Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Aviation Law Legal issues, FARs, and questions
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2019, 08:11 AM   #1  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Default Medical and traffic violations.

First time here and was wondering how far back they look at your driving record. I have a few tickets that are 10+ years old and they were for not having insurance and another was not having my car registration on me, both tickets got thrown out and no fines had to be paid. currently i have my cdl with tsa clearance but was wondering if the tickets would come into play while trying to get my 1st class medical?
Benbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:45 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GogglesPisano's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: Finishing up my sentence of hard labor on the DC9 - NEO.
Posts: 3,064
Default

Have you read the 8500 application?

The pertinent questions ask about DUI's and revocation/denial/suspension of driving privileges.
GogglesPisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:00 AM   #3  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GogglesPisano View Post
Have you read the 8500 application?

The pertinent questions ask about DUI's and revocation/denial/suspension of driving privileges.
I have and none of those apply but at the end they ask permission to pull up your driving record and I was wondering if there should be any concern with past tickets even though there wasnít any duiís, revocation, denial, or suspension.
Benbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:09 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GogglesPisano's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: Finishing up my sentence of hard labor on the DC9 - NEO.
Posts: 3,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benbc View Post
I have and none of those apply but at the end they ask permission to pull up your driving record and I was wondering if there should be any concern with past tickets even though there wasnít any duiís, revocation, denial, or suspension.
I would have no concerns about that.
GogglesPisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:10 AM   #5  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GogglesPisano View Post
I would have no concerns about that.
Thank you.
Benbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:29 AM   #6  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 33
Default DL suspension

I recently had my drivers license suspended ( until the fine was paid) for a red light camera fine.Car is registered to me(and my son) but I wasn't the drivers wasn't even in the same state.Is a reason for suspension like this grounds for disclosure to the FAA? normal traffic fines go to the driver but this is one exception.
Gvdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:43 PM   #7  
Prime Minister
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 21,317
Default

Reading the question literally, the answer is yes.

A yes answer would require an explanation, but should not impact your medical in any way since you didn't do anything related to substance abuse.

A no answer followed by a contradictory hit on the NDR check might get your medical suspended in addition to your DL.
rickair7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:18 PM   #8  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 33
Default

this is what the FAA has on this and defines ADMINISTRATIVE

Examples of Reportable Administrative Actions (Not a comprehensive list)
Revocation, suspension, or cancellation of driver license for:
Chemical test failure
Chemical test refusal
Administrative per se orders
10-day civil revocations
Express consent revocation/suspension
Gvdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:38 AM   #9  
Prime Minister
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 21,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvdriver View Post
this is what the FAA has on this and defines ADMINISTRATIVE

Examples of Reportable Administrative Actions (Not a comprehensive list)
Revocation, suspension, or cancellation of driver license for:
Chemical test failure
Chemical test refusal
Administrative per se orders
10-day civil revocations
Express consent revocation/suspension
I wish they would clarify this, we all know, and they know, that they're really only looking for DUI type events, not unpaid parking tickets or the like. But "Administrative per se orders" covers a lot of territory, and you would hate for some eager-beaver bureaucrat to revoke your medical because you said no and NDR said yes (bearing in mind that NDR may not explain the details). I think you'd prevail ultimately, but probably just easier to check yes, explain to the AME, and walk out with a medical and nothing hanging over your head.
rickair7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:16 AM   #10  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I wish they would clarify this, we all know, and they know, that they're really only looking for DUI type events, not unpaid parking tickets or the like. But "Administrative per se orders" covers a lot of territory, and you would hate for some eager-beaver bureaucrat to revoke your medical because you said no and NDR said yes (bearing in mind that NDR may not explain the details). I think you'd prevail ultimately, but probably just easier to check yes, explain to the AME, and walk out with a medical and nothing hanging over your head.
here is what I found

The Administrative Per Se program processes automatic driver's license suspensions for all DUI offenders. It is also called the on the spot license suspension program
Gvdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALPA opposes third-class medical reform Huck Major 183 11-24-2015 11:39 AM
ALPA opposes third-class medical reform Huck Cargo 67 08-02-2015 01:48 PM
My Story/Plan Having ADD AAL763 Pilot Health 15 08-05-2014 04:31 PM
FedEx First Class Medical 6 months? FLW2003 Cargo 44 02-24-2011 11:08 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:20 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1