 30% reserve coverage and can modify their schedule all month long. Just pretend it's the old credit card commercials with David Spade. "NOPE!!" We have some starry eyed new Sapa reps that actually think they can make a difference but there is a reason that we only have 10% participation for our SAPA VP election. Because we all realize that the company gives SAPA no respect and just enough meeting time to keep us dragging along like we have some voice and representation. SGU gets feedback for months that pilots prefer shorter trips. And yet September had 83% trips that were 4 days in DEN. So either the mic isn't on, or they are wearing earplugs on the other side, because the message isn't getting heard down in Mecca. Hey St George!!! You're burning out your pilot group and ****ing off our families who still want to see us once in a awhile. The check that was just deposited doesn't helping after another summer helping SW fix their staffing problem since summer is the perfect time to run 0 reserves. Smh...

I don't follow this at all. It's like we work at different companies or something. When I bid and I need a day off I get it.. When there is a trip in open time that I want to trade for I have to call in to get it traded, but I get it.

I mean you do have to sell the trade. The people working cs are retarded high school dropouts. So whenever you talk to them you have to use a soothing Bob Ross voice so you don't upset them and you have to be nice and compliment them and explain how it is helping "the company" for them to do this. But they will do it.

But I bid 60 percent and get 15days off a month and credit over 90 hrs blocking 80.
I think you need to step up your bid game man.

SqueeG
09-14-2015, 07:08 AM
How long to hold a line at IAH for a new hire?

Thanks in advance.

Is offline
09-14-2015, 07:49 AM
How long to hold a line at IAH for a new hire?

Thanks in advance.

Prob 12-18 months

SqueeG
09-14-2015, 07:57 AM
My apologies, all! These were 4th and 5th posts of this thread, respectively:

2-6 months from the day you start class. Depending on your training schedule you could have it right out of training.

Needless to say, I am now confused about the "12-18 months" answer just given. :confused:

I promise to read more carefully/thoroughly going forward.

Sorry for the trouble! As you may appreciate, facts can be hard to nail down. Big difference between 2 months and 18 months for a commuter. Deeply appreciative for any help and to those trying to give a good answer (which could be both BRO and Offline).

While I'm at it, I am also interested in any pros/cons re: IAH vs. other bases from those in the know.

Thanks again!

durrrr
09-14-2015, 08:11 AM

Needless to say, I am now confused about the "12-18 months" answer just given. :confused:

Sorry for the trouble! As you may appreciate, facts can be hard to nail down. Big difference between 2 months and 18 months for a commuter. Deeply appreciative for any help and to those trying to give a good answer (which could be both BRO and Offline).

While I'm at it, I am also interested in any pros/cons re: IAH vs. other bases from those in the know.

Thanks again!

Latest update is 5 months from Atkins email. Hope that helps

grkero
09-14-2015, 08:31 AM

Compass no longer has new hires sign the training contract. Apparently it's been like that for several months.

Is offline
09-14-2015, 08:34 AM

Thanks again!

The flying in Houston has been shrinking. The only way you get into Houston is if someone bids out. I would say 6 months min to be awarded IAH and 12-18 to get a line. There is not much movement in Houston compared to MSP or ORD.

disillusioned
09-14-2015, 08:52 AM
I don't follow this at all. It's like we work at different companies or something. When I bid and I need a day off I get it..

When I bid a day off, there is a trip that my seniority should hold and it is awarded to me on my top layers. Then on my bottom layers, it is removed "Do to line constraints" What line constraint? The fact that the company needs me to work 88 hours, so it takes my really nice trip that had 3 legs each day, awards it to a junior pilot and gives me a six leg per day trip so that it can add another hour or two.

When there is a trip in open time that I want to trade for I have to call in to get it traded, but I get it.

When I call to trade into a trip because a good friend is transitioning into the E175, they tell me they are unable because we are below minimum reserves. When I inform them that they only have 3 reserves on the first day of the trip, and when my trip starts there are 9 reserves, I am then told that the trip I want to pick up comes back to base more and is easier to split up. I tried to explain how this would help them have more reserves to cover my trip and I could work the day that had less reserves. No thanks. They will just deadhead an ORD reserve in and have them sit ready for a couple hours. They won't use them while on ready, but we can't have someone just sitting at home getting paid. So I am glad they will do it for you, but history has shown that no matter how much logic you give them, they are programmed to say no and move on to the next call.

But I bid 60 percent and get 15days off a month and credit over 90 hrs blocking 80.
I think you need to step up your bid game man.

I bid over 50% Pretty spectacular after 7 years, I know. In May I had 100 CR with 91 Block and 14 days off. In fact the last 6 months, I have been able to get 14-15 days off per bid with Credit in the mid 90's and block about 5-10 hours less than that. But I will concede my PBS skills are lacking and ask for some pointers from you. I know it was just a week or so ago that you were asking how to fly less hours, which isn't possible because if PBS needs 86 hours when it processes your bid, you will get 86 hours or more. So help me understand how I can read the minds of all the pilots above me to know how many hours they are going to bid, then figure out which days a majority of them want to work. My gut feeling is that you have no idea what trips you should be able to hold but are being given away to those with less seniority. You are getting your 90 hours and are happy with it, but if you dug a little deeper, you would see what you should be able to hold if we staffed our airline properly or had a non globalized PBS system like our sister company. (The one that has enforceable work rules and pilot participation in pairing creation)

Simple fact is that PBS blows up and doesn't work when you force high hours and you don't have enough staff to do the flying. PBS has hours to fill and will do it anyway it needs to. Make you work on days off you need? PBS doesn't care, it just needs the days covered. You only want to work 75 hours this month? PBS doesn't care, it has a minimum of 86 hours and will take away all the trips you determined were good, so that it can give you enough hours. Didn't like the trip you got awarded and would like to trade with one in Open Time? No, CS will just make up some new rule or reason because they have to following marching orders from AS while she tries to protect her kingdom. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated, I'm just saying I have been doing this long enough to not expect much from our "support" crew.

