Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Makanakis
06-27-2016, 03:29 AM
They keep growing in the US

Norwegian Launches Flights from Fort Lauderdale to the French Caribbean (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/europe/norwegian-launches-flights-fort-lauderdale-french-caribbean/)

NEDude
06-27-2016, 04:04 AM

Norwegian Launches Flights from Fort Lauderdale to the French Caribbean (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/europe/norwegian-launches-flights-fort-lauderdale-french-caribbean/)

What equipment are they using, 787 or 737? And which certificate, NAI, NAS, NLH?

Shrek
06-27-2016, 05:42 AM

Norwegian is NOT NAI.

NEDude
06-27-2016, 03:57 PM
Norwegian is NOT NAI.

NAS, NAI and NLH all operate under the same banner. You book tickets on one site, the planes are all painted the same, the crew uniforms are all the same. Just different operating certificates. So the question still remains, which certificate and which equipment is being used for the operations between the European territories in the Caribbean and the United States?

pattupilot
06-28-2016, 09:06 AM
They need to be stopped with the way the operate. I hope they dont ruin the American market like they did in Europe.

Denti
06-28-2016, 10:37 PM
They need to be stopped with the way the operate. I hope they dont ruin the American market like they did in Europe.

I am really not a friend of Norwegian, but they certainly didn't ruin the european market. That was done way before them. The biggest one is probably Ryanair, but lots of small airlines have used dodgy employment practices including pay to fly before Norwegian had any influence on the market.

However, im all for stopping their NAI expansion, longhaul flights with a flag of convenience setup is not something i want in the marketplace.

sonicguy
07-02-2016, 03:55 AM
Where are the pilots based then? in FLL?

viking767
07-02-2016, 09:31 AM
European 737 operation. Crews are TDY for the season based at FDF or PDP.

Csy Mon
07-02-2016, 07:59 PM
NAS, NAI and NLH all operate under the same banner. You book tickets on one site, the planes are all painted the same, the crew uniforms are all the same. Just different operating certificates. So the question still remains, which certificate and which equipment is being used for the operations between the European territories in the Caribbean and the United States?

The problem started when the 737 pilots working for Norwgian Air forgot to include a scope clause in the their contract.
So the boss order a fleet of B-787s for long-haul and hire a bunch of contractors to fly them. Same owner, same paint job, same everything but with the liberal EU rules he started a "new" company in Ireland to bypass the Norwegian labor laws, then cranks up a base in Bangkok getting cheap cabin crews from that part of the world, a London base for ex-pat pilots getting tired of the Middel East and China paying them just about enough to get qualified applicants, but not a shekel more.
Then using free flight agreements they start flying to the US: Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, New York, San Fran, etc., while applying for permanent rights and routes using a temporary approval.

The above in a nut-shell but so far everything is legal, no scabbing, no violations, just setting the bar lower and lower.
With the present and future pilot shortage they will probably have to up the ante a bit, but for now it is working. :eek:

. Viking767

That you BA?

The Dominican
07-03-2016, 03:45 AM
Funny how nobody has a problem with Ethiopian flying to the US with a lower salary than this company..., or how Aeromexico or LATAM flying for decades now with literally half what this company captains make.....! We need to concentrate in raising T&C's for aviators around the world and not follow the politics of blame against one pilot group...., especially one that is not the lowest paid around the world..., by far!

Typhoonpilot
07-03-2016, 07:14 AM
Funny how nobody has a problem with Ethiopian flying to the US with a lower salary than this company..., or how Aeromexico or LATAM flying for decades now with literally half what this company captains make.....! We need to concentrate in raising T&C's for aviators around the world and not follow the politics of blame against one pilot group...., especially one that is not the lowest paid around the world..., by far!

I've been saying the same thing about pay for 2 years now. It's even worse though, American Airlines employs South American based flight attendants on 1/3 the pay and benefits of their North American counterparts, but that's okay I guess!!!

ALPA spins all these guys up about a boogey man under the bed while their carriers sign endless joint venture agreements with their alliance partners farming out pretty much all future international growth to the partner, but they'll still blame lack of widebody growth on the external competitor that they have no control over. Hey, but they got some domestic narrowbody feed out of the deal :rolleyes:

TP

Csy Mon
07-03-2016, 10:40 AM
. I've been saying the same thing about pay for 2 years now. It's even worse though, American Airlines employs South American based flight attendants on 1/3 the pay and benefits of their North American counterparts, but that's okay I guess!!!

And don't forget how AA and UA pilots embraced B scale, how ValueJet charged for training, then paid peanuts, how commuter pilots
qualified for food stamps.
Where was ALPA amd the their protest and campaigns in all that? :rolleyes:

Still in Dubai Typhoonpilot?

Dolphinflyer
07-05-2016, 06:28 PM
I've been saying the same thing about pay for 2 years now. It's even worse though, American Airlines employs South American based flight attendants on 1/3 the pay and benefits of their North American counterparts, but that's okay I guess!!!

ALPA spins all these guys up about a boogey man under the bed while their carriers sign endless joint venture agreements with their alliance partners farming out pretty much all future international growth to the partner, but they'll still blame lack of widebody growth on the external competitor that they have no control over. Hey, but they got some domestic narrowbody feed out of the deal :rolleyes:

TP

Those FA's came with major restrictions on job elimination in various countries with the purchase of routes from Eastern, Braniff and whoever they were before that.
AAL didn't have a choice and as control freaks, would've preferred them to be US based.

The Dominican
07-06-2016, 03:20 AM
Those FA's came with major restrictions on job elimination in various countries with the purchase of routes from Eastern, Braniff and whoever they were before that.
AAL didn't have a choice and as control freaks, would've preferred them to be US based.

I'm very familiar with those agreements since it destroyed aviation all throughout Latin America......, and with no intention to offend...., you have consumed the story as it was beautifully presented to you....., the reality today is that ALL airlines, American or otherwise engage in hiring of locals with satellite companies on local terms that are far lower not only to what their US counterparts are earning but with enough layers in between mainline and the foreign employee to make any recourse pretty much an exercise in futility...!

The hypocrisies of life:rolleyes:

There is line
09-01-2016, 05:35 AM
What are the requirements to get on with Norwegian? How's the pay? Bases? Benefits? Is there a website with more info that just the official airline website?
Thanks

Thedude
09-01-2016, 05:45 PM

Where does ET fly to in the US other than DC ?
And that flight leaves ADD and makes a tech stop/crew change in Rome.

NEDude
09-03-2016, 12:51 AM
What are the requirements to get on with Norwegian? How's the pay? Bases? Benefits? Is there a website with more info that just the official airline website?
Thanks

Pilot Jobs | Aviation Jobs | Airline Pilot Jobs - Rishworth Aviation (http://www.rishworthaviation.com)

Requires an EASA ATPL, but no mention of right to live and work in the EU (but I would assume that is a requirement as well). Travel benefits on Norwegian services only.

Wink
09-03-2016, 03:50 AM
Where are the pilots based then? in FLL?

I know a girl going through the interview process as a flight attendant and she said she would be based in FLL

Csy Mon
09-03-2016, 04:13 AM
. Requires an EASA ATPL, but no mention of right to live and work in the EU (but I would assume that is a requirement as well). Travel benefits on Norwegian services only.

They are hiring pilots for US bases, need European tickets and US green card or US Citizenship.
Rare combo.

NEDude
09-03-2016, 04:49 AM
They are hiring pilots for US bases, need European tickets and US green card or US Citizenship.
Rare combo.

Interesting...

Just went through the process and have dual US & Irish citizenship. Was only offered LGW. In fact there was no mention of a base in FLL. Would not accept FLL if offered though as I am firmly established in Euroland now.

Csy Mon
09-07-2016, 05:16 PM
Interesting...

Just went through the process and have dual US & Irish citizenship. Was only offered LGW. In fact there was no mention of a base in FLL. Would not accept FLL if offered though as I am firmly established in Euroland now.

My information may be outdated by 6 months.
They were hiring for a Florida and a New York base, mostly F/As.
They would also hire Pilots so as to prove they are creating jobs in the US with the going Local rate.
(Let's take a look at that: 787 Captains in the US, even Junior guys should see at least $250k a year. Norwegain pays about half of that.
On the other hand, 747-400 and MD-11 guys from the MIA corrosion corner get compensated about the same in the left seat: $110k if lucky and before overtime, International Widebody. SkyLease and similar like Centurion, Western Global, etc.)

NEDude
09-07-2016, 08:57 PM
My information may be outdated by 6 months.
They were hiring for a Florida and a New York base, mostly F/As.
They would also hire Pilots so as to prove they are creating jobs in the US with the going Local rate.
(Let's take a look at that: 787 Captains in the US, even Junior guys should see at least $250k a year. Norwegain pays about half of that.
On the other hand, 747-400 and MD-11 guys from the MIA corrosion corner get compensated about the same in the left seat: $110k if lucky and before overtime, International Widebody. SkyLease and similar like Centurion, Western Global, etc.)

Just saw that JustPlanes put a new video out on Youtube about the Norwegian U.S. - Caribbean operations. It appears to be all 737 flying, not 787 flying. So it would look like any U.S. bases would be 737 stuff. As for the 787, all I can find online right now is information regarding the LGW base.

Crunch
10-27-2016, 12:13 PM
I see this thread is a little dated, but thought I would contribute this:

Norwegian job opening for 787 FO FLL base

https://www.webcruiter.no/WcMain/AdvertViewPublic.aspx?oppdragsnr=3220592232&Company_Id=2588822482&cols=4,7&orderby=4&listtype=1&culture_Id=EN&link_source_id=0

Marvelman
10-27-2016, 01:19 PM
NAI USA : " Suckers Wanted in the USA "

---------------
--- Background:

Link - https://www.thestreet.com/story/1253...them-well.html

At the start of NAI's inception in 2014, Its CEO, Kjos, stated on record: " I need Experienced Pilots and I pay Them Well".
In his statement : Norwegian pays its captains about $170,000 annually and pays first officers about half that, Kjos said. A typical hire might be a pilot who is about to retire, has flown 20 years for a major European carrier and would like to spend a few years flying the Boeing 787 and living in Bangkok. "They think the pay and salary are quite good," Kjos said, adding: "For me to sleep well at night, I need experienced long-haul pilots."

--- Summary:

Their CEO stated on record, $170,000 yearly, which is over $ 14,000 month, - and - demands 20 years major European airline experience ?

Their FLL wanted ad states " Captain $10,000 month, which is $ 120,000 yearly, which is - $50,000 LESS than his own statement on record,
- and -
Experience "1,000 hours on a wide body or narrow body aircraft in long haul operation ", far away from his own bold statement , of " flown 20 years for a major European carrier ".

--- Conclusion:

NAI's CEO speaking out of both sides of his mouth - OR - simply " Suckers Wanted in the USA ".

Which one is it Mr Kjos ???

There is not enough "Ambien" in the world for this kind of Disparate Monkey Business .

The bottom line is Exploitation for those willing to accept this second class citizen status, under Kjos's USA project.

Furthermore, It is highly amusing. Anybody can spin anything with various BS and non sense blah blah. The ONLY thing that counts here is the FACT , that NAI pays $170,000 in Bangkok and offers $120,000 in Ft.Lauderdale.
$50,000 LESS. " Suckers Wanted in the USA "
Again 170 VS 120 . Period. End of Story.

----------------

BestJetPilot
10-28-2016, 11:39 AM
This is exciting. It sounds like a good fast-track to the legacies.

Marvelman
10-28-2016, 07:33 PM
This is exciting. It sounds like a good fast-track to the legacies.

If you have what it takes to get in there, then, you have what it takes to get in here. Don't sell yourself short.

Further, there are well over 100 plus pages in, airlinepilotforums, and, pprune, about underhanded Norwegian tactics NLH / NAI, and , many press reports from 2014 to present, on and on.
Now they are actively targeting suckers in this country, and, it is highly amusing that some disconnected poorly informed souls here are in a lala fantasy land.
Yet they don't have US-DOT approval, but, they are in a "hurry to hire US pilots".
And by their NAI-USA COO admittance they are just "looking for 24 pilots for one plane, to start some time in the first six months of 2017.
1 base captain + 9 captains + 5 relief captains + 9 f/os."
In addition, for Non-rated 777/787 , they have a 3 year training bond upfront. 30k for Boeing pilots and 40k for non-Boeing pilots, again upfront. Offer: Low substandard pay with an ironclad style training bond thru an agency and not a direct contract.
Furthermore, In Norway, their home base European operation, their CEO admitted a few months ago, that they had to cancel many flights due to lack of pilots, and he stated 265 pilots must get hired this year in their European operation to avoid further flight cancellations. They had to pay their existing pilots quadruple rates to fly overtime to avoid further cancellations as a quick fix.

-----

Oooo
10-29-2016, 07:01 AM
Don't get all worked up, this is a different company than the 787 operator

Marvelman
10-29-2016, 08:32 AM
Don't get all worked up, this is a different company than the 787 operator

Say What ??????? Relevance Zero.
Some of you here are just clueless and then on top of it you want to comment with total non-sense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norwegian -- Same Company and Same CEO - All operations with 737s and 787s -
"different locations / names" for numerous reasons of convenience:

CEO - Bjorn Kjos, since 2002. Former RN Air Force Pilot and Attorney. One of the founding partners.

Norwegian Air Shuttle
Norwegian Long Haul
Norwegian Air UK
Norwegian Air International

Norwegian Air UK failed to obtain US DOT approval / permit.
Norwegian Air International still pending US DOT approval / permit,
NAI-USA 787 / FLL does NOT have any approval.

---

Marvelman
10-29-2016, 09:00 AM
Posted Today --Link
Norwegian B787 - FLL based - Page 3 - PPRuNe Forums
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dagens Naeringsliv or DN, Norway’s leading business newspaper, article:

“Kjos aircraft and Spinning Mill Ltd.” – “The boss and spin doctor”

Kjos Flymaskin og Spinneri Ltd. (DN+) - DN.no

Those seeking an indirect and precarious, but “more prestigious” position with Norwegian, should accept the OSM invitation to submit questions, as stated in their advertisement:-

Captains B787 US, FLL - OSM Aviation Group

“OSM will answer all your queries relating to the contract, employment and training cost bond”

[email protected] - Please provide full details:
A sample working pattern/roster expected with Norwegian.
Roster bidding/request options.
Health Insurance plan for employee and family members.
Retirement plan.
Employee and family travel benefits.
Incremental pay scales.
Seniority list promotion opportunities with Norwegian.
The training cost payable before beginning the assignment, specifically;
(i) Refund should an EASA license not be obtained within the stated period.
(ii) Refund should Norwegian terminate my Service Provider Agreement with OSM for any reason.
(iii) The interest earned.
The affect on my employment with OSM and my options for any alternative OSM airline assignment or notice period payment, should Norwegian terminate my Service Provider Agreement before the 3-year term.
A sample employment contract for review.
You can also keep shtum, apply and join, hand over the “training cost” pay-to-fly cash, roll over and be unpleasantly surprised by copious smiling rock ape hypocrisy.

---

avi8tor614
02-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Hello everyone, I have completed my application online and on test 4 for Norwegian. I currently am employed by mesa airlines best regional in the "world" LOL. Can someone who works at Norwegian PM me. I need to get out Mesa, as much as I love the PEOPLE the management and company does not have my best interest in mind and I'm ok with that. I have 7000 hours time majority of it in turbo props I have over 1000 hours in jets. I'm just trying to find a descent company I fit in and make an OK living. I've tried United, JetBlue, Spirit, and a list of others. Not tooting my own horn but I am descent pilot and everyone I've known or flown with enjoys flying with me so I guess I'm ok to fly with. I just asked someone about Xtra airways and the captain there contacted me so I'm throwing my hat in that rink too. I hate to look overseas but if my own home people don't want me, I have to do what I have to do.

Thanks for any help in advance, Ill finish up those test within two days my head hurts I'm a pilot not an English professor ;)

WHACKMASTER
02-11-2017, 06:48 AM
Where's that facepalm emoticon when I need it?

Lucky8888
02-11-2017, 03:38 PM
I'm a pilot not an English professor ;)

Obviously.

Csy Mon
02-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Thanks for any help in advance, Ill finish up those test within two days my head hurts I'm a pilot not an English professor

Is this on the B-737s?
Do you still have to get the Euro tickets within 1 year, studying on your days off?
You locked in on the flufs, or can you bid over to the 787s with a US base in the future?
You'd probably be better off with JetBlue or Spirit, the EU tickets are a b!tch to get.:(

Geardownflaps30
02-12-2017, 09:30 AM
Hello everyone, I have completed my application online and on test 4 for Norwegian. I currently am employed by mesa airlines best regional in the "world" LOL. Can someone who works at Norwegian PM me. I need to get out Mesa, as much as I love the PEOPLE the management and company does not have my best interest in mind and I'm ok with that. I have 7000 hours time majority of it in turbo props I have over 1000 hours in jets. I'm just trying to find a descent company I fit in and make an OK living. I've tried United, JetBlue, Spirit, and a list of others. Not tooting my own horn but I am descent pilot and everyone I've known or flown with enjoys flying with me so I guess I'm ok to fly with. I just asked someone about Xtra airways and the captain there contacted me so I'm throwing my hat in that rink too. I hate to look overseas but if my own home people don't want me, I have to do what I have to do.

Thanks for any help in advance, Ill finish up those test within two days my head hurts I'm a pilot not an English professor ;)

So you only are a "descent" pilot? The other pilot flies the "ascent"?!

shootr
02-12-2017, 01:01 PM
Any of you US pilots "thinking" of going there (NAI), be careful. There is already talk of loss of JS for life...and being blackballed from US carriers for life. Don't make this bed for yourself.

BTW, you will not be welcomed on my JS. Better live in PVD.

captjns
02-12-2017, 02:53 PM
Any of you US pilots "thinking" of going there (NAI), be careful. There is already talk of loss of JS for life...and being blackballed from US carriers for life. Don't make this bed for yourself.

Yeah, I heard the same thing from the 7-11 cashier:rolleyes:. Don't worry. I'll wager many wouldn't want to ride your jumpseat let alone be in the same hemisphere where you're flying.

WHACKMASTER
02-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I heard the same thing from the 7-11 cashier:rolleyes:. Don't worry. I'll wager many wouldn't want to ride your jumpseat let alone be in the same hemisphere where you're flying.

Better make that two of us. Not that they'll be able to jumpseat as it's a foreign carrier, but even if they could it sure as hell wouldn't be on my aircraft.

Like the man wrote previously......careful about the bed you make to lie in. Given present day circumstances you WILL be looked at as the equivelent of a scab.

The Dominican
02-12-2017, 08:19 PM
All this tought talk was going around for gojets back in the day......, once the lazer is focused somewhere else and all you cats follow it...., all this tough talk will be forgotten.....!

As a matter of fact i remenber some of this same style tough talk about SWA back in the day......., lots of tough talk about the scabs at CAL......, The simple truth is that you are all ver easily manipulated......, and we all have the attention span of a goldfish.......!

NEDude
02-13-2017, 12:56 AM
All this tought talk was going around for gojets back in the day......, once the lazer is focused somewhere else and all you cats follow it...., all this tough talk will be forgotten.....!

As a matter of fact i remenber some of this same style tough talk about SWA back in the day......., lots of tough talk about the scabs at CAL......, The simple truth is that you are all ver easily manipulated......, and we all have the attention span of a goldfish.......!

Don't forget Freedom Air!

Virgin America pilots also got the threat of jumpseat bans and blacklists as well.

The EASA license is not that hard to get. The expense is the worst part and it appears Norwegian is helping on that front.

aa73
02-13-2017, 03:32 AM
GoJets, Virgin, Freedom Air, etc...all had one thing in common: they were NOT Flag of Convenience threats to our careers. Non-union, yes...they eventually unionized... but there is still a huge difference between that and what NAI is. Two completely different animals.

Packrat
02-13-2017, 03:44 AM
Either way, they're not scabs. Scab is a term that shouldn't be devalued.

The Dominican
02-13-2017, 04:43 AM
GoJets, Virgin, Freedom Air, etc...all had one thing in common: they were NOT Flag of Convenience threats to our careers. Non-union, yes...they eventually unionized... but there is still a huge difference between that and what NAI is. Two completely different animals.

COPA....., that's a flag of convenience that they placed right under everyone's nose with mainline investment and nonunion pilots working for 60% of what NAI pilots make.......:rolleyes:
Aeromexico, GOL......, etc. flying 787 competing on the us market with mainline investment and captains making a lot less than a regional captain.

Open your eyes people...., stop being cats chasing the laser pointer....!

aa73
02-13-2017, 05:34 AM
deleted...

Csy Mon
02-13-2017, 05:49 AM
. The EASA license is not that hard to get. The expense is the worst part and it appears Norwegian is helping on that front.

Maybe it has changed lately, but it was 14 different written tests taking courses over a year?
Sounds like a pain in the tail pipe to me :(

airbus300
02-13-2017, 06:26 AM
Norwegian Air says their fares are 30 to 70 percent lower in this article:
But Norwegian Air, in the wake of those damning assertions, was quick to point out to the Chicago Business Journal that, from its perspective, the upstart carrier — which offers fares to Europe 30 percent to 70 percent lower than those typically charged by United, Delta and American — is fully compliant with the Open Skies agreement signed in 2007 between the United States and the European Union.

What's more as the Ireland-based carrier rapidly expands service to the United States on a growing Boeing Dreamliner fleet, it is rapidly hiring American cabin crew to support its expanding operations. A spokesman for Norwegian Air said that at the end of 2016, the carrier had 500 U.S.-based cabin crew working for the airline and expects to have upwards of 1,000 U.S.-based crew by the end of 2017.

NEDude
02-13-2017, 07:59 AM
Maybe it has changed lately, but it was 14 different written tests taking courses over a year?
Sounds like a pain in the tail pipe to me :(

Still 14 exams. But can be done over a few months if you apply yourself. I only worked on it part time and from first exam to license in hand was less than 8 months.

NEDude
02-13-2017, 08:05 AM
Norwegian Air says their fares are 30 to 70 percent lower in this article:
But Norwegian Air, in the wake of those damning assertions, was quick to point out to the Chicago Business Journal that, from its perspective, the upstart carrier — which offers fares to Europe 30 percent to 70 percent lower than those typically charged by United, Delta and American — is fully compliant with the Open Skies agreement signed in 2007 between the United States and the European Union.

What's more as the Ireland-based carrier rapidly expands service to the United States on a growing Boeing Dreamliner fleet, it is rapidly hiring American cabin crew to support its expanding operations. A spokesman for Norwegian Air said that at the end of 2016, the carrier had 500 U.S.-based cabin crew working for the airline and expects to have upwards of 1,000 U.S.-based crew by the end of 2017.

