Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Aircraft Finance

FlewNavy
11-14-2016, 07:14 AM
Any recommendations for financing or experience with lenders like AOPA etc?

geosync
11-15-2016, 08:27 AM
Any recommendations for financing or experience with lenders like AOPA etc?

I believe AOPA is just a broker who will solicit loan proposals from multiple lenders. I've had discussions with them when i was getting my feelers out for a business related aircraft loan, and they were pretty helpful. Just keep in mind, they are BROKER, and thus technically work for you, so you can work together to find the best deal.
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2014/march/20/six-reasons-to-call-on-a-broker

Now i was in the market for a piston aircraft, so if you are looking at turbine equipment you might want to look at other options, but a broker is the way to go if you are new to this.

Hacker15e
11-15-2016, 09:23 AM
I used AOPA about 7 years ago, and ended up with a loan through Bank of America. Easy process, was pretty happy with the service.

60av8tor
11-24-2016, 03:34 AM
Used B of A for an experimental about 5 years ago. Surprisingly straight-forward process.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1