Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2019, 07:52 AM   #551  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2017
Posts: 28
Default

Rumbold, have you gone to a job fair? I had applied but it wasn’t until I went to fair that I heard anything. I was offered an interview as soon as their next window opened.
Guinnesslovr is offline  
Old 09-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #552  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rumbold View Post
same..been applying consistently to ATI for well over a year.. like others I’m more than qualified. Never get a chance.. messaged with a recruiter who said I’m qualified and then some.
guess I’ll keep trying as well.. they seem like a good company.
I wonder how many applicants they’re getting per window.
Also frustrating is I know of 2 from my company who have no TPIC yet got hired..
It’s almost looking like the new commodity it pilots without PIC time because they can’t run off to a legacy right away. If you meet legacy hiring minimums, they’re afraid you’ll leave sooner than the guy who needs to stay to get their 1000 TPIC.
Just spitballing why this phenomenon of well qualified guys getting passed over for less experienced guys is so prevalent lately.

HR bean counters running hiring instead of experienced pilots. The priority is meat in the seats, not quality
Cujo665 is offline  
Old 09-12-2019, 09:31 AM   #553  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
It’s almost looking like the new commodity it pilots without PIC time because they can’t run off to a legacy right away. If you meet legacy hiring minimums, they’re afraid you’ll leave sooner than the guy who needs to stay to get their 1000 TPIC.
Just spitballing why this phenomenon of well qualified guys getting passed over for less experienced guys is so prevalent lately.

HR bean counters running hiring instead of experienced pilots. The priority is meat in the seats, not quality
While I do see your point, I'm not sure it's quite the standard. Yet! When I applied, I had 6000 TPIC, no checkride failures, no incidents or accidents and other than a few speeding tickets, a clean driving record. The variety in my training class was all over the place. Young (mid twenties), old (mid to late 50's), high time, low time, corporate, military and regional backgrounds. I totally agree with you 100% that HR is the one that has to be convinced, which IMHO, is a little unfortunate. In addition to the chief pilot and HR reps, I would love to see line pilots, captain and F/O's, if they are in ILN for recurrent or something, be able to sit in on an interview. I'm sure HR has some little formula or rhyme or reason to what they are doing, but I sure haven't figured it out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Kingairguy08 is offline  
Old 09-12-2019, 04:20 PM   #554  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteriousMrX View Post
Denied again. Exceed all qualifications (except lack of 757/767 experience)
Will keep trying I guess or go to Atlas.
I got called for an interview over the summer, ended up turning it down for a LCC. But, I had 5000tt and 1400 121 tpic. Just FYI on numbers.
Cefiro is offline  
Old 09-13-2019, 04:14 PM   #555  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Default

Also for ref I have an interview next month. 5300 TT 2900 TPIC. No 121
JohnPaulGeorge is offline  
Old 09-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #556  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: 737 right
Posts: 272
Default

I have applied a few times and never heard a peep, I got hired by Southwest instead. I would still consider ATI to stop commuting, but heard nothing the last time I applied.
moflyer is offline  
Old 09-13-2019, 06:37 PM   #557  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Fetal and Fatigued
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moflyer View Post
...I got hired by Southwest instead. I would still consider ATI to stop commuting...
You actually passed a drug test?
Jurassic Jet is offline  
Old 09-14-2019, 03:41 AM   #558  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
Default love

hello how are you mdoing
rich12 is offline  
Old 09-18-2019, 03:48 AM   #559  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moflyer View Post
I have applied a few times and never heard a peep, I got hired by Southwest instead. I would still consider ATI to stop commuting, but heard nothing the last time I applied.
This is one reason why I want to hang my hat at K4, true home basing. All the higher paying jobs out there would require me to commute or move to base, no thank you. And if you can't live comfortably with what K4 pays and save for retirement, you have a bigger problem.
No Land 3 is offline  
Old 09-23-2019, 08:41 AM   #560  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
This is one reason why I want to hang my hat at K4, true home basing. All the higher paying jobs out there would require me to commute or move to base, no thank you. And if you can't live comfortably with what K4 pays and save for retirement, you have a bigger problem.

Thats because you're finally on Capts pay!
midnightshuttle is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ATI Jumpseat - Denied abxflyr Cargo 74 03-06-2019 06:22 AM
ABX vs ATI Hiring...choose wisely! motorclutch Cargo 4 04-15-2016 01:13 PM
ABX and ATI hiring confirmed motorclutch Cargo 19 03-29-2016 10:02 AM
Combined 2011 Hiring Info lolwut Major 24 12-01-2010 03:21 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:35 AM.