Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2018, 08:14 PM   #61  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by point432 View Post
Its becoming just one of those things that is just industry standard. Even small 135 operators have KCM. We shouldn’t have to negotiate KCM, bc so many companies give it. Should we negotiate iPads or CASS? iPads saves the company money and CASS broadens the market for hiring pilots by allowing ppl to not live in CVG. Every other operator probably sees kcm as an improved efficiency. Therefore, why would we negotiate something improves efficiency and helps the company out. They should have given this years ago to help crews make it to their DHs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why.....because the company attorneys convinced them along time ago that if the pilots want it....say no! That attitude has cost them millions over the years!
nitefr8dog is online now  
Old 06-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #62  
Lead Guitar & Vocals
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukalel View Post
The word is 4 guys in the june 15th class.. they must not know how to read because nonody in their right mind would come here after all the reality checks offered here from the guys who are living the nightmare.. ohh well some people dont learn till they get experience it for themselves.. let the beatings continue..
Its the Kavorka.
Almost There is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 10:12 AM   #63  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by point432 View Post
Its becoming just one of those things that is just industry standard. Even small 135 operators have KCM. We shouldn’t have to negotiate KCM, bc so many companies give it. Should we negotiate iPads or CASS? iPads saves the company money and CASS broadens the market for hiring pilots by allowing ppl to not live in CVG. Every other operator probably sees kcm as an improved efficiency. Therefore, why would we negotiate something improves efficiency and helps the company out. They should have given this years ago to help crews make it to their DHs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With all the unnecessary commercial deadheading now being done due to the company dropping the day/night waiver, I bet the first crew to get held up in security and miss their flight might get their attention. Clearly no one is doing the math on all the bag check fees they pay that they would not have to pay if we could just get our liquids through security with KCM. I'm not travelling in uniform just to save them a bag check fee.
woog315 is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #64  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjcandee View Post

DHL is of course the kind of operation that can probably best use the express-carrier orientation and tribal knowledge of ABX, even if it doesn't always appreciate its own need for a precision carrier like ABX.
DHL really missed the boat when they didn't adopt the "precision carrier C can"
BoomerSooner is offline  
Old 06-11-2018, 07:58 AM   #65  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woog315 View Post
With all the unnecessary commercial deadheading now being done due to the company dropping the day/night waiver, I bet the first crew to get held up in security and miss their flight might get their attention. Clearly no one is doing the math on all the bag check fees they pay that they would not have to pay if we could just get our liquids through security with KCM. I'm not travelling in uniform just to save them a bag check fee.
You say that as if someone is actually paying attention? They have for years scheduled commercial flights based on saving 6 bucks with zero regard for connecting flights...and stranded crews and delayed flights numerous times. Why would that change?
nitefr8dog is online now  
Old 06-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #66  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 208
Default

ABX is getting closer to getting your “Amazon” bag tags everyday.

ATI is a big barrel of monkeys. Today out of the blue our Chief Pilot resigned.

Heard Bucky Jr is trying out.
midnightshuttle is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 04:43 AM   #67  
O.T. Freight Dog
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Former 747 Captain
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost There View Post
Its the Kavorka.


I love it!
FR8Dog7 is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 05:59 AM   #68  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Posts: 896
Default

[email protected] show number two in progress. I’m sure that highly skilled aviator JV#2 will do a fine job. Maybe he can pass on techniques for landing with 2300lbs in a 767-300.
motorclutch is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 06:47 AM   #69  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 70
Default

Isn’t it the ATSG way to promote the most incompetent guy to CP?
tiredofjrm is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 06:54 AM   #70  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: On the edge
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightshuttle View Post
Today out of the blue our Chief Pilot resigned.
He probably felt there was no more reason to stick around since their most problematic scheduler crossed the fence to ABX.
Reactivity is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mesa 3.0 iFlyRC Mesa Airlines 6519 Today 05:35 PM
Ati? Cookie Monster Cargo 67 05-04-2008 06:38 AM
ABX Air Declares DHL in Fault of Agreement Jurassic Jet Cargo 26 11-15-2007 07:16 AM
ABX buying 11 Delta 767s Gordon C Cargo 0 09-07-2005 11:29 AM
ABX purchases 767-200 from DAL Freighter Captain Cargo 0 08-03-2005 04:47 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:38 PM.