Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Dual Typed to Europe

Mas Tequila
09-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Hi Guys!

We have a Falcon scheduled to fly to Europe in October and the crew is dual typed. We alternate 61.58 checks every 12 months. It will be 14 months since they went to training in the Falcon. Is the crew OK to fly into Europe or do they need a current 12 month check?

Thank you in advance

Mas T

RI830
09-18-2016, 12:01 PM
Hi Guys!

We have a Falcon scheduled to fly to Europe in October and the crew is dual typed. We alternate 61.58 checks every 12 months. It will be 14 months since they went to training in the Falcon. Is the crew OK to fly into Europe or do they need a current 12 month check?

Thank you in advance

Mas T

Which countries will you be traveling to?
I have never had a European agent/handler/official ask for last training event.
Typically guys get a pickle for insurance, registration, charter docs.
On certain SAFA checks, they may ask to see the quantity of your O2 bottles to see if you were wearing the mask. Easy fixed!!

galaxy flyer
09-18-2016, 12:23 PM
I was SAFA'd last week in Rome, not a question on dual rating or training, just confirmed my certificate and medical.

GF

G450Guy
09-20-2016, 06:55 PM
Hey Galaxy,

Are you Part 91? Did they check your SMS program or ISBAO cert? Just curious. I've had 2 domestic ramp checks here, but no SAFA checks in Europe.

galaxy flyer
09-20-2016, 07:09 PM
Yes, P91. No, didn't ask but I did show him our IS-BAO Ccertificate to head off the question. It took about 20 minutes, mostly he went thru the planes documents folder--reg, CoA, insurance, lease agreement, etc. then checked the electronic W&B display (G6000 Vision), databases and my iPad and documents. My co-pilot was delayed at the hotel due to his bag being "lifted" from the lobby and nary a question about why I was getting the jet fired up solo. The handler may have greased the skids a bit.

GF

Astra SPx
09-22-2016, 11:22 PM
I was contracting for an Isle of Man aircraft for a while. The validation is valid for two years. On a SAFA check in France, I've heard of inspectors asking crews to see evidence that they had completed recurrent training within the last year. Even more fun now that EU part NCC is in place for private ops.

Example SAFA checklist from a helpful website:

http://code7700.com/pdfs/safa_expanded_checklist_boilerplate.txt

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1