Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

View Full Version : New TSA Thread

Future Cpt Kirk
01-11-2016, 05:58 PM
So something is wrong with the TSA thread. It's been down for a couple of days. I thought since there are over 1100 pages on that thread, maybe it's time to start a new one? This can be it if you guys agree... If not I'll take it down. I'm an FO with the company btw.

Here's a potential question to start the new thread off. Who is hiring TSA pilots? Where are our guys/girls moving on to? I know Frontier is a big one... But where else? Any majors?

Also, anyone looking for info on the company, don't hesitate to contact me.

Riverside
01-11-2016, 07:24 PM
So something is wrong with the TSA thread. It's been down for a couple of days. I thought since there are over 1100 pages on that thread, maybe it's time to start a new one? This can be it if you guys agree... If not I'll take it down. I'm an FO with the company btw.

Here's a potential question to start the new thread off. Who is hiring TSA pilots? Where are our guys/girls moving on to? I know Frontier is a big one... But where else? Any majors?

Also, anyone looking for info on the company, don't hesitate to contact me.

Blows my mind people go to Frontier. But any who United, SWA, UPS, and FedEx been the popular one from IAD captains.

AaronFly4Livin
01-12-2016, 07:39 AM
Blows my mind people go to Frontier. But any who United, SWA, UPS, and FedEx been the popular one from IAD captains.

K2 is leaving...... We are losing a good one!

08udaviator
01-12-2016, 08:06 AM

When did you hear that?

CBreezy
01-12-2016, 08:09 AM
When did you hear that?

It's on comply. I don't think he was that good, honestly. He was only around mon afternoon through Thursday morning and spent all kinds of time when he was here trying to run his flight school. Plus, from people in the STC, he was kind of a d.

Riverside
01-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Still waiting for my phone/message to be replied from almost three years ago.

Case I
01-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Anybody have a link to, or a personal list of CrewTrac codes? I've scoured the CT site, our pubs, and www, but I can't find anything.

brokepilot2
01-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Anybody have a link to, or a personal list of CrewTrac codes? I've scoured the CT site, our pubs, and www, but I can't find anything.

http://tsamec.alpa.org/Committees/SchedulingPBS/tabid/8432/Default.aspx

PackPilot
01-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Hey guys, new member here. I'm hoping to join TSA this summer possibly at the new (hopefully?) RDU base. I'm planning on living in base, so I was curious if anyone has heard anything new about the RDU base, and how that's looking? Any word on the types of trips, etc. Will it be exclusively AA flying? I guess maybe nobody knows at this point, but thanks for any info.

Riverside
01-13-2016, 12:01 AM
Hey guys, new member here. I'm hoping to join TSA this summer possibly at the new (hopefully?) RDU base. I'm planning on living in base, so I was curious if anyone has heard anything new about the RDU base, and how that's looking? Any word on the types of trips, etc. Will it be exclusively AA flying? I guess maybe nobody knows at this point, but thanks for any info.

Nothing yet. Most of the AA flying is pretty boring. RDU, ORF, CLE, JFK, LGA, YUL, AND YYZ.

CBreezy
01-13-2016, 03:23 AM
Nothing yet. Most of the AA flying is pretty boring. RDU, ORF, CLE, JFK, LGA, YUL, AND YYZ.

Don't forget CHO. That place is hopping.

Riverside
01-13-2016, 03:28 AM
Don't forget CHO. That place is hopping.

There's a reason why I left CHO and PIT out :-)

waker92
01-13-2016, 05:09 AM
How are things rolling along at TSA? I am slotted for a march class and look forward to starting.

Is the movement and growth still happening? Any signs of changes to come? For me the biggest draws to this place are the bases and the movement.

I hear things from the PDT threads that they will be taking back some of the AA flying. Any thoughts on this?

Future Cpt Kirk
01-13-2016, 08:13 AM

Good to hear you're interested in coming aboard. Right now, TSA is a good place to be... Fast movement and a decent contract.

RDU is definitely opening. They interviewed for a chief pilot last week. It's supposed to open in Feb, though I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to March. If that's where you want to be based, and you can start soon, you will have it pretty good. You should be able to get RDU right away and spend little or maybe even no time on reserve... Again, if you start soon.

If you want more info on the company, shoot me an email. [email protected] I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Future Cpt Kirk
01-13-2016, 08:19 AM
How are things rolling along at TSA? I am slotted for a march class and look forward to starting.

Is the movement and growth still happening? Any signs of changes to come? For me the biggest draws to this place are the bases and the movement.

I hear things from the PDT threads that they will be taking back some of the AA flying. Any thoughts on this?

Things are still moving. We still have roughly 10-13 airplanes still to be delivered for the United side (not exactly sure of the number). And we are still well under our total hiring goal. So hiring will continue for the foreseeable future. Hopefully, once/if we can staff this flying, we can secure some more airplanes from United. Upgrade times are still very quick.

All of the American 145s are on property. They will be split between STL and RDU, with most of them slated for RDU I think. In terms of American taking back their flying... Who knows. We have a four year contract to fly the American birds, so they will not go anywhere prior to that. It just depends on what American needs when the contract expires and who can do it the cheapest. It's all part of the regional shuffle. Impossible to predict whether we'll keep flying them or not after the contract expires.

If you have any questions or want info on the company, shoot me an Email... [email protected] I'd be happy to answer any questions. Good luck!

Riverside
01-13-2016, 09:39 AM

They can have them back.

blackbox348
01-13-2016, 09:59 AM

Have they announced or given any indication on who is taking K2s place? Isn't PE the chief instructor making K2s position the next stop?

CBreezy
01-13-2016, 10:06 AM
They can have them back.

Agreed.

Hey, I've heard that one Envoy guy had drinks with Doug Parker and he said that he wants to send them all to Envoy and that a different guy from Piedmont had Doug tell him over a drink that he wanted to send them all to PDT. And then, over more drinks, Doug outsourced flying to TSA and XJT. Lots of drinks to be had. I hope Doug didn't drive home...

FlyingKat
01-13-2016, 11:25 AM
Have they announced or given any indication on who is taking K2s place? Isn't PE the chief instructor making K2s position the next stop?

Position was just listed as open today. Wouldn't expect to see it filled for a couple of weeks at least. PE would be an awesome Director of Training so it probably won't happen....

FlyingKat
01-13-2016, 11:27 AM
It's on comply. I don't think he was that good, honestly. He was only around mon afternoon through Thursday morning and spent all kinds of time when he was here trying to run his flight school. Plus, from people in the STC, he was kind of a d.

K2 was OK, but being out of town a lot was an issue however.....

Slim11
01-13-2016, 02:13 PM
K2 was OK, but being out of town a lot was an issue however.....

Agree. PE probably would make an outstanding director of training. But, as you said, that probably won't happen. Logic and rational thinking have no place in day-to-day airline operations.

Riverside
01-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Agreed.

Hey, I've heard that one Envoy guy had drinks with Doug Parker and he said that he wants to send them all to Envoy and that a different guy from Piedmont had Doug tell him over a drink that he wanted to send them all to PDT. And then, over more drinks, Doug outsourced flying to TSA and XJT. Lots of drinks to be had. I hope Doug didn't drive home...

You think that guy would have a chauffeur by now. I mean honestly how many dui can you get?

minimwage4
01-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Who cares who replaces the Director of training? Do you guys have a life outside Tsa? :eek:

bacca9
01-13-2016, 03:12 PM
Anyone going to the Feb 1st class?

csucbrown
01-13-2016, 09:28 PM
Can anyone describe what the reserve rules are like? Long call/short call? Airport reserve? call out times? number of times you can be converted to airport/short call if youre long call etc.

do you get cancellation pay leg by leg or trip guarantee?

deadhead pay?

FlyingKat
01-14-2016, 02:25 AM
Who cares who replaces the Director of training? Do you guys have a life outside Tsa? :eek:

Well, yes. However this individual can have an effect on each pilots career here at TSA so you should care about who gets the job....

Celeste
01-14-2016, 07:55 AM
Can anyone describe what the reserve rules are like? Long call/short call? Airport reserve? call out times? number of times you can be converted to airport/short call if youre long call etc.

do you get cancellation pay leg by leg or trip guarantee?

deadhead pay?

The reserve rules are meh. We have long call, but it pretty much always gets converted to short call, airport reserve or being assigned a trip (without limit). Right now they use reserves a lot, and they won't play games with trying to keep you below min guarantee, so you'll at least make money.

Cancellation pay is leg by leg, and deadheads are paid at 100%.

CBreezy
01-14-2016, 08:33 AM
The reserve rules are meh. We have long call, but it pretty much always gets converted to short call, airport reserve or being assigned a trip (without limit). Right now they use reserves a lot, and they won't play games with trying to keep you below min guarantee, so you'll at least make money.

Cancellation pay is leg by leg, and deadheads are paid at 100%.

Airport reserve is a 5 hour credit for 8 Hours. Normal reserve is 4 hours for a call out to fly. All call outs are 2 hours, long call is 12.

brokepilot2
01-14-2016, 12:00 PM
RDU is officially opening next month. Looks like every new hire and their brother got stuck into RDU.

minimwage4
01-14-2016, 12:04 PM
No surprise. There were very FOs that wanted to go there.

FlyingKat
01-14-2016, 12:32 PM
No surprise. There were very FOs that wanted to go there.

Did any senior IAD guys from Richmond go there?

Just answered my own question....nope...

Metering
01-14-2016, 02:31 PM
RDU is officially opening next month. Looks like every new hire and their brother got stuck into RDU.

Much like they did with ORD at the time. Give it a month or two and things will even out and they will open up other domiciles again.

Riverside
01-14-2016, 04:45 PM
Did any senior IAD guys from Richmond go there?

Just answered my own question....nope...

Who would with those lines.

Rmk1991
01-15-2016, 06:56 AM
Those RDU folks are going to become very familiar with YYZ, YUL, GSO, CLE and LGA.

Realtalk
01-15-2016, 07:31 AM
Those RDU folks are going to become very familiar with YYZ, YUL, GSO, CLE and LGA.

So were the eagle bros....I mean envoy.

Riverside
01-15-2016, 07:39 AM

They are easy legs tho. I didn't mind flying them, except calling in the numbers every flight. Shoot I even gain 8 pounds because they brought the release to me every flight.

Coneydog
01-15-2016, 05:54 PM
So, just got the MEC email about Delta denying us the JS...claiming we don't have an agreement with them. I wonder if this has anything to do with our infamous captain who was denying the JS to pilots trying to get to work?

B200 Hawk
01-15-2016, 06:07 PM
So, just got the MEC email about Delta denying us the JS...claiming we don't have an agreement with them. I wonder if this has anything to do with our infamous captain who was denying the JS to pilots trying to get to work?
While I am not saying no, what would the gate agents have to do with that situation? It is a CASS issue from the agents, nothing to do with pilots denying the JS.

Coneydog
01-15-2016, 06:30 PM
While I am not saying no, what would the gate agents have to do with that situation? It is a CASS issue from the agents, nothing to do with pilots denying the JS.

Every gate agent knows we have agreements to JS on each other's airline...unless there is a policy change. Most JS'ers get to know the gate agents as well. The whole thing is very strange.

Coneydog
01-15-2016, 06:34 PM
If the roles were reversed, and Delta pilots were getting denied rides home...there would be hel! to pay.

Riverside
01-15-2016, 08:05 PM
Gets really awkward when a pilot comes up asking for the jumpseat on a repo flight.

CBreezy
01-15-2016, 08:46 PM
My guess is there was some kind of data or software update where our code got dropped somehow. The gate agents may know them but if our airline code isn't in the database, no luck.

Bellanca
01-16-2016, 10:39 AM
Fwiw, this happened in ATL, and almost every time I fly through ATL the DAL gate agents act like they've never heard of Trans States before....

Luckily I've never been denied the jumpseat before, but almost every time they've commented about TSA and/or asked where I'm based, who we fly for, etc.

I have a feeling with RDU opening, and probably an influx of commuters going through ATL to get to RDU, they'll hopefully get a little more familiar with Trans States.

rftorp
01-17-2016, 04:22 PM
Realistically, how much can a new FO expect to make their first year? Thanks!!

B200 Hawk
01-17-2016, 05:08 PM

Rough estimate is just take hourly times $1000, this is a good pretax estimate. First year is a little tougher to predict because you can't rack up that extra per diem cash during the first couple months.

Celeste
01-17-2016, 07:46 PM

I started last January and I'm on track to make $33,000 before taxes, not including per diem. That is with three months of the old abysmal training pay ($1500/month vs $2680 now), and over half the year on the old pay rate ($24/hr vs $35.81 now). Disclaimer: I've been very aggressive picking up extra trips/swapping trips in open time and took advantage of the holiday pay.

75 x $35.81 = $32,229 minimum. Once you're a line-holder you can expect an additional $500-600 tax free per diem.

Since finishing IOE, I've never credited less than 100 hours, and thats pretty easy to do without sacrificing the number of days off by smart swapping of trips. I credited 150 hours in December (5 days of holiday pay helped) and 135 in October... so it is possible to get some good money, but I felt like I didn't have a life those months.

Rmk1991
01-17-2016, 08:43 PM

3 months out of the last 4 months for me have credited over 120 hours of time. A lot of that is thanks to holiday time however for the 2 that I did not have holiday pay on, simply learning to work our FLICA system has proved to be extremely beneficial. I got no holiday pay this month and i'm on track to credit like 129 which will be my personal record. As Celeste said before, I am also picking up as much stuff as I can. This month I only have 13 days off. Last month was 113 credit with 15 days off. If you are willing to work there is definitely money to be made here.

waker92
01-17-2016, 08:59 PM
I started last January and I'm on track to make $33,000 before taxes, not including per diem. That is with three months of the old abysmal training pay ($1500/month vs $2680 now), and over half the year on the old pay rate ($24/hr vs $35.81 now). Disclaimer: I've been very aggressive picking up extra trips/swapping trips in open time and took advantage of the holiday pay.

75 x $35.81 = $32,229 minimum. Once you're a line-holder you can expect an additional $500-600 tax free per diem.

Since finishing IOE, I've never credited less than 100 hours, and thats pretty easy to do without sacrificing the number of days off by smart swapping of trips. I credited 150 hours in December (5 days of holiday pay helped) and 135 in October... so it is possible to get some good money, but I felt like I didn't have a life those months.

Whats your base? is that amount of flying exclusive to one base, or is it well distributed?

Additionally if you are crediting 100 hours how many are you actually flying? by my calculations 100 in credit at 35.81 at 100 hours per month should make someone 42,600 in a year (before tax). Pretty optimistic, I know. Am I missing something here, or are some people doing this?

If this is real, TSA should be competitive with places like republic and endeavor regarding pay!

wingnut49b
01-18-2016, 02:52 AM
It's real. Many lines will pay 90-100 hours once you actually fly them. You just have to wait for some overblock and cancel pay in there... Picking up trips at 200% allows you to get to 130ish pretty reliably. 200% for any trip that touched a holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year) made a lot of money for us too, and contributes to the 150 hours that would be harder on a 'normal' month.

The sky isn't falling here. It's a good place to be. And this isn't my first 121 either... I'll keep voting to make it better, but I'm not sorry I came here.

wingnut49b
01-18-2016, 03:00 AM
Didn't answer specifics quite as well as I'd like...

The flying can be had at any of the bases. It typically flys 80-85 hours per month with 90-95 hours credit. This is where Cancel pay and 100% deadhead show up on the paystub. :)

You would be able to get that 42k on first year, but it would be a lot of flying on the line to offset the lack of 100+ hour months in training. Not that it couldn't be done, but is sure would be easier if you counted a whole year without training. Of course upgrades are really quick, so you won't have two years of FO pay...

FlyingKat
01-18-2016, 08:03 AM
Crediting north of 120 hours a month is easy if you want to work, and really easy with 200%. Get a line with DFI, lots of cancellations, or holiday pay and you can realistically get to 140 anytime and 150 with 200%.

whydidoit
01-19-2016, 05:46 AM
Can you explain how cancel pay increase your credit? I thought it mostly prevents losing credit, but how does it actually add credit unless you get reassigned to something more credit

CBreezy
01-19-2016, 05:56 AM
Can you explain how cancel pay increase your credit? I thought it mostly prevents losing credit, but how does it actually add credit unless you get reassigned to something more credit

Lots of ways. It's leg by leg. You can get a trip dropped for IOE. Once the 12 hour window comes and they don't assign you, you can go and pick up ot for 200% and get paid for the dropped trip. Also, if legs are added between or before scheduled legs and the original legs are canceled, you get paid for all of it.

whydidoit
01-19-2016, 06:26 AM
Yes but isn't pay based on the higher of the 2? Meaning of you get 20 hrs 4 day dropped for oe and they assign you 15 hr 4 day you get paid 20. Not 35

FlyingKat
01-19-2016, 08:46 AM

The idea is to pile up as much soft credit (i.e. credit that does not count towards your 117 block limits) as possible. If something is canceled or removed for DFI, then you can pick up more flying and right now that is at 200%.

CBreezy
01-19-2016, 08:52 AM
Yes but isn't pay based on the higher of the 2? Meaning of you get 20 hrs 4 day dropped for oe and they assign you 15 hr 4 day you get paid 20. Not 35

If they assign you, no. If they release you, those are now days off. You can pick up if there is anything available.

waker92
01-19-2016, 08:58 AM
So, if people are crediting so much, are they flying a lot of legs or is the average legs longer than other places? This is something I wonder about because while a place like PDT says you'll upgrade in a year, which I don't doubt, they would need to fly a ton of legs to hit that 1000SIC 121, and also they're not getting paid very well for that. Would you say that at TSA because your doing longer legs, for more cash than someplace else your not only getting paid more, but as a new hire it allows for faster movement as reaching the 1000SIC 121 could be quicker?

whydidoit
01-19-2016, 08:59 AM
Awesome! So I can just work 6 on 1 off the whole month as long as I don't exceed 117 limits?

CBreezy
01-19-2016, 09:22 AM
Awesome! So I can just work 6 on 1 off the whole month as long as I don't exceed 117 limits?

You can work as much as you want as long as you don't violate FARs.

rftorp
01-19-2016, 01:44 PM
Awesome info. Can't wait fly with you all. Should be spring 2017.

Celeste
01-19-2016, 04:46 PM
Whats your base? is that amount of flying exclusive to one base, or is it well distributed?

Additionally if you are crediting 100 hours how many are you actually flying? by my calculations 100 in credit at 35.81 at 100 hours per month should make someone 42,600 in a year (before tax). Pretty optimistic, I know. Am I missing something here, or are some people doing this?

If this is real, TSA should be competitive with places like republic and endeavor regarding pay!

