Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Duksrule
02-22-2007, 07:46 AM
Just a quick question. I am getting my private and went and got a 1st class medical. The checkup was a joke in my opinion. Took about 10 minutes. Checked eyes, EKG and that was it. I am in the Navy and am use to getting the "complete" physical so maybe this was legit. Just wonered if I got the real deal.

Slice
02-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Just a quick question. I am getting my private and went and got a 1st class medical. The checkup was a joke in my opinion. Took about 10 minutes. Checked eyes, EKG and that was it. I am in the Navy and am use to getting the "complete" physical so maybe this was legit. Just wonered if I got the real deal.

If you want a thorough military type flight physical go to your family Doc. Your career is at risk every time you walk into an AME's office. So, IMHO, you should be happy!

Duksrule
02-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Not complaining. Just wonder if that will be all it is every 2 years. I was expecting much more.

wisevoss
02-22-2007, 08:45 PM
I agree with slice, you Passed be happy

HSLD
02-22-2007, 08:59 PM
When your meal ticket is riding on the outcome - it sounds like you found the guy we all look for :)

Seriously, the FAA medical is NOT well care. Go find a good GP for that.

Ottopilot
02-23-2007, 04:34 AM
I am in the Navy and am use to getting the "complete" physical .

You should be happy no one is "probing" you. They are just following the FAA guidelines. Now you understand why there are so many fat, out-of-shape airline captains. I've seen captains about to have a heart attack getting in the cockpit. My advice: stay in military shape and take the easy civilian medical.

Photon
03-04-2007, 06:05 PM
I took the JAA medical some weeks ago, it took like 2-3 hours :s

SongMan
03-29-2007, 06:42 AM
GOt my Medical appointment at 11AM. I made and appointment with fmaily at 11:30. I expect to finish in 15 minutes.