Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2019, 11:38 AM   #61  
Perennial Reserve
 
Excargodog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 6,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman21 View Post
I am looking for some opinions here. I need to explain what happened on my checkride failures (2) to the airline. I remember exactly what happened on the first one, but I cannot for the life of me remember what happened on the second one. It was 2003 when it happened.

I am trying to figure out the best way to word it on the form. I know it was my own damn fault and I take responsibility for it but I am not sure how to write it. Any thoughts?
Give us a hint. Do you remember at least what rating you were going for?
Excargodog is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 03:11 PM   #62  
Used to Get Weekends Off
 
iceman21's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: CRJ-200 - Furloughed
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
Give us a hint. Do you remember at least what rating you were going for?
Yes my apologies, it was my CFIA add-on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
iceman21 is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 03:45 PM   #63  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 29,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman21 View Post
I am looking for some opinions here. I need to explain what happened on my checkride failures (2) to the airline. I remember exactly what happened on the first one, but I cannot for the life of me remember what happened on the second one. It was 2003 when it happened.

I am trying to figure out the best way to word it on the form. I know it was my own damn fault and I take responsibility for it but I am not sure how to write it. Any thoughts?
Do you have the pink slip? If not get a copy of your FAA file.

The pink slip will indicate the failed knowledge items.

Then make up a story. But your fictional story needs to reflect what the DPE put on the pink slip because the better airlines with FOIA your FAA file.
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 03:47 PM   #64  
Used to Get Weekends Off
 
iceman21's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: CRJ-200 - Furloughed
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Do you have the pink slip? If not get a copy of your FAA file.



The pink slip will indicate the failed knowledge items.



Then make up a story. But your fictional story needs to reflect what the DPE put on the pink slip because the better airlines with FOIA your FAA file.
The issue I'm going to run into is that I won't get my file from the FAA in time. Class date next month....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
iceman21 is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #65  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 29,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman21 View Post
The issue I'm going to run into is that I won't get my file from the FAA in time. Class date next month....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Tough one, might have to confess that you don't remember. Usually they sort that kind of thing out before they offer jobs.

I'd still try to get your file, might show up in time. Worst case you can at least tell them you're trying to get the info. Sure you didn't keep the pink slip in a file somewhere? People did stuff like that back in '03...
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 06:52 PM   #66  
In a land of unicorns
 
dera's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 175 FO
Posts: 4,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman21 View Post
The issue I'm going to run into is that I won't get my file from the FAA in time. Class date next month....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Class date next month? So you already passed your interview? All is well then?
dera is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 07:34 PM   #67  
Used to Get Weekends Off
 
iceman21's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: CRJ-200 - Furloughed
Posts: 224
Default

Yes given a class date after interviewing. I have some paperwork that asks about the reasons of the failure(s) I have to send back in with copies of certificates and documents.

All was disclosed during the interview.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
iceman21 is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 08:06 PM   #68  
Perennial Reserve
 
Excargodog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 6,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman21 View Post
Yes given a class date after interviewing. I have some paperwork that asks about the reasons of the failure(s) I have to send back in with copies of certificates and documents.

All was disclosed during the interview.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You can call them on Monday, give them enough information to confirm your identity and explain your circumstances throw yourself on their mercy:

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi...ation_records/

If you actually get through to a human being it might work.
Excargodog is offline  
Old 08-30-2019, 07:36 AM   #69  
On Reserve
 
Flt1ok's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman21 View Post
Yes given a class date after interviewing. I have some paperwork that asks about the reasons of the failure(s) I have to send back in with copies of certificates and documents.

All was disclosed during the interview.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It might be worth taking a look at the Pilot Record Database (PRD). It may (or may not) have the records in there.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/pilot_records_database/
Flt1ok is offline  
Old 08-31-2019, 05:04 PM   #70  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SaltyDog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal
Posts: 1,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeargab View Post
Go mil, you’ll blanket those 5 failures with 11 years of military flying experience, they won’t bat an eye at them.
They may very well bat an eye, but as JohneBurke pointed out (excellent post IMO) it will build a record to show what the OP has learned and applied, and can speak with appropriate humility and confidence he is the right person for the job.
SaltyDog is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help. Multiple Checkride Failures Kimchiflyrice Career Questions 57 01-03-2021 07:41 PM
Shot at endeavor 5 checkride failures. thepesimist Career Questions 121 09-08-2018 11:59 AM
Going to the regionals at ATP minimums? Skyhawk92 Career Questions 6 11-23-2014 06:56 AM
How to get to the regionals with no CFI phoenix23684 Flight Schools and Training 16 02-05-2007 09:17 AM
checkride failures UConnQB14 Flight Schools and Training 20 07-09-2006 05:54 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:39 AM.