Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

rbtower2
08-19-2015, 05:00 AM
Thought Id share this info in case anyone is interested

CommutAir is now offering a sign on Bonus.
Earn $7,000 sign-on BONUS plus $5/flight hour BONUS for every 121 equivalent hour for a total of $15,000 (121 PIC/SIC; 135 or 91K PIC)
Need an ATP/CTP? CommutAir is offering you a FREE ATP/CTP and providing you with a $2,000 sign-on BONUS

I wish the company had actually increased everyone's pay but hopefully this will get some more people in the door. I think its a pretty good offer especially for those jumping ship from another regional with a good amount of time. If you have 1600hrs at another regional that would put first year pay close to $45000

ImissXJ
08-19-2015, 05:10 AM
Almost as good as Endeavor Air offering $20,000 a year through 2018 and also offering the CTP and a interview at Delta...

eaglefly
08-19-2015, 05:15 AM
Thought Id share this info in case anyone is interested

CommutAir is now offering a sign on Bonus.
Earn $7,000 sign-on BONUS plus $5/flight hour BONUS for every 121 equivalent hour for a total of $15,000 (121 PIC/SIC; 135 or 91K PIC)
Need an ATP/CTP? CommutAir is offering you a FREE ATP/CTP and providing you with a $2,000 sign-on BONUS

I wish the company had actually increased everyone's pay but hopefully this will get some more people in the door. I think its a pretty good offer especially for those jumping ship from another regional with a good amount of time. If you have 1600hrs at another regional that would put first year pay close to $45000

LOL !!!

Sounds like new-hires will make as much or more then many captains. What you guys need is a competent union.

FishSammichNat
08-19-2015, 08:49 AM
By my math, to get things back in balance captain pay scale needs to start at approximately 75 dollars per hour first year and no concessions.

CBreezy
08-19-2015, 08:50 AM
Almost as good as Endeavor Air offering $20,000 a year through 2018 and also offering the CTP and a interview at Delta...

What happens after 2018?

Captyeager
08-19-2015, 08:59 AM
I have a 1000 hrs part 135 but no atp. Do I still qualify for the additional $5 an hour bonus?

AeroCrewSolut
08-21-2015, 09:16 AM
I have a 1000 hrs part 135 but no atp. Do I still qualify for the additional $5 an hour bonus?

According to their advertisement you would qualify for the bonus. I would call/email to verify.

SilkyG
08-21-2015, 10:57 AM
JS was in the IAD crew room yesterday morning. He said for us guys already on property to be patient and that there's something for us in the near future. He also said that the bonus announcement for new hires may have been "out of sequence" with other "things" to come. He was very vague, but also said management is working on something "exciting" with United.

TallFlyer
08-21-2015, 01:14 PM
The fabled flow, perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KhalReblic23
08-21-2015, 02:04 PM
What happens after 2018?

You're broke.

Luv2Rotate
08-21-2015, 02:56 PM
JS was in the IAD crew room yesterday morning. He said for us guys already on property to be patient and that there's something for us in the near future. He also said that the bonus announcement for new hires may have been "out of sequence" with other "things" to come. He was very vague, but also said management is working on something "exciting" with United.

What? Flying 1900's? Come one man, United does not need a flow and even if they decided to implement one, don't you think they'd go to RAH, SkyWest or someone that already operates jets?

Crawl
08-21-2015, 05:42 PM

Yeah, the good news is always right around the corner...:rolleyes:

Facebitten
08-21-2015, 07:15 PM
WOW it feels good to be out of this stupid rat race. :D

FaceBiter
08-21-2015, 07:20 PM
WOW it feels good to be out of this stupid rat race. :D

No joke huh? Gotta' watch out for some of those DPE's bruh. They're sticklers on endorsements.

Facebitten
08-21-2015, 07:25 PM
No joke huh? Gotta' watch out for some of those DPE's bruh. They're sticklers on endorsements.

what are you blabbing about you stupid dumpster fire. i cant believe your even alive. i only know dpes that wear red hats. its nice to be home every night making 40k a year. have fun with your career.

FaceBiter
08-21-2015, 08:59 PM
Still workin on dat gold seal?

RedBeardedPilot
08-22-2015, 06:17 AM
What happens after 2018?

The deal expires and they will vote in something else. Who knows if it will be better or worse. A lot of people are saying you can make $80,000 through the next 4 years but the offer is only valid till 2018 with is almost half way through. especially by the time you get through training

SmitteyB
08-23-2015, 03:26 PM
The deal expires and they will vote in something else. Who knows if it will be better or worse. A lot of people are saying you can make $80,000 through the next 4 years but the offer is only valid till 2018 with is almost half way through. especially by the time you get through training

Its valid until 12/31/2018. The last payment will be made in January 2019.

To put it in perspective, there is a $6,667 check every May, Sep, and January thru January 2019.

SpngBobGreyPant
08-25-2015, 04:30 AM
I've spent the better part of a decade working at my dads music shop, but i meet all of the atp req's. Does this bonus apply to ex CommutAir pilots who return?

Falcon20
08-25-2015, 10:03 AM
So does anyone know if there is any time obligation for taking the bonus? If doesn't say on the website.

ScubaPilot
08-28-2015, 09:26 AM
I would call/email to verify.

Calling them to verify information would be an viable option -- assuming they answered their phones or returned messages. After receiving an emailed recruiting pitch last Saturday, with a specific name and extension to call, I have called eight times this week, at various times of the day, and left two voicemails. No answer or call back.

If this is indicative of how they attempt to recruit pilots, or even run their airline, it shouldn't be a surprise they are having difficulty recruiting and retaining pilots.

Anyone inside the company, or attempting to get hired have another perspective?

echoaviation
08-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Calling them to verify information would be an viable option -- assuming they answered their phones or returned messages. After receiving an emailed recruiting pitch last Saturday, with a specific name and extension to call, I have called eight times this week, at various times of the day, and left two voicemails. No answer or call back.

If this is indicative of how they attempt to recruit pilots, or even run their airline, it shouldn't be a surprise they are having difficulty recruiting and retaining pilots.

Anyone inside the company, or attempting to get hired have another perspective?

Not sure why it's taking so long for you. Maybe that person is on vacation...I'm 99.9% sure they will get back to you soon.

Captyeager
08-29-2015, 11:38 AM
I received one of those emails last
week too. Except it was written to someone named "Sean" instead of mine...my email wrong applicant.

HurrynWait
08-29-2015, 03:09 PM
When the website says, if you already have an "ATP/CTP" you qualify for a $7,000 signing bonus, does that mean if you completed your ATP written prior to the new rules you are also eligible for the bonus? Due to the fact the company doesn't have to pay for your ATP/CTP?

tBeach
08-29-2015, 06:11 PM
Yea just seems like a gap in communication. I replied to that email and got a response the next day. The recruiter said she would be traveling throughout the week, though. That might explain your problem. Spoke with her on the phone two days later and scheduled an interview in a few weeks!

tBeach
08-29-2015, 06:12 PM
When the website says, if you already have an "ATP/CTP" you qualify for a $7,000 signing bonus, does that mean if you completed your ATP written prior to the new rules you are also eligible for the bonus? Due to the fact the company doesn't have to pay for your ATP/CTP?
Right, as long as your written results are still valid long enough for you to get through training to your checkride then you do not need the CTP.

HurrynWait
08-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Right, as long as your written results are still valid long enough for you to get through training to your checkride then you do not need the CTP.
Okay, makes sense! Thanks!

22RatW
09-01-2015, 09:15 AM
You can send an email to [email protected], they should be able to receive those emails while they are on the road. I do know that the main recruiter was out on vacation.

2isclear
09-01-2015, 04:59 PM
I heard today they are planning to run two new hire classes in the month of October. Is the bonus really attracting that many new hires?