Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : PAWA Dominicana

Braniff DC8
03-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Does anyone have any info on this op? Tanks!:eek:

The Dominican
03-11-2016, 01:53 AM
Plenty of Dominican pilots available....., this company doesn't have the capital to support the price war that is upon them now that they have the authorization to fly to the US..., the countdown has started on PAWA..., nothing to see here.

Braniff DC8
03-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Ok. Thanks Dominican. Sounds like Dominicana.

The Dominican
03-11-2016, 10:59 PM
Ok. Thanks Dominican. Sounds like Dominicana.

Oh man Braniff....., you can't even imagine as to how accurate your comment really is....., many of the worse that Dominicana had to offer in terms of human resources (I'll try to keep it clean) are now in decision making positions at the CAA and other agencies that have to do with how the Dominican aviation is developing......! NOT!

All I hope is that the place stays open long enough for my friends to get their 500 pic and do the same thing I did...., Get the hell out!

Braniff DC8
03-12-2016, 07:18 PM
Yikes Dom. Sounds terrible. Hope your countrymen/women are able to weather the storm. Lots of jobs overseas or do Dominicans just like to be home?

The Dominican
03-13-2016, 07:16 AM
do Dominicans just like to be home?

Fried fish by some of the most beautiful beaches and the coldest beer with beautiful and sexually aggressive women all around...., You tell me;)

say again
03-13-2016, 08:06 AM
Fried fish by some of the most beautiful beaches and the coldest beer with beautiful and sexually aggressive women all around...., You tell me;)

Cheers to that!

captjns
03-13-2016, 10:07 AM

Let's not forget some of the best hand rolled cigars too!

I miss flying the charters to Punta Cana. Our crew would layover at the all inclusive resorts with unlimited premium adult beverages. Talk about working vacations.

The Dominican
03-13-2016, 12:57 PM
Amen to that.....! All these reasons and much more is why I am now commuting from there. But I avoid the local aviation scene like the plague...!

When the phone rings and the voice in the other end says "Is this captain so and so?" The standard answer is "You have the wrong number" LOL!

Braniff DC8
03-13-2016, 09:49 PM
What tragic irony!

dmncnpilot
03-14-2016, 03:34 PM
Very sad but everything The Dominican says is true. I'll also add the fact that because of the dirty politics in the DR, it's going to be very difficult to have a successful Dominican Flagship Carrier anytime soon.

Braniff DC8
03-15-2016, 12:10 AM
Thanks second dmncn. What's your AND The Dominicans opinion on Bluesky? Also, Intercaribbean! Have heard IC is in bad financial shape but maybe BlueSky has a chance. We need better carriers in the Caribbean but they come and go down there with except WinAir. I'd like to fly for BlueSky!

dmncnpilot
03-15-2016, 08:15 AM
Thanks second dmncn. What's your AND The Dominicans opinion on Bluesky? Also, Intercaribbean! Have heard IC is in bad financial shape but maybe BlueSky has a chance. We need better carriers in the Caribbean but they come and go down there with except WinAir. I'd like to fly for BlueSky!

I just know what I read about BlueSky and Intercaribbean. You are right about needing better carriers in the Caribbean. IC's intentions are good offering direct flights in between the islands, without having to connect through the US (Miami) Will it survive? Who knows. I hope they do. Their CEO is an airline pilot, not that it makes a difference but I'm rooting for them. IDK about BlueSky, they chose a MX heavy aircraft (so I hear its MX hog) so I hope they're up to the challenge in that department. That there would be a dream job. Flying a nice, modern turboprop all over the Caribbean, where do I sign up :)

Have you looked into Liat?

Braniff DC8
03-15-2016, 09:26 AM
LIAT is always in trouble. No non Carib types either. Thanks again.

Ortizjr
03-02-2017, 04:13 AM
Us Citizen of Dominican descent living in the states. Currently instructing in the states to build up the time to 1500. Any oportunities to fly jets internationally?

The Dominican
03-02-2017, 06:00 AM
Us Citizen of Dominican descent living in the states. Currently instructing in the states to build up the time to 1500. Any oportunities to fly jets internationally?

You are instructing with low time and just want to jump into flying jets:confused: there are no shortcuts compadre.

There are few and far in between opportunities for Dominican pilots in the country and plenty of guys with experience available, you of course have the right as per the construction of the DR to get your Dominican citizenship and give it a world, but guys are leaving the country because there are no opportunities. Good luck!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1