Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2017, 05:45 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
OOTSK's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Dial-a-Flap
Posts: 224
Default Atlas/Polar JS Info

Hey guys. Offline jumpseater trying to find some info for flight 961 CVG-ANC today. Any Atlas or Polar guys online to help me out? Just wanted to see if its on time and I'm still listed. My initials are T.S. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Fly good!
OOTSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:51 AM   #2  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Posts: 532
Default

It is currently on time and you are listed.
Whiplash6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:11 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
OOTSK's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Dial-a-Flap
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash6 View Post
It is currently on time and you are listed.
Thank you!
OOTSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Posts: 349
Default

slightly OT.. but when you jumpseat on Atlas, or Kalitta for that matter, on a 747 are you actually sitting in the jumpseat itself or is there a "crew area" to sit in - I imagine both these companies tend to fly w/ multiple crews aboard (?)
Can you, if you want, sit upfront for a while or do they tend to have check airmen or company people sitting in the js on most flights?
Mr Rumbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:45 AM   #5  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Posts: 532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rumbold View Post
slightly OT.. but when you jumpseat on Atlas, or Kalitta for that matter, on a 747… are you actually sitting in the jumpseat itself or is there a "crew area" to sit in - I imagine both these companies tend to fly w/ multiple crews aboard (?)
Can you, if you want, sit upfront for a while or do they tend to have check airmen or company people sitting in the js on most flights?
Depends on the amount of operating crew members. If, for instance, you're jumpseating on the 74 and there's 4 pilots, then all the jumpseats are taken and you'd have to sit in the cabin. If there's a seat available then I'm sure the captain would encourage another set of eyes up front if you're so inclined.
Whiplash6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:23 AM   #6  
New Hire
 
jaskaranbhathal's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: B1900-FO
Posts: 1
Default ATLAS BWI Junpseat

Hi Huys I'm listed for flight 3536 tomorrow out of BWI as a OAL Jumpseater. I was wondering if anyone knew where to checkin at BWI for the flight.

Thanks
Jas
jaskaranbhathal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:43 AM   #7  
O.T. Freight Dog
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Former 747 Captain
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash6 View Post
Depends on the amount of operating crew members. If, for instance, you're jumpseating on the 74 and there's 4 pilots, then all the jumpseats are taken and you'd have to sit in the cabin. If there's a seat available then I'm sure the captain would encourage another set of eyes up front if you're so inclined.

Not exactly correct! Jump seat passengers from any other company are not allowed in the cockpit. This is not to say that is doesn't happen!
FR8Dog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:07 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2011
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR8Dog7 View Post
Not exactly correct! Jump seat passengers from any other company are not allowed in the cockpit. This is not to say that is doesn't happen!
I've never heard of that rule. Especially since the whole aircraft is considered 'the flight deck' for security purposes. Why do you think we have Jumpseat briefing cards for cockpit observer seats?
CallmeJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:31 PM   #9  
O.T. Freight Dog
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Former 747 Captain
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeJB View Post
I've never heard of that rule. Especially since the whole aircraft is considered 'the flight deck' for security purposes. Why do you think we have Jumpseat briefing cards for cockpit observer seats?

Did you not see the "This is not to say that is doesn't happen"! It is in the books, take a look.
FR8Dog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:50 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2011
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR8Dog7 View Post
It is in the books, take a look.
Well, okay, but I can't find it.
CallmeJB is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Island Air info? acousticgrace Regional 10 09-25-2014 10:37 AM
Current Info for Sky Lease Cargo rmr1992 Cargo 24 09-11-2014 09:17 AM
CAL/UAL hiring info Horhay United 131 02-13-2013 10:58 PM
Accurate Load Info on Lufthansa and SWISS fartsarefunny Foreign 6 06-14-2012 05:17 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:58 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1