I'm based in stl, which is temporarily the largest base until rdu gets ramped up. The flying is pretty evenly distributed amongst the bases, but having STL so big meant a big open time pool with lots of option for adding and swapping. There's open time in every base, just statistically speaking, the more that's there the more potential for it to fit your schedule, but also more people vying for it.

I've averaged 77 hours flight time per month. 60 was my worst, 94 was my best. Most lines have 80-85 hours of flying in them. They vary by how much deadheading, but there's a lot of lines in Feb with 85-90 hours of flying and 90-100 credit.

You're only going to get your 75 hour guarantee in training for about three months. On reserve things are out of your hands, so only plan on making 75... I volunteered to sit airport reserve and fly and they used me almost every day I sat reserve. That's how I ended up with 100 hours credit on reserve, but mileage may vary. Once you're a line holder 100 hours credit is totally reasonable, and depending on how much (or little) of a life you want to have you can credit North of 125. Unlike other airlines, Trans States won't play games with trying to keep you as close to guarantee as they can. As long as there is flying to be had and you're willing to work, they will let you pick up as much as you legally can.

FlyingKat
01-19-2016, 08:04 PM

You can pick up flying in any base, not just your own. I could care less about block so I don't pay too much attention to it except for legalities. Credit is how I am paid so that is what mattters. I haven't credited less than 110 hours for the last year.

csucbrown
01-20-2016, 09:35 PM
You guys use SAP or PBS?

brokepilot2
01-20-2016, 09:58 PM
You guys use SAP or PBS?

Line bidding. The company wants PBS...

csucbrown
01-20-2016, 11:27 PM
Every company wants PBS, when is your contract due up?

Rmk1991
01-20-2016, 11:36 PM
3 years since this past august if I remember correctly.

aviatorhi
01-21-2016, 07:43 AM
Any current TSA pilot able to PM me? Wanted to discuss schedules and not take up a bunch of space on the thread.

JumpJet
01-21-2016, 10:21 AM
Hello TSA - So to answer the first question on page one of this thread. SWA is where people escaping TSA are going.
Speaking of that. I have a leather jacket - barely used. It's a Taylor's Leatherwear size Medium Regular. $100 if anybody is interested. I got it last winter and now don't need it. I probably wore it about 20 days. I would like to pass it down and save somebody some money. SWA is very picky about the jacket you can wear.
Give me a call or txt. (252)349-9254

B200 Hawk
01-22-2016, 12:06 PM
Can someone PM up to date ORD crew rate hotels (or in thread is fine). Back to the commuting life...

waker92
01-22-2016, 08:11 PM
Hello TSA - So to answer the first question on page one of this thread. SWA is where people escaping TSA are going.
Speaking of that. I have a leather jacket - barely used. It's a Taylor's Leatherwear size Medium Regular. $100 if anybody is interested. I got it last winter and now don't need it. I probably wore it about 20 days. I would like to pass it down and save somebody some money. SWA is very picky about the jacket you can wear.
Give me a call or txt. (252)349-9254

How long were you at TSA before heading to SWA

CBreezy
01-23-2016, 04:21 AM
How long were you at TSA before heading to SWA

If he's who I think he is, he's prior military flier.

aviatorhi
01-24-2016, 07:47 PM
I noticed that the MRJs are scheduled for delivery in the next 2 years. Will they be going to GJ or TSA?

CBreezy
01-24-2016, 07:54 PM
I noticed that the MRJs are scheduled for delivery in the next 2 years. Will they be going to GJ or TSA?

Let's be honest, they aren't coming for many reasons. But, if by some miracle they get scope relief and a CPA, 20 are contractually obligated to TSA.

Bellanca
01-24-2016, 10:03 PM

I think we'd have a better chance of seeing some of the 175s that Trans States Holdings has on order than the mythical MRJs.

adspilot
01-25-2016, 06:40 AM
I heard TSA lost two of its airplanes from AA.

Riverside
01-25-2016, 06:53 AM

Don't worry they'll turn up. Got a lot of snow this weekend.

CBreezy
01-25-2016, 06:54 AM

They just took their last one last month. So, false. They have parked their at-risk AA flying out of PIT, but TSA owns those.

And TSA exceeded their goals on AA last month.

FlyingKat
01-25-2016, 07:13 AM

Wow another Envoy/Expressjet troll claiming we are losing airplanes...this is unusual...not:rolleyes:

buddies8
01-25-2016, 09:31 AM
They just took their last one last month. So, false. They have parked their at-risk AA flying out of PIT, but TSA owns those.

And TSA exceeded their goals on AA last month.

please post for all to see.

Riverside
01-25-2016, 09:46 AM

We are a private company. We don't share :-)

CBreezy
01-25-2016, 11:48 AM

A little sad your management is lying to you? They are even giving us performance bonuses for both united and American. Stingy TSA, forking over extra cash. They wouldn't open the pocketbook if we were doing so bad the flying was going back.

Coneydog
01-25-2016, 12:29 PM
Why do these Envoy guys even care about a few 145's when they have a 2 year upgrade and a 4 year flow?? Oh and 170's due to hit property soon. Anyway, have we started bringing pilots back to the Sim for Cat II yet?

Coneydog
01-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Disregard...I see they're doing it during AQP

TimetoClimb
01-25-2016, 09:04 PM
Hey Guys. I'm currently in the 135 world and looking to make the jump to 121 once I get to 1500 hrs (in 10 months or so) . There are so many options in the regional world and it all seems like flip of the coin. With that said, and my ultimate goal being Hawaiian Airlines, I'm looking at TSA because of the DEN base and quicker upgrade times than SKW. Is this a good place to work from your experience? Is the company financially sound and how are the pilots treated?
Do you think the EMB-145 is an airframe that majors will be phasing out as soon as fuel prices jump again?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

buddies8
01-25-2016, 09:15 PM
A little sad your management is lying to you? They are even giving us performance bonuses for both united and American. Stingy TSA, forking over extra cash. They wouldn't open the pocketbook if we were doing so bad the flying was going back.

i have no ides what your spouting. I asked for the posting of the numbers, that is all i said. Oh and by the way, all airline management teams LIE.

AKNGPilot
01-27-2016, 04:47 AM
Good morning and thanks in advance for the assistance.

Can somebody help me out by listing FO domiciles in order by seniority?

AKNGPilot
01-27-2016, 05:04 AM
Good morning and thanks in advance for the assistance.

Can somebody help me out by listing FO domiciles in order by seniority?

Sorry bout that.... found the answer on the TSA website.

doctorwho
01-27-2016, 06:32 AM
Note that list hasn't been updated since last fall. The last few classes, ALL pilots have been sent to RDU as they staff up the new base. Once things settle down, others may open up but for now RDU is the junior base. DEN tends to be the most senior base because all the West Coast guys want that base for easier commutes.

Riverside
01-27-2016, 07:26 AM
Note that list hasn't been updated since last fall. The last few classes, ALL pilots have been sent to RDU as they staff up the new base. Once things settle down, others may open up but for now RDU is the junior base. DEN tends to be the most senior base because all the West Coast guys want that base for easier commutes.

Are you sad that netflix is removing you?

AKNGPilot
01-27-2016, 08:12 AM

Thanks a lot, those dates seemed a bit long in the tooth. DEN is the only real option from AK.....

doctorwho
01-27-2016, 03:49 PM
Everyone I've talked to at TSA indicates the belief DEN will be the next base to start opening/building up once RDU gets done, but that is months away. Consensus seems to be that the West Coast guys who currently aren't based at DEN will move there as slots open. Not sure what your expected timing is to come on board but (and obviously a lot can change), right now my guess would be that you would get some other base out of training and have to wait a few months before you could move to DEN.

As far as Netflix removing me - I'm assuming you are referring to my username. Remember that Netflix is for wusses...I like BBC America...BBC America watchers are cool!

minimwage4
01-27-2016, 04:17 PM
Everyone I've talked to at TSA indicates the belief DEN will be the next base to start opening/building up once RDU gets done, but that is months away. Consensus seems to be that the West Coast guys who currently aren't based at DEN will move there as slots open. Not sure what your expected timing is to come on board but (and obviously a lot can change), right now my guess would be that you would get some other base out of training and have to wait a few months before you could move to DEN.

As far as Netflix removing me - I'm assuming you are referring to my username. Remember that Netflix is for wusses...I like BBC America...BBC America watchers are cool!

Unless they're able to find more pilots, which they haven't since we've been at about 500 for a while now, expect Den to stay how it is as they try to staff American flying. If you're a west coaster or new pilot in general they need you in rdu.

Riverside
01-27-2016, 04:22 PM

I've been into Mrs. Brown boys. My ribs hurt from laughing at the end of each show.

Planedrive
01-27-2016, 05:58 PM
What is the deal with this potable water memo? I have never heard anything about it until this memo came out and I can't find any additional information on it in the WOP.

Seems like more of a maintenance or ground crew issue than a pilots issue

Riverside
01-27-2016, 06:08 PM
What is the deal with this potable water memo? I have never heard anything about it until this memo came out and I can't find anymore information on it in the WOP.

It's not a WOP, it's SOP.

CBreezy
01-27-2016, 06:15 PM
What is the deal with this potable water memo? I have never heard anything about it until this memo came out and I can't find any additional information on it in the WOP.

I don't want to be the guy who tells you to read your SOP, but it's only in the FO flow for terminating. You know, the part of the document that tells you how to do your job.

