Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Boeing and NAI

DB Cooper
05-01-2016, 10:21 AM
I have heard that Boeing has endorsed the NAI approval with the DOT. This may weaken ALPA's support from the Washington State delegation. If you live in Washington State and haven't yet emailed your elected reps in DC, please do so ASAP!

http://alpa.org/denynai

Thank you
DB

UAL T38 Phlyer
05-01-2016, 12:05 PM
It wouldn't be surprising; they might stand to sell more Sparkies.

Of course, that short-term gain would be negated if the legacies started shrinking and cancelling orders....

But they'd make it up in sales to NEW low-cost companies such as "Somali Air International," with an operating certificate in Ireland, and crews from Liberia.....:mad:

Dat jet
05-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Between the EX IM bank and this, Boeing is a joke. They can't play the middle forever.

Winston
05-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Between the EX IM bank and this, Boeing is a joke. They can't play the middle forever.

And don't forget that those below market rate loans provided to foreign carriers (that US airlines can't access) are funded by our taxpayer dollars.

We're getting boned from every direction.

FlyAK
05-14-2016, 08:37 PM
Who cares? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" right?

Max Glide
06-24-2016, 12:42 PM

Sure. Continue to believe in this!
Any why would Boeing care about you [Airline Pilots]?
I wouldn't if I were Boeing!

Packrat
06-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Boeing is in the business of building/selling airliners. They're not in the airline business and could care less about how crews are employed/paid.