Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2018, 11:52 AM   #71  
On Reserve
 
AFEDEX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: New Hire
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDog View Post
How many of the under 3 year pilots are trained and in pay status as Captain?
Thx
A few dozen. No more than about 40-45.
AFEDEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:45 PM   #72  
Fly it like you stole it!
 
brn2fly1's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: B757 Captain
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakitnow View Post
I have just worked at both Airlines. Current projection for UPS first upgrade will be 6-7 years and FedEx First wide-body upgrade approximately 8 years.
16-01 bid had a 6yr Airbus Captain, and at least 18 757 captains with less than 18 months. Some had less than a year on property when awarded the upgrade.
brn2fly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #73  
Fly it like you stole it!
 
brn2fly1's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: B757 Captain
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDog View Post
How many of the under 3 year pilots are trained and in pay status as Captain?
Thx
There is probably at least 60 of us that have 3 1/2 years or less. When the 18-01 bid finishes Iíll have less than 4 years on property and will have 80 plus 757 Captains junior to me.
brn2fly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:06 PM   #74  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SaltyDog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal
Posts: 1,542
Default

Thanks for the info.
Good year to all
SaltyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:19 AM   #75  
Where's my Mai Tai?
 
Swedish Blender's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: fins to the left, fins to the right
Posts: 1,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max7 View Post
just don't want to stay in regional trying to move up...
any help appreciate
It depends.

What are your stats and what is your ultimate goal?
Swedish Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:44 PM   #76  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max7 View Post
hello, just a quick question, need your help and some suggestions,,,,
do you guys think moving from Skywest Airlines to ATLAS, Would be a good move?
I really don't mined night flying or be away from home for 17days, but it looks like there is lot of hidden fees will come off your paycheck,
recently they contact me and now even they providing confirmed ticket with Hotel for my interview

just don't want to stay in regional trying to move up...
any help appreciate
I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I will give you some advice.

First, you absolutely must do your research about the current pay and work rules in force today. I cannot count how many times people come from the regionals and then complain about the work rules here, saying they are better in the regionals.

If you come and find yourself unpleasantly surprised that's YOUR fault, and of course also the fault of the recruiters who probably misled, or flat out lied to you during the recruitment process.

Second, realize that the company and the union are in a full blown, knock down drag out, gutter fight.

Third, there is a lot of short to medium term uncertainty with the direction of the company, given the influence of Amazon, DHL and the latest crash. You need to be prepared for ANY consequence those three factors may impose on the operation.

If you can handle the low pay, horrible work rules and turbulent (to put it mildly) work environment then come on over, but I highly recommend you keep some other apps updated just in case it doesn't turn out to be your cup of tea.
zerozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:28 AM   #77  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2018
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozero View Post
I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I will give you some advice.

First, you absolutely must do your research about the current pay and work rules in force today. I cannot count how many times people come from the regionals and then complain about the work rules here, saying they are better in the regionals.

If you come and find yourself unpleasantly surprised that's YOUR fault, and of course also the fault of the recruiters who probably misled, or flat out lied to you during the recruitment process.

Second, realize that the company and the union are in a full blown, knock down drag out, gutter fight.

Third, there is a lot of short to medium term uncertainty with the direction of the company, given the influence of Amazon, DHL and the latest crash. You need to be prepared for ANY consequence those three factors may impose on the operation.

If you can handle the low pay, horrible work rules and turbulent (to put it mildly) work environment then come on over, but I highly recommend you keep some other apps updated just in case it doesn't turn out to be your cup of tea.
Very well said. At ABX close to 50% quit and go back to passenger or their old place of employment once they see how aweful ACMI is. ......and ABX is actually considered to have the best work rules in ACMI. Everyone should do their home work before making a leap!
ACMItrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:50 AM   #78  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PurpleToolBox's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Posts: 677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
The truck driver mentality is exactly why most of the Atlas guys were thinking good riddance when you left our union. If you somehow do not see or believe that ATSG, Atlas/Southern, and Kalitta are not in direct competition with UPS and FedEx, then I think we should all be telling you to get a grip.

Whether you realize it or not, Amazon and DHL are using our airlines to go after UPS and FedEx similar to how Southwest went after domestic market share of American, Delta, and United throughout the 1980s and 1990s. If you still don't believe it, I have a sort facility being built in CVG bigger than FedEx in MEM and UPS in SDF combined to sell you.

The ABX and Atlas/Southern pilots do not find it acceptable to allow management to exploit our cheap labor in order to take away high-paying quality jobs at FedEx and UPS. We will continue to fight for industry standard, not just truck driver standard.

While I commend your sentiment regarding the jobs at FedEx and UPS, I have to question the rest of your post.


How in the world is Amazon's CVG sort facility going to rival FedEx's and UPS's -- COMBINED? From what I've read the facility's capability is going to be less than FedEx's. On peak nights FedEx has 150 airplanes flying through the sort and that doesn't include our feeder folks. Even the Indy Hub, which is currently 2.5 million square feet, is scheduled for a $1.5B expansion this year -- the same amount Amazon is spending in CVG. While I agree Amazon is rapidly expanding their logistics capability, I think your comment is greatly exaggerated. Please prove me wrong if I am mistaken.



Second, with reference to Southwest, how is Amazon and DHL "southwesting" FedEx and UPS?
PurpleToolBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:13 PM   #79  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: B767 Capt.
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
Second, with reference to Southwest, how is Amazon and DHL "southwesting" FedEx and UPS?
By underpaying and overworking their pilots.

Donít pay any attention to him. Heís been drinking the Kool Aid.
gumpscheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:57 PM   #80  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PurpleToolBox's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Posts: 677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpscheck View Post
By underpaying and overworking their pilots.

Donít pay any attention to him. Heís been drinking the Kool Aid.
Ah I get it now. I donít want a war with him. That wouldnít be productive here. I was only wondering how the Southwest reference was being applied. Your explanation makes perfect sense. Thank you.
PurpleToolBox is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cargo Flying Jobs lwaddle Hiring News 24 04-15-2018 02:22 PM
Threat of unmanned aviation in cargo... fenix1 Cargo 123 03-26-2018 02:16 PM
Threat of unmanned aviation in cargo... fenix1 Cargo 22 02-10-2018 06:05 PM
Re: RAH Quagmire Major 253 04-16-2011 06:19 AM
Alaska- For Pilots and Mechanics and those interested Kilgore Trout Part 135 46 06-19-2009 03:35 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:11 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1