Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

FL2204
11-13-2015, 11:22 AM
Just got the greatest news. Now that I have been admitted to the best regional, i was wondering if someone out there might have info on what to expect.

Thank you

Phteven
11-13-2015, 11:27 AM
The best regional? Haha. Awesome.

You can expect ground school, sim training, IOE, reserve, and maybe a commute - just like the other regionals that aren't the "best."

prex8390
11-13-2015, 11:39 AM
Best regional? Lol.
It's gonna be hard and it's gonna suck just like every other regional. Welcome to the airlines.

vtpilot
11-13-2015, 11:51 AM
Drink lots of Koolaid for breakfast and show up an hour early for class.. Don't worry about anything else. You'll fit in just fine.

snackysmores
11-13-2015, 11:55 AM
This is low effort.

FrequentFly3r
11-13-2015, 12:09 PM
Don't forget to kneel and pray towards SGU four times daily. Memorize the first officer creed verbatim before you start on the limitations and memory items. Stay hydrated with koolaid and you'll be out on the line in no time.

NovemberBravo
11-13-2015, 12:12 PM
Its not like being at mainline it IS MAINLINE!

Check Complete
11-13-2015, 12:47 PM
Too easy, pass......

FaceBiter
11-13-2015, 12:53 PM
Just say what you need to say.

grkero
11-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Just say what you need to say.

I lol'd.

Well done.

SubwaySandwich
11-13-2015, 01:04 PM
White Shirt, Name Tag, Black Tie, Black pants, bicycle helmet, bicycle and of course the good book. Must reside in low income neighborhood to be the most effective.

pilotwithnoname
11-13-2015, 01:07 PM
Don't forget to bring your kneeboard to sim with you. If you dont bring one your instructors will make fun of you.

myoface
11-13-2015, 01:20 PM
It's all about the right kind of Jammies.

FL2204
11-13-2015, 02:43 PM
FrequentFly3r. About the first officer creed verbatim, limitations and memory items. Are you referring to the package they sent out?
How about the flow. Do you have that? Can you share?
Thanks

Phteven
11-13-2015, 03:09 PM
FrequentFly3r. About the first officer creed verbatim, limitations and memory items. Are you referring to the package they sent out?

How about the flow. Do you have that? Can you share?

Thanks

Remember to have your right hand on the Bibl..err..Book of Mormon when you recite the creed. Big fib a lot of new guys make.

As for the flow, on your first day of ground school they will ask you whether you want to flow to United, American, or Delta so you just have to choose at that time.

Bellanca
11-13-2015, 03:30 PM
Don't forget to bring your kneeboard to sim with you. If you dont bring one your instructors will make fun of you.

And foggles/hood for instrument time! How are you going to log approaches without that?!

tinman1
11-13-2015, 03:31 PM
As for the flow, on your first day of ground school they will ask you whether you want to flow to United, American, or Delta so you just have to choose at that time.

Which you should respectfully deny because after all, you now practically fly for mainline and get the privilege of being based in California.

Geardownflaps30
11-13-2015, 03:33 PM
Oh. I thought "the flow" was something you got from a flight attendant?!

Phteven
11-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Which you should respectfully deny because after all, you now practically fly for mainline and get the privilege of being based in California at the best regional.

Fixed it for ya

ThreeStripe
11-13-2015, 03:53 PM
Where is that George Zimmerman visual when you need it?

FaceBiter
11-13-2015, 04:12 PM
So much jelly in dis thread.

Phteven
11-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Where is that George Zimmerman visual when you need it?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/hUW3OhWpqZJba/giphy.gif

ThreeStripe
11-13-2015, 06:22 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/hUW3OhWpqZJba/giphy.gif

Thanks. Now the thread is complete.

zondaracer
11-13-2015, 06:45 PM
You shoulda picked the E175. You would be at mainline in 2 years toppppsssss!!!!

FaceBiter
11-13-2015, 07:32 PM
The E175 is so mainline, drunk chicks you met on tinder don't even know the difference as long as you skew the "express".

Or so I've heard.

mpet
11-14-2015, 08:47 AM
Now that you qualify for the prestigious restricted ATP and passed the SkyWest interview you have every right to act like gods gift to aviation. Ignore everything your instructors say they are only trying to question your authority and assertiveness. Remember, the company needs you way more than you need them and don't listen to those who say otherwise for they do not know their own value. Josephsmithspeed my friend

Mjm8710
11-14-2015, 09:27 AM
Best regional...I beg to differ..unless you're truly flying for mainline..they all suck in some areas more than others.

But at least you got a lot of hot flight attendants. Not sure how you guys do it

Beretta01
11-14-2015, 09:30 AM
LOL, this guy is trolling hard. No way this is legit.

JB22
11-14-2015, 10:15 AM
im not sure Skywest is the best anymore. I had a friend who was here for 7 months leave to go to Compass last October and he upgraded to Captain in May. Seven months as an FO there and he already upgraded. That's a good regional. The upgrade time is 2 years so I'm not sure of I should go or stay now.

The training is good but lots of people are failing. I don't know why cause the ERJ175 Is an easy airplane to fly and we basically just sit there doing nothing. I am waiting for IOE. It seems lots of people are taking too much time on IOE. I just want to fly.

With more jets coming I hope the upgrade time drops lower than 2 years.

mexipilot84
11-14-2015, 02:27 PM
Matt Stone and Trey Parker in orgazmo comes to mind with the name plates under the wings.

Remember those FAs are not for you to fool around with, those are your captains 2 wives....

zondaracer
11-14-2015, 04:38 PM
im not sure Skywest is the best anymore. I had a friend who was here for 7 months leave to go to Compass last October and he upgraded to Captain in May. Seven months as an FO there and he already upgraded. That's a good regional. The upgrade time is 2 years so I'm not sure of I should go or stay now.

The training is good but lots of people are failing. I don't know why cause the ERJ175 Is an easy airplane to fly and we basically just sit there doing nothing. I am waiting for IOE. It seems lots of people are taking too much time on IOE. I just want to fly.

You should probably go before it's too late. Remember, seniority is everything.

Coneydog
11-14-2015, 07:24 PM

I sincerely hope you're kidding. You think spending 2 years of line flying is a 'long time' to upgrade??? It's the absolute bare minimum you should spend flying before you become an airline captian. Or do you have everything all figured out after a year??

word302
11-14-2015, 07:42 PM
I sincerely hope you're kidding. You think spending 2 years of line flying is a 'long time' to upgrade??? It's the absolute bare minimum you should spend flying before you become an airline captian. Or do you have everything all figured out after a year??

Obvious troll is obvious. Don't feed it.

FaceBiter
11-14-2015, 07:59 PM

Damn bro. You downed that hook like a champ.

Coneydog
11-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Is Skywest down to a 2 year upgrade? No wonder they're packing over 50 a class.

FaceBiter
11-14-2015, 08:09 PM
2 years x2.... supposedly there's 102 starting in the RJ alone this month. Plus the 175 guys.

Blackwing
11-14-2015, 10:17 PM

Those quick upgrades only apply I you've already got a bunch of 121 SIC time. Otherwise, you're looking at probably two years to accumulate that 1000 hrs.

Also, an acquaintance of mine at CPZ describes it as "Colgan 2.0". I'd consider my options carefully before accepting a job from Uncle Hulas.

ClickClickBoom
11-15-2015, 07:28 AM
Its like a unicorn fillet wrapped in bacon.

New Guy 007
11-15-2015, 05:11 PM

Hey JB22, can you take a minute and expand about your comment about a lot of people failing?

SMACFUM
11-15-2015, 05:44 PM
Hey JB22, can you take a minute and expand about your comment about a lot of people failing?

Don't listen to this guy, he's been trolling the SkyWest threads on and off for awhile now. He's full of it.

You have to really try hard to fail out of training at SkyWest. They bend over backwards to help you succeed. It's 99% attitude, they teach you what you need.

You have to be a flaming idiot to fail out of SkyWest training, or have a really rotten attitude/personality.

TheFly
11-15-2015, 07:47 PM
You have to be a flaming idiot to fail out of SkyWest training, or have a really rotten attitude/personality.

^What he said. Great folks in the training department, just don't get on the pizza list! :eek::D