Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Skywest JS coordinators email....

oldmako
11-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Having issues with Skywest agents in YYJ regarding the JS. Would like to share my experience with the JS coordinator from Skywest.

Any leads appreciated.

Many thanks.

Mercyful Fate
11-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Having issues with Skywest agents in YYJ regarding the JS. Would like to share my experience with the JS coordinator from Skywest.

Any leads appreciated.

Many thanks.

What's your problem? OO doesn't allow international jumpseats.

oldmako
11-08-2016, 07:57 PM
My problem is that I can and have, used a JS pass to ride in the back on international flights dozens of times. In fact, I have ridden on Skywest from SEA-CYYJ before. And I rode it on the very same RJ which (according to the agents in YYJ), "Has no jumpseat". I have used a JS pass to ride on international routes on more than one US based airline, as long I sat in the back.

My problem is that the agents in YYJ think that they own the jumpseat and lie and obfuscate because they are either blissfully uninformed or willfully belligerent. As far as I know, international JS only prevents cockpit access, not a seat in the back.

My problem is that I am tired of agents deciding who gets to ride, not the Captain.
This is just one more example.

My problem is with clueless idiots and sycophants.

My problem is with guys allowing damn near anyone to usurp their authority.

Many thanks for your thoughtful reply.

Cruz5350
11-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Sorry to hear about that Mako, it's hard to grasp for most crews to remember that there maybe non revs trying to get on while we're at an Intl outstation. I know there's been more talk about taking a walk up to the gate to check that we're not leaving folks but that's only on our internal boards.

Mercyful Fate
11-09-2016, 03:11 AM
My problem is that I can and have, used a JS pass to ride in the back on international flights dozens of times. In fact, I have ridden on Skywest from SEA-CYYJ before. And I rode it on the very same RJ which (according to the agents in YYJ), "Has no jumpseat". I have used a JS pass to ride on international routes on more than one US based airline, as long I sat in the back.

My problem is that the agents in YYJ think that they own the jumpseat and lie and obfuscate because they are either blissfully uninformed or willfully belligerent. As far as I know, international JS only prevents cockpit access, not a seat in the back.

My problem is that I am tired of agents deciding who gets to ride, not the Captain.

Wow, you sound like a real nice guy. Makes me wonder why the gate agents would give you any flack....

If you do in touch with OO directly, please make sure you address your email in the same tone. That will go over well!

https://media.giphy.com/media/Rhhr8D5mKSX7O/giphy.gif

Geardownflaps30
11-09-2016, 04:05 AM

Protocol would be for you to reach out to your jumpseat coordinator who then in turn would reach out to the OO js coordinator, not for you to contact them directly. Be advised though, there are multiple regional airlines that DO NOT have reciprocal international (cabin) js privileges, even if "you've done it before".

WesternSkies
11-09-2016, 04:41 AM

Right on.
Hope the situation gets back to the gate agent.

Crazy Canuck
11-09-2016, 04:50 AM
Wow, you sound like a real nice guy. Makes me wonder why the gate agents would give you any flack....

If you do in touch with OO directly, please make sure you address your email in the same tone. That will go over well!

https://media.giphy.com/media/Rhhr8D5mKSX7O/giphy.gif

Have you ever made a good post in your life? He has some legitimate gripes. Canadian gate agents can be extremely difficult making commutes difficult.

amcnd
11-09-2016, 05:31 AM
First, to a Canadian gate agent never tell them you want the jumpseat.. they dont know that term. Tell them you have a reciprocal agreement and would like to get added to the wait list for the flight...

Lambourne
11-09-2016, 06:07 AM
Protocol would be for you to reach out to your jumpseat coordinator who then in turn would reach out to the OO js coordinator, not for you to contact them directly. Be advised though, there are multiple regional airlines that DO NOT have reciprocal international (cabin) js privileges, even if "you've done it before".