Riverside
01-27-2016, 06:17 PM
I don't want to be the guy who tells you to read your SOP, but it's only in the FO flow for terminating. You know, the part of the document that tells you how to do your job.

And I'll add to the sop FO job. A rubber band and a flight attendant goes a long way.

Coneydog
01-27-2016, 07:52 PM

It's completely ridiculous is what it is. It's embarrassing. Having the pilot go out and drain the potable water...what a freaking joke. Express Jet and every other 145 operator is laughing at us. The rampers used to do this for us all the time...we just had to make sure it was getting done. Now, some DB from our company is going out of their way to tell the ramp personnel at all the out stations to stop draining the potable water...that it's the FO's job. Are you F'ing kidding me?? What a joke. If anyone thinks a First Officer should be going out and draining the potable water, you should be slapped in the face. Rant over.

Riverside
01-27-2016, 07:59 PM
It's completely ridiculous is what it is. It's embarrassing. Having the pilot go out and drain the potable water...what a freaking joke. Express Jet and every other 145 operator is laughing at us. The rampers used to do this for us all the time...we just had to make sure it was getting done. Now, some DB from our company is going out of their way to tell the ramp personnel at all the out stations to stop draining the potable water...that it's the FO's job. Are you F'ing kidding me?? What a joke. If anyone thinks a First Officer should be going out and draining the potable water, you should be slapped in the face. Rant over.

It has been two years since I drained the water. I believe the panel requires a screwdriver. So add that to the shame list.

CBreezy
01-27-2016, 09:03 PM

Who is telling the rampers that it's the FOs job? Every time I needed it done, I just verified with the ramp that they do it. Problem is, FOs aren't talking to the ramp to ensure it is getting done and potable water lines are freezing and filling the belly of the airplane with water.

What do the FARs say about pilots using tools?

Coneydog
01-27-2016, 09:10 PM
Who is telling the rampers that it's the FOs job? Every time I needed it done, I just verified with the ramp that they do it. Problem is, FOs aren't talking to the ramp to ensure it is getting done and potable water lines are freezing and filling the belly of the airplane with water.

What do the FARs say about pilots using tools?

That's a damn good question. Who is telling these out stations to stop doing it? The rampers think it's ridiculous. Everyone does. As you said, we used to just make sure that it was getting done. Now the rampers say they've been told explicitly to stop doing it by our company. Yet they still do it for Skywest and every other carrier that flies into these places.

CBreezy
01-27-2016, 09:37 PM
That's a damn good question. Who is telling these out stations to stop doing it? The rampers think it's ridiculous. Everyone does. As you said, we used to just make sure that it was getting done. Now the rampers say they've been told explicitly to stop doing it by our company. Yet they still do it for Skywest and every other carrier that flies into these places.

Well that's enraging if that's happening. What stations? And you've been told this explicitly?

Coneydog
01-27-2016, 09:51 PM
Well that's enraging if that's happening. What stations? And you've been told this explicitly?

Yes. Explicitly by ground crews. Mostly out west. Wyoming, Dakotas, ect. That's why this is becoming a problem. Ground crews just used to do it as part of their job. Now they've been told not to, and FO's are forgetting to do it (half of them probably don't even know they're supposed to). I'd sure as hell like to know who is telling these ground crews to not to do this. It is very enraging.

108dash3
01-28-2016, 06:51 AM
First of all, it's the Captain's responsibility to ensure the aircraft is terminated properly. Secondly, if you're enraged by any part of working here, you're not coping very well with life. If the FO isn't comfortable doing it and the rampers are being told not to, then just write it up. Having to pay contract MX at an outstation in the middle of the night a few times will get this resolved.

CBreezy
01-28-2016, 07:07 AM
First of all, it's the Captain's responsibility to ensure the aircraft is terminated properly. Secondly, if you're enraged by any part of working here, you're not coping very well with life. If the FO isn't comfortable doing it and the rampers are being told not to, then just write it up. Having to pay contract MX at an outstation in the middle of the night a few times will get this resolved.

Everything is the Captain's responsibility but it is the FOs responsibility to ensure that it is accomplished. Just like it is the FOs responsibility to conduct a thorough preflight.

Coneydog
01-28-2016, 07:47 AM

Having to pay contract maintenance a few times in the middle of the night is a good way to get called into your CP office for failing to carry out your duties as an FO (since it's actually in the SOP). The whole notion of a pilot doing this is ridiculous. Having the FO make sure it's getting done is one thing...I have no problem with that. Someone going out of their way and telling out stations to stop doing this is the part that's extremely frustrating. Is it ok that this ****es me off, but I still like working here??

108dash3
01-28-2016, 08:13 AM
Life must be pretty good if you've run out of things to whine about and this is commanding all your attention. I offered a solution. Did you? And no, you're absolutely wrong about getting called out for writing anything up at this airline. All of the hands on equipment onboard I need to know how to use, I've received training on. Potable water drain? Not in the syllabus. Therefore, if the FO isn't comfortable pulling the handle and getting their shoes wet, write it up. The company has no argument. But above all: suck it up and do your job.

Riverside
01-28-2016, 08:23 AM
Lord have mercy it's getting stuffy in here.

AaronFly4Livin
01-28-2016, 08:38 AM
Lord have mercy it's getting stuffy in here.

Any word on any progress toward an United Interview program similar to CommutAir? If we want to find pilots, we need to come up with something ASAP.

Coneydog
01-28-2016, 08:41 AM
Life must be pretty good if you've run out of things to whine about and this is commanding all your attention. I offered a solution. Did you? And no, you're absolutely wrong about getting called out for writing anything up at this airline. All of the hands on equipment onboard I need to know how to use, I've received training on. Potable water drain? Not in the syllabus. Therefore, if the FO isn't comfortable pulling the handle and getting their shoes wet, write it up. The company has no argument. But above all: suck it up and do your job.

Life is pretty damn good...you got that part right. Commanding my full attention???...lol. You must be one of the few DB's that I hear captains complaining about. Go ahead, write this up. Let me know how that works out for you. I guarantee you will be called. According to the company, you should know how to drain the potable water. When they have to pay contract maintenance because you can't perform your duties, you will be called. My solution is to keep having the rampers do it, while just making sure that its getting done. With guys like you on property, they'll have us out there changing tires and dumping the lav (eye roll).

108dash3
01-28-2016, 08:58 AM
Life is pretty damn good...you got that part right. Commanding my full attention???...lol. You must be one of the few DB's that I hear captains complaining about. Go ahead, write this up. Let me know how that works out for you. I guarantee you will be called. According to the company, you should know how to drain the potable water. When they have to pay contract maintenance because you can't perform your duties, you will be called. My solution is to keep having the rampers do it, while just making sure that its getting done. With guys like you on property, they'll have us out there changing tires and dumping the lav (eye roll).

Reading comprehension. You should look into it. You are agreeing with me here, as you should. Nobody is a fan of this policy but last time I checked, you don't own the airplanes and don't dictate how they are operated. Your employer does. Also, you don't fly for Delta or Fed Ex, so there are some things you have to do to make this airline move. Not all of them are glamorous. That's life. I AM a Captain here, so I don't know what other Captains would be complaining about me. What I'm not, is a self-entitled little puke who argues like a 5 year old girl. I'm so proud of your internet warrior skillz...
Do your walk around, pull the handle and go to the hotel. If this cannot be accomplished for any reason, write it up.

Coneydog
01-28-2016, 09:11 AM
Reading comprehension. You should look into it. You are agreeing with me here, as you should. Nobody is a fan of this policy but last time I checked, you don't own the airplanes and don't dictate how they are operated. Your employer does. Also, you don't fly for Delta or Fed Ex, so there are some things you have to do to make this airline move. Not all of them are glamorous. That's life. I AM a Captain here, so I don't know what other Captains would be complaining about me. What I'm not, is a self-entitled little puke who argues like a 5 year old girl. I'm so proud of your internet warrior skillz...
Do your walk around, pull the handle and go to the hotel. If this cannot be accomplished for any reason, write it up.

I'm the one who has reading comprehension?? Yea ok buddy. I don't get on these forums to argue, but someone brought up the memo; I gave a quick rant...ending with 'rant over'. Maybe you need to go back and re-read. Im hardly a self entitled internet warrior...lol. As a matter of fact, PM me your name and we can have this discussion person.

Riverside
01-28-2016, 10:17 AM
Any word on any progress toward an United Interview program similar to CommutAir? If we want to find pilots, we need to come up with something ASAP.

You have to ask Fred that. I'm just a simple captain here. I live a sheltered life.

FlyingKat
01-28-2016, 11:51 AM

This started in January 2013. The contract operations UAL was hiring weren't being trained properly and were failing to empty the potable water on overnight aircraft so the company made it the FOs responsibility to get it done and it has been in the SOP since then.

When you get to the overnight on the postflight, if its already been dumped, fine. If not, open the door, release the nipple and dump the water. It takes 3 seconds. If a bucket is there, fine use it. If not let it go on the ramp. If anybody gives you a hard time, tell them its in your company procedures to make sure its done. If they tell you well we don't do that at XXX airline, then tell them it says Trans States, not XXX airline on the aircraft and TSA procedures apply.

If you want to take their word it will be done, so be it. But if that goober making $8.50 an hour forgets, it will be on your head, not his. Its your responsibility to get it done before you leave the aircraft.

FlyingKat
01-28-2016, 12:02 PM

The reason this was put in place was the failure of rampers to get the water drained. It is not the FOs job to do it, it is the FOs job to make sure its done before leaving the aircraft. Any FO that tells them not to do it is misunderstanding the purpose of the memo.

