Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Twin PIC Time

Pictwintime
06-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Anyone interested in building some PIC multi time in a Piper Aztec also some turbine time available in a Citation as SIC if your not typed. Flying mostly out of the south FL area.

Bell0805
06-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Hello,

I am most definitely interested in building some time. I am working out of Kendall Tami Ami airport at the moment please pm me
Anyone interested in building some PIC multi time in a Piper Aztec also some turbine time available in a Citation as SIC if your not typed. Flying mostly out of the south FL area.

flitecontrols
06-10-2015, 04:26 PM

Hello there...I'm interested in building some Twin time. I just got my Multi-Engine Instructor Rating in Piper Aztec. Current CFI, CFII, MEI in Central FL.

Please let me know...Thank You

flyinhawyan
06-18-2015, 06:46 PM
So how do you guys split the time and how do you log it in your logbooks? You can't both have PIC time and the Aztec doesn't need a co-pilot so what does the non-PIC log?

aviatorhi
06-19-2015, 01:39 AM
Maybe they split it under the hood? Any number of ways to log it.

flyinhawyan
06-19-2015, 06:27 AM
Maybe they split it under the hood? Any number of ways to log it.

I need to do this myself so that's why I'm asking what is the acceptable(legal) way to log shared flight time? One acts as a safety pilot while the other is under the hood?

miqrogroove
06-19-2015, 07:34 AM
I need to do this myself so that's why I'm asking what is the acceptable(legal) way to log shared flight time? One acts as a safety pilot while the other is under the hood?

It is legal as long as you don't log safety pilot and cross country time on the same flight or leg of the trip. I recently typed up some examples here:

Safety Pilots are Not Allowed Cross Country Experience Robert Chapin (http://captainslog.aero/2015/safety-pilots-no-cross-country/)

badtransam97
06-19-2015, 07:28 PM
Id be interested as well.