Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Emirates to Fort Lauderdale

Makanakis
10-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Add Fort Lauderdale to the list..

Emirates To Launch New Daily Service to Fort Lauderdale (http://www.aviationtribune.com/airlines/middle-east/emirates-launch-new-daily-service-fort-lauderdale/)

Csy Mon
10-11-2016, 03:26 PM
The only reason they are allowed to fly to the US is because they buy stuff from Boeing.
Same with Norwegian.
The lobbyist are busy..

HPIC
10-12-2016, 01:55 PM
I suspect they will be heavily weight restricted a good portion of the year with a max runway length of 9,000ft at FLL.

FAAFlyer
10-12-2016, 08:36 PM
I am always amazed at how productive the Emiratis are, they are really setting the bar for the rest of the world!

It'll be interesting to see how their productivity launches into the future with oil at 50$ a barrel or so.

Oooo
10-13-2016, 11:45 AM
The only reason they are allowed to fly to the US is because they buy stuff from Boeing.
Same with Norwegian.
The lobbyist are busy..

That's how capitalism works, like it or not

Kapitanleutnant
10-17-2016, 09:13 PM
FAAflyer...

They are a productive bunch and if they sense you're not pulling your weight, in you go to the chief's office to explain why you have NOT been productive! Happened to me while I was there event though the EK doctor had grounded me for a bit. They didn't even care about that....

This FLL trip outta up the monthly hours to around 102 each per month now on the 777. Sad. Tiring. Fatiguing.

Ex "Slave Ship Airlines" Captain