FlyingKat
01-28-2016, 12:06 PM
It has been two years since I drained the water. I believe the panel requires a screwdriver. So add that to the shame list.

It doesn't require a screwdriver. You are thinking about the conditioned air door. It has screws on some earlier aircraft (80X) but most of those are gone now.

FlyingKat
01-28-2016, 12:08 PM

If the rampers had been doing their job, we wouldn't be involved in this. However it is incorrect to tell them they can't do it. It just has to be done before we leave the aircraft and either the rampers can do it (preferably) or the FO can do it before leaving the aircraft.

Coneydog
01-28-2016, 12:21 PM
If the rampers had been doing their job, we wouldn't be involved in this. However it is incorrect to tell them they can't do it. It just has to be done before we leave the aircraft and either the rampers can do it (preferably) or the FO can do it before leaving the aircraft.

You're misunderstanding. FO's are not telling them not to do it. It's management or someone from operations that is telling the rampers not to do it. Now, rampers are no longer doing because of these instructions they've received. This was never a problem before because they were doing it, and FO's were just making sure it was done. By the time you got back there on your post flight walk around, it was already draining. This is all because of some idiot in management or ops.

BrewCity
01-28-2016, 12:57 PM
Also, you don't fly for Delta or Fed Ex, so there are some things you have to do to make this airline move.

Why is acceptable to you that a TSA pilot should have to drain potable water but unacceptable for a pilot at Delta or FedEx to be required to perform the same task?

FlyingKat
01-28-2016, 01:24 PM
You're misunderstanding. FO's are not telling them not to do it. It's management or someone from operations that is telling the rampers not to do it. Now, rampers are no longer doing because of these instructions they've received. This was never a problem before because they were doing it, and FO's were just making sure it was done. By the time you got back there on your post flight walk around, it was already draining. This is all because of some idiot in management or ops.

Then someone needs to fill out an I'm Concerned form because this is leading to aircraft damage because the water is not getting emptied. With all the aircraft that had issues with this over the last month, someone needs to find out who this is, and where they got the idea the rampers were not to do this. The original intent of this memo was NOT to relieve the rampers of this task, but to make sure it was done before the aircraft was secured.

FlyingKat
01-28-2016, 01:27 PM
Why is acceptable to you that a TSA pilot should have to drain potable water but unacceptable for a pilot at Delta or FedEx to be required to perform the same task?

Because unlike FedEx and Delta, United does not have competent help that knows how to empty these airplanes, nor are they trained. What else is the company supposed to do? I guarantee that if a Delta or Fedex aircraft were being damaged due to this, they would stick it on the pilots.

doctorwho
01-28-2016, 01:47 PM
What is the exact text or the memo?

minimwage4
01-28-2016, 04:58 PM
Because unlike FedEx and Delta, United does not have competent help that knows how to empty these airplanes, nor are they trained. What else is the company supposed to do? I guarantee that if a Delta or Fedex aircraft were being damaged due to this, they would stick it on the pilots.

What's next we need to service the lav ourselves? I never agreed with this practice and there was a big push to end it by someone in management a while ago but that obviously had not worked because we're still being forced to do it. Not to mention the last time I did it like 2 years ago it took us like 10 minutes to open the panel and dump it, ridiculous.

BrewCity
01-29-2016, 04:42 AM

At outstations like Richmond, Columbus, Nashville, and Wichita the same "untrained, incompetent" help that service TSA aircraft also work Mainline aircraft. Are 737 pilots out draining their potable water due to this perceived lack of ramp training?

108dash3
01-29-2016, 04:51 AM
At outstations like Richmond, Columbus, Nashville, and Wichita the same "untrained, incompetent" help that service TSA aircraft also work Mainline aircraft. Are 737 pilots out draining their potable water due to this perceived lack of ramp training?

No. Their union reps would actually stand up to the company and either flat out refuse or demand some compensation.

HuskerAv8tor
01-29-2016, 06:38 AM
I flew EMB-145's at another regional for 3 years. This was never part of the pilot responsibilities.

FlyingKat
01-29-2016, 09:00 AM
I flew EMB-145's at another regional for 3 years. This was never part of the pilot responsibilities.

I worked the ramp for years and this was never a pilot responsibility so what's your point? Nobody cares what you did at XXX airline.

This duty was created by aircraft damage due to the failure to have properly trained ramp personnel on the overnighting aircraft. It was the easiest solution to make sure the aircraft weren't damaged.

FlyingKat
01-29-2016, 09:01 AM

Different airplane, different systems. Apples to oranges. Larger aircraft do not have to have systems dumped like the smaller ones because they do not freeze up as easy. Also some use electricity to heat water lines to keep them from freezing. Unfortunately planes made in the South American jungle do not have this feature.

FlyingKat
01-29-2016, 09:03 AM
What's next we need to service the lav ourselves? I never agreed with this practice and there was a big push to end it by someone in management a while ago but that obviously had not worked because we're still being forced to do it. Not to mention the last time I did it like 2 years ago it took us like 10 minutes to open the panel and dump it, ridiculous.

Not saying I agree with it, but it is what it is. If it took you 10 minutes then you don't know what you're doing. I've dumped plenty of lavs and potable systems, and I've never taken more than two or three minutes.

HuskerAv8tor
01-29-2016, 08:27 PM
I worked the ramp for years and this was never a pilot responsibility so what's your point? Nobody cares what you did at XXX airline.

This duty was created by aircraft damage due to the failure to have properly trained ramp personnel on the overnighting aircraft. It was the easiest solution to make sure the aircraft weren't damaged.
My point you idiot is that there is another company that has operated hundreds of EMB-145's for well over a decade that don't have their pilots do this.

Planedrive
01-30-2016, 08:11 AM
I know it's in the SOP breezy and riverside but I don't know how to drain the water. The last 2 CA's I've flown with didnt know either. I took the nipple off and pulled the Handle.... Nothing. Anyone who isn't a d*ck care to help a new FO?

BobJenkins
01-30-2016, 08:14 AM
Don't take the nipple off. Just suck on it at the same time you are pulling the handle... :D

I know it's in the SOP breezy and riverside but I don't know how to drain the water. The last 2 CA's I've flown with didnt know either. I took the nipple off and pulled the Handle.... Nothing. Anyone who isn't a d*ck care to help a new FO?

FlyingKat
01-30-2016, 08:22 AM

If you remove the nipple and pull the handle that means there is nothing in the system and you are OK. Most of the time there will be little if any water in the system.

FlyingKat
01-30-2016, 08:31 AM
My point you idiot is that there is another company that has operated hundreds of EMB-145's for well over a decade that don't have their pilots do this.

Well my point, you idiot, was that TSA had operated that way for years until there was a problem with aircraft damage and they decided to put the responsibility on us to get it done. Whether you think its fair, or how you did it at XXX airline doesn't matter. Its in your SOP so do it, or go back to XXX airline where life was so good.

Now if you want to turn in reports because you are not properly trained, or make suggestions to change it to management go ahead. There are lots of things that need to be changed around here. Taking 3 minutes to open a door, pull the cover off a nipple, and pulling a handle isn't very high on my list. 90% of the time it takes about 30 seconds because there is very little, if any water in the system. Or the system is already drained by ramp crew. Or you can be really smart and nicely ask the FA to drain it for you on the way to the overnight. Rubber bands are very handy. If you want to waste your time with it go ahead, but this ground has already been covered many times since this policy was announced in 2013.

FlyingKat
01-30-2016, 08:33 AM
Don't take the nipple off. Just suck on it at the same time you are pulling the handle... :D

Warm nipples are niiiice. :D

CBreezy
01-30-2016, 08:36 AM

You didn't ask how to do it. I would have gladly answered. You sounded astonished that management was saying anything with it being nowhere in any documents.

FlyingKat
01-30-2016, 09:17 AM
You have to ask Fred that. I'm just a simple captain here. I live a sheltered life.

Fred said on the conference call last week they are aware of the recruiting problem and are working on relationships with flight schools and "other things" to entice pilots to come here. Supposedly they are working on something with UA, but UA is not happy that we are flying planes for AA.

The fact that Fred said publicly there is a problem is huge, because in the past their response to recruiting issues was to say there are no issues, and they have plenty of applications.

waker92
01-30-2016, 02:23 PM
Anyone have any updates on the state of the union at TSA? Things still moving along? I am slotted for a class in March and look forward to starting, especially if things are still how they were regarding reserves and movement.

I understand many people are getting RDU, but what would be the likelihood of me getting STL out of training?

Thanks!

FlyingKat
01-30-2016, 02:29 PM
Anyone have any updates on the state of the union at TSA? Things still moving along? I am slotted for a class in March and look forward to starting, especially if things are still how they were regarding reserves and movement.

I understand many people are getting RDU, but what would be the likelihood of me getting STL out of training?

Thanks!

Probably good. All the growth for now is going to be on the UAL side. Fred said on the conference call RDU will have 7-12 aircraft. DEN will grow from 9 to 18 aircraft. Lots of STL folks trying to get to DEN so there should be slots available.

Planedrive
01-30-2016, 04:09 PM
Do they replay the company calls at all?

Riverside
01-30-2016, 04:52 PM
Do they replay the company calls at all?

Yes, on our company website main page.
Looks like last one was July 29th. So they are a little behind.

airboxdriver
01-31-2016, 09:37 PM
Hey guys! How is new hire training this days? what could be expected with regards to hotel occupancy? How long is training taking? With regards to training material and charts are they paper or electronic? Do you have to pay for Flica? Any info with regards to family travel benefits?

