Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
angry tanker's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: MD-11 F/O
Posts: 352
Default

The deal with the dh is it has to be part ofthe original pairing. So, say you are out on a four day pairing with no dh, and the rev 2 keeps you out an extra day, but rev 3,4,5,6 change it and you are now out to the max of 4 dys (int'l) and are operating every leg, you don't get that bank. Something our union gave up, lost, didn't fight for back in the late 90's. Now the use the statement that all travel banks are assigned at the beginning of the trip or upon assignment. Don't mention the fact that if the trip finished at rev 2, you'd get that bank....
angry tanker is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Busboy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: leaning to the left
Posts: 4,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry tanker View Post
The deal with the dh is it has to be part ofthe original pairing. So, say you are out on a four day pairing with no dh, and the rev 2 keeps you out an extra day, but rev 3,4,5,6 change it and you are now out to the max of 4 dys (int'l) and are operating every leg, you don't get that bank. Something our union gave up, lost, didn't fight for back in the late 90's. Now the use the statement that all travel banks are assigned at the beginning of the trip or upon assignment. Don't mention the fact that if the trip finished at rev 2, you'd get that bank....
Huh???????
Busboy is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PurpleTail's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Position: HKG
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
Huh???????
I think what he is saying is IF the ORIGINAL trip build has a DH you are guaranteed that DH bank money. If your original trip has NO DH, revised later with a DH and then revised again back to NO DH, you have no bank money since your original pairing didn't have it. Regardless of number of revisions and different bank amounts...you get the HIGHER of the two banks but not both. Example...Supposed to DH home from Paris, then revised to operate to JFK then DH home you still get the Paris DH bank money.

I am currently on revise #3 stuck and extended (slightly) in DUS. The captain is on revision #6. Lots of shuffling going on this week in Europe due to CDG labor disputes and work actions.

Originally I was on 3 days of HSBY in CGN with a DH back to MEM (I keep that money no matter what). Revised 1 day HSBY then operate back to MEM. Revised again to operate to CGN-CDG (1:10) as the RFO with a DH back to MEM. The crew I'm with was revised from MEM-CDG to MEM-CGN-CDG

To repeat previous posts.....once you block out the CBA is pretty much out the window and CRS has your arse to send you where ever they see fit, they could careless that you have a life. As with much of our contract, WAY TO MANY gray areas and open ended loopholes for CRS to use.

This is the whole premise to why I have voted NO on previous CBA's. A contract is worthless unless it is written properly in black and white, no fuzzy gray areas.

But hey...how is that 3% COLA treating you??? Enough to cover those INDY 500 tickets you just got screwed out of? Probably not, your 3% is going straight into your gas tank!
PurpleTail is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
hyperone's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777 Capt
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTail View Post
I think what he is saying is IF the ORIGINAL trip build has a DH you are guaranteed that DH bank money. If your original trip has NO DH, revised later with a DH and then revised again back to NO DH, you have no bank money since your original pairing didn't have it. Regardless of number of revisions and different bank amounts...you get the HIGHER of the two banks but not both. Example...Supposed to DH home from Paris, then revised to operate to JFK then DH home you still get the Paris DH bank money.

I am currently on revise #3 stuck and extended (slightly) in DUS. The captain is on revision #6. Lots of shuffling going on this week in Europe due to CDG labor disputes and work actions.

Originally I was on 3 days of HSBY in CGN with a DH back to MEM (I keep that money no matter what). Revised 1 day HSBY then operate back to MEM. Revised again to operate to CGN-CDG (1:10) as the RFO with a DH back to MEM. The crew I'm with was revised from MEM-CDG to MEM-CGN-CDG

To repeat previous posts.....once you block out the CBA is pretty much out the window and CRS has your arse to send you where ever they see fit, they could careless that you have a life. As with much of our contract, WAY TO MANY gray areas and open ended loopholes for CRS to use.

This is the whole premise to why I have voted NO on previous CBA's. A contract is worthless unless it is written properly in black and white, no fuzzy gray areas.

