Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Emirates vacancies

LDC134
08-24-2015, 05:46 AM
Would you be interested in working for one of the fastest growing and most profitable airlines in the world? Emirates are looking to recruit 1000 talented pilots across the next 20 months due to their unrivalled growth. They have 270 aircraft on order to run alongside their existing 230 fleet and can provide fantastic job security and an exciting and rewarding career.

Working for Emirates you can expect:
· A supportive employer with a holistic benefits package focusing on the aspects that are most important to you
· To be part of a global network
· Security and attractive career progression
· To fly a young technically advanced fleet which is entirely wide-bodied
· A quality lifestyle in Dubai with access to high standards of education, leisure and sports - ideal for both families and singles

If you're interested in finding out more visit emirates.com/pilots.

maddogmax
08-24-2015, 06:05 AM
If you have to come on this forum to recruit pilots you must be really hurting. Emirates looked great when the U.S. Carriers were not hiring. Not the case now. Good luck!

Globe Master
08-24-2015, 06:20 AM
USA basing, Direct Entry Captains...

Then, I might consider...

Fetzervalve
08-24-2015, 06:26 AM
Would you be interested in working for one of the fastest growing and most profitable airlines in the world? Emirates are looking to recruit 1000 talented pilots across the next 20 months due to their unrivalled growth. They have 270 aircraft on order to run alongside their existing 230 fleet and can provide fantastic job security and an exciting and rewarding career.

· A supportive employer with a holistic benefits package focusing on the aspects that are most important to you
· A quality lifestyle in Dubai with access to high standards of education, leisure and sports - ideal for both families and singles

There are many reasons why Emirates is sooooooo desperate for pilots - many of whom are jumping like rats from a ship. Anyone considering EK should do extensive, thorough research and look at the other aviation discussion boards as well.

I do agree, if EK offered US basing that would only help their own efforts. Highly doubt that will happen though...

Whale Driver
08-24-2015, 09:57 AM

Agreed, all they have to do is open a JFK base for US crews and that 1000 would be filled instantly. Of course that would mean admitting that no one chooses to live in Dubai, just forced to by other circumstances.

FLowpayFO
08-24-2015, 10:09 AM
If there was a US base, Emirates would have to follow US labor laws to US based crews right? Like the right to Unionize, etc?

silver fleet
08-24-2015, 10:40 AM
EK is a fu&*#ing joke. Ive got 12 years 121, thousands of TPIC, 3 internal recs. Their internal screening department is a joke. I continually get emails stating that I dont meet the minimum 2000 hours multi-crew time. And yes, my app indeed states 5K+ multi crew time....I truly believe half of their problem is their own idiocracy in vetting online apps. My buds say I may be better off....

Natca
08-24-2015, 02:05 PM
EK is a fu&*#ing joke. Ive got 12 years 121, thousands of TPIC, 3 internal recs. Their internal screening department is a joke. I continually get emails stating that I dont meet the minimum 2000 hours multi-crew time. And yes, my app indeed states 5K+ multi crew time....I truly believe half of their problem is their own idiocracy in vetting online apps. My buds say I may be better off....

I must agree with that, 1000 plus jet above 100k tow and 4000 total time and their department says i lack total time and efis time.... Good luck poaching from every a320 operator.

atpcliff
08-25-2015, 02:20 PM
No minimum hours any more...They lowered their mins...very desperate...losing upwards of 10% per month was posted by several pilots...

OCCP
08-25-2015, 04:24 PM
No minimum hours could get scary.

AsianSensastion
08-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Cant believe a place that starts at $98k tax free with all housing, education paid and free healthcare cant keep or find new pilots!

The Dominican
08-25-2015, 05:34 PM
Cant believe a place that starts at $98k tax free with all housing, education paid and free healthcare cant keep or find new pilots!
At the end of the day it might be the shiny jet and the pay that attracts people to jobs but it is the overall satisfaction with your work environment and the company culture that keeps them there...., the new office becomes just the office after a month or so:rolleyes:

the turtle
08-26-2015, 01:22 AM
Emirates will never, ever open up a US base.

(or anywhere else for that matter)

Do not come here. It is the hardest flying you will ever do, the longest hours, the most time zones.

The fact that EK is reducing the minimums...well, those candidates still need to pass the recruitment process, which is difficult.

and then suffer through the training dept.

Sniper66
08-26-2015, 09:12 AM

HAhaha now that's funny!

Sniper66
08-26-2015, 09:15 AM
Emirates will never, ever open up a US base.

(or anywhere else for that matter)

Do not come here. It is the hardest flying you will ever do, the longest hours, the most time zones.

The fact that EK is reducing the minimums...well, those candidates still need to pass the recruitment process, which is difficult.

and then suffer through the training dept.

I thought all Ex MAG pilots were shouting that's the best job and a lot of cash ? What happen ?

the turtle
08-27-2015, 04:26 AM
I thought all Ex MAG pilots were shouting that's the best job and a lot of cash ? What happen ?

Oh I could say a lot of things happened, Sniper. They got wise, I guess.

If you don't go crazy spending here in Dubai it still pays as well if not better than mainline. But you fly a lot. A LOT.

the rosters are nothing like what they once were. And thats where the majority of the dissatisfaction is

Max Sterling
08-27-2015, 07:16 AM
How's the life for A380 first officer? Can someone share some info please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ilsbird
08-27-2015, 08:46 PM
I am in the process of submitting my application on the Emirates Careers Page for First Officer position. However, the application wont let me move forward after the Work Experience page as I entered all my work experience and I get the error message quote " NO ITEMS CORRESPOND TO THE CRITERIA, PLEASE SELECT OTHER CRITERIA" I have completed everything accurately till now so I am lost as what am I doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Fetzervalve
08-28-2015, 08:21 AM
How's the life for A380 first officer? Can someone share some info please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The two people I know on the A380 at EK are both looking to exit.

hungarypilot
08-31-2015, 12:27 PM
So what are the new hiring mins for an FO? I've looked everywhere on their website I couldn't find anything. All you need is English level 4 and ATPL. Is that it? Wish they were more specific. I don't mind staying in Dubai, it's a great city. Just need to know more details about their requirements.

Natca
08-31-2015, 12:53 PM
So what are the new hiring mins for an FO? I've looked everywhere on their website I couldn't find anything. All you need is English level 4 and ATPL. Is that it? Wish they were more specific. I don't mind staying in Dubai, it's a great city. Just need to know more details about their requirements.

Unwritten mins 4000 - 5000 total 2000 EFIS

biteme
08-31-2015, 05:46 PM
My buddy WANTED to work for Emirates and during the interview they flat out said, "You are Jewish so we are not going to hire you". He's not Jewish at all! Anyways, just a legally racist organization, government subsidized, upgrade is if they like you they upgrade you, three year contract(at least it was I believe) and Dubai is not the Paradise it seems. Lots of things to remind you of the third world, *****s everywhere wanting your hard earned money but there are nice people there. Oh, the national pastime is shopping at the mall. What the heck else do you do when it's 160 degrees out! (just kidding). Really peeved me what they said to my friend. On a side note, i do like flying as a passenger on Emirates. They hire hot, young flight attendants and the service is very good.

cruiseclimb
09-02-2015, 06:12 PM
I spent years living in Bahrain and Dubai.. I would never go back there again...

NEDude
09-03-2015, 03:19 AM

Agreed, although for me it would be EU bases. Commuting options would be acceptable too. But definitely not going as an FO and not moving my family to the middle east.

hungarypilot
09-06-2015, 08:00 PM
My buddy WANTED to work for Emirates and during the interview they flat out said, "You are Jewish so we are not going to hire you". He's not Jewish at all! Anyways, just a legally racist organization, government subsidized, upgrade is if they like you they upgrade you, three year contract(at least it was I believe) and Dubai is not the Paradise it seems. Lots of things to remind you of the third world, *****s everywhere wanting your hard earned money but there are nice people there. Oh, the national pastime is shopping at the mall. What the heck else do you do when it's 160 degrees out! (just kidding). Really peeved me what they said to my friend. On a side note, i do like flying as a passenger on Emirates. They hire hot, young flight attendants and the service is very good.

I've always flown either Emirates, Qatar, or Etihad. They always have great service for the px but seems like not a great place to work

ShyGuy
09-06-2015, 08:23 PM

I can guarantee you El Al does not have Muslim pilots. It cuts both ways.

Whip Whitaker
09-07-2015, 12:56 AM
No minimum hours any more...They lowered their mins...very desperate...losing upwards of 10% per month was posted by several pilots...

If we were losing 10% a month that would mean all our current pilots would be gone in 10 months. I think you mean a 10% rate for the year.

ShyGuy
09-07-2015, 01:50 AM
If we were losing 10% a month that would mean all our current pilots would be gone in 10 months. I think you mean a 10% rate for the year.

Actually that's not quite how the math works. Losing 10% does not linearly go to 0 in 10 months. Say you have 100 pilots. Losing 10% a month means down to 90 in one month. Losing 10% again means down to 81. 10% again means down to ~73. Then 10% again 65.61, and so it goes 59.05, 53.14, 47.83, 43.05, 38.74, and 34.87.

So if you started with 100 pilots and lost 10% every month then by month 10 you'd have ~35 pilots left.

Whip Whitaker
09-07-2015, 05:39 AM
Actually that's not quite how the math works. Losing 10% does not linearly go to 0 in 10 months. Say you have 100 pilots. Losing 10% a month means down to 90 in one month. Losing 10% again means down to 81. 10% again means down to ~73. Then 10% again 65.61, and so it goes 59.05, 53.14, 47.83, 43.05, 38.74, and 34.87.

So if you started with 100 pilots and lost 10% every month then by month 10 you'd have ~35 pilots left.

Thank you for that, I did take math in high school and college(and actually passed). I was just making a point that we weren't losing 10% of our pilots each month.

Summit to Sea
09-07-2015, 11:55 PM
Are the requirements on EK's website actually correct?
ICAO ATPL
English Level 4

I just applied with:
2300 hrs TT
1300 hrs Jet (small citation jets)
ICAO ATPL
English Level 6

Surely i meet these requirements, and if so, why did i get the rejection email saying they require

A minimum of 4000 hours total flying time including 2000 hrs on multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft.
- OR -
2500 hrs on modern EFIS multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft with a MTOW of greater than 30T

Natca
09-08-2015, 06:12 AM
Are the requirements on EK's website actually correct?
ICAO ATPL
English Level 4

I just applied with:
2300 hrs TT
1300 hrs Jet (small citation jets)
ICAO ATPL
English Level 6

Surely i meet these requirements, and if so, why did i get the rejection email saying they require

A minimum of 4000 hours total flying time including 2000 hrs on multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft.
- OR -
2500 hrs on modern EFIS multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft with a MTOW of greater than 30T

I said the same thing.

atpcliff
09-08-2015, 06:41 AM
It's not a net loss...there are new hires every month.

The guys on pprune said the official loss rate is 4% a month, and that's because anyone over 50 is NOT officially leaving...they are retired and don't countin the official loss rate. Pprune guys says the actual loss rate is 11-14% a month. I don't know how many new joiners per month, so I don't know the net loss per month.

Whip Whitaker
09-08-2015, 07:30 AM
Sorry Cliff but I actually work at EK and can actually look at our seniority list. We are not losing anywhere close to 4% a month. That would be 140 pilots leaving each month. 11% a month equals 385 pilots leaving each month. But I guess if its on PPrune it must be true.

PILOTGUY
09-08-2015, 09:16 AM
Then look a little harder. There are ghost pilots on the list still that quit over 6 months ago. The seniority list is worthless.
I have heard from a reliable source that is almost touching 5% at one point in recent months.

Sliceback
09-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Wouldn't the proof in the pudding be to post the initials, DOH's, seniority number, and last month flown by the 'ghost' pilots?

If it's dozens, or hundreds, of 'ghost' pilots it should be pretty easy to get supporting data.

Whip Whitaker
09-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Pilotguy, with all due respect this isnt Rocket Science. If 5% of the pilots were leaving MONTHLY, that would be roughly 190 pilots gone each month. About 2300 pilots a YEAR. Do you really believe that many are leaving? I can see a 5 or 10% YEARLY rate however.

NEDude
09-08-2015, 11:05 PM
Clearly the attrition rate cannot be a consistent 5-10% each month. That is simply not sustainable and Emirates would be cancelling several flights per day/week/month if attrition were that high each month.

The real proof of their pilot situation is just like at other airlines around the world. When they are truly hurting for pilots they initially require more block hours from pilots on staff and increase recruitment activities. If that is insufficient they will then reduce required qualifications. Lastly they will begin to improve pay/benefits and working conditions. What has Emirates been doing in this list? From what I can read here and in other places is that they are requiring more block hours from pilots (and reducing or eliminating vacations) and they are stepping up recruitment activities. So clearly they are feeling the pinch at some level. They may have even begun to reduce required qualifications. But clearly they are not at the point where they are desperate enough to improve pay/benefits and working conditions.

Emirates does have a great product for its passengers and has clearly become a global force in air transportation. But for most of us Dubai is a LONG way from home and if you are a westerner, it is surrounded by a lot of not so friendly places. When those factors are combined with the 800 pound gorilla located northeast east of Dubai, China, that is offering ungodly amounts of money, commuting contracts and the ability to remain in the left seat, or in some cases a very quick upgrade for experienced FOs, Emirates has lost a lot of its lustre. In all honesty I hate China. But I make significantly more than I would at Emirates, and I have a commuting contract that allows me to still maintain my residence in the country of my choice, and I get six months vacation annually. In many ways I would be attracted to Emirates, but until they can come close to what I currently have, they are out of luck.

fatbus
09-09-2015, 02:02 AM
Most pilots have been doing full blocks for awhile now. 777 seems to be gaining the undesirable flights while the 380 takes the better ones. 330 mostly crap flights but all 330/340 retired in the next 18 months . Of course there will be those that say the 330 wil never leave. 330 pilots rumoured to being transferred to 380 in October after being told next year. The overall pilot numbers has not increased fir some time. Indicating @ 10% attrition over the past 12/18 months but don't quote me on that. Next year brings a lot of new aircraft but don't know about retirements. Depending on what you read 30 to 50 fleet increase over the next 9 years 250 up to 300. Even some of the early 380 are planned to be retired by then. The orders sound impressive but are mainly replacements.

AsianSensastion
09-09-2015, 04:48 AM
I read recently that Emirates cannot grow more than 260-300 planes until the new airport at Al-Maktoum opens fully. Then i heard it can grow to 450+. That is if Airbus keeps making the A380 and if Emirates will keep and get more pilots.

flyby30
09-10-2015, 03:15 AM
If there was a US base, Emirates would have to follow US labor laws to US based crews right? Like the right to Unionize, etc?

Since the IRS came up with this FATCA (foreign account tax compliant act) in March 2010 and FBAR (foreign bank account report) this is specifically for US nationals working abroad, now they are on hunt for those that have not properly filed and/or disclose bank accounts correctly. There is a credit of $99300 per year tax free then after is taxed at......I believe 30% up to 39.5 % if u cross 250k a year (i think)
Dubai has no double tax agreement with US so u pay uncle sam in full.
I hear Dubai is a tax free country but there are some services that are taxed at 10% and the latest is they are exploring ways to tax more.....so be careful when u accept work overseas.....

gopinjr
09-10-2015, 06:16 AM
So, I don't want to hear from people saying "stay away" or "count your blessings" but I received this e-mail from Emirates today after applying yesterday. What does it mean? I have and ATP and indicated english proficient on the app. When it says "technically proficient and experienced pilots on multi-crew, multi-engine commercial aircraft", does this mean 121? I have quite a bit of time in corporate aircraft but nothing over 25k lbs.

"We are writing in relation to your application to join Emirates as a First Officer. We have now had the opportunity to review your application.

Currently, Emirates' minimum requirements are as follows:

First Officers

- Technically proficient and experienced pilots on multi-crew, multi-engine commercial aircraft.
- ICAO ATPL (not frozen)
- ICAO English level 4 or above.
- Preference will be given to applicants with international commercial airline experience

Please continue to update your application at our website Pilots (http://www.emirates.com/pilots) to ensure that your professional experience (including flying hours, aircraft types and dates flown) is correctly reflected.

Thank you for your interest in Emirates.
Yours sincerely,

Pilot Recruitment"

AsianSensastion
09-10-2015, 06:26 AM
I have friends with more than 3000 TT in CRJ900 (over 36tons) not getting an invite. What is going on

sasuke
09-10-2015, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=gopinjr;1968002]So, I don't want to hear from people saying "stay away" or "count your blessings" but I received this e-mail from Emirates today after applying yesterday. What does it mean? I have and ATP and indicated english proficient on the app. When it says "technically proficient and experienced pilots on multi-crew, multi-engine commercial aircraft", does this mean 121? I have quite a bit of time in corporate aircraft but nothing over 25k lbs.

Gopinjr

1. It's your technical knowledge: Aircraft Sys, SOP, Performanace, etc.

2. Non Single Pilot flying

3. No worries I have met a few folks that have corporate flying granted they had prior 121 and current M.E. flying when they joined.

4. They stack your experience based on the pool or banks of applicants they have. With the recent downgrade of minimums and once things get sorted, you guys should started getting contacted soon.

Sasuke

Sniper66
09-20-2015, 06:48 AM
I have friends with more than 3000 TT in CRJ900 (over 36tons) not getting an invite. What is going on

And I know people who pencil whipped most of their 700 times to meet the requirements and are captains today and by the way failed check rides and type rating events ,,,,,

Slaveaway
09-29-2015, 12:06 PM
I have had my stuff into for two months still nothing. Anyone know what the key to getting a call is?

Kapitanleutnant
09-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Slaveaway….

Your name here will be your lifestyle at EK. You'll be a perfect fit!

Have you ever asked yourself why there is an average of 1 pilot per day resigning currently???

Best of luck to you, though! Enjoy your 96 hours a month!

Kap

Grumble
09-29-2015, 09:14 PM
Thank you for that, I did take math in high school and college(and actually passed). I was just making a point that we weren't losing 10% of our pilots each month.

If that were the case you'd know that if you lose 10% of something per month then you can never get to zero, not lose the entire roster. :rolleyes:

Unless you want to be a second/third class citizen in a miserably hot and racist part of the world... Look elsewhere.

busdrvnsob
09-30-2015, 10:09 AM
They may not be that keen on hiring US pilots right now. Statistically speaking, you will leave after three years of abuse.

You can debate the attrition percentages. Fact of the matter is that they are short of pilots.

People are resigning and the recruitment numbers are keeping things even at best. Hence the reduction in hiring minimums to broaden their prospective "pool" of pilots.

Even if you have attractive experience and flight time numbers, I believe their intention is to hire people less likely to leave. At least for the foreseeable future.

If you really are keen on EK, I wish you the best of luck. Beware, it is not the Utopia. Far from it. So if it does not come to fruition ...better things are in wait for you.

Kapitanleutnant
09-30-2015, 11:11 AM
Just some more fodder for y'all….

Just read an FO got 110 hours for his October bid. This includes bunk time which at EK is not counted towards your yearly max. But you are paid for.

110 hours…. Really that's what awaits you as an FO at EK as they are that short!!

K

Grumble
09-30-2015, 12:46 PM
Just some more fodder for y'all….

Just read an FO got 110 hours for his October bid. This includes bunk time which at EK is not counted towards your yearly max. But you are paid for.

110 hours…. Really that's what awaits you as an FO at EK as they are that short!!

K

Meanwhile back in the U.S. guys at the majors are crediting 150-200 hours plus at the majors, and NOT flying 110 hours.

The way EKs pay works, flying overtime is criminally disadvantageous,

Concorde001
10-03-2015, 09:17 AM
And I know people who pencil whipped most of their 700 times to meet the requirements and are captains today and by the way failed check rides and type rating events ,,,,,
Wow, really? Hard to believe.
Don't they ask for PRIA paperwork and or verify the times, employment?

The Dominican
10-03-2015, 10:42 AM
Wow, really? Hard to believe.
Don't they ask for PRIA paperwork and or verify the times, employment?
Although there is a serious problem with pilots getting creative with their resumes on the international expat market.... The more reputable companies do comprehensive employment background checks and EK is one of those companies so personally I don't put too much credit on this story..., besides the fact that training at EK is not the easiest thing to pass so somebody with deficiencies in their airmanship would have an uphill battle, and without the protection of employment laws and unions, I would suspect that those deficiencies would be apparent during training at this particular airline, their typical failure rate is at around 20% the last I spoke with one of their instructors.

There are many stories about the international expat pilot market that keep being repeated up to the point that people swear by them..., but all they are is stories!

Typhoonpilot
10-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Although there is a serious problem with pilots getting creative with their resumes on the international expat market.... The more reputable companies do comprehensive employment background checks and EK is one of those companies so personally I don't put too much credit on this story..., besides the fact that training at EK is not the easiest thing to pass so somebody with deficiencies in their airmanship would have an uphill battle, and without the protection of employment laws and unions, I would suspect that those deficiencies would be apparent during training at this particular airline, their typical failure rate is at around 20% the last I spoke with one of their instructors.

There are many stories about the international expat pilot market that keep being repeated up to the point that people swear by them..., but all they are is stories!

True that some of the guys with Parker pen time get caught out in training, but not all.

Emirates' background checks are not that good to be honest. I've had people ask me about DUIs and such. The answer straight from recruiting at the time was, "just don't put it down, they don't check".

When Varig went out of business a lot of late 30s, early 40s guys showed up as DECs with 3000 PIC in the MD-11. Yeah right!!, Varig was a very senior airline, there is no way those guys had PIC time in the MD-11.

Typhoonpilot

Sniper66
11-15-2015, 07:17 PM
True that some of the guys with Parker pen time get caught out in training, but not all.

Emirates' background checks are not that good to be honest. I've had people ask me about DUIs and such. The answer straight from recruiting at the time was, "just don't put it down, they don't check".

When Varig went out of business a lot of late 30s, early 40s guys showed up as DECs with 3000 PIC in the MD-11. Yeah right!!, Varig was a very senior airline, there is no way those guys had PIC time in the MD-11.

Typhoonpilot

Did you go as a direct entry back at 01 or 02 ?

Sliceback
11-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Sniper - I think it was 2003.

Typhoonpilot
11-17-2015, 04:53 AM
Did you go as a direct entry back at 01 or 02 ?

No

The first of that generation of DECs was not hired until mid-2003. All pilots hired in 2001, 2002, and up until about August 2003 were hired as First Officers.

That's back before you guys knew where Dubai was in the world ;)

TP

Sniper66
11-17-2015, 08:43 AM
No

The first of that generation of DECs was not hired until mid-2003. All pilots hired in 2001, 2002, and up until about August 2003 were hired as First Officers.

That's back before you guys knew where Dubai was in the world ;)

TP

I knew where Dubai was when they had camels !! Born and raised not too far from it

Now you ?
I doubt it since Usair was only flying in the NE and you are not ex military

Stop insulting people with your knowledge, we just asked you a simple questions dude

sasuke
11-18-2015, 01:03 AM
Sniper66,

TP is not insulting you or anyone that's why he made sure he put a "winky smiley face". I'm not sure if you saw that. It's sarcasm.

Sasuke.

Flyinaway247
11-28-2015, 12:07 PM
I recently interviewed with Emirates Airlines and I was wondering how long does it take for them to contact your references? I have read that it can take anywhere from one week to six weeks but most of the posts were from few years back. So if someone who has recently been offered the job can tell me exactly how long they waited, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

sasuke
12-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Approximately within 10 business days. Make sure your referrences are credible and their letters constructively positive.

The Dominican
12-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Approximately within 10 business days. Make sure your referrences are credible and their letters constructively positive.

Either anyone that gets creative with a pen gets through or your resume has to be credible.....????? Make up your minds people! :rolleyes:

Flyinaway247
12-09-2015, 09:41 AM

It's been six weeks since I interviewed and last week I sent a email to find out what is going on, they replied back saying that my application is still in the approval stages. I have no idea what does that mean. Just waiting and hoping to hear something soon.

ghann001
12-17-2015, 09:54 AM
Any one has an update on minimums!! Jet time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starship
12-17-2015, 12:25 PM
Was watching Southern Justice on the National Geographic Channel one afternoon and saw what seemed like a minute long Emirates commercial featuring a woman pilot from the USA. Seemed pretty glamorous from 'their' perspective. After watching it again they had her sitting in the left seat in a few snippets but she only has three strips. She be hot though ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpUJR129m_s

Extenda
12-17-2015, 01:58 PM
Was watching Southern Justice on the National Geographic Channel one afternoon and saw what seemed like a minute long Emirates commercial featuring a woman pilot from the USA. Seemed pretty glamorous from 'their' perspective. After watching it again they had her sitting in the left seat in a few snippets but she only has three strips. She be hot though ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpUJR129m_s

That was strange. How many times did she say "girly girl"?

It had a really scientology vibe to it.

jayrogers1306
12-21-2015, 04:01 AM
Emirates offer careers in Aviation IT across the travel, transportation or leisure industry and are looking for talented professional. They are currently seeking highly motivated, experienced IT professionals for career opportunities across a wide spectrum of roles.

intrepidcv11
12-25-2015, 03:37 AM
That was strange. How many times did she say "girly girl"?

It had a really scientology vibe to it.

And according to mutual friend she has her apps in at AMR, DAL, FDX and UAL. Glamourous indeed...

The Dominican
12-25-2015, 03:49 AM
It is not of our business who she has applications with....., that is PRIVATE information that shouldn't be published here without her consent

Sliceback
12-25-2015, 04:14 AM
If that keeps up EK won't use any more U.S. pilots in their advertising.

trip
12-25-2015, 06:29 AM
That was glamorous shot of her calling for LAV!
When you put your life in the public it becomes very hard to stay private.

The Dominican
12-25-2015, 09:46 AM
Nonsense......! Just because she did a commertial...., doesn't gives us the right to publish details about her professional nor personal life..!

Notwithstanding that it is against this site policy as well.

I kindly ask that the moderators remove the information

CousinEddie
12-28-2015, 08:01 AM
Nonsense......! Just because she did a commertial...., doesn't gives us the right to publish details about her professional nor personal life..!

Notwithstanding that it is against this site policy as well.

I kindly ask that the moderators remove the information

Why not? She seems more than willing to publish them herself. But hey, a widebody Captain at age 33. I give her full credit for a highly unusual accomplishment being achieved via a highly unusual avenue. Some would choose to be humble about it, others..... not so much.

The female pilot working for Emirates (http://7days.ae/female-pilot-taking-on-the-mans-world/67663)

Otterbox
12-28-2015, 08:28 AM
If that keeps up EK won't use any more U.S. pilots in their advertising.

They do it to themselves. Treating their western expat pilots like 3rd world guest workers isn't going to get them employee longevity.

I really like Dubai and used to want to work for Emirates before I talked to a couple of their 777 captains at the pool at the Westin Beach resort. They literally had to look over their shoulder every time they answered a question about QOL, work, benefits etc. as even expressing their opinion about the company (that was very reserved) could have gotten them fired. They said they were writing LORs for all their co-workers at the Legacies they were furloughed from and recommended to stick with US carriers with employee protections.

Skitz
12-29-2015, 05:43 AM
So got the invite for an interview w Emirates next month. I have looked around on the boards and can't find too many recent or definitive answers on how to prep for the interview. Is there any go-to interview prep (aero-crew, cage, etc...) that guys/gals go to for Emirates? I just got the outline from them and it sounds Intense!!!

Spin
12-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Skitz, go to pprune.org

Skitz
12-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Skitz, go to pprune.org

Ha thanks Spin,

LOTS of good info there for sure!

atpcliff
12-29-2015, 03:06 PM
propilotworld also has emirates info...

Kapitanleutnant
12-31-2015, 11:58 AM
Skitz....

As a former EK guy, I really wonder if you realise what you're about to get yourself into. Have you really done your homework on what its' like there?

It looks great from the outside... brilliant marketing dept for this. But you are akin to slave labor once you've resigned from your current employer and are stuck there (golden handcuffs we say).

Rosters are absolutely atrocious with most... seriously... MOST guys flying 98 hours a month. Might not sound that bad but when you combine that amount of flying with the non-circadium rhythmic of those 98 hours, it wreaks havoc on your body.... young or old.

42 days of vacation a year? Nope. Again brilliant marketing but by law, they only have to give 30 and with so many guys resigning and not the quality of guys coming in to replace them, the ones who stay at EK have to pick up the slack and fly upward of 100 plus hours in some cases. you'll only get 30 days per year... and worse, it can be and at times will be given in spurts of 4-5 days at a time. No credit give for those vacation days either.

You need to be really desperate from your current job to join EK. I know it looks so good from the outside, but try to find someone on the inside and discover what it's like when you scratch the surface.

It's simply a punitive culture that gets worse as more guys leave making those who stay have to fly those 100 hours I'm talking about month, after month, after month, 4 days vacation, month after month after month etc....

I hope you the picture.

Kap
(Escapee)

Natca
01-03-2016, 04:33 AM
Skitz....

As a former EK guy, I really wonder if you realise what you're about to get yourself into. Have you really done your homework on what its' like there?

It looks great from the outside... brilliant marketing dept for this. But you are akin to slave labor once you've resigned from your current employer and are stuck there (golden handcuffs we say).

Rosters are absolutely atrocious with most... seriously... MOST guys flying 98 hours a month. Might not sound that bad but when you combine that amount of flying with the non-circadium rhythmic of those 98 hours, it wreaks havoc on your body.... young or old.

42 days of vacation a year? Nope. Again brilliant marketing but by law, they only have to give 30 and with so many guys resigning and not the quality of guys coming in to replace them, the ones who stay at EK have to pick up the slack and fly upward of 100 plus hours in some cases. you'll only get 30 days per year... and worse, it can be and at times will be given in spurts of 4-5 days at a time. No credit give for those vacation days either.

You need to be really desperate from your current job to join EK. I know it looks so good from the outside, but try to find someone on the inside and discover what it's like when you scratch the surface.

It's simply a punitive culture that gets worse as more guys leave making those who stay have to fly those 100 hours I'm talking about month, after month, after month, 4 days vacation, month after month after month etc....

I hope you the picture.

Kap
(Escapee)

I absolutely agree with this, these middle eastern and asian carriers are doing what US regionals were doing to people pre colgan era and they dont have to deal with unions.... watch out - PFT and 3rd world pilots are common, they just put all the responsibility on the captains and the rest of the pilots are just a body to fill a seat in the eyes of the upper bean counters.

The Dominican
01-03-2016, 11:07 AM
I absolutely agree with this, these middle eastern and asian carriers are doing what US regionals were doing to people pre colgan era and they dont have to deal with unions.... watch out - PFT and 3rd world pilots are common, they just put all the responsibility on the captains and the rest of the pilots are just a body to fill a seat in the eyes of the upper bean counters.

Try not to paint with a broad brush.......!

I won't speak about the ME but Asia is pretty big and it contains many countries and many companies...:rolleyes:

At my gig, we adopted the new rest rules over a year before it was adopted in the USA. We adopted those rules regardless of you flying cargo or passengers (not even done in the US) our ULH rules are better than what the majors in the US are using at the moment.

I have many friends flying ULH in China at the moment and their work rules are actually pretty good...!

There is indeed a great need for pilots out here because of the growth but training is very comprehensive...., it takes years for one of these cadets to join the line, I don't agree with mixing the standards in India or Indonesia with the standards in China or Japan just because they are in Asia.

Third world pilots???? The majority of pilots flying the expat market in Asia today are from Oceania, The EU and the USA....????

What on earth are you talking about?

Natca
01-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Try not to paint with a broad brush.......!

I won't speak about the ME but Asia is pretty big and it contains many countries and many companies...:rolleyes:

At my gig, we adopted the new rest rules over a year before it was adopted in the USA. We adopted those rules regardless of you flying cargo or passengers (not even done in the US) our ULH rules are better than what the majors in the US are using at the moment.

I have many friends flying ULH in China at the moment and their work rules are actually pretty good...!

There is indeed a great need for pilots out here because of the growth but training is very comprehensive...., it takes years for one of these cadets to join the line, I don't agree with mixing the standards in India or Indonesia with the standards in China or Japan just because they are in Asia.

Third world pilots???? The majority of pilots flying the expat market in Asia today are from Oceania, The EU and the USA....????

What on earth are you talking about?

Ok true take japan lut of that block but in my neck of the woods indian, south african, and random ex ussr pssports are the new prevelace as the labor is cheaper. Yes the older folks are typically good but many of the new cadets or direct entry folks ive been flying with come from the third world.

Makanakis
01-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Emirates increases service to Los Angeles with launch of second daily flight (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/middle-east/item/3103-emirates-increases-service-to-los-angeles-with-launch-of-second-daily-flight)

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1