Thanks in advanced!

CAflygirl
01-31-2016, 10:12 PM
A friend of mine just finished training and is RDU based.

Just wondering what the chances are of getting DEN/ORD or IAD out of training are. I know DEN is currently senior, but wasn't sure about ORD or IAD. Also, where are you flying to out of ORD and IAD? Thanks :)

Metering
02-01-2016, 03:03 AM
A friend of mine just finished training and is RDU based.

Just wondering what the chances are of getting DEN/ORD or IAD out of training are. I know DEN is currently senior, but wasn't sure about ORD or IAD. Also, where are you flying to out of ORD and IAD? Thanks :)

At the moment growth in ORD and IAD is stagnant. All new hires are going to RDU at the moment to support the new base. After that it is my understanding is that the plan is to grow the DEN base.

airboxdriver
02-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Do they offer single occupancy hotel rooms during training?

Riverside
02-01-2016, 04:54 PM

Sometimes. Got to time it right.

doctorwho
02-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Rooms are guaranteed double occupancy. They say that if not too crowded, they give everyone their own room, but no guarantee of that.

Coneydog
02-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Looks like we're one step closer to this PBS. Sounds promising. I'm interested to see the QOL improvements.

CBreezy
02-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Looks like we're one step closer to this PBS. Sounds promising. I'm interested to see the QOL improvements.

From what I heard from some of the senior guys, they are voting no unless there is a 5.5 hour min day.

Coneydog
02-04-2016, 01:28 PM
From what I heard from some of the senior guys, they are voting no unless there is a 5.5 hour min day.

Yea, I think it's still gonna have a hard time passing unless it's a real sweet deal.

CBreezy
02-04-2016, 01:35 PM
Yea, I think it's still gonna have a hard time passing unless it's a real sweet deal.

I think we would be foolish to not vote it in if it comes with a solid min day and other QOL improvements. It doesn't to blow my mind, but if I get 4 or 5 solid improvements, I am more than happy to use PBS.

Metering
02-04-2016, 04:33 PM
- 5 Hour min daily credit for both Line holders and reserves

- Commuter hotels

- Hotels offered for unscheduled overnights in base

- Guaranteed payroll overhaul. No more having to audit your own paysheet and then needing to beg for your money at the end of every month.

- language in the CBA that says that the next 20 MRJ's OR E175s that come to TSH come to TSA.

Without all those, I am a no vote. (I am a tad flexible on the last point)

CBreezy
02-04-2016, 05:10 PM

- Commuter hotels

- Guaranteed payroll overhaul. No more having to audit your own paysheet and then needing to beg for your money at the end of every month.

- language in the CBA that says that the next 20 MRJ's OR E175s that come to TSH come to TSA.

You do realize that the highest min day in the industry is 4.25 with most everyone else having less than 4 or none? I do agree with hotels, automatic cancellation pay, and something other than those stupid MRJs that'll never ever show up on property. Really, for the most part, I'd be happy with some of the Compass language.

RgrMurdock
02-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Where is this 5 hour min day stuff coming from? As has been said before 4.25 is the highest. United mainline has a 5 hour min day. Most regionals are 4 hours or less and have larger aircraft than we do. The larger the aircraft typically the longer the average segment and the easier to implement a larger min day.

CBreezy
02-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Where is this 5 hour min day stuff coming from? As has been said before 4.25 is the highest. United mainline has a 5 hour min day. Most regionals are 4 hours or less and have larger aircraft than we do. The larger the aircraft typically the longer the average segment and the easier to implement a larger min day.

Want some tzatziki with your misinformation?

Coneydog
02-04-2016, 06:16 PM
5 hour min day sounds good. That's how we need to start thinking. This industry is rapidly changing, and we need to aim high...in every aspect. I don't care who has 4.25 max credit; we should constantly try and raise the bar. If we want to keep attracting pilots, we need a good contract. Let's get some real gains out of this PBS negotiation.

Bellanca
02-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Supposedly gojet is going to roll out a contract with min day, a 1:2 duty rig, 200% holiday and open time (not just a memo that the company can rescind at their discretion), $43/HR first year FO, and the rest of the pay rates at or above those at compass, and a lot of language borrowed from the compass contract. Plus all of the stuff they don't have but should have had all this time (cx pay, 100% deadhead, etc..)

All I can say, if this doesn't make our contract at least as good as this gojet TA, then it should be a 100% no vote from the pilot group...

Bellanca
02-04-2016, 09:29 PM
You do realize that the highest min day in the industry is 4.25 with most everyone else having less than 4 or none? I do agree with hotels, automatic cancellation pay, and something other than those stupid MRJs that'll never ever show up on property. Really, for the most part, I'd be happy with some of the Compass language.

How to we raise the bar for the industry if we just say 4 hours min day is all we deserve??

I think we should accept no less than 4.5... It should be pushing the industry forward.

Bellanca
02-04-2016, 09:35 PM

- Commuter hotels

Agreed. And the last point we should not be flexible on. We need something to solidify our future in the industry. These 145s are tired and old, they will go away, the only question is how soon. Plus, shiny jets have been a huge boon for recruiting... Just look at how many flocked to places like RAH (pre new contract), PSA, Mesa, Gojet, just because they wanted to fly new 175s or 700/900s.

Metering
02-05-2016, 05:12 AM

Your point being?

You do realize that highest starting pay in this industry until recently was in the low $20s with some being as low as $14 per hour? Well it was, until we changed it.

So why would min day be different?

FlyingKat
02-05-2016, 06:50 AM
Well if the bs the Blowjet guys are slinging around is true, this better be one sweet deal or its NO.

Riverside
02-05-2016, 06:53 AM
Didn't we all say no last time to the TA and it passed anyways?

Coneydog
02-05-2016, 07:25 AM
Well if the bs the Blowjet guys are slinging around is true, this better be one sweet deal or its NO.

Yea exactly. If this blowjet contract ends up being better than ours......lots of ****ed off people here.

waker92
02-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Yea exactly. If this blowjet contract ends up being better than ours......lots of ****ed off people here.

Can TSA re up to match the pay? I know a new contract just passed but...?
Im about to start class next month and am wondering if I'd be better off chasing the cash at go jet or to do TSA.

What do you all think?

CBreezy
02-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Im about to start class next month and am wondering if I'd be better off chasing the cash at go jet or to do TSA.

What do you all think?

I think we'll all see that the Gojet TA isn't as good as they are making it out to be with much improved but weaker work rules than TSA and Compass. I'd be shocked if they got $43 an hour.

Coneydog
02-05-2016, 10:49 AM

What do you all think?

I'd say just wait and see if the Go-jet contract is as good as it's being hyped to be. Then let's see what this new TA attached to the PBS offers us. Also, we are all under one company, so the higher-ups can be really weird about switching companies (go jet, TSA, compass) once you've been hired by one. I seriously can't envision Go-jet having a better contract than us. I can't wrap my mind around that possibility.

waker92
02-05-2016, 11:16 AM
I'd say just wait and see if the Go-jet contract is as good as it's being hyped to be. Then let's see what this new TA attached to the PBS offers us. Also, we are all under one company, so the higher-ups can be really weird about switching companies (go jet, TSA, compass) once you've been hired by one. I seriously can't envision Go-jet having a better contract than us. I can't wrap my mind around that possibility.

I hear ya on that one. I definitely don't wanna make anyone mad. But I am not hired by anyone yet. When is TSA expected to pass this new TA? Could a pay increase be a part of it?

I'm really looking for an enjoyable place to work with good movement And I think I have found that at TSA. But if I can get close to the same as well as a nice bump that wouldnt suck. But idk maybe it's just best to go with my gut.

Coneydog
02-05-2016, 11:27 AM
I hear ya on that one. I definitely don't wanna make anyone mad. But I am not hired by anyone yet. When is TSA expected to pass this new TA? Could a pay increase be a part of it?

I'm really looking for an enjoyable place to work with good movement And I think I have found that at TSA. But if I can get close to the same as well as a nice bump that wouldnt suck. But idk maybe it's just best to go with my gut.

To start with your last paragraph, Trans States is a very enjoyable place to work with good movement. I belive the MEC is looking over the TA today. Unless it improves QOL significantly, it will not come close to passing. No I don't think it will increase pay rates. We left all that on the table when we voted in this last TA...but I digress. If this Go-jet contract is as good as they're proclaiming, it will get interesting here.

Slim11
02-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Completely different subject...

There was a IAD-based F/A who went to Army pilot training. Has anyone heard about how she's doing?

Riverside
02-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Completely different subject...

There was a IAD-based F/A who went to Army pilot training. Has anyone heard about how she's doing?

I'm sure you can contact her or her husband on FB. I haven't seen her since she left. Used to have her on Facebook, but not anymore

yimke
02-06-2016, 06:48 AM
I heard some rumblings of TSA reducing it's presence in ORD to concentrate on DEN, due to Republic pulling out. Any words, either confirmed or not?

Riverside
02-06-2016, 06:52 AM
I heard some rumblings of TSA reducing it's presence in ORD to concentrate on DEN, due to Republic pulling out. Any words, either confirmed or not?

Wasn't mentioned at the town house meeting. Ord always had it issues, since it was supposed to be our biggest base. But now it's been stagnant for the last year or so.

Rmk1991
02-06-2016, 02:05 PM
As someone in ORD, its been pretty stagnant. Lines can definitely be improved. I really don't understand how they build lines anymore. I do more DEN and IAD flying than I do ORD. I'm trying to get to DEN so I hope that growth that everyone keeps talking about is actually true. Can't tell you the amount of times I've been told "It'll happen next month" or "It'll happen after the holidays."

minimwage4
02-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Anyone flying with unusual amount of broken planes? Lack of mechanics? It's not even summer.

Rmk1991
02-06-2016, 02:26 PM
Anyone flying with unusual amount of broken planes? Lack of mechanics? It's not even summer.

In my last few trips, I've actually had a surprisingly low amount of broken planes. The past 3 days I've flown it has been 0 MELs.

Riverside
02-06-2016, 05:56 PM

Haven't broken any planes myself. But I've caught a lot of stuff not mel right. Or dispatch not giving second alternates.

Metering
02-07-2016, 04:34 AM

Meh. It comes and goes in waves. Some trips I will have zero mechincals, zero MELs and as result, no delays.

Other trips i feel like a salmon swimming upstream with an anchor strapped to my tail. 5 MELS, EICAS cautions in flight etc...

Just seems like chance to me.

wise810
02-07-2016, 06:17 AM
Any word on how RDU is doing, domicile-wise? What's a typical day like?

CBreezy
02-07-2016, 06:36 AM

Still small which means inefficient. Oxley said the main reason it remains small is due to flight attendants. You'll start out going to LGA/JFK/PIT and spend most of your time in and out of Canada and other short legs

B200 Hawk
02-07-2016, 06:58 AM
Is "limo"ing protected by the commuter clause? Anyone know.

Riverside
02-07-2016, 07:03 AM

No different than the STL American flying.

CBreezy
02-07-2016, 08:06 AM
Is "limo"ing protected by the commuter clause? Anyone know.

Why wouldn't it be?

sflpilot
02-07-2016, 08:26 AM
Still small which means inefficient. Oxley said the main reason it remains small is due to flight attendants. You'll start out going to LGA/JFK/PIT and spend most of your time in and out of Canada and other short legs

What about the start and finishing times of the trips for commutability?

Metering
02-07-2016, 08:29 AM

the trips are not commuter friendly. Hopefully that changes next month.

Riverside
02-07-2016, 08:29 AM

If you look at the pairings, you'll see they are not very friendly. Especially since it is not a hub.

Planedrive
02-11-2016, 01:26 PM
How much longer should we expect it to take for a PBS update?

Riverside
02-11-2016, 01:47 PM
How much longer should we expect it to take for a PBS update?

MZ said something on FB the other day. He said the MEC are writing/explaining each document. But no date was given, just expect it soon.

Bellanca
02-12-2016, 06:42 AM
My thoughts on pbs: what do we lose voting it down? The company invested a lot of time and money into pbs, they need it to help with staffing, and it will save them lots of money. If we vote down their first offer, do you think they would just drop the whole idea of pbs? Or do you think they would renegotiate a better offer with the union?

It will be interesting to see what is in this loa. I think pbs would be more convenient than the line bidding we have now, and possibly give me some more control over days off, types of pairings I fly, etc. However it is a concession from the pilot group from the standpoint that the company will get more work out of us for less pay. Unless this loa would make our contract truly industry leading, and/or it contains a commutair type 'flow', it will likely be a no vote from me... Afterall, it is our last bargaining chip until this mediocre contract extension becomes amenable in 2018... and I don't want to just sit back and watch other airlines make big gains while we wait for 2018+ to get here. Not to mention, I really hope the gojet contract is released before this goes to a vote. If our alter ego really gets this industry leading contract that it is rumored to be, and we vote in PBS for some mediocre improvements the joke will really be on us.

buddies8
02-12-2016, 06:50 AM
You're a tool.

Coneydog
02-12-2016, 07:13 AM
My thoughts on pbs: what do we lose voting it down? The company invested a lot of time and money into pbs, they need it to help with staffing, and it will save them lots of money. If we vote down their first offer, do you think they would just drop the whole idea of pbs? Or do you think they would renegotiate a better offer with the union?

It will be interesting to see what is in this loa. I think pbs would be more convenient than the line bidding we have now, and possibly give me some more control over days off, types of pairings I fly, etc. However it is a concession from the pilot group from the standpoint that the company will get more work out of us for less pay. Unless this loa would make our contract truly industry leading, and/or it contains a commutair type 'flow', it will likely be a no vote from me... Afterall, it is our last bargaining chip until this mediocre contract extension becomes amenable in 2018... and I don't want to just sit back and watch other airlines make big gains while we wait for 2018+ to get here. Not to mention, I really hope the gojet contract is released before this goes to a vote. If our alter ego really gets this industry leading contract that it is rumored to be, and we vote in PBS for some mediocre improvements the joke will really be on us.

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Riverside
02-12-2016, 07:38 AM
You're a tool.

Nice to see you again bro. Still mad we don't share our performance information with ya.

CBreezy
02-12-2016, 07:42 AM

First, I HIGHLY doubt GJ has an industry leading contract. I'm sure it'll be overwhelmingly average. If it is amazing, then I agree with your sentiment. As to your comment about everyone else taking industry leading contracts, this is wholly incorrect. The only carrier that made huge gains is RAH. Everyone else (XJT/ASA, AWAC, Commutair, Mesa) have seen meager gains and some have been voted down. Not to mention, you don't think TSA won't come back to the table to raise rates if it is hurting recruiting? You think they'll just say, "oh well, too bad we have to wait until 2018 to recruit because we can't give them more money until then."

I think if there are improvements across the board to our contract, we take the money and run and when, not if, they inevitably come to us in a few months to make 1st year pay #1 again, we take more for everyone else.

waker92
02-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Anyone in the March 15th class? Where do we stay? Is it worth driving up my car up 10 hours to have it at training?

Metering
02-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Anyone in the March 15th class? Where do we stay? Is it worth driving up my car up 10 hours to have it at training?

I drove my car 15 hours (twice!) and it was 100% worth it.

Riverside
02-12-2016, 03:52 PM

I believe we still stay at extended stay, which is 10 times better than the best western. The extended stay you get a kitchen, while the best western you get cockroaches for guests.

minimwage4
02-12-2016, 06:59 PM

Skip the car, lots to do in the hood.

CBreezy
02-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Skip the car, lots to do in the hood.

You don't need it but a car is nice to have. The metro will take you to lots of good places. Ethnic food and indie films/music in The Loop. Collegiate and low key CWE. Baseball stadium with tons of sports bars and stuff downtown. Running, walking and free museums in Forest Park. If you bring a car, lots of parks and cool local restaurants in South City/County.

flyer2710
02-13-2016, 08:26 PM
You will stay at the Extended Stay America and yes, do drive your car. I drove 20 hours....

waker92
02-14-2016, 09:47 AM
Alright guys. Last time.
But what can a new hire expect regarding reserve and upgrade times? I'm torn between compass and TSA. Bases are not an issue. I just don't want to get stuck.

I'm sure this post will make a lot of people here mad but **** it.

Ready... GO!

CBreezy
02-14-2016, 09:48 AM
Alright guys. Last time.
But what can a new hire expect regarding reserve and upgrade times? I'm torn between compass and TSA. Bases are not an issue. I just don't want to get stuck.

Ready... GO!

I'd go to Compass.

Riverside
02-14-2016, 11:21 AM
I'd go to Compass.

Times two.

The only thing I like about TSA is the TPIC and living in base.

minimwage4
02-14-2016, 02:39 PM
Times two.

The only thing I like about TSA is the TPIC and living in base.

You don't like the 11/12 days off? Being gone for 6 days then have enough off just to see if your home or wife is still there only to be gone for another 4 or 6 days?

minimwage4
02-14-2016, 02:43 PM
Alright guys. Last time.

Ready... GO!

Seriously? Go to compass.

Riverside
02-14-2016, 03:20 PM
You don't like the 11/12 days off? Being gone for 6 days then have enough off just to see if your home or wife is still there only to be gone for another 4 or 6 days?

Ahhh man I totally signed up for that when I interviewed almost three years ago.

Planedrive
02-14-2016, 04:35 PM
I do not know a lot about PBS but my understanding is if it is used correctly it builds pairings ect. I have heard rumors TSA plans to keep that part turned off. What is the reason behind that? It seems like every month all I hear is people complaining about inefficient lines. Tsa plans to not use the computer system built to fix that problem?

Riverside
02-14-2016, 05:23 PM
I do not know a lot about PBS but my understanding is if it is used correctly it builds pairings ect. I have heard rumors TSA plans to keep that part turned off. What is the reason behind that? It seems like every month all I hear is people complaining about inefficient lines. Tsa plans to not use the computer system built to fix that problem?

Pretty much. Shoot look at the pay sheet memo. You must do all of this to get paid....right......

08udaviator
02-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Wow.

That number on the update for MIN DAY is hilariously ridiculous. Wow!

But hey, that's what I got into the 121 regional world for....ridiculous things happening

CBreezy
02-15-2016, 01:43 PM
Wow.

But hey, that's what I got into the 121 regional world for....ridiculous things happening

Besides SKY and RAH, what does everyone else have?

Coneydog
02-15-2016, 01:52 PM
This won't pass.

RgrMurdock
02-15-2016, 02:26 PM
Wow.

Was zero. Now looks tied for or best in the industry for a predominantly 50 seat carrier. Only rah or sky west looks higher with larger aircraft. Not sure what you're looking for.

