Notices

767 Questions

Old 06-29-2022, 06:41 AM
  #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,000
Default

Pretty likely.
Elevation is offline  
Old 06-30-2022, 09:13 PM
  #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 222
Default

They just sent an email recently regarding Fixed Pattern Lines. Basically 17/13 schedules that start on the same day of every month for the entire 2023 year
160to4 is offline  
Old 06-30-2022, 11:42 PM
  #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Swakid8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,838
Default

Originally Posted by 160to4 View Post
They just sent an email recently regarding Fixed Pattern Lines. Basically 17/13 schedules that start on the same day of every month for the entire 2023 year
Yup, itís a sweet deal if it works for you
Swakid8 is online now  
Old 07-01-2022, 11:01 PM
  #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
C17B74's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX
Posts: 1,165
Default

Originally Posted by Swakid8 View Post
Yup, itís a sweet deal if it works for you
Exactly! Definitely something to consider for planning purposes and if you donít mind having no variation (Groundhog Day). If you have some seniority you may want to capitalize on the less than 17 day lines that have been popping up more and more. Itís your oyster.

*Question: Are these lines considered Primary lines or more like Secondary lines with no BLG? I havenít delved into these lines as they donít align with my priorities.
C17B74 is offline  
Old 07-02-2022, 12:16 AM
  #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Swakid8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,838
Default

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Exactly! Definitely something to consider for planning purposes and if you donít mind having no variation (Groundhog Day). If you have some seniority you may want to capitalize on the less than 17 day lines that have been popping up more and more. Itís your oyster.

*Question: Are these lines considered Primary lines or more like Secondary lines with no BLG? I havenít delved into these lines as they donít align with my priorities.
secondaryÖ no BLG which hurts lol. But FPL are great for planning purposes
Swakid8 is online now  
Old 07-03-2022, 11:09 AM
  #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
C17B74's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX
Posts: 1,165
Default

Originally Posted by Swakid8 View Post
secondaryÖ no BLG which hurts lol. But FPL are great for planning purposes
Thanks for the clarification. Definitely a good way to plan your life for the year with consistency with lower seniority. With a few years of seniority it might not be an issue. Having been sent home early a day or even two (twice) since Jan plus many Primary 30 day lines have been dropping to 16 days with even a few 15 days lines is a worthwhile gamble. Moving to the left seat with low seniority the FPL really does makes sense to be able to control your lifestyle as well.

*Luckily I a have no inclination to be MIA based. Flew with an 18 yr MIA based Capt who indicated their seniority actually fell back a few notches hence the reserve line was all they could hold. Wow, but thatís MIA.
C17B74 is offline  
Old 07-03-2022, 11:34 AM
  #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CRJJ's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B737 FO
Posts: 717
Default

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Definitely a good way to plan your life for the year with consistency with lower seniority. With a few years of seniority it might not be an issue. Having been sent home early a day or even two (twice) since Jan plus many Primary 30 day lines have been dropping to 16 days with even a few 15 days lines is a worthwhile gamble. Moving to the left seat with low seniority the FPL really does makes sense to be able to control your lifestyle as well.

*Luckily I a have no inclination to be MIA based. Flew with an 18 yr MIA based Capt who indicated their seniority actually fell back a few notches hence the reserve line was all they could hold. Wow, but thatís MIA.
Last month I finished my BWI-MIA, and when I landed I had like 2 emails and 5 missed calls from scheduling. They asked me if instead of my overnight, Iíd be willing to DH to Austin , do a AUS-RIV next day, and then home, 2 days earlier. I said YES!, why wouldnít I go home earlier. Next day they added 3 flights and no more early home for me

MIA flying looks great to be honest, but the seniority situation is ridiculous.

I wish JFK 747 had the same flying JFK 767 does, itíd be the best job on earth.
CRJJ is online now  
Old 07-03-2022, 09:12 PM
  #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
C17B74's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX
Posts: 1,165
Default

Originally Posted by CRJJ View Post
Last month I finished my BWI-MIA, and when I landed I had like 2 emails and 5 missed calls from scheduling. They asked me if instead of my overnight, Iíd be willing to DH to Austin , do a AUS-RIV next day, and then home, 2 days earlier. I said YES!, why wouldnít I go home earlier. Next day they added 3 flights and no more early home for me

MIA flying looks great to be honest, but the seniority situation is ridiculous.

I wish JFK 747 had the same flying JFK 767 does, itíd be the best job on earth.
Yowza, they pulled a fast one on you unfortunately. Maybe get the deal/agreement written in the notes/memo section to hold them to it. Snapshot it of course just to be sure. When you start the 74 long haul there will be times where they attempt to fly you over and above. Know the limits/requirements and you can have some meaningful gains in your favor. Is it the JFK 767 pax operations you desire? Ticketed front end on day 1 looks enticing? Europe centric? Or something else.
*While Afghanistan was a thing, it was a great run for some of us 74 folks. Some decent runs thru Dubai, India, Liege, Kuwait, Doha, etc. Fun while it lasted.

MIA is phenomenal for those who live nearby. Definitely a highly sought after racket, hence the seniority.
C17B74 is offline  
Old 07-04-2022, 02:57 PM
  #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CRJJ's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B737 FO
Posts: 717
Default

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Yowza, they pulled a fast one on you unfortunately. Maybe get the deal/agreement written in the notes/memo section to hold them to it. Snapshot it of course just to be sure. When you start the 74 long haul there will be times where they attempt to fly you over and above. Know the limits/requirements and you can have some meaningful gains in your favor. Is it the JFK 767 pax operations you desire? Ticketed front end on day 1 looks enticing? Europe centric? Or something else.
*While Afghanistan was a thing, it was a great run for some of us 74 folks. Some decent runs thru Dubai, India, Liege, Kuwait, Doha, etc. Fun while it lasted.

MIA is phenomenal for those who live nearby. Definitely a highly sought after racket, hence the seniority.

Great advice and I'll make sure an email and/or memo goes with their words (especially on the 74 as you mention). I felt like an idiot for 2 days, but it was good flying anyways.
No desire for the PAX side, even tho I'd imagine the military crowd must be 100 times better behaved compared to regular passengers. Ticketed front end on day 1, and also last day on several lines. I'm from Spain, lived in Germany for quite a bit, and it really seems it'd be SUPER easy to move back there and make things work with scheduling. Plus I just love European destinations.
I bid ANC, but can hold any base at this point, including MIA, so I'll try to get intel from each of base, and see what I enjoy the most. I live in Colorado, so it takes about the same time going left or right really (pretty much).
CRJJ is online now  
Old 07-04-2022, 05:42 PM
  #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Swakid8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,838
Default

Originally Posted by CRJJ View Post
Great advice and I'll make sure an email and/or memo goes with their words (especially on the 74 as you mention). I felt like an idiot for 2 days, but it was good flying anyways.
No desire for the PAX side, even tho I'd imagine the military crowd must be 100 times better behaved compared to regular passengers. Ticketed front end on day 1, and also last day on several lines. I'm from Spain, lived in Germany for quite a bit, and it really seems it'd be SUPER easy to move back there and make things work with scheduling. Plus I just love European destinations.
I bid ANC, but can hold any base at this point, including MIA, so I'll try to get intel from each of base, and see what I enjoy the most. I live in Colorado, so it takes about the same time going left or right really (pretty much).
ĎORD has the best 74 flying in my opinion of the system. You get a little bit of everything.
Swakid8 is online now  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
JetJock16
Regional
63
04-08-2016 05:05 PM
NCR757dxr
Charter
15
07-20-2013 09:55 AM
Timeoff2fish
Cargo
112
03-29-2013 01:36 AM
Sir James
Hangar Talk
6
02-27-2006 04:44 PM
Low Renzo
Major
0
05-28-2005 10:35 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread