Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2019, 09:00 AM   #31  
Disinterested Third Party
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
Well as I am not planning on jumping out of airplanes why would I? ...I was looking for a policy that covered what I currently do fly 767s for a major airline. I did not ask if it covered space shuttle pilots either as it did not apply. I am fairly certain the original OP was looking for something along those lines also. Just get what you need.
Well, you quoted me and replied to me with your comment about Harvey Watt. I'd just told you that depending on experience, life insurance might be very difficult or impossible to get, and your response was to quote a low cost long term life insurance.

I responded by reiterating that this low cost isn't necessarily possible for all...and it appears you didn't actually listen.

You got a great deal. It must be nice for you.

As for why you wouldn't jump from an airplane, perhaps simply because you don't now what you're missing. That, and the fact that most jump airplanes are such wrecks that it's safer getting out than landing with them.

Given that many others, beside the original poster, may also want life insurance, it's reasonable that individual background (and thus cost and availability) are worthy of consideration. As I speak for none other, I offered my own.
JohnBurke is offline  
Old 04-12-2019, 09:40 AM   #32  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Well, you quoted me and replied to me with your comment about Harvey Watt. I'd just told you that depending on experience, life insurance might be very difficult or impossible to get, and your response was to quote a low cost long term life insurance.

I responded by reiterating that this low cost isn't necessarily possible for all...and it appears you didn't actually listen.

You got a great deal. It must be nice for you.

As for why you wouldn't jump from an airplane, perhaps simply because you don't now what you're missing. That, and the fact that most jump airplanes are such wrecks that it's safer getting out than landing with them.

Given that many others, beside the original poster, may also want life insurance, it's reasonable that individual background (and thus cost and availability) are worthy of consideration. As I speak for none other, I offered my own.
You told your experience finding life insurance...I told mine. I think most can figure out where they fall in between. As to why I don't jump out of airplanes that are not on fire...its the same reason I don't climb on my roof to repair/install something. It looks good on paper until you break your back and end up in a wheelchair.
nitefr8dog is offline  
Old 04-12-2019, 10:14 AM   #33  
Disinterested Third Party
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,620
Default

Hopefully your dining room table comes with air bags and someone remembered to blunt the forks.

Fly safe.
JohnBurke is offline  
Old 04-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #34  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Hopefully your dining room table comes with air bags and someone remembered to blunt the forks.

Fly safe.
And your chute opens...I flew with a guy whose didn't. Wore a 2 inch shoe lift and 37 broken bones. Could not sit for more than 30 min....fall safe.
nitefr8dog is offline  
Old 04-12-2019, 11:11 AM   #35  
Disinterested Third Party
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
And your chute opens...I flew with a guy whose didn't. Wore a 2 inch shoe lift and 37 broken bones. Could not sit for more than 30 min....fall safe.
Already been there, got the tee shirt, thanks. I woke up in intensive care. It was my fault.

Life goes on.
JohnBurke is offline  
Old 04-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #36  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Already been there, got the tee shirt, thanks. I woke up in intensive care. It was my fault.

Life goes on.
I am ok without that life lesson...
nitefr8dog is offline  
Old 04-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #37  
All is fine at .79
Thread Starter
 
TiredSoul's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot
Posts: 1,816
Default

Can we stop with the ****ing contest and stay on track?
TiredSoul is offline  
Old 04-13-2019, 09:42 AM   #38  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Can we stop with the ****ing contest and stay on track?
You have not got enough information yet? Maybe that was the "track" .
Make some calls get some quotes,
pick a policy. For Christs sake what's left?
nitefr8dog is offline  
Old 04-13-2019, 08:06 PM   #39  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SoFloFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 633
Default

Anyone looking into term life, PM me. I actually sell life insurance whenever Iím not flying. Iíd be more than happy to try and find something thatís right for yíall. I donít offer it, I can try to point you in the right direction.

Personally, I got a 463K on me and 350K on the wife. Weíre paying $99 month. Granted, weíre in our twenties, but Primerica didnít have any issues with me being a pilot.
SoFloFlyer is offline  
Old 04-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #40  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Can we stop with the ****ing contest and stay on track?
Did you show people your ID? Maybe you'll get a discount.
Riverside is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta? Guard Dude Delta 198552 Yesterday 02:20 PM
Term Life ATRCA Money Talk 6 09-15-2016 05:32 PM
Life insurance and retirement for atp's Gear Up Money Talk 2 03-20-2011 06:14 PM
Life Insurance wiz5422 Money Talk 2 10-09-2010 03:35 PM
life insurance estimator tool Tech Maven Hangar Talk 1 02-09-2006 07:25 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:45 PM.