Interesting in that the Ireland carrier does not have any 787s. All of the 787s are operated by the Norwegian Air Shuttle AOC which is based in Norway. Norwegian Air International only operates 737s. They may transfer some 787s in the future, but at this point all of the Dreamliners are operated under the Norwegian operation. So when you see a Norwegian 787 in the States, they ARE NOT NAI.

Just noticed yesterday when departing CPH that some of the Norwegian flights use the "Norshuttle" callsign and some use the "Nortrans" callsign. Pretty sure "Norshuttle" is the Norwegian AOC and "Nortrans" is NAI.

Broncofan
02-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Sorry for a question thats probably been answered a million times by now but how is Norwegian flying 737s out of FLL? Dont they at one point or another have to get back to Norway?

WHACKMASTER
02-13-2017, 11:00 AM
Why the need for such a shell game in the first place? Pretty telling :rolleyes:

NEDude
02-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Why the need for such a shell game in the first place? Pretty telling :rolleyes:

Pretty telling that after multiple threads on the subject, numerous news articles and the very simple ability to do a Google search, that you are still apparently completely ignorant to the numerous financial advantages and the aircraft utilisation advantages offered by having an operation in Ireland :rolleyes:

NEDude
02-13-2017, 11:35 AM
Sorry for a question thats probably been answered a million times by now but how is Norwegian flying 737s out of FLL? Dont they at one point or another have to get back to Norway?

It is called the European Economic Area, or EEA. The EEA is the EU minus the agricultural and fishing regulations. Norway is part of the EEA, so like airlines from any EU or EEA nation, they are free to operate to and from any nation or territory of the EU and EEA. So no, they are not required to get back to Norway at any point, they just have to go to or from an EU/EEA nation or territory.

The flying they are doing between the Caribbean and the US on their own branding is done from EU territories in the Caribbean, specifically Martinique and Guadeloupe. Apparently they are doing some wet lease flying for some of the US vacation companies as well, similar to what Miami Air does when they operate within Europe.

Clear left
02-13-2017, 01:08 PM
NE Dude Just curious who you used for the exams.I'm thinking of doing them myself and am considering BGS.

NEDude
02-13-2017, 01:14 PM
NE Dude Just curious who you used for the exams.I'm thinking of doing them myself and am considering BGS.

I used Bristol, their ATPL Digital program. I supplemented it with a question bank. It worked well.

WHACKMASTER
02-13-2017, 01:49 PM
Pretty telling that after multiple threads on the subject, numerous news articles and the very simple ability to do a Google search, that you are still apparently completely ignorant to the numerous financial advantages and the aircraft utilisation advantages offered by having an operation in Ireland :rolleyes:

I rest my case. Flag of Convenience.

captjns
02-13-2017, 06:17 PM
I used Bristol, their ATPL Digital program. I supplemented it with a question bank. It worked well.

Second that... I used them in 2005.

David Puddy
02-13-2017, 06:46 PM

Let me guess, you work for the buggy whip industry? If the NAI/UK operation is deemed legal and permitted by a bilateral agreement, then professionalism should be expected for US based pilots. Do you accept Allegiant, Spirit, Frontier or other ULCC pilots on your flight deck even though their companies are undercutting profit margins at the legacies through increased competition? Quit being such a big DOOOOOOOOOOOSH Bag!

The Dominican
02-13-2017, 09:26 PM
Let me guess, you work for the buggy whip industry? If the NAI/UK operation is deemed legal and permitted by a bilateral agreement, then professionalism should be expected for US based pilots. Do you accept Allegiant, Spirit, Frontier or other ULCC pilots on your flight deck even though their companies are undercutting profit margins at the legacies through increased competition? Quit being such a big DOOOOOOOOOOOSH Bag!

Nothing but internet posturing......, he probably have given rides to many UCAL actual scabs without a care in the world.....!:rolleyes:

Soon the laser pointer will be directed at the new distraction and NAI pilots jump seats will be as common as Gojets....! :D

Remember the ME3 blacklist? How some guys here knew someone at HR and they were told that the pilots from the ME3 won't be hired?

All nonsense.....!

NEDude
02-14-2017, 02:08 AM
Nothing but internet posturing......, he probably have given rides to many UCAL actual scabs without a care in the world.....!:rolleyes:

Soon the laser pointer will be directed at the new distraction and NAI pilots jump seats will be as common as Gojets....! :D

Remember the ME3 blacklist? How some guys here knew someone at HR and they were told that the pilots from the ME3 won't be hired?

All nonsense.....!

I love the laser pointer analogy! Very accurate.

NEDude
02-14-2017, 02:17 AM
I rest my case. Flag of Convenience.

But within the laws of the EU and EEA agreements. They are not setting up shop outside of the EU, or circumventing any EU laws and regulations. Ireland is part of the EU and is party to the Open Skies treaty. The establishment of the Irish AOC was done in conjunction with EU/EEA agreements. They have done nothing that has allowed them to circumvent European labour laws, and establishing an AOC in another European country that is a party to the Open Skies treaty is not prohibited by the Open Skies treaty. Arguing that Norwegian is violating EU labour laws by setting up a flag of convenience in an EU country is just silly. It would be as silly as arguing that a New York company is trying to get around U.S. law by setting up a subsidiary in Delaware to take advantage of Delaware's corporate tax advantages.

pilotgolfer
02-14-2017, 05:41 AM

What's a descent pilot? Is that a pilot that only knows how to go down?

Grumble
02-16-2017, 12:15 AM
Keep trying to convince yourselves that you're not doing anything wrong. For every guy on here that says they won't let a Norwegian pilot on their Jumpsest, I've flown with 25 more that say the same.

Scabbing is legal and permitted under the law...

The LCCs in the US are unionized, and are trying to lift themselves up to major pay/QOL. (Good luck doing that as an independent contractor) Yes their exsistence has put downward pressure on the majors pay and QOL over the decades. What they HAVENT done is participate in a completely new business model designed to destroy the industry. Professional courtesy? You must be kidding me. Flag of conveinience. If you don't understand the difference I can't help you, but I can promise you'll almost never see a jumpsest, and having NAI on your resume will be a showstopper for every other ALPA carrier and pilot you meet. If you think I'm kidding, there are DENYNAI billboards in the flight ops spaces of every airport we domicile out of, it's all over our private message boards, and the awareness campaign has brought member awareness to almost 100% based on recent experience.

PotatoChip
02-16-2017, 07:16 AM
What they HAVENT done is participate in a completely new business model designed to destroy the industry.

I'd argue that Southwest did exactly this.

Grumble
02-16-2017, 09:26 AM
I'd argue that Southwest did exactly this.

Trying to make that comparison would be proving you don't understand the problem with working for NAI. They are a US flagged carrier, and they are not working as independent contractors.

PotatoChip
02-16-2017, 09:39 AM
Trying to make that comparison would be proving you don't understand the problem with working for NAI. They are a US flagged carrier, and they are not working as independent contractors.

But they did create a completely new business model that eventually disrupted the entire airline industry. Oh, and in the meantime while they were growing, they were underpaying their employees, pilots included. It could be argued that Southwest was largely responsible for the stagnation and/or decrease in pilot wages for a period of time.

NAI isn't the problem. The current regulations that allow it to happen are the problem. As someone argued before, thousands of corporations in the US have pseudo headquarters located in Delaware due to significant tax credits allowed. It's perfectly legal. No one want calls everyone at Bank of America scabs and whatever else because the company takes advantage of this.

Calling out NAI and people who work there WILL NOT fix the ultimate problem. If people decide not to apply because of the compensation and working conditions, that MIGHT increase those, however, the underlying problem with the EU and Open Skies will still exist. If you want to fix the problem, work on fixing that.

Callout
02-18-2017, 12:31 PM

I can tell you that Aeromexico has never lowered the bar. They are by far the highest paid in North America and South, with 787 Captains making the same if not more than In the U.S. Don't know about the other airlines you mentioned.

The Dominican
02-18-2017, 03:52 PM
I can tell you that Aeromexico has never lowered the bar. They are by far the highest paid in North America and South, with 787 Captains making the same if not more than In the U.S. Don't know about the other airlines you mentioned.

Welcome to the site...., that's a hell of a first post.......! But I would recommend that you try and get some knowledge about the issue you will discuss because that comment you made was beyond ridiculous. It's borderline sad:confused:

Callout
02-19-2017, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the site...., that's a hell of a first post.......! But I would recommend that you try and get some knowledge about the issue you will discuss because that comment you made was beyond ridiculous. It's borderline sad:confused:

I'm a line Captain on the 787 at Aeromexico with many aquaintances at Delta due to most of our training since the 737 was done at Delta.
We keep in touch and have a beer once in a while. Is that Ok knowledge? Thank's for the welcome.

The Dominican
02-19-2017, 10:34 AM
I'm a line Captain on the 787 at Aeromexico with many aquaintances at Delta due to most of our training since the 737 was done at Delta.
We keep in touch and have a beer once in a while. Is that Ok knowledge? Thank's for the welcome.

Then you know that the average widebody salary at DAL is about 25,000 per month......, thank you for making more than that and keeping the bar way high:rolleyes:

Callout
02-19-2017, 01:40 PM
Then you know that the average widebody salary at DAL is about 25,000 per month......, thank you for making more than that and keeping the bar way high:rolleyes:

It was a long road. I am very happy for them and so should everybody in the industry.

Callout
02-19-2017, 01:55 PM

777 guys are doing that, they have a slighty higher pay scale. Little more if they throw in some days off.

galaxy flyer
02-19-2017, 02:55 PM
Call out,

So, AeroMexico pilots are making $25,000 US per MONTH. I doubt it.

GF

The Dominican
02-19-2017, 03:43 PM
Yeah....., the days they do their peyote they even make 30K per month....!

LOL.......! You just read all kinds of rubbish on these sites....!

Callout
02-19-2017, 07:36 PM
Not even including end of the year bonuses, so that could be even higher depending on equipment type. Looking forward to this JV with Delta. Great airline to have on board. Just sharing thoughts and facts. Thought it might share a diferent perspective as to how some percieve other parts of the industry. Doubt it? That's fine. That's respectable but also don't just discard someones knowledge just because. Do your research but I doubt our union will hand out our contract to just anybody. No rubbish as far as I am concerned. Signing out. No positive feed here. Take care guys.

PotatoChip
02-20-2017, 05:40 AM
Not even including end of the year bonuses, so that could be even higher depending on equipment type. Looking forward to this JV with Delta. Great airline to have on board. Just sharing thoughts and facts. Thought it might share a diferent perspective as to how some percieve other parts of the industry. Doubt it? That's fine. That's respectable but also don't just discard someones knowledge just because. Do your research but I doubt our union will hand out our contract to just anybody. No rubbish as far as I am concerned. Signing out. No positive feed here. Take care guys.

Lol...
Neither of those guys is in a union and both are quite familiar with contracts.
I can't find any specific info on Aeromexico compensation so I'd love to see some if you can provide it.

captjns
02-20-2017, 05:58 AM
Call out,

So, AeroMexico pilots are making $25,000 US per MONTH. I doubt it.

GF

Perhaps that's 25,000 MX Pesos?:)

JTwift
02-22-2017, 07:24 AM
Does anyone know if Norwegian will get you to/from FLL or their Northeast bases, or is it on your own?

zondaracer
02-22-2017, 08:21 AM
Does anyone know if Norwegian will get you to/from FLL or their Northeast bases, or is it on your own?

