Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Cargo (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/cargo/)
-   -   101 Reasons to Not Work For ACMIs (ABX, ATI, (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/cargo/110727-101-reasons-not-work-acmis-abx-ati.html)

boiler 01-19-2018 06:47 PM

101 Reasons to Not Work For ACMIs (ABX, ATI,
 
Time to assemble a solid list of the reasons you should avoid these carriers. Iíll start:

1. (ABX) Unlimited ability to junior man you on your days off. Weddings, birthdays, etc. donít matter even if you were awarded those days off.

2. (ABX) How does sitting hot reserve at CVG for 12 hours from noon to midnight sound? Thereís a lot of this!

Who else wants to chime in?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motorclutch 01-19-2018 07:06 PM

We get to work for scumbags!

redmanchew 01-19-2018 08:29 PM

You mean sit airport reserve for 12 hrs only to be extended an extra 3 hrs and come back and do it again the next day, and the next day, and the next day...oh and only get paid for 5 hrs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbosina 01-19-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redmanchew (Post 2507015)
You mean sit airport reserve for 12 hrs only to be extended an extra 3 hrs and come back and do it again the next day, and the next day, and the next day...oh and only get paid for 5 hrs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're kidding? Even at a lowly regional they can only put 8 hours of ready reserve per day on us. Yikes...

redmanchew 01-19-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbosina (Post 2507058)
You're kidding? Even at a lowly regional they can only put 8 hours of ready reserve per day on us. Yikes...



Unfortunately now a regional is a much better option...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McBoeingBus 01-20-2018 04:30 AM

121 vs 117. Thanks a lot OMB and BHO.

No Land 3 01-20-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBoeingBus (Post 2507101)
121 vs 117. Thanks a lot OMB and BHO.

I could see why *you* might want 117, for those of us that arenít abused and put away wet, 117 is nothing more than a huge paycut.

JetRage 01-20-2018 06:24 PM

Im not sure mgmt here even realized how far behind this place really is. Were bidding on paper. Were flying planes with no CPDLC, no ACARS, paper jepps (although I think they're working on that), no coffee makers and often times no food.

Even the regionals are decades ahead of this place technology wise. Plus they get travel benefits. I came here because the pay was better. But if I go back to reserve and have to get a crash pad in cvg the money wont be there. Definitely not enough to justify being gone a month at a time.

I don't tell other pilots what to do. Go ahead and apply if you want. Come get you some 42k. But I think most us new hires are packing our bags. Just fyi.

No Land 3 01-20-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetRage (Post 2507573)
Im not sure mgmt here even realized how far behind this place really is. Were bidding on paper. Were flying planes with no CPDLC, no ACARS, paper jepps (although I think they're working on that), no coffee makers and often times no food.

Even the regionals are decades ahead of this place technology wise. Plus they get travel benefits. I came here because the pay was better. But if I go back to reserve and have to get a crash pad in cvg the money wont be there. Definitely not enough to justify being gone a month at a time.

I don't tell other pilots what to do. Go ahead and apply if you want. Come get you some 42k. But I think most us new hires are packing our bags. Just fyi.

I would think management only cares about shareholders.

papacharlie 01-20-2018 08:21 PM

Man even Envoy is offering a $45000 bonus just to start there....then $68 an hour as a captain.....
ABX ....$44000 after a year of hard working back side of the clock...
there is no money to be made nor an upgrade in sight ...
I dont see any smart pilot applying and coming over here knowing what in this forum people are saying and living the "DREAM":mad:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:06 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands