Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Spring Japan

JA01RJ7052
10-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Spring Airlines Japan is starting a Expat program. Hiring thru Iasco Global LTD and TWI Aviation. As a pilot having worked thru TWIA I would highly recommend any interested pilots use Iasco.

Spring Japan operate a small fleet of 737-800 operating out of NRT. First class of Expats scheduled for Jan 2017.

Good luck to any interested.

blink
10-12-2016, 09:41 PM
With the contract that they are offering, good luck getting anyone decent. The race to the bottom continues in Japan.

The Dominican
10-13-2016, 02:11 AM
if the rumors about JAL are true blink...., that's going to put pressure on the whole system......!

blink
10-13-2016, 05:16 AM
if the rumors about JAL are true blink...., that's going to put pressure on the whole system......!

Hopefully the trend will reverse and working in Japan becomes worth it again despite its madness.

PotatoChip
10-20-2016, 09:51 AM

Still just rumors...
Japan is getting worse and worse. No question. I left NCA, once the best contract in the world, because of it. And I'm not the only one, NCA continues to see guys leaving for what were once worse jobs. They seem mystified why people would leave, yet we haven't received a pay raise to our contracts in 12 years!!! And time off continues to dwindle every year. I averaged 11 days home a month, and was heavily jet lagged for many of those.
Add in an upgrade time right now at 12 years and protected to be 15+ for any recent hires... No incentive at all.
Yet they don't care, because they continue to fill seats with South Africans with no where else to go.

tailwheel48
10-30-2016, 08:55 PM
Yet they don't care, because they continue to fill seats with South Africans with no where else to go.

What makes you think South Africans have 'no where else to go'?

The big three gulf airlines, Cathay, Korean, Virgin Australia, ANZ, Vietnam, the many Chinese upstart airlines, BA, Lufthansa, KLM, and yes - NCA, have hired those well trained, thoroughly competent and enthusiastic South African pilots who have chosen to take their skills abroad.

The ex-pat market for pilots is open to all - not just Americans!

PotatoChip
11-01-2016, 06:50 AM
What makes you think South Africans have 'no where else to go'?

The big three gulf airlines, Cathay, Korean, Virgin Australia, ANZ, Vietnam, the many Chinese upstart airlines, BA, Lufthansa, KLM, and yes - NCA, have hired those well trained, thoroughly competent and enthusiastic South African pilots who have chosen to take their skills abroad.

The ex-pat market for pilots is open to all - not just Americans!

You're absolutely correct. My comments were born out of frustration. My point was more that they have no where to go in their home country. Not an attack on South Africans, plenty are good friends.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1