Ronaldo
09-14-2015, 04:28 PM
A somewhat related question:

How long does it take for a new hire on the 175 to hold DEN? I hear it's 20 crews right now but projected to grow. The reason I say 175 is I have 4000 hours in it and if I make a lateral move I'd prefer to fly the same plane I'm flying now.

Yes I'm considering leaving RAH after 9 years due to QoL and I have commitments in the western US.

DALSkyking
09-14-2015, 05:31 PM

How long does it take for a new hire on the 175 to hold DEN? I hear it's 20 crews right now but projected to grow. The reason I say 175 is I have 4000 hours in it and if I make a lateral move I'd prefer to fly the same plane I'm flying now.

It'll be about a year for that upgrade

zondaracer
09-14-2015, 06:19 PM

Yes I'm considering leaving RAH after 9 years due to QoL and I have commitments in the western US.

May 2015 hired on the E175 have been awarded Denver starting in November 2015. YMMV

ClickClickBoom
09-14-2015, 11:54 PM
May 2015 hired on the E175 have been awarded Denver starting in November 2015. YMMV

The reality is, what happened today has no relavence tomorrow. Guys add and pull bids daily. I had an F/O add and change his bid 3 times in one day. Some guys will wait until the day before a bid closes to make up their mind about the bid. Point is you buy the ticket, take the ride, you want guarantees, go to Midas, I hear their muffler guarantee rocks.
The other reality is a regional is a regional, go to the one that matches your geographic location choice, I will give you this guarantee, if you do a 2 leg commute to any SKYW domicile while on reserve, you won't make it a year, more like 6 months.
The hard part about this job isn't the flying, it's everything else that will suck the life out of you....

JB22
09-15-2015, 12:04 AM
The reality is, what happened today has no relavence tomorrow. Guys add and pull bids daily. I had an F/O add and change his bid 3 times in one day. Some guys will wait until the day before a bid closes to make up their mind about the bid. Point is you buy the ticket, take the ride, you want guarantees, go to Midas, I hear their muffler guarantee rocks.
The other reality is a regional is a regional, go to the one that matches your geographic location choice, I will give you this guarantee, if you do a 2 leg commute to any SKYW domicile while on reserve, you won't make it a year, more like 6 months.
The hard part about this job isn't the flying, it's everything else that will suck the life out of you....

I can't wait to get started. Gonna fly my a off and upgrade as soon as possible and get put. I know regionals suck and I'm only in it to move on.i love that so many Skywest pilots are happy to stay put and sit at the bottom of the regional feed and give me the chance to move on. I'll update on class and how it is. 3 of my friends from ER have gotten hired and start class soon.

WaterRooster
09-15-2015, 05:53 AM
I can't wait to get started. Gonna fly my a off and upgrade as soon as possible and get put. I know regionals suck and I'm only in it to move on.i love that so many Skywest pilots are happy to stay put and sit at the bottom of the regional feed and give me the chance to move on. I'll update on class and how it is. 3 of my friends from ER have gotten hired and start class soon.

When do you start again? I forgot the class date you said

Leroy Smith
09-15-2015, 06:44 AM

Thank you!! You just made my day. These kind of posts are like kitten pics or kids hitting adults in the nether-regions clips to me.
You are just adorable.
"Gonna fly my a off and upgrade as soon as possible and get (o)ut."
Bless your little heart!!!!!

Turbosina
09-15-2015, 07:48 AM
I'll update on class and how it is.

Tip of the day: nobody cares.

Is offline
09-15-2015, 08:26 AM
I can't wait to get started. Gonna fly my a off and upgrade as soon as possible and get put. I know regionals suck and I'm only in it to move on.i love that so many Skywest pilots are happy to stay put and sit at the bottom of the regional feed and give me the chance to move on. I'll update on class and howitzer it is. 3 of my friends from ER have gotten hired and start class soon.

Be sure to throw that ER around in class. We all loved those guys, and now I have to go back to sitting on my *** not wanting to upgrade.

MasterOfPuppets
09-16-2015, 08:21 AM
i can't wait to get started. Gonna fly my a off and upgrade as soon as possible and get put. I know regionals suck and i'm only in it to move on.i love that so many skywest pilots are happy to stay put and sit at the bottom of the regional feed and give me the chance to move on. I'll update on class and how it is. 3 of my friends from er have gotten hired and start class soon.

i'm so ******* ready!!

yimke
09-16-2015, 08:31 AM

lol.. I needed a good laugh for the day. Thanks!

Flightsoffusion
09-16-2015, 08:44 AM

Adorable. Ever think that those staying put at "the bottom of the regional feed" may have other reasons for doing so such as, "been there done that" or quality of life and the opportunity to work with decent folks has become their new priority? Something to think about while your hair's on fire and your sharing a panel with one of those "content bottom feeders" in the other seat Peace..