Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Tapatalk ads?

BoilerUP
07-10-2015, 02:52 PM
When viewing APC on Tapatalk v5.0 on iOS 8.4, I am seeing ads at the bottom of a given thread. The ads are "adult" in nature, though they are not NSFW. I have not ever noticed these until today.

I do not see these on any other forum I use Tapatalk to browse.

What gives?

BrandiNett
07-13-2015, 08:03 AM
Howdy,

We do not own or operate Tapatalk (which is a third party) and the ads are being placed there by them.

If you do not want to see them, then the only recommendation I can offer is to not use Tapatalk.

Thanks!

BoilerUP
07-13-2015, 08:06 AM
No other forum I use via Tapatalk has ads, with the exception of APC.

So obviously, something is "different".

Tapatalk's own Support forum says forum owners can disable "Native Advertisements" via settings on your Dashboard...whatever that is.

BrandiNett
07-14-2015, 08:41 AM
No other forum I use via Tapatalk has ads, with the exception of APC.

So obviously, something is "different".

Tapatalk's own Support forum says forum owners can disable "Native Advertisements" via settings on your Dashboard...whatever that is.

I checked the Tapatalk DB for APC and could not find anything regarding Native Advertisements. Even so, if ads are being put there it is not a decision I can overrule. I can pass along your complaint to my boss though.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1