CBreezy
02-15-2016, 03:00 PM
This won't pass.

I don't think so either.

Planedrive
02-15-2016, 03:27 PM
We are still 13 airplanes behind delivery for United... When does United just cut the deal and give the planes to someone else?

CBreezy
02-15-2016, 05:50 PM
We are still 13 airplanes behind delivery for United... When does United just cut the deal and give the planes to someone else?

According to the FO, deliveries on are on schedule to be completed by mid August.

Planedrive
02-15-2016, 05:54 PM
According to the FO, deliveries on are on schedule to be completed by mid August.

We have not had any new airplanes pop up in our SOP since the beginning of December.

Riverside
02-15-2016, 07:37 PM
We have not had any new airplanes pop up in our SOP since the beginning of December.

I'm sure it will pick up once we get spring and summer schedules.

N6279P
02-16-2016, 08:36 AM
I'm sure it will pick up once we get spring and summer schedules.

I'm sure you'll be able to staff 13 more planes over the summer.

Riverside
02-16-2016, 12:42 PM
I'm sure you'll be able to staff 13 more planes over the summer.

Together we can believe.

CBreezy
02-16-2016, 01:38 PM
Together we can believe.

I believe in 200% the father, maker of heaven and earth.

Rmk1991
02-18-2016, 09:14 AM
I believe in 200% the father, maker of heaven and earth.

This is the sole reason why I'm able to continually credit 120+ each month. It'll be a sad sad day when we lose it.

Future Cpt Kirk
02-19-2016, 06:51 AM
18 lines in IAD for March. I've had three captains tell me they think the company is shrinking IAD for closure. They said this is more than just a winter slow down... 42 lines last March. Anyone think this is true? I came to TSA for the drivable home base in IAD. If it closes... I don't know what I would do.

CBreezy
02-19-2016, 07:21 AM
18 lines in IAD for March. I've had three captains tell me they think the company is shrinking IAD for closure. They said this is more than just a winter slow down... 42 lines last March. Anyone think this is true? I came to TSA for the drivable home base in IAD. If it closes... I don't know what I would do.

I don't think they'll close IAD but with United putting 40 CommutAir 145s all in IAD, I can't imagine it'll be the 2nd biggest base as originally planned. I'd expect more flying to be shifted west.

AaronFly4Livin
02-19-2016, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE=CBreezy;2071563]I don't think they'll close IAD but with United putting 40 CommutAir 145s all in IAD, I can't imagine it'll be the 2nd biggest base as originally planned. I'd expect more flying to be shifted west.[/QUOTE

Looks like another regional secured a spot with United Career Pathway.... XJT! Just announced today by their MEC.

FlyingKat
02-19-2016, 03:06 PM

I've heard our flying will be reduced, but not eliminated in IAD and shifted west to ORD and DEN as Commutair gets more aircraft. The original plan was we would get the next batch of 36 XRs, but now those are going to Commutair. Welcome to regional flying.

minimwage4
02-21-2016, 08:26 AM
Anyone know if they're working on some kind of hiring agreement with United? Seems like every other UAX is getting one.

1800RVR
02-21-2016, 08:47 AM
What are the chances of getting DEN as a junior FO?

Planedrive
02-21-2016, 12:50 PM
Denver is about a year from DOH. Seems to be climbing since they are staffing the Denver flying out of STL and ORD.

Riverside
02-21-2016, 01:01 PM
Anyone know if they're working on some kind of hiring agreement with United? Seems like every other UAX is getting one.

CP said because we support the American flying. Which doesn't make any sense anymore.

Case I
02-21-2016, 01:07 PM
What are the chances of getting DEN as a junior FO?

Most junior guy just assigned DEN has DOH April '15 - probably got done w/ IOE in July.
28 FO's on standing bid list for DEN in front of you. Seems like a lot, but that's only 6 airplanes worth of FOs (company goal is approx 5 per seat). The rumor is (was?) still like 9+ planes yet to be assigned to TSA in DEN if/when we can staff them.
It's kinda like the Field of Dreams - staff it and they will come. Unfortunately, others are offering more attractive incentives. IMO, this is a good place to be, but without a flow, YMMV.

minimwage4
02-21-2016, 03:29 PM
CP said because we support the American flying. Which doesn't make any sense anymore.

That doesn't make any sense. Plus it should be Union deal not management.

Coneydog
02-21-2016, 04:08 PM

That comes from United. They won't start a flow with a company that is doing flying for the competition. I heard Xjet had to agree to give up their contract with American (15 planes out of DfW) in order to get the flow with United.

CBreezy
02-21-2016, 05:21 PM

Wait. So you want the TSA union to contact the United Management and work a flow? Using what leverage?

minimwage4
02-21-2016, 08:59 PM
Using what leverage?

They won't have anybody flying their POS 50 seaters.

Plus I said intra union, like TSA and UA Alpa, not management. But whatever, we will probably get something in the end, TSA is always late to the party but we get there eventually.

Metering
02-21-2016, 09:51 PM
They won't have anybody flying their POS 50 seaters.

See Commutair, Expressjet.

There will ALWAYS be someone willing to fly if lying is available.

minimwage4
02-22-2016, 08:14 AM
See Commutair, Expressjet.

There will ALWAYS be someone willing to fly if lying is available.

The point is we've been flying for United for years. We know United better than anyone else. If others are getting deals, we need to get one too because we won't get anyone to show up to class. I know if I was new I would go for a flow, that's the only way to end up at a legacy soon unless it's LCC.

Riverside
02-22-2016, 08:51 AM
The point is we've been flying for United for years. We know United better than anyone else. If others are getting deals, we need to get one too because we won't get anyone to show up to class. I know if I was new I would go for a flow, that's the only way to end up at a legacy soon unless it's LCC.

I dunno, if United starts handing out this CPP to all the regionals. It will take 10 years to get the phone call to get a class date.

N6279P
02-22-2016, 09:07 AM

You know united better then everyone else? On what basis? Does that even matter? TSA does such a tiny fraction of total UAX flying I'm not really sure why you think that even matters.

minimwage4
02-22-2016, 09:23 AM
You know united better then everyone else? On what basis? Does that even matter? TSA does such a tiny fraction of total UAX flying I'm not really sure why you think that even matters.

We fly for United dude. We are in a sense United pilots. What more do you need?

N6279P
02-22-2016, 09:24 AM
We fly for United dude.

So does everyone else.

minimwage4
02-22-2016, 09:25 AM
So does everyone else.

Yes and they're getting pref interview, are you comprehending the thread?

minimwage4
02-22-2016, 09:37 AM
I dunno, if United starts handing out this CPP to all the regionals. It will take 10 years to get the phone call to get a class date.

I'm definitely not holding my breath. But the point is we equally deserve what commutair and expressjet has. Just because we fly a few planes for AA? What about those of us that have flown UAX for years and don't even fly AA? That's why I'm saying it should be a deal between the United and Tsa unions, all alpa UAX should be included.

CBreezy
02-22-2016, 10:06 AM
Yes and they're getting pref interview, are you comprehending the thread?

I think ALPA should negotiate with the government too to reduce our taxes as well.

FSUpilot
02-22-2016, 10:13 AM
That comes from United. They won't start a flow with a company that is doing flying for the competition. I heard Xjet had to agree to give up their contract with American (15 planes out of DfW) in order to get the flow with United.

Nope... The American flying at XJT isn't going anywhere. It's some of our most profitable flying. Even the DFW ERJ folks are eligible for the United CPP.

Planedrive
02-22-2016, 10:14 AM
We are going to need something to attract new blood...

New airplane, flow, better pay.

BrewCity
02-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Nope... The American flying at XJT isn't going anywhere. It's some of our most profitable flying.

And you know this how?

minimwage4
02-22-2016, 11:31 AM
I think ALPA should negotiate with the government too to reduce our taxes as well.

Why don't you want an agreement?

Riverside
02-22-2016, 12:08 PM
Why don't you want an agreement?

I remember him saying he had interview with legacy airlines. So he doesn't need it.

CBreezy
02-22-2016, 12:38 PM
I remember him saying he had interview with legacy airlines. So he doesn't need it.

I'm not saying I don't want one. I'm saying that the unions have zero to do with negotiating flows.

PackPilot
02-23-2016, 03:14 AM
How are the lines out of RDU now that it's open? Any chance to pick up 1 or 2 day trips? What's a typical 4 day trip look like as far as credit, start/end time? I'm from Raleigh and looking to move back this summer and joining the ranks of TSA and live in base.

Riverside
02-23-2016, 06:03 AM
How are the lines out of RDU now that it's open? Any chance to pick up 1 or 2 day trips? What's a typical 4 day trip look like as far as credit, start/end time? I'm from Raleigh and looking to move back this summer and joining the ranks of TSA and live in base.

They suck right now. A lot of one day trips. Followed by 4 day trips, with 11 days off. As we get more airplanes transferred out here. Then it should get better. I can't see the FO lines, so I'm sure you'll able pick up stuff. If we get pbs then that will change how we are able to pick up stuff and how you bid trips.

PackPilot
02-23-2016, 06:07 AM
They suck right now. A lot of one day trips. Followed by 4 day trips, with 11 days off. As we get more airplanes transferred out here. Then it should get better. I can't see the FO lines, so I'm sure you'll able pick up stuff. If we get pbs then that will change how we are able to pick up stuff and how you bid trips.

Thanks for the info. One day trips aren't so bad if you live in base. [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk