Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #31  
Seeing the World
 
maxjet's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: B747-4 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Not understanding what the big fuss is about here.

I see this in the contract, “Proficiency checks, Operating Experience and Line Checks, shall only be conducted by Crewmembers on the Crew Class Seniority Lists who the Company designates as Check Airmen.”

He is on the seniority list as an FO. The company has made him a check airman. End of story. He is management so he isn’t .even flying out of seniority.
maxjet is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 09:42 AM   #32  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 176
Default

It’s in court. One person is not above the CBA.
Code Red is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #33  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
Not understanding what the big fuss is about here.

I see this in the contract, “Proficiency checks, Operating Experience and Line Checks, shall only be conducted by Crewmembers on the Crew Class Seniority Lists who the Company designates as Check Airmen.”

He is on the seniority list as an FO. The company has made him a check airman. End of story. He is management so he isn’t .even flying out of seniority.
You say he is an FO. If that's the case how do you explain the fact that he is out right now conducting revenue flights as a Captain?
goldfinger is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #34  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger View Post
You say he is an FO. If that's the case how do you explain the fact that he is out right now conducting revenue flights as a Captain?
His seniority is that of an FO. He’s line captain qual working as LCA on management leave. You can’t check on management leave.

All this guys training pass/fail is going to get vacated and this is gonna turn into a ****ing mess with the FAA.

The juice wasent worth the squeeze. They should have just promoted from within and saved everyone the headache.
Code Red is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #35  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
Thank you so much for putting things into perspective for me. I will get right on that and should have this completely fixed by tomorrow.
Great. Thanks for doing that.
myoface is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 01:16 PM   #36  
Seeing the World
 
maxjet's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: B747-4 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
His seniority is that of an FO. He’s line captain qual working as LCA on management leave. You can’t check on management leave.

All this guys training pass/fail is going to get vacated and this is gonna turn into a ****ing mess with the FAA.

The juice wasent worth the squeeze. They should have just promoted from within and saved everyone the headache.
So you are writing that the Chief Pilot, who is a management pilot is not able to check? He is an APD
maxjet is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #37  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 176
Default

Being intentionally hired off the street and placed on mgmt leave is a hell of a lot different than holding a 119 position.

You must be one of our joyous -400 instructors.

Last edited by Code Red; 12-11-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Code Red is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 02:41 PM   #38  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TommyDevito's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
All this guys training pass/fail is going to get vacated and this is gonna turn into a ****ing mess with the FAA.
.
How do you figure that?
TommyDevito is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #39  
Seeing the World
 
maxjet's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: B747-4 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
His seniority is that of an FO. He’s line captain qual working as LCA on management leave. You can’t check on management leave.

All this guys training pass/fail is going to get vacated and this is gonna turn into a ****ing mess with the FAA.

The juice wasent worth the squeeze. They should have just promoted from within and saved everyone the headache.
How does BR, and until a few months ago CE, SS, and SH do it then?
maxjet is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 03:57 PM   #40  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
How does BR, and until a few months ago CE, SS, and SH do it then?
Dude you really are dense. Paul does not have the seniority to hold the line as a captain. Go read the FOTM you have access to it.

Under the current CBA said individual can ONLY train NOT check.
Code Red is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IPA vs FQS positions Fltinspector UPS 32 04-26-2018 01:46 PM
UPS Hiring FQS jlg79 Cargo 154 05-24-2014 10:27 AM
Letter from IPA President to all UPS FQS Blue Collar Man Cargo 221 03-29-2011 10:31 AM
UPS - FQS Must Read! Deadline approaches.. Capt TedStriker Cargo 3 03-05-2011 03:45 PM
UPS hiring FQS Fireball Cargo 69 02-07-2011 11:39 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:15 PM.