Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2018, 07:53 PM   #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: Stuck in Turkey
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly899 View Post
Tried looking thru old thread to learn about examples of hotels. Can anyone share some of the international hotels K4 stays in. I start class soon, truly cant wait!!!!


Thanks in advance,
Um.... please read the whopping 2 pages of this thread and you’ll find that most of you’re questions are answered

What is the quality of the Hotels?
In general they are decent. In the US expect a lot of Holiday Inn, Double Tree, and Courtyards. In Asia and the Mideast they are outstanding with things like the Oakwood, Shangri-La, and the Millennium. In Europe they tend to be the Penta, and Radisson.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:56 PM   #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: B744 CA
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly899 View Post
Tried looking thru old thread to learn about examples of hotels. Can anyone share some of the international hotels K4 stays in. I start class soon, truly cant wait!!!!


Thanks in advance,
well....i'm in this hotel now

Hotel in Hong Kong - Luxury 5 Star | Kowloon Shangri-La

welcome aboard
Lockheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:25 AM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockheed View Post
well....i'm in this hotel now

Hotel in Hong Kong - Luxury 5 Star | Kowloon Shangri-La

welcome aboard
How do you afford to eat there when a tray of nuts are $37, LOL. Seriously, what's your current per diem and what's it going to by the end of the contract?
brasiliae120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:49 AM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockheed View Post
all K4 pilots are ALPA
other than 2-3 holdouts
A new permanent MEC has been elected
I assume your single council is in YIP, does your MEC have an ALPA office there? How are your LEC meetings held, and where? Since everyone is home based, I'm curious on the logistics of how this works. I assume that few, if any pilots are in domicile.
Thanks for your input.
brasiliae120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:30 AM   #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GraceMonth's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: Left
Posts: 167
Default Application aircraft type

Do you get assigned aircraft type in class or are you hired in on the fleet for which you apply?
GraceMonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:24 AM   #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasiliae120 View Post
How do you afford to eat there when a tray of nuts are $37, LOL. Seriously, what's your current per diem and what's it going to by the end of the contract?
I suppose you've never seen their breakfast buffet that is included, that is, if you didn't stuff yourself of catering on the airplane, or perhaps you'd rather walk outside and visit one of the thousands of places to eat in Hong Kong. I spend a tiny fraction with this job from when I was at a regional, and what I do spend is 100% towards myself, not what's required to do my job.
No Land 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:27 AM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasiliae120 View Post
I assume your single council is in YIP, does your MEC have an ALPA office there? How are your LEC meetings held, and where? Since everyone is home based, I'm curious on the logistics of how this works. I assume that few, if any pilots are in domicile.
Thanks for your input.
We have no LEC, just a MEC. Everyone knows everyone pretty much on a first name basis.
No Land 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:03 AM   #28  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonth View Post
Do you get assigned aircraft type in class or are you hired in on the fleet for which you apply?
When I applied it was general FO position. After interview process was offered a class in the 747 but obviously they offer the 767. It appears now you apply into type. Dont know if that helps ya.
Firefly899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:20 AM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GraceMonth's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: Left
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly899 View Post
When I applied it was general FO position. After interview process was offered a class in the 747 but obviously they offer the 767. It appears now you apply into type. Dont know if that helps ya.
Yep, thanks!
GraceMonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:17 AM   #30  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Um.... please read the whopping 2 pages of this thread and you’ll find that most of you’re questions are answered

What is the quality of the Hotels?
In general they are decent. In the US expect a lot of Holiday Inn, Double Tree, and Courtyards. In Asia and the Mideast they are outstanding with things like the Oakwood, Shangri-La, and the Millennium. In Europe they tend to be the Penta, and Radisson.
Just a short list of hotels ranked in nno particular order:

https://www.reservations.com/hotel/q...9b1c9807f2f0f9

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence near Florence Mall

Camp Inn Lodge | Hotel/Motel Lodging | Oscoda Township, MI

https://www.yelp.com/biz/crowne-plaz...pd5N5yoyzSuhtA

:: WORLDHOTEL ::

Air Force Inns

Air Force Inns

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...e_England.html
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Subcontract Airlines (Part 121 "Regional") winglet Regional 47 05-15-2016 09:45 PM
Any New News on Kalitta Air Hiring? alphonso1 Charter 31 12-20-2014 08:23 PM
Kalitta Air attending job fair AeroCrewSolut Cargo 6 05-16-2012 06:55 PM
DAL to replace 100 757's with 739's FastDEW Major 201 09-03-2011 06:42 AM
Pilots, Air Canada book dates to negotiate wage re-opener flystraightin Major 4 05-31-2006 06:31 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:49 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1