Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2019, 09:51 AM   #111  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyAstarJets View Post
Again, your argument is apples to oranges. Hence the need to keep qualifying you statements with “...12 mos...” which means nothing to our scheduling process.

I’m done, this line of discussion has nothing to do with hiring.
You work more....and it might have everything to do with someone's hiring decision.
nitefr8dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #112  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2018
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
You work more....and it might have everything to do with someone's hiring decision.
K4 is the place to go if one wants to do acmi...most pay ....more days off than ati. Plus you dont work for atsg!
ACMItrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:30 AM   #113  
Line Holder
 
Airplaneflyer11's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Back right...fourth times a charm
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMItrash View Post
K4 is the place to go if one wants to do acmi...most pay ....more days off than ati. Plus you dont work for atsg!
Not working for uncle Joe is a major key in that phrase!
Airplaneflyer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:38 PM   #114  
Line Holder
 
152hvy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Breakdancing
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyAstarJets View Post
airtransport.cc
> careers
> job portal

I don’t believe the app window is open at the moment.

Hope this helps

Thanks,
I'll be waiting!
152hvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:41 PM   #115  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FlyAstarJets's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Frm. DHLAirways. Blue & White Boeing's Now. YEA!!
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAfng View Post
are you saying that local guys are working 5 on and 9 off? thats pretty damn good and also really hard to believe. If true, I will apply ASAP
We have some 7 on 7 off lines in the DHL system that, if you live in CVG, are basically 5 on 9 off because your travel days are spent at home (because you live there).
BUT, there are not a lot of these lines because of the small amount of DHL work we do. So please don’t think these lines are the norm. And in a seniority based bidding system, they will go senior.

I hope this helps.
FlyAstarJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:14 PM   #116  
Line Holder
 
CaptDave's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: Upright, 32A
Posts: 90
Default

...I’m just waiting for that window to open....
CaptDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:55 AM   #117  
Line Holder
 
Airplaneflyer11's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Back right...fourth times a charm
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
...I’m just waiting for that window to open....
The window will open when Uncle Joe decides which pilot group he will leave in the dust next.... I mean grant the honor of additional flying....dude run from ATSG.
Airplaneflyer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:02 AM   #118  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyAstarJets View Post
Well then thank goodness we don’t work under your “month”

And as I pointed out in the DHL system, I’ll take the 5 “on”, 9 “off”
and you could call it mashed potatoes. No worries.
Same goes for the AMZ schedule, it’ll still be 12 off.
This is how ATSG is able to sell bad math and bad contracts to ATI, if anyone is wondering. We've got some real alternative facts here when we're debating the definition of a month. "I only work 16 days a month, but my year has 13 months in it!". Wow....
woog315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:02 PM   #119  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyAstarJets View Post
We have some 7 on 7 off lines in the DHL system that, if you live in CVG, are basically 5 on 9 off because your travel days are spent at home (because you live there).
BUT, there are not a lot of these lines because of the small amount of DHL work we do. So please don’t think these lines are the norm. And in a seniority based bidding system, they will go senior.

I hope this helps.
As i figured, bs
AAfng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:47 PM   #120  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,596
Default

K4 actually gets quite a few more days off, if you are astute, and bid strategically. We are able to turn two weeks of vacation into almost two months off. Many of our pilots work 10 months. Or you can work those two weeks at 1.5 pay.
However, if you are all about staying home, try Spirit. Live on base and bidding reserve can be a good gig for that.
No Land 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ATI Jumpseat - Denied abxflyr Cargo 74 03-06-2019 06:22 AM
ABX vs ATI Hiring...choose wisely! motorclutch Cargo 4 04-15-2016 01:13 PM
ABX and ATI hiring confirmed motorclutch Cargo 19 03-29-2016 10:02 AM
Combined 2011 Hiring Info lolwut Major 24 12-01-2010 03:21 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:24 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1