Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2018, 02:40 PM   #11  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: B-767 right side.
Posts: 84
Default

you guys that count per diem as wages are crazy. it's not wages!

Last edited by t207; 12-22-2018 at 02:41 PM. Reason: used the wrong word.
t207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #12  
Seeing the World
 
maxjet's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: B747-4 CA/Instructor
Posts: 1,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipWhitaker View Post
The math is not really that close. But I’d be curious to see the actual breakdown.
Why? Are you coming over? If that is the reason then don’t. The merry go round will stop in a couple of years and everybody will go back to 70 hour months with not a lot of OT. Right now we have a pilot who worked for it but is over 600k a few over 500k and a bigger group over 400. I would guess that the average Captain is well over 300 this year.
maxjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:58 PM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
Why? Are you coming over? If that is the reason then don’t. The merry go round will stop in a couple of years and everybody will go back to 70 hour months with not a lot of OT. Right now we have a pilot who worked for it but is over 600k a few over 500k and a bigger group over 400. I would guess that the average Captain is well over 300 this year.
Why am I curious? Because he tossed out a big number, and someone did the math @90hr/month + and came up 13k short even including per diem.
WhipWhitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 04:54 PM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Forty5N's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: 744 ;1A
Posts: 129
Default

I just crunched a few basic numbers.
As a 12 year captain who does NOT work days off, I grossed 286.6 this year, and that does not include perdiem. Nor does that include the 10,000 into my retirement. I also took January off for vacation. I won't even come close to breaking guarantee in December. I actually flew right at 700 hours for the year. That equates to about 409/hr. Y'all can crunch the numbers anyway you want, but thats what I made. It ain't Purple or Brown pay, but I don't need that to feel good about myself. This is the most I have ever made. I am completely debt free.
There are many that enjoy working more than I, but l work to enjoy life.I don't live to work.
Is this the best job going? No. But it's much better than many.

Happy New Year to everyone. Merry Christmas to All, and to all a good night.
Forty5N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:54 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5N View Post
I just crunched a few basic numbers.
As a 12 year captain who does NOT work days off, I grossed 286.6 this year, and that does not include perdiem. Nor does that include the 10,000 into my retirement. I also took January off for vacation. I won't even come close to breaking guarantee in December. I actually flew right at 700 hours for the year. That equates to about 409/hr. Y'all can crunch the numbers anyway you want, but thats what I made. It ain't Purple or Brown pay, but I don't need that to feel good about myself. This is the most I have ever made. I am completely debt free.
There are many that enjoy working more than I, but l work to enjoy life.I don't live to work.
Is this the best job going? No. But it's much better than many.

Happy New Year to everyone. Merry Christmas to All, and to all a good night.
For clarification these numbers must be Kalitta, not Atlas as in the thread title.
Atrasaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:57 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: 747-400 FO
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t207 View Post
you guys that count per diem as wages are crazy. it's not wages!
I would agree, that needs to be removed unless you take a giant Yeti cooler on your trips.
MoarAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:48 PM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Forty5N's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: 744 ;1A
Posts: 129
Default

"For clarification these numbers must be Kalitta, not Atlas as in the thread title."

Sorry, I forgot what thread i was on.....

However, There were some comments about some Kalitta stuff.



Merry Christmas to all.
Forty5N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:46 PM   #18  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: May 2009
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
Why? Are you coming over? If that is the reason then don’t. The merry go round will stop in a couple of years and everybody will go back to 70 hour months with not a lot of OT. Right now we have a pilot who worked for it but is over 600k a few over 500k and a bigger group over 400. I would guess that the average Captain is well over 300 this year.
The pay is where it should be. These salary numbers are the same as FedEx and UPS thus making Kalitta a great alternative career.
avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:01 PM   #19  
Seeing the World
 
maxjet's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: B747-4 CA/Instructor
Posts: 1,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipWhitaker View Post
Why am I curious? Because he tossed out a big number, and someone did the math @90hr/month + and came up 13k short even including per diem.
Believe it or don’t believe it. He is right and you are wrong. Are you the IRS? BTW that is a very little number at K4 this year. This year and I think next (hopefully) year are anomaly’s. Within 3 or 4 years we will be looking at Atlas as the highest paying. Then someone else.
maxjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Twin Wasp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: Asst. button pusher
Posts: 2,418
Default

Just to compare the numbers from the Connie pilot, I'm a 10 year 747 Captain, will be right at 174.4 with an additional 7.4 matched into the 401k. No open time, averaged about an extra 10 hours above guarantee a month due to the rig.
Twin Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Southern Air Hiring: Life on the Line Dick Steel Cargo 131 11-20-2018 04:45 AM
Atlas boeingdvr Cargo 150 09-12-2018 06:14 PM
Atlas Air outlook article DC8DRIVER Cargo 6 03-24-2014 06:37 AM
Atlas 767 Finally has some routes not rumors Polarfr8dog Cargo 19 09-09-2011 04:22 PM
Evergreen loses LCF Contract to Atlas EZRider Cargo 2 03-09-2010 06:18 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:12 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1