If OO is a carrier that doesn't offer reciprocal cabin international jumpseat then they need to be removed from our international list immediately. I have flown numerous OO pilots to and from Europe in the cabin. This needs to be addressed quickly. Will email our JS coordinator for clarification and hopefully he can address the pilot group to let everyone know to stop taking OO pilots on international flights.

zondaracer
11-09-2016, 06:29 AM
If OO is a carrier that doesn't offer reciprocal cabin international jumpseat then they need to be removed from our international list immediately. I have flown numerous OO pilots to and from Europe in the cabin. This needs to be addressed quickly. Will email our JS coordinator for clarification and hopefully he can address the pilot group to let everyone know to stop taking OO pilots on international flights.

OO does allow UA jumpseaters (cabin only) on international flights. This is a gate agent issue. Not a SkyWest issue. The YYJ gate agents need to be educated on this. As a SkyWest pilot, I try to go to the gate area before every departure to look for jumpseaters and make sure everyone gets on. In Canada, this can be problematic as we are not supposed to leave the immediate vicinity of the aircraft on turns, but in my future flights to Canada, I will make sure to ask the gate agents if there were any pilots from reciprocal agreement airlines trying to get onboard.

amcnd
11-09-2016, 06:32 AM
Oh brother. So we deny all OO jumpseaters because some anonymous person on a public forum says one thing!!??? No wonder Flight info forums went defunk. This is the same crap that was on there..

rickair7777
11-09-2016, 06:37 AM
To the OP: Sign on to the SAPA website, all the info you need is there, including the SAPA JS POC info.

saxman66
11-09-2016, 06:49 AM
To the OP: Sign on to the SAPA website, all the info you need is there, including the SAPA JS POC info.

Sounds like the OP doesn't work for Skywest.

Small international outstations probably don't know what requesting a jumpseat means. Use terms like OMC, or that you have a reciprocal non-rev. agreement and would like a ride in back. If you can figure out how to list for a flight ahead of time, that can probably help too. Surely the agents there know how to process a non-rev. Based on the computer system, you just the same as one.

SMACFUM
11-09-2016, 07:31 AM

Jesus. Calm Down. How about trying to figure out the root of the problem, instead of flying off the handle and threatening to remove OO pilots "immediately".

Also, ALL OO pilots have UA international non-rev benefits, so there is really no reason for any OO pilot to be listed as an international cabin-only JSer.

Moron.

oldmako
11-09-2016, 07:36 AM
Mercyful Fate,

I was extremely professional and polite when I inquired about riding with the gate agent. She immediately and summarily dismissed my request with "these planes have no jump seat". I said not another word.

The somewhat caustic tone of my second post was fomented just for you since you replied with, "What's your problem" (italics mine) assuming that I was the issue, even though you knew exactly zero of what had transpired that day. You even took the opportunity to school me on using international jump seat with your reply. I really enjoyed that!

I ended up riding to SEA on Horizon. Once in SEA customs, I ran into the F/O of the Skywest flight. I inquired about their jump seat policy (WRT seat in the back) and he informed me that they DO allow off-line jump seaters to sit in the back. He said that he'd mention it to the Captain.

Hence my original post and request for an email address. I assumed that the Skywest JS coordinator has a public ALPA email address for just this sort of situation and that he or she might like to know that agents in YYJ are usurping Captain's authority. I figured that this was a simple enough message which I could send to him and that this would also reduce the workload of my JS coordinator.

Thanks again for your help. I'll send an email my airlines JS coordinator.

amcnd and Saxman66,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that verbiage next time.

ClickClickBoom
11-09-2016, 07:47 AM

You might want to rethink your confrontational attitude, a jumpseat war with SKYW pilots will screw your guys far more than it will ours, we will just jump on a different codeshare. I hope you can get to work on someone else if you wanna play that game.

Mercyful Fate
11-09-2016, 08:00 AM
Mercyful Fate,

I was extremely professional and polite when I inquired about riding with the gate agent. She immediately and summarily dismissed my request with "these planes have no jump seat". I said not another word.

The somewhat caustic tone of my second post was fomented just for you since you replied with, "What's your problem" (italics mine) assuming that I was the issue, even though you knew exactly zero of what had transpired that day. You even took the opportunity to school me on using international jump seat with your reply. I really enjoyed that!

I ended up riding to SEA on Horizon. Once in SEA customs, I ran into the F/O of the Skywest flight. I inquired about their jump seat policy (WRT seat in the back) and he informed me that they DO allow off-line jump seaters to sit in the back. He said that he'd mention it to the Captain.

Hence my original post and request for an email address. I assumed that the Skywest JS coordinator has a public ALPA email address for just this sort of situation and that he or she might like to know that agents in YYJ are usurping Captain's authority. I figured that this was a simple enough message which I could send to him and that this would also reduce the workload of my JS coordinator.

Thanks again for your help. I'll send an email my airlines JS coordinator.

amcnd and Saxman66,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that verbiage next time.

You didn't state what the problem was, which is why I asked what's your problem. Your problem with the agents. Too funny.

Mercyful Fate
11-09-2016, 08:02 AM
Have you ever made a good post in your life? He has some legitimate gripes. Canadian gate agents can be extremely difficult making commutes difficult.

Every post I make is not only good, but amazing. Still hanging around the regional boards eh?

Lambourne
11-09-2016, 08:34 AM
You might want to rethink your confrontational attitude, a jumpseat war with SKYW pilots will screw your guys far more than it will ours, we will just jump on a different codeshare. I hope you can get to work on someone else if you wanna play that game.

If you can read please see that I said I would reach out to our jumpseat coordinator. IF OO DOESNT ALLOW UA PILOTS INTERNATIONAL SEATS IN THE CABIN. The yes, we should mirror that policy.

However, it appears OO does allow UA pilots seats in the cabin. They just don't know how to convey that policy to their employees. If OO can't fix this problem then I would request our JSC suspend OO INTERNATIONAL jumpseats.

As for International pass benefits and no need for the "free" jumpseat I will ask the next time an OO guy shows up to write a pass out of of LHR. You yourself say they don't need the jumpseat. I will just print and save this post so they can address it internally at OO.

Thank you for making this easy.

amcnd
11-09-2016, 08:49 AM
Problem is gate agents in YYJ are not OO employees...

WesternSkies
11-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Oh no Lambourne you should reach out to that person!
Get to the bottom of this and make sure the agreements are being matched!

This is important to you and it is important to all of us. And I'm sure you are a known anyway.

oldmako
11-09-2016, 08:57 AM
amcnd,

That's why I started this thread. If I could speak with the Captain ahead of time, perhaps he could address this issue that day, but likely that day only. Unfortunately, the crew was already on the other side of the security. In YYJ, you're going to have a tough time getting anywhere near the gate without some type of boarding pass.

I simply feel that if the ALPA JS guy at Skywest (OO?) knew about the issue, he could take steps to address it and inform the agents that offline JS riders are allowed in the back. As it stands now at YYJ, it appears that Skywest Captains have no idea if there's a guy trying to catch a ride. Add to that, it appears that the agents have no idea how to process a JS'er nor the inclination to learn how.

ClickClickBoom
11-09-2016, 09:27 AM
If you can read please see that I said I would reach out to our jumpseat coordinator. IF OO DOESNT ALLOW UA PILOTS INTERNATIONAL SEATS IN THE CABIN. The yes, we should mirror that policy.

However, it appears OO does allow UA pilots seats in the cabin. They just don't know how to convey that policy to their employees. If OO can't fix this problem then I would request our JSC suspend OO INTERNATIONAL jumpseats.

As for International pass benefits and no need for the "free" jumpseat I will ask the next time an OO guy shows up to write a pass out of of LHR. You yourself say they don't need the jumpseat. I will just print and save this post so they can address it internally at OO.

You are welcome, too bad your reading comprehension, isn't that good. My point is and was, your guys have far more to lose than our guys do, if you want a jumpseat war. Try reading a little closer.

