Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : North Face Hiring Info

CaseUWannaKnow
01-28-2017, 09:45 AM
I keep seeing people wearing The North Face jackets with Luggage Works pilot bags at the airports. I guess they are pilots, not quite sure.

Does The North Face have a flight department? If so, what are their hiring minimums, pay scale, etc?

thanks!

Whiplash6
01-28-2017, 10:06 AM
I keep seeing people wearing The North Face jackets with Luggage Works pilot bags at the airports. I guess they are pilots, not quite sure.

Does The North Face have a flight department? If so, what are their hiring minimums, pay scale, etc?

thanks!

They aren't hiring pilots at the moment but I've heard good things about the London Fog flight department.

PotatoChip
01-29-2017, 05:26 AM

thanks!

I work for the Costco knock-off brand because I can't afford to be a North Face pilot. I'm just as warm and look just as cool. Almost.

alaskadrifter
01-29-2017, 05:48 AM
North Face is weak sauce I'm holding out for Arc'teryx or Mountian Hardware.

John Carr
01-29-2017, 08:34 AM
Apple also. Their best pilots have the fancy cordless earbuds.

Radials Rule
01-31-2017, 06:53 AM

thanks!

Many of us at Atlas do not wear uniform jackets. If you see one of us wearing a The North Face, Arcteryx, Mountain Hardwear, etc., there is a good chance that it is a knock-off from the Science and Tech market in PVG.;)

2StgTurbine
01-31-2017, 07:46 PM
Plenty of charter companies use North Face jackets for their uniform.

Ludicrous Speed
01-31-2017, 08:20 PM

thanks!

I am curious as to what compelled you to post this...especially your first paragraph. Does wearing a The North Face jacket and dragging a Luggage Works bag somehow not go together? Does this violate some fashion rule?

As for whether or not they're pilots, my guess is yes. With the allowance for an exception here and there, I am fairly certain that someone dragging a Luggage Works bag through an airport is a pilot. At least I wouldn't bet against that assumption.

PotatoChip
02-01-2017, 08:15 AM
I am curious as to what compelled you to post this...especially your first paragraph. Does wearing a The North Face jacket and dragging a Luggage Works bag somehow not go together? Does this violate some fashion rule?

As for whether or not they're pilots, my guess is yes. With the allowance for an exception here and there, I am fairly certain that someone dragging a Luggage Works bag through an airport is a pilot. At least I wouldn't bet against that assumption.

Because he/she created this account within the last month solely to troll.

CaseUWannaKnow
02-03-2017, 11:26 AM

What compelled me. Just a random thought I suppose!

Fashion Rule: Did you really just ask that? Really!?? HA!

Flatbiller
02-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Plenty of charter companies use North Face jackets for their uniform.

So do major airlines whose pilots put functionality over ego.

PotatoChip
02-07-2017, 08:37 AM
So do major airlines whose pilots put functionality over ego.

Yeah, I'm sure the reason major airline pilots wear their suit jacket is their ego. Wow. :rolleyes:

Flatbiller
02-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I'm sure the reason major airline pilots wear their suit jacket is their ego. Wow. :rolleyes:

I haven't worn my uniform jacket in 16 years. I know it wouldn't fit, even if I wanted to.

HwkrPlt
02-09-2017, 02:25 AM
The North Face is owned by VF Corporation, and they have a flight department based in GSO with a satellite base in OAK.

overcast
03-11-2017, 12:04 AM
We only wear tropical uniforms, so when we fly into colder climates a North Face Jacket, or Columbia, or.... is what a lot of us wear.

PA31
04-16-2017, 10:58 AM
North Face is weak sauce I'm holding out for Arc'teryx or Mountian Hardware.

Mountain Hardware is owned by Columbia Sportswear. I don't think they have a flight department.

I wear north face and Patagonia jackets when deadheading all the time.

Floyd94
06-16-2017, 06:15 AM

thanks!

With inside info, I can tell you. The pay is the worst in the industry. A lot of the pilots have their apps out at the majors... There may be vacancies soon!