Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List
JonnyKnoxville

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2018, 07:52 PM   #11  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustajob View Post
Atlas is the scourge of the industry.

The current sub standard CBA is the direct result of ALPA representation in the early 2000-2005 period.

IBT has been fighting and gaining ground to undo a decade or more of damage ever since.

Anyone that implies ALPA is a better option is not only a fool but has no idea of the history at Atlas and how ALPA damaged the Arlas pilot group for the foreseeable future.
If ALPA was last at your property in 2005 what has IBT been doing?

According to APC you contract was amendable over two years ago...

AND

WB FOs at my airline make more than your 747 CAs... think about that every time you fly...

Weak unions like SWAPA, IPA and IBT are easy for the company to manipulate and delay...

Enjoy....


....the scourge.
deus ex machina is offline  
Old 12-23-2018, 08:52 PM   #12  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deus ex machina View Post
If ALPA was last at your property in 2005 what has IBT been doing?

According to APC you contract was amendable over two years ago...

AND

WB FOs at my airline make more than your 747 CAs... think about that every time you fly...

Weak unions like SWAPA, IPA and IBT are easy for the company to manipulate and delay...

Enjoy....


....the scourge.
And who might you fly for?
freighthound is offline  
Old 12-23-2018, 09:17 PM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
atpcliff's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
And a blatant lie at 1:35-1:38
Hiring pilots right out of “flightschool”.

Stopped watching after that.
Southern minimums have been reduced to ATP, so it is quite possible that Southern will hire people directly out of a -172.
atpcliff is offline  
Old 12-23-2018, 10:39 PM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: F-16
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpcliff View Post
Southern minimums have been reduced to ATP, so it is quite possible that Southern will hire people directly out of a -172.
Additionally, in the announcement of the Ameriflight Pilot Pathway program, they reference the Atlas ATP/CTP program. If they are truly developing one, that lends credence to taking new pilots...

https://w3.ameriflight.com/ameriflig...ide-companies/
Droopy is offline  
Old 12-24-2018, 01:17 AM   #15  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 91
Default

It's true that we're drawing from a different talent pool than we have in the past. This new reservoir of pilots will require a longer training footprint. Moreover, as pilots realize this isn't a place to stay, we're losing the expertise to move airplanes efficiently. This is why it would be more efficient for all parties to pay competitively.

Referring to pilots who have been flying recips and turboprops at AMF as "straight out of flight school" bothers me. We shouldn't invent a qualitative difference which does not exist. Moreover it's a self-defeating statement to make.

When we make the leap to demeaning these Ameriflight, GoJet or any pilots, others can make the same leap to demean us. Why pay Atlas pilots more when they can't make it anywhere better? If Atlas pilots can't go anywhere better, how much to they really need to be paid in order to fill the seats?

There are a lot of points which can made to support increasing our compensation. Supporting more and faster growth, for example. Trashing other pilots inadvertently trashes OUR pilots.
Elevation is offline  
Old 12-24-2018, 05:10 AM   #16  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevation View Post
It's true that we're drawing from a different talent pool than we have in the past. This new reservoir of pilots will require a longer training footprint. Moreover, as pilots realize this isn't a place to stay, we're losing the expertise to move airplanes efficiently. This is why it would be more efficient for all parties to pay competitively.

Referring to pilots who have been flying recips and turboprops at AMF as "straight out of flight school" bothers me. We shouldn't invent a qualitative difference which does not exist. Moreover it's a self-defeating statement to make.

When we make the leap to demeaning these Ameriflight, GoJet or any pilots, others can make the same leap to demean us. Why pay Atlas pilots more when they can't make it anywhere better? If Atlas pilots can't go anywhere better, how much to they really need to be paid in order to fill the seats?

There are a lot of points which can made to support increasing our compensation. Supporting more and faster growth, for example. Trashing other pilots inadvertently trashes OUR pilots.
ALPA can help, but it seems there it too much pride.
deus ex machina is offline  
Old 12-24-2018, 05:43 AM   #17  
Seeing the World
 
maxjet's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: B747-4 CA
Posts: 934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deus ex machina View Post
ALPA can help, but it seems there it too much pride.
In my opinion ALPA cannot help here. First, it would be crazy to start from scratch. Atlas has to stay with the one they came to the dance with. Second, and most importantly, 1224 is Atlas. It is as close to having your own union as there can be. In some ways it is better. The other airlines share your expenses while Atlas controls their own destiny.

DEM hits the nail on the head when he writes that pride is a factor. With the debt load that AAWW holds, I thought that the strategy used at the beginning of the negotiations was a good one. No OT and slow down the machine and you will get them to the table. The board was smarter than me and the strategy was not effective. Instead of changing the strategy, they have chosen to plod ahead.

Atlas will eventually get a contract. But at what cost?
maxjet is offline  
Old 12-24-2018, 06:13 AM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Fetal and Fatigued
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deus ex machina View Post
ALPA can help....
Yeah, just look at that ground breaking, industry leading winner of a contract they got for the suckers ATI.
Jurassic Jet is offline  
Old 12-24-2018, 07:55 AM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DC8DRIVER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747
Posts: 1,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deus ex machina View Post
Atlas was.... hmmm

hmmm Kalitta just became ALPA... are Atlas pilots familar with how that went down?

The new ALPA President is a cargo guy (Fedex)...

maybe it's time to connect the dots.
Very familiar, thank you. Which is why we are staying with Teamsters.

FYI: The new Kalitta contract was negotiated and signed into existance by Teamsters 1224.
DC8DRIVER is offline  
Old 12-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #20  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
Very familiar, thank you. Which is why we are staying with Teamsters.



FYI: The new Kalitta contract was negotiated and signed into existance by Teamsters 1224.


Post 17 hits the nail on the head. Atlas using all the other carriers for their money while only looking out for themselves. Not letting Omni or k4 vote on their own contracts that passed by 90+% because it didn’t have work rules that Atlas wanted, even though those rules would tank the contracts they had with their customers. That’s why K4 went ALPA. Let’s have ABX strike during peak so we look better to Amazon... all while being the lowest paid and making no headway on a new contract for themselves.
I hope one day soon Atlas and ABX get block buster contracts so they can finally say I told you so. Makes it easier when all the other contracts become amendable in two years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Asci is offline  
 
 
 

 
Closed Thread
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Atlas boeingdvr Cargo 149 09-12-2018 07:14 PM
For those considering Go-Jets, from a troll. Flogger GoJet 24 07-26-2018 06:50 PM
Delta Snap Up SpecialTracking United 156 02-09-2017 12:01 PM
American Eagle ALPA & AA APA Strike bgmann Regional 31 11-19-2011 08:33 PM
UAL hiring? John Pennekamp Major 28 02-13-2007 02:08 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:14 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1