Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

caylejqx
11-01-2015, 12:18 PM
So my intention as of now is to begin college for my AAS at my local college this Spring. I will be using my Post 9/11 GIB for this. I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find the right answer so maybe someone on here knows... Am I able to use the remainder of the Post 9/11 GIB to knock out some of my flight training without going through one of the flight/college programs schools offer or is my GIB completely gone after I graduate with my AAS?

kingsnake2
11-02-2015, 07:00 AM
I believe that will depend on 1)How many years/semesters of benefits you are entitled to and 2) how many semesters your AAS takes.

If you had leftovers, yes, I'm fairly certain you can use them at a vocational, Part 141 flight school.

caylejqx
11-02-2015, 08:34 AM
I believe that will depend on 1)How many years/semesters of benefits you are entitled to and 2) how many semesters your AAS takes.

If you had leftovers, yes, I'm fairly certain you can use them at a vocational, Part 141 flight school.

Awesome thanks for the input.

uavking
11-02-2015, 10:14 AM
To put this whole months of entitlement thing into perspective, I used about 14 months on flying at a community college through commercial multi, another 18 on an MBA at ASU, and still have about a semester worth to use on whatever. If there is any way you can get some CLEP credit knocked out for basics like English, History, etc., that would save you from potentially wasting entitlement on cheap credits.