Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Cargo (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/cargo/)
-   -   Where is the MOAB? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/cargo/16269-where-moab.html)

purplepilot 08-26-2007 02:00 PM

Where is the MOAB?
 
Where exactly is the MOAB? Personally, I don't think it will be a "MOAB", rather just a fairly lean bid that is used to fill the FDA's. It can't really be a three year bid b/c we'll be cranking up the 777 soon and more 757's will eventually be in MEM. Also, aren't we pretty much fat in every seat since the company started running the "sodomizer"? I don't know, just thinking out loud.

bustinmins 08-26-2007 02:44 PM

I doubt we'll see a true, by 2006 standards, MOAB. I think we'll see some movement but like PC said, Bid what you want to fly..because you may be there for a few years.

SNIZ 08-26-2007 06:03 PM

Rumor
 
Heard on the crew bus today from an LCA, 7 Sept. FWIW.

MD11Fr8Dog 08-26-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purplepilot (Post 221553)
Where exactly is the MOAB? Personally, I don't think it will be a "MOAB", rather just a fairly lean bid that is used to fill the FDA's. It can't really be a three year bid b/c we'll be cranking up the 777 soon and more 757's will eventually be in MEM. Also, aren't we pretty much fat in every seat since the company started running the "sodomizer"? I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Here you go! Moab

Twiceskunkeddog 08-26-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNIZ (Post 221631)
Heard on the crew bus today from an LCA, 7 Sept. FWIW.

That would make sense, because the excess bid Training letter fizzles about MOAIBUURAPWFTBNATFDAM + 45 days. At least on the Boeing. It seemed to be true on the 11 as well. Didn't check the Bus.

(Mother Of All Insignificant Bids Unless You aRe A Poolie Waiting For The Bad News About The Foreign Duty Assignment Monster.... Try to say that all in one breath)

No slam on the Poolies.... we all love you guys... really we do... Plus just think of all the good biotchin' you get to do once you're on property. See, there is a silver lining in that cloud after all.

:D

TSD

Lippy 08-26-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiceskunkeddog (Post 221654)
(Mother Of All Insignificant Bids Unless You aRe A Poolie Waiting For The Bad News About The Foreign Duty Assignment Monster

TSD

That's what I was gonna say.

RockyTopFlyer 08-26-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNIZ (Post 221631)
Heard on the crew bus today from an LCA, 7 Sept. FWIW.

Sep 7th is also the word I got from an LCA.

Of course, I had a few LCA and flex instructors tell me during the CBA negotiatons, "The contract will be signed in a couple weeks." I heard that quote when we still had a year of negotiations to go. I don't believe anything here until it actually happens. Sometimes people "in the know" at FedEx really don't know much more than a line guy who is on extended military leave. We are like a sewing club when it comes to rumors. If nothing else, it is very entertaining.

32 percenter

Toccata 08-27-2007 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyTopFlyer (Post 221708)
Sep 7th is also the word I got from an LCA.

Of course, I had a few LCA and flex instructors tell me during the CBA negotiatons, "The contract will be signed in a couple weeks." I heard that quote when we still had a year of negotiations to go. I don't believe anything here until it actually happens. Sometimes people "in the know" at FedEx really don't know much more than a line guy who is on extended military leave. We are like a sewing club when it comes to rumors. If nothing else, it is very entertaining.

32 percenter

Assuming both LCA's are on the same jet, I'm betting they were briefed that date in a meeting.

45 days until closing, correct? That would make it closing about the Oct 22,23 time frame.

How does that compare to the earliest possible date of our esteemed legislatures passing (and the Pres. signing) the age 65 law? Daniel?

SC-7 08-27-2007 03:45 AM

Toccata, is that a jack russell or one of them there pit bulls?

TheBaron 08-27-2007 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toccata (Post 221764)
Assuming both LCA's are on the same jet, I'm betting they were briefed that date in a meeting.

45 days until closing, correct? That would make it closing about the Oct 22,23 time frame.

How does that compare to the earliest possible date of our esteemed legislatures passing (and the Pres. signing) the age 65 law? Daniel?

And why would anyone in their right mind believe a rumor from an LCA has any more validity than one from a bus driver? The SCP's never even get the date right. It will happen when it happens...now stop asking or I'll turn this car around.

Age 65 this fall? HaHaHa!! That's a good one.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:25 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands