Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Falcon Aviation Academy-Georgia

tcode3
09-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Hello all I wanted to see if I could get some advice for the future. In 4 years I will be retiring from 20yrs as a police officer. I was looking at a becoming a pilot. Why do you ask? Well there are a number of reasons I suppose. One being I will be unable to collect my retirement until I am 65 so I will have to work. I realize that the pay is low [I am accustom to low pay] I figure that based on my age [45] that I will not make it passed a regional but you never know… With that said, I was looking at Falcon Aviation Academy located in Georgia. I was hoping to hear if someone had any experience with this flight school. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy flying…

mexipilot84
09-10-2015, 08:45 PM
I did most of my flight training there. Really good staff and they were very accommodating. Decent aircraft rates too if you sign up for a program and prepay for flying. Wasn't a fan of the DA20 as I'm not a 5'3" Chinese student so it's a bit tight, but did the job since it was cheap.

They have multiple locations, I used Both CCO and FFC. It's been years since I've been there but I had a good experience there and their 141 program was excellent for a VA benefit pilot like myself.

Call and schedule a tour get a flight instructor that's knowledgeable and there for the long run!

tcode3
09-12-2015, 01:58 PM
I did most of my flight training there. Really good staff and they were very accommodating. Decent aircraft rates too if you sign up for a program and prepay for flying. Wasn't a fan of the DA20 as I'm not a 5'3" Chinese student so it's a bit tight, but did the job since it was cheap.

They have multiple locations, I used Both CCO and FFC. It's been years since I've been there but I had a good experience there and their 141 program was excellent for a VA benefit pilot like myself.

Call and schedule a tour get a flight instructor that's knowledgeable and there for the long run!

I took your advice and drove down to the Peachtree location. I liked what I saw. The only problem is that I live in Cumming. It took me an hour and 45 minutes to get there without traffic. I can only imagine what it would take if traffic was bad.... so I guess I will look at other schools closer to me. Thanks for the reply.

mexipilot84
09-12-2015, 09:11 PM
It's been a while but thought they had a PDK location? Or did they close it?

tcode3
09-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Closed 2 or 3 years ago... I am now looking a Lanire Flight Center....The main office is in GVL... They also have an office at PDK. So we will see....

Apejackson
09-14-2015, 03:29 AM
Falcon has a location in Athens that would probably work better for you.

tcode3
09-14-2015, 01:14 PM
Going on Saturday to check out the Athens location... Still it might be a long ride but we will see.....

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1