Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

dukeorbust
03-01-2016, 09:06 PM
So seeing that Cathay requires that you have the right of abode to apply, and other airlines like Emirates requiring UAE citizenship, are there any foreign an initio programs that will accept Americans with, say a work visa or something similar?

Typhoonpilot
03-01-2016, 11:28 PM
So seeing that Cathay requires that you have the right of abode to apply, and other airlines like Emirates requiring UAE citizenship, are there any foreign ab initio programs that will accept Americans with, say a work visa or something similar?

Etihad took a few when they started their program. Might be worth some research. Years ago Singapore did, but not anymore. Can't think of any others off the tops of my head, but it certainly would be a long shot.

TP

dukeorbust
03-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Etihad took a few when they started their program. Might be worth some research. Years ago Singapore did, but not anymore. Can't think of any others off the tops of my head, but it certainly would be a long shot.

TP

Singapore takes permanent residents if my research is correct? And after looking that up I would have to have worked in Singapore for 6 months prior with an EP or S pass, which I could do with the degree I have right now. Do you know if they would they take Americans with permanent residence?

Banzai Pilot
03-09-2016, 04:54 PM
So seeing that Cathay requires that you have the right of abode to apply, and other airlines like Emirates requiring UAE citizenship, are there any foreign an initio programs that will accept Americans with, say a work visa or something similar?

You have pretty much zero chance of finding what you're looking for. The countries that have ab initio programs, generally reserve them for exclusively their own citizens. Frequently it's only the well heeled or well connected that get chosen. Sorry to dash your hopes.

filejw
03-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Some people consider NYC foreign and I think JetBlue offers some type of zero time program.