Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : CQFO - Trans State

stillcallozhome
08-19-2015, 04:19 PM
Hi,

I'm hoping a current CQFO can PM me? I have some questions about it such as left seat time and the program.

Thanks

minimwage4
08-19-2015, 04:24 PM
It's trans states. Might want to know the spelling of the place you want to work at.

stillcallozhome
08-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Thanks for that. I will tell my auto correct.

stillcallozhome
08-19-2015, 05:14 PM
I rarely post on this for the reason of comments like that. I am genuinely interested in the program and am trying to do my homework. If it's not constructive, why post it?

And if you really wanted to be correct and big note, shouldn't you have used a capital T and S?!?

Slim11
08-19-2015, 05:33 PM
stillcallozhome...check PM.

Riverside
08-19-2015, 06:34 PM
I rarely post on this for the reason of comments like that. I am genuinely interested in the program and am trying to do my homework. If it's not constructive, why post it?

And if you really wanted to be correct and big note, shouldn't you have used a capital T and S?!?

I would do it for the pay. But don't expect much left seat right away

FoxHeader
09-03-2015, 07:32 PM
I would like to hear from actual CQFOs their thoughts and experiences as well. Anybody care to share what is it like?

How much left seat? Training? Full upgrade time? Etc.

FAAGoldSealCFI
09-03-2015, 08:31 PM
Is this CQFO program designed so that one could go straight from CFI to at least a part-time Captain? This seems desirable as you would not have to be an FO for very long before logging PIC time. Or does the normal minimums still apply? Thanks!

Skyvector
09-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Are the Flight Attendants hot?

Can you log PIC from the right seat?

Crew meals: hummus or baked chips?

Do you get reimbursed for cell phone usage?

Can I credit 100 hours of pay while only flying 20 and logging 45 of that as PIC?

Thanks in advance...

God Bless!!

FAAGoldSealCFI
09-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Those are some good questions too LOL!

Are the crew meals seriously hummus? gosh, I hate that stuff. hahah.

CaptYoda
09-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Is this CQFO program designed so that one could go straight from CFI to at least a part-time Captain? This seems desirable as you would not have to be an FO for very long before logging PIC time. Or does the normal minimums still apply? Thanks!
I don't think the CQFO is designed for that at all. You should be able to qualify as a Captain which requires minimum of 1000 hrs under FAR 121. If you don't have that then you go in as an F/O.

For logging of PIC, I would only log it if I were signing for the aircraft although there is a provision to consider PIC when you are typed and are the sole manipulator of the controls. Airlines generally will only consider the former.

Skyvector
09-03-2015, 09:59 PM
I don't think the CQFO is designed for that at all. You should be able to qualify as a Captain which requires minimum of 1000 hrs under FAR 121. If you don't have that then you go in as an F/O.

For logging of PIC, I would only log it if I were signing for the aircraft although there is a provision to consider PIC when you are typed and are the sole manipulator of the controls. Airlines generally will only consider the former.

If I'm in the right seat, but the Captain is in the lav....can I log PIC time?

Thanks in advance...

God Bless!!

BBWsRULE
09-03-2015, 11:19 PM
they just had 5 CQFOs put their notice in this week.. So why is that? Why would someone leave a place where they are logging PIC time and being served hummus from hot flight attendants???

CaptYoda
09-04-2015, 12:27 AM
Must have gotten a better offer............

CBreezy
09-04-2015, 02:57 AM
they just had 5 CQFOs put their notice in this week.. So why is that? Why would someone leave a place where they are logging PIC time and being served hummus from hot flight attendants???

To go to jet blue or United?

minimwage4
09-04-2015, 03:55 AM

Tsa has hot FAs?

Riverside
09-04-2015, 04:43 AM
Tsa has hot FAs?

Sometimes we do. But the key is getting them to stay. Can't buy makeup and $200 perfume on $5 an hour wages.

BBWsRULE
09-04-2015, 05:33 AM
To go to jet blue or United?

They probably all left for Republic or Key Lime... Better quality of life and they won't be subject to the weirdos at TSA..:eek:

BBWsRULE
09-04-2015, 05:36 AM
Sometimes we do. But the key is getting them to stay. Can't buy makeup and $200 perfume on $5 an hour wages.

I've never seen any of you tools with hot FAs... You guys are running a 55+ center over there.. If there not old hags, then they're straight out of Ferguson...

Riverside
09-04-2015, 05:39 AM
I've never seen any of you tools with hot FAs... You guys are running a 55+ center over there.. If there not old hags, then they're straight out of Ferguson...

Your mom seems pretty happy here. I don't know why you had to bring he up.

minimwage4
09-04-2015, 06:00 AM

Werrrrrrd.... Gojet gets the good ones.

ClickClickBoom
09-04-2015, 06:17 AM
This thread delivers.....
Anyone know if the girl in the ad is a full Yeti/Squatch?

av8rgator
09-04-2015, 06:28 AM
I know of several CQFO's that have left. 2 have gone to Atlas, 1 to jetBlue, 1 got a better offer to return to old job, and myself to United.

I've been happy here. More than half of my reserve time has been in the left seat. The people are great, the planes are ok, scheduling WILL work you like a dog. But hey, it's a regional and the job is what you make of it. Yes there are some issues, but the good outweighs the bad (in my opinion) and they are working towards improving things. The CQ pay is descent if you're an FO coming from somewhere else. Training pay sucks though so be prepared for that.

B200 Hawk
09-04-2015, 06:38 AM
I know of several CQFO's that have left. 2 have gone to Atlas, 1 to jetBlue, 1 got a better offer to return to old job, and myself to United.

I've been happy here. More than half of my reserve time has been in the left seat. The people are great, the planes are ok, scheduling WILL work you like a dog. But hey, it's a regional and the job is what you make of it. Yes there are some issues, but the good outweighs the bad (in my opinion) and they are working towards improving things. The CQ pay is descent if you're an FO coming from somewhere else. Training pay sucks though so be prepared for that.

Take your rational thinking, unbiased point of view and facts somewhere else. This is a TSA thread man, no trolling allowed. :roll eyes:

*Sarcasm* for the idiots who actually don't understand it.

FlyingKat
09-04-2015, 07:44 AM

But wait......that genius BBWsRule says all of you guys went to Republic....

Or maybe you could join him at PSA for a flow......OH SNAAAP....they didn't get that when they "stood up" for the profession....

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1