Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : FAA Doc in Bangkok anyone?

Kapitanleutnant
11-17-2015, 10:13 AM
Guys...

I've got a few names from faa.gov for this but just wondering if anyone might have first hand experience with any of them.... ones you'd recommend and ones you'd steer clear of etc.

Just trying to extend a vacation a bit rather than have to come home early.

Thanks for any guidance on this one and it's much appreciated!

Kap

LostInAsia
11-17-2015, 07:05 PM
Take a quick trip to Singapore and use Dr. Medora. I used him a few times and he's really good and quick.

Don't remember any FAA docs in BKK, but if they are they will be associated with the aviation physiology department at Bumiphol hospital and you will likely get a full military physical.

HueyHerc
11-18-2015, 03:26 AM
I'll echo what LostInAsia said. I did one physical in BKK and it seemed like it took half a day. Can't remember which hospital but it was very thorough and unnecessarily long. I was just trying to get a Class III for the Thai Flying Club.

Also used Dr. Medora later on in Singapore for a Class I and was very pleased. Very quick and professional. Nice guy too.

HH

got2fly
11-18-2015, 06:58 AM
Sutuspun Kajornboon MD
at Bangkok Hospital.
662 310 3000

It does take about 3 hours. I used to get an 11 AM appointment. They take the urine specimen, then give you a voucher to have lunch at one of the restaurants in the building. Then go back after lunch for the rest of it. Takes longer than necessary, but a very professional operation all the way around.

Kapitanleutnant
11-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Thanks guys... very much appreciated. Honestly at my age, I'm not into the nice facilities and free lunches as I may have been earlier on but rather an "in & out" type place.

Got2fly, I think that was the place I had in mind as I've emailed them and set up a temp appointment. Guys name is Dr. Key/Kay I think. But when they said I'd need to fast before the medical for blood work, that was my first clue it was not a 20 minute check up I was hoping for. I don't ever recall blood work being done in my 30 plus years of airlines!

Guess I'm off to Singapore!!

Thanks again fellas!

Kap

myoface
11-18-2015, 06:23 PM
I am sure you can find one at Soi Cowboy....probably fairly thorough, but enjoyable at the same time.

Lucky8888
11-21-2015, 05:36 PM
I am sure you can find one at Soi Cowboy....probably fairly thorough, but enjoyable at the same time.

Haha. You are right on about that.

Probe
11-22-2015, 08:42 PM
The Doc in MNL on the FAA website is topnotch. She will come to your hotel with a small backpack, which includes an EKG machine. The whole thing is over in 15 minutes. She knows what an FAA medical is.

HVYMETALDRVR
11-22-2015, 08:43 PM

hahahahhah, look left and cough

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1