Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Commutair hiring

ready4takeoff
08-14-2015, 02:27 PM
Hey guys this is my first post so if I posted in the wrong area my bad. Anyways I have a question for Commutair guys. I applied about a week ago and never got a call even though I meet all the mins. I emailed one of the recruiters there and set up a time for a phone call. That time has come and passed with no phone call. Is HR backed up with something over there or is this normal? The reason I ask is because I read that others received a phone call within 12 hours and had an interview scheduled. I'd love to set up an interview and possibly work for Commutair but also don't want to sit around waiting. Thanks for any input.

Bootleg
08-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Hey guys this is my first post so if I posted in the wrong area my bad. Anyways I have a question for Commutair guys. I applied about a week ago and never got a call even though I meet all the mins. I emailed one of the recruiters there and set up a time for a phone call. That time has come and passed with no phone call. Is HR backed up with something over there or is this normal? The reason I ask is because I read that others received a phone call within 12 hours and had an interview scheduled. I'd love to set up an interview and possibly work for Commutair but also don't want to sit around waiting. Thanks for any input.

That's just it----DONT sit around waiting. I don't know what Commutairs minimums are, but if you meet theirs I'm sure you meet others as well. Quicker you get in, quicker you get your time and make connections, quicker you get out.

If I make an appointment w somebody and they stiff me---somebody gets fired. If they aren't as good as their word, you should look elsewhere.

Disclaimer--I am not and never was a Commutair guy.

ready4takeoff
08-14-2015, 03:05 PM
That's just it----DONT sit around waiting. I don't know what Commutairs minimums are, but if you meet theirs I'm sure you meet others as well. Quicker you get in, quicker you get your time and make connections, quicker you get out.

If I make an appointment w somebody and they stiff me---somebody gets fired. If they aren't as good as their word, you should look elsewhere.

Disclaimer--I am not and never was a Commutair guy.
Thanks for your reply Bootleg

Dashbro
08-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Thanks for your reply Bootleg

Dude... For the love of anything holy, don't go to commutair. You will literally hate your life and be looking for another job with in months. There are tons of options out there which are 1000 times better.

SKNPilot
08-14-2015, 04:33 PM

If you would like to get info on CommutAir message me. Dashbro doesn't work for CommutAir he's just here to troll, and spread false info with no facts to prove what he's saying.

middies10
08-14-2015, 07:16 PM
Dude... For the love of anything holy, don't go to commutair. You will literally hate your life and be looking for another job with in months. There are tons of options out there which are 1000 times better.

You can't just leave him with that.......

22RatW
08-15-2015, 09:09 AM

It appears that our main recruiter was out on vacation. You should hear something soon but being proactive is always a good thing. Don't be afraid to call next week.

rbtower2
08-15-2015, 10:22 AM
I agree if you don't hear anything by Monday give them a call, I'm sure it wasn't done on purpose, probably slipped through the cracks. Don't listen to the haters on here. It's not a bad place to work and the crews you work with are awesome. I'm sure CommutAir will love to have you. Hope to see you on the line 😊

Dashbro
08-15-2015, 12:06 PM
If you would like to get info on CommutAir message me. Dashbro doesn't work for CommutAir he's just here to troll, and spread false info with no facts to prove what he's saying.

Excuse me Mr. Calling people names... I did work there, and it was the worst year of my life. Treated like a F-ING child instead of a professional every time you go to work really gets old. You shouldn't try and ruin peoples lives just because you need people below you to upgrade. Places like commutair need to go the way of the buffalo or this industry will never change..

SKNPilot
08-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Excuse me Mr. Calling people names... I did work there, and it was the worst year of my life. Treated like a F-ING child instead of a professional every time you go to work really gets old. You shouldn't try and ruin peoples lives just because you need people below you to upgrade. Places like commutair need to go the way of the buffalo or this industry will never change..

Your actions are that of a child's. Only children down talk something without providing info on what they're saying. If CommutAir didn't workout for you and your childish behavior and request, that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't love it here. Let people make their own decisions based off of info that was provided and their own thoughts.

Dashbro
08-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Your actions are that of a child's. Only children down talk something without providing info on what they're saying. If CommutAir didn't workout for you and your childish behavior and request, that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't love it here. Let people make their own decisions based off of info that was provided and their own thoughts.

Ha. Except that most of the people that work there hate commutair. (You can't deny it) And basically all the people who were in my new hire class quit within one year. Even captains I flew with quit to go to other regionals. In your defense, this was 5 years ago so it's possible things have changed a little. Doubt it tho.

2isclear
08-15-2015, 01:30 PM
I have enjoyed my time here.

Flyhayes
08-15-2015, 02:20 PM
I enjoy working here for the most part, and most people I fly with seem reasonably content here. It's a regional, just like all other regionals, so it's not going to be a glamorous job. Perhaps Dashbro experience is because he just didn't fit in here. You'll have that at any company.

Dashbro
08-15-2015, 03:25 PM
I enjoy working here for the most part, and most people I fly with seem reasonably content here. It's a regional, just like all other regionals, so it's not going to be a glamorous job. Perhaps Dashbro experience is because he just didn't fit in here. You'll have that at any company.
Ya, your right. I really didn't fit in there, and neither did 18 out of 20 of my new hire class. You guys better get your apps out with only two new hires a month that place will be gone very soon, at least you haven't wasted too much time. Good luck guys. This is my last post, already wasted way too much time on this.

AKcharger
08-15-2015, 05:37 PM
Go Commute Air!

FishSammichNat
08-17-2015, 07:01 AM
5 years ago was pre-contract, heart of the choker's reign. It really sucked at C5 then. Now? Still not peaches and cream, but no worse than any other lowsy regional operator.

ArcherDvr
08-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Up to 15K sign on bonus. 7K for ATP, AND $5 for every hour of 121 or equivalent time.

Rebeldog
08-18-2015, 02:46 PM
I wouldn't sweat it, must have been a mistake. I know they are looking for people because they emailed me looking for a phone interview and I still have 2 years left in the Navy. Oh well i guess.

NeverHome
08-18-2015, 05:09 PM
As a former C5 CA Ile give my 2 cents...
The scheduling sux, crews are awesome. There is issues but that is true everywhere. C5 is where I really learned how to fly. Im talking about keeping schedules, dealing with mx issues, pax issues, and wx. If you live near one of the doms then it is a good place. If you have to commute then consider other places.
On the other hand the place seems to be shrinking so the future is questionable. Even a few months to a year will really teach you about flying. Otherwise there are other regionals who are handing out $$$ for you to go there.
Good luck to all

echoaviation
08-18-2015, 06:18 PM
As a former C5 CA Ile give my 2 cents...
The scheduling sux, crews are awesome. There is issues but that is true everywhere. C5 is where I really learned how to fly. Im talking about keeping schedules, dealing with mx issues, pax issues, and wx. If you live near one of the doms then it is a good place. If you have to commute then consider other places.
On the other hand the place seems to be shrinking so the future is questionable. Even a few months to a year will really teach you about flying. Otherwise there are other regionals who are handing out $$$ for you to go there.
Good luck to all

As previously stated in this thread, up to $15,000 in sign on bonuses. Visit the website for details.

billyho
08-18-2015, 06:50 PM
As previously stated in this thread, up to $15,000 in sign on bonuses. Visit the website for details.

15,0000? But how many years and what's the break down on how you get the money? If you get it all in one year then maybe take the money and leave after a year.:rolleyes:

2isclear
08-18-2015, 08:18 PM
What is the rapid growth the website mentions?

CaptYoda
08-19-2015, 05:47 AM
Always read the fine print!

ArcherDvr
08-19-2015, 06:01 AM
What is the rapid growth the website mentions?

I was wondering the same thing.

MattyIce
08-19-2015, 06:15 AM
I interviewed there earlier this year. All Female interviewing crew (recruiter, HR, and Captain), nothing against that just thought it was unique. They were all very professional. Sounded like a good place to be. Knowledgeable staff. Offered me a job and throughout the time between job offer and class date they were by no means "see you in a month" and wouldn't hear from them. I was assigned to a line Captain that offered to be somewhat of a mentor (pre-class responsibilities and what to study sort of things). I decided to take another job I was offered because the perks were a better fit for me, but I was strongly considering CommutAir.

flyinhawyan
08-19-2015, 07:06 AM
I interviewed there earlier this year. All Female interviewing crew (recruiter, HR, and Captain), nothing against that just thought it was unique. They were all very professional. Sounded like a good place to be. Knowledgeable staff. Offered me a job and throughout the time between job offer and class date they were by no means "see you in a month" and wouldn't hear from them. I was assigned to a line Captain that offered to be somewhat of a mentor (pre-class responsibilities and what to study sort of things). I decided to take another job I was offered because the perks were a better fit for me, but I was strongly considering CommutAir.

What perks were better at the "other" place compared to CommutAir?

echoaviation
08-19-2015, 07:16 AM
What perks were better at the "other" place compared to CommutAir?

I would put money on a flow through.

Captyeager
09-08-2015, 10:36 AM
I have an interview next week with CommutAir and was wondering if someone from the company could PM me? I would post my questions directly to this thread but i'm afraid trolls would just drown them out. Thanks!

flyinhawyan
09-08-2015, 11:59 AM
I have an interview next week with CommutAir and was wondering if someone from the company could PM me? I would post my questions directly to this thread but i'm afraid trolls would just drown them out. Thanks!

Pm me your questions. I just finished my interview today and got the class date with study material. Waiting for my flight back home from CLE. The gouge on airline interviews is spot on except today they used BWI for the jepp approach plate brief and finger fly from CLE to ERI.

Slim11
09-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Pm me your questions. I just finished my interview today and got the class date with study material. Waiting for my flight back home from CLE. The gouge on airline interviews is spot on except today they used BWI for the jepp approach plate brief and finger fly from CLE to ERI.

Congratulations! Did they give you any indication if IAD will be your crew base?

flyinhawyan
09-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Congratulations! Did they give you any indication if IAD will be your crew base?

They said you could pretty much get any base but stated that you would fly more out of EWR.

NeverHome
09-10-2015, 09:45 AM
To those starting off at C5:
Learn everything you can while you are there. The dash is a lot of fun. The best advice I can give is this: after your first 100hrs RE READ the BLUE BOOK. The whole thing. What is written will make a lot more sense after you have flown. Also remember this: you ARE a captain in training. The best way to fulfill that statement is to remember that you are there to back up the CA. Make decisions in your head but remember that you are there to make the CAs job easier.
That is all!

flyinhawyan
09-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Learn everything you can while you are there. The dash is a lot of fun. The best advice I can give is this: after your first 100hrs RE READ the BLUE BOOK. The whole thing. What is written will make a lot more sense after you have flown. Also remember this: you ARE a captain in training. The best way to fulfill that statement is to remember that you are there to back up the CA. Make decisions in your head but remember that you are there to make the CAs job easier.
That is all!

Thanks for the great advice!

kalipilot
09-10-2015, 12:52 PM
That is all!

Good advice! As for being a Captain in training, that's one thing that's stressed a lot here. The group is small and tight, and that adds to the dynamic of the work environment here. Everyone knows each other and is willing to help, so do not hesitate to ask questions. The upgrade comes relatively quickly, so ask as many questions as you can while on the line in preparation for it since it's up or out. We've had a very good success rate for the 3 years that I've been here. There is also a mentor-ship program to help new hires all the way thru upgrade. It took me 2 years and 4 months which is an unusually long time, and I felt more than ready when the time came.

MattyIce
09-17-2015, 03:54 AM
I would put money on a flow through.

To answer flyinhawyan, echo you were correct, I decided on PDT. Just a better situation for me personally. I was impressed with CommutAir when I was there though.

Captyeager
09-24-2015, 04:19 AM
Anybody else scheduled for a Nov 30th class?

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1