Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : eLogbooks for Apple OS/iOS

Larry in TN
11-10-2015, 08:09 AM
What are the top electronic logbook programs for Apple OS/iOS?

I use Logbook Pro on Windows but need some options for a former student of mine who does everything on Apple platforms. He's still a low-time PP but is looking at starting on the instrument, commercial, CFI path soon and may end up on an airline track down the road. I'd like to give him a few options to look at.

Toonces
11-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Microsoft Excel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyhawk48Z
11-10-2015, 10:10 AM
I use LogTen Pro on my iPad. Only bad thing about it is the price.

FlexNinja
11-27-2015, 09:42 AM
I use LogTen Pro on my iPad. Only bad thing about it is the price.

I hear Log Ten is basically like Logbook Pro but for apple exclusive. Im stuck in the middle, already knee deep in Pro, but Im transitioning into all Apple devices. My PC is coming up on 10 years old and I dont plan on replacing it. If it takes a dump, im going to be toast.

SlimIV
11-27-2015, 12:27 PM
My FLIGHTBOOK is a free app. it gets the job done.

skytrekker
11-27-2015, 12:41 PM
<https://itunes.apple.com/no/app/fltcrew-ilog-...-airline-crew/id288900569?mt=8>

Developer is a 121 Legacy Captain. One time price.

<http://www.fltcrewresources.com/FCL/Home_Page.html>

TNDeltaFlyboy
11-27-2015, 01:29 PM
I hear Log Ten is basically like Logbook Pro but for apple exclusive. Im stuck in the middle, already knee deep in Pro, but Im transitioning into all Apple devices. My PC is coming up on 10 years old and I dont plan on replacing it. If it takes a dump, im going to be toast.

Get a cheap copy of Windows and partition 30-40GB for it with Boot Camp or Parallels on the Mac if you can spare it. That's the best way to stay with LBP and may be cheaper and cost less time to convert to another platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fiveninerzero
11-28-2015, 05:39 PM
I use Zululog. They have a website, and apps for iOS that should work for that person.

yerongard
12-02-2015, 11:32 AM
If you have Apple products, just fork up the $100 for logten pro on your laptop.

You may not use all the features it provides for training. Once you are flying professionally, the schedule importer and 117 tracker will save your life. Not to mention the print outs for interviews.

bmurphy130
12-06-2015, 08:34 PM
What are the top electronic logbook programs for Apple OS/iOS?

I use Logbook Pro on Windows but need some options for a former student of mine who does everything on Apple platforms. He's still a low-time PP but is looking at starting on the instrument, commercial, CFI path soon and may end up on an airline track down the road. I'd like to give him a few options to look at.

I purchased LogTen Pro a month or two ago and have been pretty satisfied with it. Also went and purchased the iOS component as well.

TSRAGR
12-07-2015, 02:47 AM
I converted all three of my paper logs to log ten pro. Hate the price, love the results. The amount of data it can output is great. If you're not an excel genius, get log ten, well worth it in my opinion.

Le flyGuy
12-07-2015, 02:26 PM
I am current using log ten pro x and would like to transfer all my paper log books over (about 8k hours worth). Does anyone recommend a company to do this? Thanks