Lambourne
11-09-2016, 09:42 AM
You are welcome, too bad your reading comprehension, isn't that good. My point is and was, your guys have far more to lose than our guys do, if you want a jumpseat war. Try reading a little closer.

How is having the same policy a war?

AirBat
11-09-2016, 10:44 AM
amcnd,

That's why I started this thread. If I could speak with the Captain ahead of time, perhaps he could address this issue that day, but likely that day only. Unfortunately, the crew was already on the other side of the security. In YYJ, you're going to have a tough time getting anywhere near the gate without some type of boarding pass.

I simply feel that if the ALPA JS guy at Skywest (OO?) knew about the issue, he could take steps to address it and inform the agents that offline JS riders are allowed in the back. As it stands now at YYJ, it appears that Skywest Captains have no idea if there's a guy trying to catch a ride. Add to that, it appears that the agents have no idea how to process a JS'er nor the inclination to learn how.

Skywest is not ALPA. They are non union. However they do have an association with a js coordinator.

amcnd
11-09-2016, 11:08 AM
I to commute out of Canada 3 months out of the year.. And i hate every minute of it.. on Westjet,OO,QX,AC and there so inconsistent.. i only Say "jumpseat" to QX.. even that has its troubles... but the problem i have is OO does 1800 flights a day and one person comes on with one "gate agent" problem and its shut down there international privileges... Im guessing you with a ligit airline like UA. I would start with your guy. He will have OO's and everyone else's contract info...

Mercyful Fate
11-09-2016, 02:39 PM
amcnd,

Why is it I have this feeling that we are only getting part of this story, and there is a lot more to this.

oldmako
11-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Perhaps because you appear somewhat obtuse and cannot comprehend the written word?
Perhaps because you have some bizarre need to blame the messenger?
Perhaps because you desire to uncover some hidden content within the original message which exonerates the agent and finds blame with me? Even though I posted all that was needed in order to explain my request?
Perhaps because you had nothing of substance (namely, information) to offer in response to post number one yet still felt the need to opine?

Please refer to post number 1:

"Having issues with Skywest agents in YYJ regarding the JS. Would like to share my experience with the JS coordinator from Skywest"

I thought that was pretty clear.

Had you said, "What was the issue?" I would have gladly slowed down and filled you in. But it sure seemed to me as though you were pointing the dirty digit of blame and stupidity directly at me. Other responders seem to agree with my assessment. Hence my initial umbrage. And here we are on page three and you still think that I am the bad guy here, not the agent who basically told me to get lost. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt.

If that's not enough, try re-reading post 16, in which I spoke very slowly and clearly adding all the details.

I was wrongly denied the opportunity to use a reciprocal jumpseat agreement by a gate agent. This was not the first occurrence with these agents in this city. How much more do you need to know?
I would like to highlight this episode with the guy in charge and get this fixed for the benefit of all pilots who share a JS agreement with Skywest. Should we get this fixed, I hope that you and others will benefit from my experience and follow up.

Keep 'em coming! I'm on vacation. :D

Mercyful Fate
11-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Perhaps because you appear somewhat obtuse and cannot comprehend the written word?
Perhaps because you have some bizarre need to blame the messenger and desire to uncover hidden content within the original message which exonerates the agent and finds blame with me? Even though I posted all that was needed in order to explain the issue?
Perhaps because you had nothing of substance (namely, information) to offer in response to to post number one yet still felt the need to opine?

Please refer to post number 1:

"Having issues with Skywest agents in YYJ regarding the JS. Would like to share my experience with the JS coordinator from Skywest"

I thought that was pretty clear.

Had you said, "What was the issue?" I would have gladly slowed down and filled you in. But it sure seemed to me as though you were pointing the dirty digit of blame and stupidity directly at me. Other responders seem to agree with my assessment. Hence my initial umbrage. And here we are on page three and you still think that I am the bad guy here, not the agent who basically told me to get lost. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt.

If that's not enough, try re-reading post 16, in which I spoke very slowly and clearly adding all the details.

I was wrongly denied the opportunity to use a reciprocal jumpseat agreement by a gate agent. This was not the first occurrence with these agents in this city. How much more do you need to know? Should we get this fixed, I hope that you and others benefit from my experience and follow up.

Keep 'em coming! I'm on vacation. :D

Hahaha. Yup for sure more to it, plus your mental instability. Kooky.

Utah
11-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Does SkyWest even operate the station in YYJ? I haven't been there in nearly a decade, but I don't think so.

Perhaps contacting the station manager...

WesternSkies
11-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Skywest has no employees working above or below the wing for our two partners at that station.
They appear both to be Canadian companies.
Or so the interner makes it appear.

SaltFlats
11-10-2016, 05:16 AM
Hahaha. Yup for sure more to it, plus your mental instability. Kooky.

Mercyful Fate, oldmako was asking for some info, and for some reason you jumped in and you flamed and insulted him. Hobby of yours?
And then he chewed you up, spit you out and sent your spent, leftover carcus through a wood chipper. And this is your reply? You have NOTHING interesting or positive to add.

Mercyful Fate
11-10-2016, 05:28 AM
Mercyful Fate, oldmako was asking for some info, and for some reason you jumped in and you flamed and insulted him. Hobby of yours?
And then he chewed you up, spit you out and sent your spent, leftover carcus through a wood chipper. And this is your reply? You have NOTHING interesting or positive to add.

I asked him a simple question that for some reason he misunderstood and had some sort of a baby fit.

And where exactly did you learn to spell? Where do you people come from?

saxman66
11-10-2016, 07:39 AM

Why does this matter if they're jumpseating in back vs. non-revving? It's the same in the computer. The difference is that he is either an offline crew member or just a passenger. Are you going to kick him off because he should be listed as a non-rev? Maybe they were and they were just being nice to decided to check-in with you anyway. I listed as a jumpseater just to see how the procedure worked. When I introduced myself to the CA and purser to ask for a ride, they couldn't have been nicer.

Lambourne
11-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Why does this matter if they're jumpseating in back vs. non-revving? It's the same in the computer. The difference is that he is either an offline crew member or just a passenger. Are you going to kick him off because he should be listed as a non-rev? Maybe they were and they were just being nice to decided to check-in with you anyway. I listed as a jumpseater just to see how the procedure worked. When I introduced myself to the CA and purser to ask for a ride, they couldn't have been nicer.

Because the Skywest guy said OO pilots didn't need international Jumpseat access on UA. They would just write a pass. If you have free passes then it wouldn't make difference. However if you are paying pass charges vs a free jumpseat (dept taxs like all passengers on intl flights) then it might make a difference.

It doesn't appear that the OO pilots think not having a reciprocal policy is a good thing. Notice the comments that it is not their fault because it is a contract station. Aside from the irony of a contract carrier, contracting services it shouldn't matter who is processing the flight, if a reciprocal agreement exist then it should work at ALL locations.

If this were the other way around the outrage by OO pilots would be immense and threats would be front and center. My entire post was to assure we mirrored the policy that OO gives us. Now the new problem is that OO has a policy, but they don't want to enforce that policy. Just look at the responses by OO pilots that believe this is a non-issue if their reciprocal policy isn't upheld. Doesn't affect them so they have no desire to fix this problem.

As a result I did contact my JS coordinator to ask where we stand on this and that if necessary requested we remove OO as INTERNATIONAL jumpseat eligible until OO is motivated enough to fix this issue with all of their international travel.

Lambourne
11-10-2016, 01:11 PM

I don't commute but have sympathy for commuters. Why do you support OO not fixing this issue?

Personally I buy tickets when I travel. After 30+ years paid tickets ease the pain a lot.

ClickClickBoom
11-10-2016, 01:24 PM
I don't commute but have sympathy for commuters. Why do you support OO not fixing this issue?

Personally I buy tickets when I travel. After 30+ years paid tickets ease the pain a lot.

