Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Lifizgud's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Re-reading George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' and getting scared...
Posts: 271
Default FDX - Reserve Trip Revision Question

Well, I've never seen this before, and before anyone asks, yes, I've looked through sections 25 and 4, I just can't figure out where it applies. I was given a 6Hr trip on reserve that was revised 6 times and was changed from about 18 hrs TAFB to two min and 1 regular layovers and almost 57 hrs TAFB. The trip pay (leveling for me) went to 7:30 to almost 18 hrs, then mysteriously backed down to 16 hrs, then 15:30, and finally 15 hrs leveling credit. There was one stby period added which later was mysteriously deleted. Can anyone say if this was legal or should I get the highest pay/leveling credit? Thanks in advance for the insight.
Lifizgud is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FedExBusBoy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus Driver
Posts: 521
Default

Sounds like you got bent over without the jelly.........

I think you get the 18
FedExBusBoy is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
AFW_MD11's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD11 FO, ANC
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifizgud View Post
Well, I've never seen this before, and before anyone asks, yes, I've looked through sections 25 and 4, I just can't figure out where it applies. I was given a 6Hr trip on reserve that was revised 6 times and was changed from about 18 hrs TAFB to two min and 1 regular layovers and almost 57 hrs TAFB. The trip pay (leveling for me) went to 7:30 to almost 18 hrs, then mysteriously backed down to 16 hrs, then 15:30, and finally 15 hrs leveling credit. There was one stby period added which later was mysteriously deleted. Can anyone say if this was legal or should I get the highest pay/leveling credit? Thanks in advance for the insight.
I know you are mostly concerned about your leveling and/or pay credit for all this nonsense......but.....

In addition to finding out about those issues......make sure you email all this info to the new ORX Group at the union

I'm PMing you the email address.

They are tracking all these operational revisions and monkey business that CRS is doing.

Keep us posted on the leveling and pay answers.
AFW_MD11 is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
fedupbusdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: A300/310 Capt
Posts: 1,636
Default

On reserve, you get leveled for whatever the trip is worth as flown. As a pilot with trip guarantee, you get paid the higher of what the trip was worth when assigned, vs flown. IE, if you bid for a trip that was worth 18 hrs, and changes turn it into a trip that would be worth less, you still get the pay you signed up for. On reserve, you do not hold trip guarantee, so you are leveled for whatever the trip is worth as flown.
fedupbusdriver is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Lifizgud's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Re-reading George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' and getting scared...
Posts: 271
Default

Thanks for all the info...I'll get to my PM too.
Lifizgud is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 03:49 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Tuck's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD11 FO
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedupbusdriver View Post
On reserve, you get leveled for whatever the trip is worth as flown. As a pilot with trip guarantee, you get paid the higher of what the trip was worth when assigned, vs flown. IE, if you bid for a trip that was worth 18 hrs, and changes turn it into a trip that would be worth less, you still get the pay you signed up for. On reserve, you do not hold trip guarantee, so you are leveled for whatever the trip is worth as flown.
Uh no. RLG is as flown. Leveling is as assigned.
See section 4.H.1.a
Tuck is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 03:49 AM   #7  
Line Holder
 
purple1day's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Posts: 92
Default

I looked for the ORX group on the ALPA website and could not find them. I had a not so kosher operational revision last month I would like to tell them about.
purple1day is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 05:16 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
viperdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 446
Default

Similar happened to me. Revised on reserve up to a 10.5 credit hour trip with a 18 hour layover. After blockin and before getting in the taxi revised to 10 hour layover and now a 9 credit hour trip. I think I should get leveled for 10.5 hours and credit for an early showtime, dont know if that goes toward leveling or I get paid extra. I got leveled for 9 hours.

I know how it "should" work but I also know I have been on an airport standby where they have called and assigned me a 18 hour trip and then cancelled it and sent me back to bed without leveling.

Talked to DT at ALPA. Assignment is when you are first given the trip. So when revised in the field you get leveled for what you flew. Recall from rest does not apply that is when you dont even get a full rest. I get nothing.

Last edited by viperdriver; 01-08-2010 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Update
viperdriver is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gunter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple1day View Post
I looked for the ORX group on the ALPA website and could not find them. I had a not so kosher operational revision last month I would like to tell them about.
I think they work for the SIG. Might want to try them.
Gunter is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gunter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,931
Default

I don't think DT looked at this part, 4.H, of the CBA.

H. Reserve Credit Hour Accrual

1. A pilot who is assigned a trip(s) or base standby in reserve status shall have the trip guarantee or standby pay credited toward his leveling and/or RLG as follows:
a. For leveling, trip guarantee or standby pay shall be credited upon assignment
.
Gunter is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FDX varsity deviation question pig on the wing Cargo 12 08-13-2012 04:36 PM
FDX Vacation Experts Question MajorKong Cargo 8 09-13-2009 06:32 AM
FDX - Trip revision limits boxhauler Cargo 2 05-22-2009 10:45 AM
FDX Trip Trade Bank HazCan Cargo 2 05-05-2009 04:38 PM
FDX Substitution Question Jumbo Pilot Cargo 7 09-10-2008 09:11 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:17 PM.