Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2014, 05:22 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
appDude's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: B777 Capt
Posts: 601
Default FDX FxCal Per Diem Calculator

FxCal 4.4.0 should be released by Apple this week.
The new feature is FxCal Per Diem Calculator, which summarizes data from the company web site and presents an annual excludable allowance.
Just in time for tax season.

Also fixes the issue where calendar events are not always saved after a refresh.
appDude is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 06:11 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Busdrivr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 479
Default

appDude

I just bought a macbook pro. Do you have an app that will auto check open time? I can't use the company I-pad of course and I just gave my son my old I-pad.
Busdrivr is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 07:17 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
appDude's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: B777 Capt
Posts: 601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busdrivr View Post
appDude

I just bought a macbook pro. Do you have an app that will auto check open time? I can't use the company I-pad of course and I just gave my son my old I-pad.
Sorry-
FxCal is iPhone, iPod touch, iPad only
appDude
appDude is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 07:51 AM   #4  
Fill'er Up Again
 
FrankTheTank's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Scarebus Captain
Posts: 871
Default

So am I correct in my understanding of this, that it will recap last years Per Diem? Not 2014 but applicable for 2013? If so, awesome update!
FrankTheTank is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
appDude's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: B777 Capt
Posts: 601
Default

2010,2011,2012,2013
And no additional fee!
But I do expect you to have an Open Time subscription
appDude
appDude is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gunter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by appDude View Post
2010,2011,2012,2013
And no additional fee!
But I do expect you to have an Open Time subscription
appDude
I noticed a problem with the last update.

Every time I start auto polling and switch apps then come back, auto poll has terminated.

Hope you will fix with the update.
Gunter is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
appDude's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: B777 Capt
Posts: 601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
I noticed a problem with the last update.

Every time I start auto polling and switch apps then come back, auto poll has terminated.

Hope you will fix with the update.
I actually did that by design.
Autopoll does not work in the background.
When I am auto polling and go to another app, I am not auto polling, as FxCal actually freezes.
If I choose to go back to FxCal, I always start with a manual poll, and do not wait for an AutoPoll cycle, and then restart AutoPoll if desired.
Hope this solution is OK.
appDude
appDude is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 01:23 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gunter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by appDude View Post
I actually did that by design.
Autopoll does not work in the background.
When I am auto polling and go to another app, I am not auto polling, as FxCal actually freezes.
If I choose to go back to FxCal, I always start with a manual poll, and do not wait for an AutoPoll cycle, and then restart AutoPoll if desired.
Hope this solution is OK.
appDude
Maybe you can fix it in a future update
Gunter is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #9  
Fill'er Up Again
 
FrankTheTank's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Scarebus Captain
Posts: 871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by appDude View Post
2010,2011,2012,2013
And no additional fee!
But I do expect you to have an Open Time subscription
appDude
Awesome. And yes!
FrankTheTank is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 04:38 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CloudSailor's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,667
Default

appDude,

Thanks for the continual product improvement.

Is there a reason why in the newer FxCal version for iPhone we cannot view the whole PFC page on the screen? (On the iPhone, I liked getting rid of the fixed screen display, to view my whole calendar for the month, but I can't do it anymore. I have to scroll through the screen and only see parts if it at a time, which I find impractical. I'm guessing though that it has to do with FDX IT and how they redesigned PFC...).
CloudSailor is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FDX FxCal Trip Posting Bulletin Board appDude Cargo 36 03-07-2014 01:43 PM
FDX new PFC & FxCal appDude Cargo 13 08-26-2013 10:25 AM
Corporate Air Bleeds Purple vagabond Cargo 83 07-14-2010 07:27 AM
FDX, Int'l Per Diem and Override O'DarkThirty Cargo 11 04-29-2008 09:03 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:13 AM.