Quite the opposite, I have been arguing this and a few other jumpseat issues for more than a few years. My point is in a jumpseat war, your guys have far more to lose than we do.

zondaracer
11-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Nobody is saying that this shouldn't be fixed. This sounds like the Delta contract station needs to be educated, and hopefully the right people will talk to them and have the issue sorted out for the future.

WesternSkies
11-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Aside from the irony of a contract carrier, contracting services it shouldn't matter...

in what world is this happening?

I'm glad to hear you took the time to bring this to your JS Coordinators attention. Check back with updates.

Lambourne
11-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Quite the opposite, I have been arguing this and a few other jumpseat issues for more than a few years. My point is in a jumpseat war, your guys have far more to lose than we do.

The argument could be made that the war was started by OO not allowing reciprocal jumpseat on international flights.

How is applying the same policy to OO pilots on UA international flights an act of aggression.

You keep saying we have more to lose. Do you have the numbers to back that up? I see lots of OO pilots in the jumpseat domestically. If you are the guy being left behind it doesn't matter who has the numbers advantage.

amcnd
11-10-2016, 06:51 PM
The argument could be made that the war was started by OO not allowing reciprocal jumpseat on international flights.

How is applying the same policy to OO pilots on UA international flights an act of aggression.

You keep saying we have more to lose. Do you have the numbers to back that up? I see lots of OO pilots in the jumpseat domestically. If you are the guy being left behind it doesn't matter who has the numbers advantage.

Should be more.. "a gate agent started a war".... this thread shouldn't even be talked about. Nothing happened.. a supposedly UA pilot got inconvenienced because of a gate agent.. that should be talked to and retrained..

GravyRobber
11-11-2016, 04:19 AM
Wait, let me get this straight in my head.

-An ignorant agent at a contract station in Canada doesn't understand the meaning of jumpseat.

-Because of customs limitations, the captain has no way of knowing that the agent is refusing to rightfully allow the jumpseater on the aircraft

-Somehow this is all OO pilots' fault, so you suggest banning them from the JS as a solution?

I really don't comprehend this logic. I would suggest, though, that you put that effort into affecting change where its needed (the non-OO employees who are actually causing the problem). Doesn't seem like rocket surgery to me. But by all means, go ahead and ban pilots from your jumpseat for no legitimate reason...

SaltFlats
11-11-2016, 08:08 AM
Wait, let me get this straight in my head.

-An ignorant agent at a contract station in Canada doesn't understand the meaning of jumpseat.

-Because of customs limitations, the captain has no way of knowing that the agent is refusing to rightfully allow the jumpseater on the aircraft

-Somehow this is all OO pilots' fault, so you suggest banning them from the JS as a solution?

I really don't comprehend this logic. I would suggest, though, that you put that effort into affecting change where its needed (the non-OO employees who are actually causing the problem). Doesn't seem like rocket surgery to me. But by all means, go ahead and ban pilots from your jumpseat for no legitimate reason...

Read OP's opener and you'll see he's looking to fix the problem. Jumpseat war was brought up by someone else.. "ClickClickBoom" brought that up who said United Pilot's would lose a jumpseat war.

Squallrider
11-11-2016, 09:17 AM
The gate agent probably thought it was for the actual jumpseat which isn't allowed on international, at least not on Skywest. As someone else noted we aren't allowed to get off the aircraft to check for jumpseaters in canada

buddies8
11-11-2016, 09:34 AM
International jumpseat is allowed BUT you can only have a seat if there is a seat available in the cabin, not cockpit, if your company has reciprocal.

International jumpseat in cockpit is only for company personnel..

oldmako
11-11-2016, 11:03 AM
Boy, has this spiraled out of control. To set the record straight, I have:

Filed a JSAP with UA MEC.
Filed a PDR filed with UA MEC.

I am fully aware that International JS requires a seat in the back and is not guaranteed. I have have been doing this a long time, out of more than one city pair and with more than one offline airline.

My problem is with the agent's immediate refusal (on more than one occasion) to allow an offline pilot (me) to get anywhere near the plane. And, they will then not inform the Captain that someone inquired about using the jump seat. Their rebuff has been instant and absolute. Add to that, YYJ has a peculiar layout and policies that make it somewhat challenging to speak with the Captain.

I have no beef with anyone else WRT this situation, despite what may have been suggested in this thread. I simply want the policy to be explained to the Agents in YYJ and that ALPA pilots are able utilize the a JS pass for travel leaving YYJ.

Is offline
11-11-2016, 11:24 AM
Boy, has this spiraled out of control. To set the record straight, I have:

Filed a JSAP with UA MEC.
Filed a PDR filed with UA MEC.

I am fully aware that International JS requires a seat in the back and is not guaranteed. I have have been doing this a long time, out of more than one city pair and with more than one offline airline.

My problem is with the agent's immediate refusal (on more than one occasion) to allow an offline pilot (me) to get anywhere near the plane. And, they will then not inform the Captain that someone inquired about using the jump seat. Their rebuff has been instant and absolute. Add to that, YYJ has a peculiar layout and policies that make it somewhat challenging to speak with the Captain.

I have no beef with anyone else WRT this situation, despite what may have been suggested in this thread. I simply want the policy to be explained to the Agents in YYJ and that ALPA pilots are able utilize the a JS pass for travel leaving YYJ.

The gate agents at these stations are contract and not Skywest employees. Honestly they have no clue when it comes to jumpseating. I have missed many flights due to them not understanding what you are concerned about. No pilot I know at Skywest would knowingly leave a jumpseater.

oldmako
11-11-2016, 11:41 AM
I am aware of that. I should have added that to my commentary.

That, coupled with the inability to speak with the Captain is the whole conundrum. I'm not trying to impugn Skywest crews nor policy. Just the agent's refusal to acknowledge and work with it.

Paid2fly
11-12-2016, 06:01 PM
I am aware of that. I should have added that to my commentary.

That, coupled with the inability to speak with the Captain is the whole conundrum. I'm not trying to impugn Skywest crews nor policy. Just the agent's refusal to acknowledge and work with it.

Please pass this info along to your fellow UAL buddy Lambourne, or at least give him a couple of chill pills.:D:):rolleyes:

trip
11-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Please pass this info along to your fellow UAL buddy Lambourne, or at least give him a couple of chill pills.:D:):rolleyes:

Funny he thinks SKYW sub-contracts out UAL outstation handling, totally clueless.

Lambourne
11-13-2016, 12:14 AM
Funny he thinks SKYW sub-contracts out UAL outstation handling, totally clueless.

Actually I don't. Isn't YYJ a DL connection station? Had this been a UA station and flight the original poster could have used a pass.

Skywest is a sub contractor. Your own people in this thread are blaming non Skywest employees as the problem. So if they aren't Skywest employees then the subcontractor Skywest, is subcontracting their own station operations it appears.

If UA agents were denying Skywest pilots jumpseats due to not applying the correct policy what would be your thoughts? Didn't we have Skywest pilots threatening UA pilots of jumpseat demails when UA changed the fess for express pass travel several years ago?

zondaracer
11-13-2016, 05:01 AM
Actually I don't. Isn't YYJ a DL connection station? Had this been a UA station and flight the original poster could have used a pass.

Skywest is a sub contractor. Your own people in this thread are blaming non Skywest employees as the problem. So if they aren't Skywest employees then the subcontractor Skywest, is subcontracting their own station operations it appears.

If UA agents were denying Skywest pilots jumpseats due to not applying the correct policy what would be your thoughts? Didn't we have Skywest pilots threatening UA pilots of jumpseat demails when UA changed the fess for express pass travel several years ago?

SkyWest doesn't choose to subcontract the station. That's Delta's decision.

Squallrider
11-13-2016, 06:01 AM
Yet to meet a Skywest employee working outside the US. A lot of mainline subcontract outside the US, even non reving can be hard with Kobalt for delta in the UK