Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: AERO
Posts: 48
Default FedEx "B" Scale

So who else on the 727 is tired of seeing the growing trend we knew was coming?

As they shift the workforce around, the 727 is effectively becoming a B scale as every other fleet is back to near normal BLG or above.

This is ridiculous, I say we have to say no more. Otherwise, by mid-year, every other fleet will be making 75+ hours while we scrap by on 55. That aint sharing the pain, it's a B scale for the most junior pilots.
AirHead328 is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MaydayMark's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: MD-11 Captain
Posts: 4,286
Default

Dude ... I'm not sure why you believe you are the only one feeling the pain (maybe they're just picking on you?)?

I just read the SIG update that arrived in my email inbox a half hour ago. My (11MEMCA) RLG next month is only 62 hrs!*? Maybe you should read it. I agree that the pain is not evenly spread but there are lots of us taking it up the 4a2b!
MaydayMark is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gunter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMark View Post
Dude ... I'm not sure why you believe you are the only one feeling the pain (maybe they're just picking on you?)?

I just read the SIG update that arrived in my email inbox a half hour ago. My (11MEMCA) RLG next month is only 62 hrs!*? Maybe you should read it.
Yes, reading it would be good. Some of what it says--

MD 11 CA MEM is at a 65 hr average and rising every month. 727 CA and SO at 60 hrs.

Your RLG, as a percentage of the line average, is proportionately higher.

OR told us the plan was to put all the extra pilots in the 727.

B scale it is and will be until an arbitrator rules otherwise.
Gunter is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Auger In's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: low hanging fruit
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMark View Post
Dude ... I'm not sure why you believe you are the only one feeling the pain (maybe they're just picking on you?)?

I just read the SIG update that arrived in my email inbox a half hour ago. My (11MEMCA) RLG next month is only 62 hrs!*? Maybe you should read it. I agree that the pain is not evenly spread but there are lots of us taking it up the 4a2b!
The 727 has been hit the hardest and their crews have suffered the largest financial hit percentage-wise of any other fleet. That's a fact. The disproportionate sacrifice they have suffered is criminal. Their pay has become what amounts to a B scale. You need to step back and look at this in perspective. Though your RLG as an MD CA may be 62 hours, you're making somewhere around $230/hour. There are junior S/Os making barley $100/hour at 55+ hours a month. Your financial hit, though painful to you, doesn't even come close to what a 727 S/O is feeling. There are 200 S/Os that would love to trade places with you in a second. Relax, have a drink and stop complaining about how rough you have it while you're fortunate enough to be in the upper tier of the pay-scale.
Auger In is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: leaning to the left
Posts: 4,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger In View Post
The 727 has been hit the hardest and their crews have suffered the largest financial hit percentage-wise of any other fleet. That's a fact. The disproportionate sacrifice they have suffered is criminal. Their pay has become what amounts to a B scale. You need to step back and look at this in perspective. Though your RLG as an MD CA may be 62 hours, you're making somewhere around $230/hour. There are junior S/Os making barley $100/hour at 55+ hours a month. Your financial hit, though painful to you, doesn't even come close to what a 727 S/O is feeling. There are 200 S/Os that would love to trade places with you in a second. Relax, have a drink and stop complaining about how rough you have it while you're fortunate enough to be in the upper tier of the pay-scale.
You left out the part about being fortunate to be getting a paycheck.
Busboy is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #6  
...Whatever It Is!
 
MD11Fr8Dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,677
Default

We're still so overmanned that today I was launched, off of MD11 CAP B reserve, on a 4 day trip, DH to STN to operate back RF2 relief pilot!

The only good I can report about this, other than my leveling, is that the Makers in the O'Hare Flagship lounge is hitting the spot! Hope I can remember how to do a walk-around, sort the catering and count the pillows and blankets!

BTW - this was a VTO line converted to Reserve while blowing off my number request for days off!
MD11Fr8Dog is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Auger In's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: low hanging fruit
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
You left out the part about being fortunate to be getting a paycheck.
You're right. There are 300 UPS pilots who are going to be furloughed and who will soon receive no paychecks at all. A buddy of mine there told me his furlough notice was mailed two days ago. He has nowhere else to go... at least as far as a flying jobs go.
Auger In is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
You left out the part about being fortunate to be getting a paycheck.
Did you vote yes on the contract. I believe it had a clause which most believed to be a share the pain clause. You must have missed that part.

You must be one of the two guys who stood up at the union meeting advocating for a furlough.
MD10PLT is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: leaning to the left
Posts: 4,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD10PLT View Post
Did you vote yes on the contract. I believe it had a clause which most believed to be a share the pain clause. You must have missed that part.

You must be one of the two guys who stood up at the union meeting advocating for a furlough.
Really? You got all that from my post?

That's simply amazing.
Busboy is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Dive and drive
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
Really? You got all that from my post?

That's simply amazing.
It really is ain't it?
flywithjohn is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FDX - Will 4a2b be permanent? Gunter Cargo 58 11-21-2009 12:11 PM
FedEx, USPS team up for new returns service ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE Cargo 2 09-10-2009 03:10 PM
FDX - Fedex Mexico boost Cargo 20 06-07-2009 05:40 PM
FedEx Eroding Workers' Living Standards TipTip35 Cargo 21 04-01-2009 03:10 AM
fredex attempts to blackmail the government nightrider Cargo 39 03-28-2009 06:26 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:35 PM.