Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Southern Air Systems/Bear

Md5drivr
10-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Talked to a rep today from Southern Air Systems/Bear today and was wondering if anyone on here had some good insights on them.

I know they are a management firm out of Tampa/St. Pete and have a handful of fixed wing and maybe some helo clients. Anything you can provide would be great.

Thanks!

Falcondrivr
10-24-2016, 08:44 AM
I did some contract work for them a few years ago. Nice enough guys. There was a lot of 134&1/2 stuff going on, and the pay was about 1/3 the going rate for the airplane I was in.
They did however give a lot of guys their first turbine gig, and helped get a lot of guys careers going.

Md5drivr
10-24-2016, 07:01 PM
I did some contract work for them a few years ago. Nice enough guys. There was a lot of 134&1/2 stuff going on, and the pay was about 1/3 the going rate for the airplane I was in.
They did however give a lot of guys their first turbine gig, and helped get a lot of guys careers going.

hahah 134 1/2....ive never heard that one. Thank's for the info though!