Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Makanakis
05-09-2016, 11:17 PM
The Emirates Group today announced its 28th consecutive year of profit

Emirates Group announces record profits (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/middle-east/emirates-group-announces-record-profits/)

FAAFlyer
05-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I am sure that's legitimate.

PILOTGUY
05-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I am sure that's legitimate.

Ha, the butthurt is strong with this one.

GogglesPisano
05-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Do they have profit sharing?

NASA
05-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Do they have profit sharing?

They certainly do in the form of a bonus.

Kapitanleutnant
05-10-2016, 10:23 PM
The boys got 5 weeks bonus this year. Announced May 10th. Not nearly what they deserved for flying 98 hours a month with 9 days off average.

Slave Ship Airlines.

FAAFlyer
05-15-2016, 11:28 AM
Ha, the butthurt is strong with this one.

I'm not butthurt, whatever that means?

I based my opinion on the fact that Emirates is "privately" owned.

Given the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy I'd be wary of the gulf carriers long term viability.

I'd say the former Prime Minister of the UAE stated it best: "My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I drive a Mercedes, my son drives a Land Rover, his son will drive a Land Rover, but his son will ride a camel"

The Dominican
05-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Given the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy I'd be wary of the gulf carriers long term viability.

You really believe that nonsense? The whole world will do a radical move to depend on batteries hum?

The "renewable energy industry" is just that..., another industry! :rolleyes:

FAAFlyer
05-16-2016, 06:47 AM
You really believe that nonsense? The whole world will do a radical move to depend on batteries hum?

The "renewable energy industry" is just that..., another industry! :rolleyes:

Yes, once we reach the right economies of scale. That's why it needs to be produced by industries. Those industries are beginning to realize the economies of scale necessary for increasing production. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power_in_the_United_States#Growth

I have no idea why you'd be sarcastic about industry producing renewable energy?