You mean as a commuter? Don't count on it. Additionally, Norwegian won't have any jumpseat agreements with any US carriers.

JTwift
02-22-2017, 08:28 AM
You mean as a commuter? Don't count on it. Additionally, Norwegian won't have any jumpseat agreements with any US carriers.

Yeah, I figured as much.

Makanakis
02-23-2017, 02:59 AM
Here they come:

Norwegian Unveils Ten New Routes to the USA from the UK and Ireland (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/europe/norwegian-unveils-ten-new-routes-usa-uk-ireland/)

intrepidcv11
02-23-2017, 07:40 PM

According to OSM, Providence is well known to be one of the most desirable places to live in the US. Why would you ever commute when you can live in Providence?

JTwift
02-24-2017, 02:05 AM
According to OSM, Providence is well known to be one of the most desirable places to live in the US. Why would you ever commute when you can live in Providence?

Well, FLL was the other option.

Usafbmw
02-24-2017, 03:14 AM
FYI for anyone interested. Be warned!!!

737 Max first then 787...

The B737 Max8

The Job

Successful applicants will be employed by OSM Aviation Inc., based at Providence Theodore Francis Green International Airport (PVD), RI or Newburgh Stewart International Airport (SWF), NY, flying Norwegian B737 MAX on our new medium long haul operation.

The Airline

Norwegian is a high quality airline with 118 aircrafts in its fleet. In addition, they have a firm order on 260 new aircrafts. They operate Boeing 737NG and B787.
Norwegian has repetitiously won Best Low Cost Airline for both Short Haul- and Long Haul carrier.
Norwegian is Launch customer for the MAX in Europe, and the first to set the aircraft into production.

The Employer
OSM Aviation was established only 3 years ago and has already positioned itself as one of the worlds leading crew management companies.
Our misson is to be a responsible employer ensuring best practice…..It’s all about people!
OSM Aviation vow always to be a socially responsible employer, abiding by the law and taxation regulations in all countries and territories where we employ people. Our employees shall feel secure in their employment and feel pride in the work they do.

Our Bases

We currently operate the below bases. Availability depends on the popularity of each base. Norwegian has a base bidding system where all short haul pilots can get their bids fullfilled in order of seniority
USA:
Providence Theodore Francis Green International Airport (PVD), RI Newburgh Stewart International Airport (SWF), NY
Europe:
London, Gatwick LGW Edinburgh EDI

Helsinki HEL Riga RIX Rome FCO Barcelona BCN Madrid MAD
Palma de Mallorca PMI Alicante ALQ
Malaga AGP Las Palmas LPA Tenerife TFS

Scandinavian bases only accept bids for First Officer positions in order of seniority and when positions become available. These are OSL, TRD, BGO, ARN and CPH.

The Exiting World of Norwegian

What we require

Note: You must have the legal right to live and work in the United States

Captains B737 - non Type-Rated Qualifications

FAA/EASA License (If FAA: Validation and conversion during the first 2 years) EASA Medical Class 1
4000 h Total Time
2000 h PIC on Commercial Jets => 30T MTOW
English,languageproficiency“ICAO”level 5 or higher, or “proficient”as per FAA No criminal record or accidents

Captains B737 - Type-Rated Qualifications

FAA/EASA License (If FAA: Validation and conversion during the first 2 years) EASA Medical Class 1
4000 h total time
2000 h PIC on Commercial Jets => 30T MTOW
500 h PIC on B737-300/800 and 150 hours within the last 12 months. A minimum of 500 h total flight time as commander on type
English, language proficiency“ICAO”level 5 or higher, or “proficient”as per FAA No criminal record or accidents

First Officers B737 - Type Rated Qualifications

FAA/EASA License (ATP) (If FAA: Validation and conversion during the first 2 years)
EASA Medical Class 1 1,500 h total time
500 h on B737-300/800 and 150 hours within the last 12 months
English,languageproficiency“ICAO”level 4 or higher, or “proficient”as per FAA No criminal record or accidents

First Officers B737 - non Type-Rated Qualifications

FAA/EASA License (ATP) (If FAA: Validation and conversion during the first 2 years)
EASA Medical Class 1 1,500 h total time
500 h relevant experience in commercial operations within the last 12 months English,languageproficiency“ICAO”level 5 or higher, or “proficient”as per FAA No criminal record or accidents

Fast Track Command

If you have a high level of experience on large turbo prop aircraft, the time in the right seat required is around 700 hours (approx 12 months) before command upgrade can start. The combination of total time and jet time is thus 6000 with minimum 700 being on Norwegian (plus upgrade training). It will, naturally, require passing the CDR evaluation.
(Ex1: you have a total of more than 5300 hours on a Dash8, you only need 700 hours in the right seat before you can upgrade as a B737 CDR. Ex2: You have 3500 hours total of which 2200 hours are on jets over 30T MTOW, you will only need 300 hours in the right seat to be eligible for command upgrade). The above examples are always dependent on the need of captains and you passing the upgrade requirements.

What we offer

Your Duty Periods starts and finishes at assign base – PVD or SWF

Your Gross Salary* Captain: $8.500/monthFirst Officer: $4.700/month

Your Per Diem/Allowance

$1.000 (all ranks)

Your Bought Day Off

Captain: 10% of your monthly salary $850 per day First Officer: 10% of your monthly salary $470 per day

Your Phone Allowance

Captain: $ 100 per month
First Officer: $ 50 per month

Your Special job pay

Base Chief Captain: $ TBD per month Line Training Captains: $ 20 per hour
Simulator Instructors: $ 40 per hour (CA, FO) Check Captains: $ 40 per hour

*Monthly payment from day one at training.

Your Time Off

You will get a minimum of 10 days off in a month. You will have 28 days of paid annual leave.

Your Sick leave

30 paid sick leave days per year then as per insurance

Your Layover Station Transportation & Accommodation

Provided by Norwegian.

Your Travel Benefits

ID travel benefits are provided to you and your qualifying family members on Norwegian services according to current policies
Service Tickets (S2) are provided to pilots for travel to and from work

Health plan

Major Medical + GAP – Employer pays 50% Dental & Vision – Voluntary
Life and Short Term Disability – 100% covered

Your Insurance

Both Medical and Personal Accident and Illness insurance is provided by OSM Aviation

Loss of License insurance sum varies with age, starting from EUR 200,000 up to 44 years of age and declining to EUR 50,000 from the age of 59.

Your Training

Training will typically be with a Type-Rating vendor. OCC and Type-Rating will be with Norwegian at one of the training bases in the US or Europe.

Your Training Cost Bond

Unless you are B737 rated, before commencing training you must sign a Non- Compete clause valid for the first three years. No cost for the pilot.

Your Contract

Your contract will be a 3-year renewable OSM Aviation contract, within 2 years you must however, successfully pass the test for the EASA ATPL if not yet in possession of such.
You must be able to pass the EASA Class 1 medical, and you must take an ICAO English test (EPL) if you have never passed this previously, even if you have automatically been awarded an EPL level by your current authority.

TheWayto Apply and then what?

Apply via:
https://osmaviation.com/personnel/jobs/ (https://osmaviation.com/personnel/jobs/)

OSM Aviation in cooperation with Norwegian will set up Interview processes where we will accommodate you either in MIA or other venues.

If you need to travel for the screening process, Norwegian can arrange tickets on the Norwegian network to attend.
We can book hotel at our rates if needed, but the you must settle the bill with the hotel upon arrival.

Your Interview

Wewill make several dates available for you in either MIA or other venues The process takes one day.

The content of the interview is (all times are approximate)

- A short presentation of OSM Aviation and Norwegian
- A Group Exercise (0:30)
- A Structured Interview (0:30)
- A Technical interview (0:30)
- An EPST Advanced Compass Test (1:30)
- A Documentation Check (a list of required documents will be sent with the invitation)
- A simulator check
The result will be forwarded as soon as possible, usually within a week or two.

--------------------------

B787NorwegianDreamlinerFlightCrew,FortLauderdale,F lorida

‘Be part of the airline where low price meets high quality’‘Be employed by a company where ‘It’s all about people’

The Job

Successful applicants will be employed by OSM Aviation, based at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL), FL, flying Norwegian B787 Dreamliners on our exiting long haul network

The Airline

Norwegian is a high quality
Norwegian has repetitiously won Best Low Cost Airline for both Short Haul- and Long Haul carrier

What we require

Note: You must have the legal right to live and work in the United States Captain
FAA or EASA ATPL License
FAA or EASA Medical Class 1 (EASA Class 1 Medical required before commencing flight duty) 6,000 hours total flight time
2,500 hours PIC hours on any EFIS jet aircraft
1,000 hours on a wide body or narrow body aircraft in long haul operation

Relief Captain
FAA or EASA ATPL License
FAA or EASA Medical Class 1 (EASA Class 1 Medical required before commencing flight duty) 5,000 hours total flight time
2,500 hours on any EFIS jet aircraft
1,500 hours PIC hours on any EFIS jet aircraft or 1,500 hours as FO on a wide body aircraft

First Officer
FAA or EASA ATPL License
FAA or EASA Medical Class 1 (EASA Class 1 Medical required before commencing flight duty) 1,500 hours total time
1,000 hours on any EFIS jet aircraft

What we offer

Your Duty Periods starts and finishes at FLL

YourGross Salary
Captain: $10,000 per month Relief Captain: $ 7,500 per month First Officer: $ 5,500 per month

YourPerDiem/Allowance
$ 1,000 per month (all ranks)

YourBoughtDay Off
Captain: $1,000 per day Relief Captain: $ 750 per day First Officer: $ 550 per day

YourPhoneAllowance
Captain: $100 per month Relief Captain: $ 50 per month First Officer: $ 50 per month

YourSpecialjobpay
Base Chief Captain: $1,000 per month Line Training Captains: $20 per hour
Simulator Instructors: $40 per hour (CA, RCA, FO) Check Captains: $40 per hour

YourTimeOff
You will get a minimum of 10 days off in a month You will have 28 days of paid annual leave

YourSickleave
30 paid sick leave days per year

YourLayoverStationTransportation& AccommodationProvided by Norwegian.

YourTravelBenefits
ID travel benefits are provided to you and your qualifying family members on Norwegian services according to current policies
Service Tickets are provided to pilots for duty travel in conjunction with work

YourInsurance
Both Medical and Personal Accident and Illness insurance is provided by OSM Aviation Loss of License insurance covers two years basic pay

Your Training

For near-type-rated (B737E/NG, B744, B748, B757/767) your type-rating course will be 17 days.

Forthosewitha type-rating on B777, when qualified, the license will be endorsed withB777/B787as they are considered same type
TrainingwillbeperformedattrainingcentresineitherLo ndonGatwickorMiamiToqualifyfora short-courses you must be fully current

The Training Cost Bond

Unless you are B787 or B777 rated, before commencing training you must sign a training cost bond which will be reduced by 1/3 annually
- For pilots current on B737E/NG,B744,B748,orB757/767,theisUSD30,000
- Forall other ratings the bond is USD 40,000

Your Contract

Your contract will be a 3-year renewable OSM Aviation contract, within 2 years you must however, successfully pass the test for the EASA ATPL if not yet in possession of such.
You must be able to pass the EASA Class 1 medical, and you must take an ICAO English test (EPL) if you have never passed this previously, even if you have automatically been awarded an EPL level by your current authority.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1