But hey...how is that 3% COLA treating you??? Enough to cover those INDY 500 tickets you just got screwed out of? Probably not, your 3% is going straight into your gas tank!
Guys, you can check with Crew Travel Audit to confirm, but I've had numerous D/H's cancelled/ modified over the years, and have talked with Brenda M. in CTA about these very issues. You keep the higher of ANY D/H monies that show up on an assigned pairing. And, as long as you print out your pairing revisions, you should be able to prove to CTA that you had a D/H scheduled, and be able to keep that money too, if the pairing gets revised again to no D/H. If anyone gets told something different by CTA, please post it.
hyperone is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 04:21 AM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
tennesseeflyboy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Posts: 425
Default

Appreciate the lively responses to my original posting about TRIP REVISIONS ANYONE ...................... NO, I did not have time to validate my F/O findings ................ But no one offered up a plausible answer because it is too damn hard to figure out WHEN CRS was going to put the screws to me on this make-up trip. As previously stated, the ORIGINAL PAIRING was to operate from MEM to XXX to XXX with scheduled rest and D/H, at the arrival of XXX ................... however, once we were on the trip and arriving into the first stop, we got the notification of the TRIP REVISION that basically wiped out the scheduled rest period and D/H, back to the planet ........................... I did call CRS at XXX to find out WHY were not advised of this trip change BEFORE block-out but J/S control knew about it, and their only answer back to me was there was "maintenance issues" regarding the decision to revise my trip and have me operate back to the planet ........................... OK, does it look like we can put in for and EXTRA LANDING and DUTY PERIOD ??? Please confirm, that is what I believe we are entitled to on this screw job ......................... Yea, will just keep that INDY 500 ticket and frame it ................. 100th Anniversary of the Indy 500, screwed by CRS and a magnificent piece of work called a collective bargaining agreement. BTW, I ALWAYS VOTE "NO"
tennesseeflyboy is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 05:43 AM   #16  
Line Holder
 
Jetblack's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 38
Default

Regarding deviation banks, you get the higher of a) The original scheduled pairing per the bidpack, b) The bank when you actually showed/blocked out on the trip, c) The bank that you actually flew/the revision you finally ended on.

You do not get the bank of any of the revisions in the middle. If on revision 3, that lasted 30 minutes, CRS decided to DH you CDG-HKG on AF for $10k but subsequently deleted that on revision 4 you don't keep those monies.

Hope this helps.
Jetblack is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 06:18 AM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MX727's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 1559
Posts: 1,507
Default

Sorry about the race, that really sucks.

I put in for anything and everything that I think we might qualify for. Throw it all at the wall and see what sticks. Without looking at the exact pairing, extra landings and extra duty period are probably due. You may put in for more than 50% layover change, depending on the specifics.
MX727 is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
tennesseeflyboy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Posts: 425
Default Trip Revisions Anyone ???

Yea, just turned on the tube ............ watching the Indy 500 race here at home at the planet ............... Looks like a great day up in Indy for the race !!! I think they were running around 225 mph on carburetion day, Friday.
Lots of Business Jets parked on the east side of the Indy airport, I would estimate around 100 to 150 business jets.
I want to THANK ALL VETERANS here on this site and otherwise, for their Service to our Country !!! Especially NAVY !!!
tennesseeflyboy is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
fdx727pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: 767 Cap
Posts: 1,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX727 View Post
Sorry about the race, that really sucks.

I put in for anything and everything that I think we might qualify for. Throw it all at the wall and see what sticks. Without looking at the exact pairing, extra landings and extra duty period are probably due. You may put in for more than 50% layover change, depending on the specifics.
I'm pretty sure you cannot claim disruption (extra landing) and extra duty period for the same thing. It officially was included in the 06 CBA, but I got my wrist slapped for trying prior to that. Obviously, Extra duty period would be the one to claim, as 3.5ch is much better than .5ch. The only disruption you can claim in conjunction with extra duty period is if you lose your backend DH and operate back to base. See section 4.Y.2.
fdx727pilot is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FDX - Trip revision limits boxhauler Cargo 2 05-22-2009 10:45 AM
Trip Pay question Adlerdriver Cargo 5 11-14-2008 09:25 PM
More trip revisions questions - FDX Adlerdriver Cargo 1 07-25-2008 06:29 PM
Ditching a Carry Over Trip MacGuy2 Cargo 2 11-09-2007 01:29 PM
FDX MAY Disputed Pairings TonyC Cargo 84 05-04-2007 06:32 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:45 AM.