Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Why is the MEF so high here?

Flyboyxc91
07-23-2015, 09:12 AM
Hey guys, quick question on a particular MEF - Maximum Elevation Figure - that's particularly high from what I can derive but that's just my initial glance. The terrain doesn't seem to go up to which is close to the MEF so... Why is the R-2306B area quadrangle showing an MEF of 15,200MSL? Just to the southeast of Blythe (KBLH) if you're searching.

I'll try to include the screenshot as an attachment.

Thanks.

Hercguy
07-23-2015, 09:22 AM
Hey guys, quick question on a particular MEF - Maximum Elevation Figure - that's particularly high from what I can derive but that's just my initial glance. The terrain doesn't seem to go up to which is close to the MEF so... Why is the R-2306B area quadrangle showing an MEF of 15,200MSL? Just to the southeast of Blythe (KBLH) if you're searching.

I'll try to include the screenshot as an attachment.

Thanks.

For the balloon in the southern portion.

Flyboyxc91
07-23-2015, 09:34 AM
For the balloon in the southern portion.

Ahhhhhh it would be in plain view for me not to see... Thanks.

badflaps
07-23-2015, 10:29 AM
I didn't realize the aerostats were still in the air. I will have to be more careful coming across.